mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Lore-Team Application

venus b.

Level 12
Disclaimer:
♫ While I was writing this application, I listened to this playlist. If you want, listen to it as you read.
It is also the playlist that I listen to when writing any of my stories. ♫

Introduction
*waves*

IGN:

juliazs

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:

julia#4780

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:

I’m from Brazil, and my timezone is GMT -3// BRT.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:

Yes, I have a microphone and use it to speak on Discord calls frequently. I even talk too much on the calls, and my friends are probably tired of hearing my Brazilian accent.

Have you applied for a community team? If so, link your previous apps:

This is my first time applying for the CommunityTeam, and as it is my first attempt, I am a little nervous, but I believe I managed to make an application to the team's standards.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Completely. I understand perfectly, just as I understand the responsibility and the risks that come with the position.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

✯ My priority is college. I am in the third semester and normally the more advanced I am in the course, the schoolwork and the demands of the teachers get higher and more difficult, so I believe that there will be days that I will not be able to focus on the Lore Team, such as exam days or assignments' due dates. But even though my classes have already started again, I am still very active on the server and Discord.

✯ And yes, I have managed to balance the time I focus on SRP with the time I focus on my real life, but sometimes I feel that I need to live my life more, focus on other things like family, friends and the world out of the virtual. So when I realize that my mental health is being affected by the amount of time I invest in SRP, I will take a break and focus on the areas that need attention on myself.

✯ Apart from college, I see no other external reason that could affect my progress in the Lore Team, however, as a writer, I believe it is important to say that sometimes I go through a block of creativity.

What makes you different from other applicants?:

I do not know the other applicants, but I believe that the starting point is to know how to write and I believe that everyone who applied, knows how to write very well, including me. But as I said, I don't know what else the other applicants can bring to the table, but I do know what I can.

I am extremely passionate about writing, I have been doing this for as long as I know myself. All I need is a paper and a pen and the words flow from my mind to the paper in the blink of an eye. And I think that this is what makes me different from the other applicants.

Leaving aside my love and admiration for writing, I believe that I have qualities that anyone on a team should have.

Work ethic and responsibility: I am aware that being on the Lore-Team has its obligations and responsibilities and that like any other job, there are its demands, deadlines and commitments.

Determination and willpower: despite creative blocks and deadlines, I am very determined and always try to do my best in everything I do, always keeping in mind that my work talks about who I am and I know I am perfectly capable of achieving what is expected of me.

Passion and creativity: I consider myself to be a very creative person, and I know that I can add a lot to the team with new ideas and new ways of writing.

Partnership, co-participation and cooperation: Just knowing how to write is not enough, and one reason I am applying to join the Lore-Team is to be able to deepen my abilities as a writer and as a teammate, and I know that in a team, support and encouragement to others is needed and i am committing myself to provide all of this, as well as encouraging my teammates to do their best and supporting them as a friend and companion.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

✯ I started reading from a very young age, especially romance books. Reading, for me, was a type of escape and a way to enter other universes and realities different from mine. After a while, reading was no longer enough. I needed more. So I had my first contact with writing. It started with short stories until soon I was writing pages and pages of anything that would give me pleasure.

I wrote for myself what I didn't find in other books. I created characters and new worlds, all thanks to my imagination. And all the hours that I spent on my computer, writing, marked who I am today. My stories, my characters, were and still are part of who I am, how I see the world.

Nowadays, writing is present in my daily life, it is what I do to comfort, escape from my reality and deal with the world in general. It's my passion, the thing I feel in my heart that I was born to do and, frankly, I love it so much.

I'm not just a writer, and my stories don't define me completely, but it's a big part of me and my heart. And it is something that I am sure I will never stop doing.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

✯ As I said earlier, I have been writing since I was very young. I never took any writing course specifically, but I studied writing in high school and I study writing in college today, just as I also have Creativity as a subject. When I was in high school, people paid me to write for them essays and other types of work. However, my greatest milestones as a writer are my two books, currently available on Wattpad, between 90-100k views both. But they are written in my native language, Portuguese, and currently I am translating one of them to English. (I can provide more proof via Discord, just ask me).

What is lore to you?:

✯ To me, Lore has its beauty. It is more than the introduction, summary or preview of a story. Not only does it explain the backstory, it not only translates the boring facts of a book, but it shows the reader a small fraction of what to expect from the rest of the book. It makes us imagine different scenarios and possibilities, completely new and fresh and that, over time, that we read, we will unveil.

Lore is extremely important because it has the work of world-bulding, but more than that, it gives the characters a chance to tell their own stories. And it shows the reader that there is much more to be read, discovered and told. That the story goes much deeper than we think.

And the role of Lore, moreover, is to create a desire in the reader to know more, to create an expectation about the book and make the reader move on to the next page to find out what comes next.

Prompts

Write a 200-800 word story for a day in the world of Karakura.
(Word count: 1106)

The alarm went off for the fourth time, and the screen showed 8:07 AM when Venus finally woke up, twenty minutes later than she should have, and groped for alarm at her bedside and turned it off. Grumbling, she slid off the bed, eyes still closed, and took a deep breath. Her head was about to explode.

"Oh, shit." She murmured to herself angrily as soon as her eyes opened and came face to face with the mess her room was from the night before.

That happened because five girls stayed up till late, drinking red wine, dancing and talking until they were too drunk to stand up. As if her headache was not a sufficient reminder of the night before, flashbacks started to pop in the blonde girl's mind, and they involved phone calls, tears and many regrets.

Venus wanted to cry when she remembered the night before, but instead she quickly got ready for the school, which, of course, she was late for. As soon as she was done, the smell of fresh coffee and bacon invaded her nostrils making her belly grow.

She went downstairs, practically levitating towards the kitchen and the divine smell of her sister Cecilia's seasoning. But her sister was not the only present. Her other three friends were all around the table, talking and laughing, perfectly dressed. The same dark circles that Venus had gained were also under the eyes of her friends.

"Good morning, sunshine." Hummed Umeko, her friend, when she saw Venus enter the kitchen.

The problem was that Venus was not feeling anything like a "ray of sunshine", so she hoped her friends could see the inner smile she offered them as a "good morning" and quickly headed for the plate of pancakes that Cece had just put on the table. Her belly snored again and her mouth watered at the sight of perfectly prepared pancakes being taken towards her mouth.

In one moment, she was ready to bite off a piece of her breakfast, in the next, the plate was taken out of her hands. She turned, a flash of anger reflecting in her eyes, and saw that her sister was holding the plate.

You are going to eat on the way. We are extremely late. ” It was Cece speaking, her expression slightly irritated and tired, since she also had drunk more than she should for a Monday night.

After a few minutes of discussing whether Venus could at least have one bite of the pancake before they left, they walked towards the door, ready to go to college.

"I'll drive!" shouted Venus hurriedly, running to get the car keys. Her energy was slowly returning to her body as she was waking up for real. (Yes, it took a while for her to actually wake up)

"No!" her friends shouted back, in unison. Anyone who knew Venus knew that she was the worst driver in town. But they were all too tired to argue, so it was decided that Venus