upload_2020-9-28_12-20-48.png

IGN:
wwish
What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:
wwish#4154
What is your timezone/What country are you from?:
BST.
Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:
Yes, I am fully able to speak on discord with a working and able microphone.

Have you applied for a community team? If so, link your previous apps:

No, however, I do hope this will be my first and best experience in a community team.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes, I am fully aware and I acknowledge that I might be removed from the lore team. I will not bash any members on this discord nor will I complain to staff on how it unfair it may be for my removal. I am aware that there are multiple reasons this could occur and I will acknowledge each one.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

-My writing style-
-My work ethic.
-The ability to accept grammar mistakes.
-Being willing to contribute more to the lore team and such.

Now regarding these things,

My writing style might obstruct your progress mainly because I find it hard to change it after me being absorbed in a certain way I write.

My work ethic, meaning whether or not I truly have motivation to continue on with my work.

My ability to accept grammar mistakes, would be me trying to find some way or some loophole on why a certain mistake I may have made isn't really a mistake.

B
eing willing to contribute- I am someone who finds it tasking on contributing with other people, be it the fair of me being too impulsive or just trying to do the minimum work possible.

I will of course try to break these barriers and be the best I could be without question. I will try to work on any areas as soon as light is shown on me showing these attributes. That is a strong promise I'm holding to the lore team.

As for what could also possibly destruct my work progress would be:

-Not given enough to write about- Such as events that have little to no impact to the lore, where having to scramble for very little impacts in order for the lore to seem interesting for the readers.

-Having limited resources or non at all- Not having a doc given or perhaps even something as a format given for writing in the lore.

-Having no platforms to share said work- When you are unable to spread it through official means so it would be tasking to actually spread the lore.

-
What makes you different from other applicants?:
What I would say makes me different from other applicants, would be the fact that I am a working and able writer who tries their best to contribute themselves to the server as much as possible. Given the fact that I will be available almost all and every possible period with the adding fact that I enjoy adding my own personal touches to my writing style to make it more unique and pop out. I will also be available most of the time, answering to dms, on forums, and of course on the main server. I will make sure to be respectful and mature whenever having a conversation with any of the lore team members. I would also make sure to give my absolute best and nothing lower than my best, I will make sure that I won't ask for more that is given and I'll make do with what I already have within my grasp.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing has always been a thing for me where I always end up getting absorbed in it, it has been something that keeps my mind occupied with also being something that gives me a sensation which I quite can't explain, wrapping me around in some kind of comfort, giving me nostalgia to a place I've never even been in, something that keeps me in a paradise which isn't perfect. It always gave me some kind of feeling, I still can't explain it but I always wanted to write for hours and hours just to regain this special, and unexplainable feeling. I could write for days about something so little of a raindrop grazing on a leaf of a plant.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I would say yes, I usually end up involving myself in writing-related discords or rather anything that gets me fully involved, like writing competitions that happen in my school or even the times where I can just write for myself and perhaps not for anyone else. I have written a bit for other people too, whenever they'd like help in their essays or even on their assignments. So I suppose at the end of the day, yeah. I have had an experience when it comes to writing.

What is lore to you?:
Lore is when a background of a place or thing is given. Lore is when the people are given what had happened before them and how some things came to be. For example, the lore of a gang would be around:-

-In 1950, after a disaster struck in the Kisachi family, they had resided into themselves they had to be able to scramble for money any way they could…

Lore is essentially supposed to be why something happened, when something happened and what happened. It usually helps Lore is supposed to follow with those three Ws. Lore can be used not just for places or organizations, it can be used for characters too. How did this character develop? How did this character become the person they are today? All things that should be taken into consideration when writing anything regarding lore. Lore is something that will contribute a ton when it comes to having background for someone, something or somewhere. It'd help the reader feel more welcomed to the scenery of the place, or the development of a certain character. They'd be able to understand better on how some things were able to come to be. It helps the reader.. Even though it was already said before... feel more connected to the text, as if they understand the ins-and-outs of something.

Another example, this one basing on characters.

He was born in streets of Tokyo, his title being 'The gifted child' at the young age of three, there were already expectations placed upon him which led to...

Now with that, we learnt on where he was born, what he was called and how something on it led to something else. Which helps us understand a character better, and perhaps it makes it seem as if they were a real person who walked upon the earth.

upload_2020-9-28_12-49-44.png

[RECOMMENDED SONG TO LISTEN TO]

Write a 200-800 word story for a day in the world of Karakura.
I wake up, Monday morning the noisy yelling of degenerate would've woken me up to this formidable morning. Should I get up? Perhaps it'd have been an option, or rather the option is 'Get up, walk afraid' 'Lay down, lay bored'. I've been in the closet for a while- literally. I had taken comfort in this female's wardrobe, considering the things I've been through in this shit show of a town, I don't think it's that surprising. Resting my head on the side of the closet, feeling a bit of rust trickle down my nose as I do so. I circle my foot around, as I confide in this solitude immediately interrupted by the wardrobe opening. . .

Messy black hair with a round face shape that fits it just right, small eyes that would always give off a welcoming stare, concerning skinny build-- Did she eat today? Her fingers would always look rather messed up, perhaps from the number of times she's bitten it, an unhealthy habit. She laughs it off though like she does to all her problems. That female would be staring down at me, the same smile as always. I never understood though… Why does she smile so much?

"Hinata-kun! I told you to take the futon this time! You can't keep going to the closet! Gosh what will I do with you?" as always, an energetic tone would follow with it, as usual, I'd reply with a rather monotonous tone. I'm used to her caring so much.
"It's okay. You only have one futon. I don't want you to sleep on the floor again. " I would've placed my feet out of the closet, at first it'd be a bit weak as it got used to being in a cramped area, using the bridge of the closet to help myself up.

"You idiot! There's school today, and you haven't even gotten prepared?!!-" She'd pause, staring at the wall for a long period. She's been doing it recently, concerning. However, she'd immediately continue off on her sentence as soon as she realizes she was spacing out. "Come on! Go get. Dressed! YEAH!! Do that! Make sure to wear your tie. . We'll have to use the metro station, remember?! It leaves early now."

"Mhm," I say I'd be out of the closet by now, using my uniform to overlay my current t-shirt and short shorts. I would go to the room door, swinging it open-...

Back in the closet- I thought I left? Didn't I- Didn't I… Where is she? Where did she go- She was right here… I swing open the closet, my breath getting rapid, worried. Where did she go? What happened- Empty room, I place my hand on my forehead, panting ... 1… 2… 3... Where is she… 1… 2… 3… What was- What was her name again?-- What was her name...

HER NAME...

HER NAME IS-

Oh right school, she told me I had to go to school today.

[RECOMMENDED SONG]

Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like classrooms/gardens etc.) Why? What makes it special?

The classroom, specifically room 108. In that classroom, filled with yelling, bickering sometimes even some obnoxious misbehavior. I met some people, some people who turned my life into a whole new direction. The seat I sat on, the other one would always seem to be vacant. Whatever, I had thought. Every time, I'd make sure even if I don't attend any classes I'd attend the class in room 108. What made it so special to me? Why did I care about it so much? Simply because even behind the yelling, even behind the misbehavior, even behind the tedious work that was given. The people I met from room 108 makes up for everything. What would my life be without meeting certain people there? What would my life be without meeting them? I think about that frequently, how much of myself would change- for the better to the worse? I sleep with that thought, even if they don't recognize me, I hope that in some of their memories they'd recognize being in room 108. The classroom, with dual seats on each row, the blackboard that made the perfect classroom setting. The trees that were right next to the window that grazed on the window shield ever so slightly. It gives me a feeling of nostalgia, perhaps. For a day or two, I would like to sit in room 108. Even if it won't last long. Because in room 108, I became the person I am today.

Call it silly, call it dumb. What could a few interactions with some people even do to me? It was odd, I felt a bit weird when I talk about it because I still can't believe that these people...

Kind, strong, and uplifting people who put other people above themselves without even thinking of what would happen to them. How on earth could I be blessed enough to meet such people, how on earth could I meet someone who would listen to all my rants, problems and wouldn't even talk when it's their turn. In a room made out of blocks, filled with people who can't seem to understand how to respect their teachers or higher authority. What on earth- Gave me the wish, what on earth gave me the blessing of meeting them?

A wooden door that has been used to yell through countless of times, seats that were sitting on by all kinds of people, a podium that was used for lectures, a blackboard- well, that was hardly ever actually used. Such a setting, a setting in which would always give me heartwarming, flashbacks that would rip my heart out, place a blanket on it, and sink it right back in- exist?

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED
- Welcome to the lore team! As a team we've chosen to accept your application due to your activity on the forums and writing ability. Thank you for being patient with us! DM cloud_divider#3828 as soon as you can.

Additional note: The current works you have up on the forums will remain unofficial due to their nature, but I'm sure you'll bring up excellent ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread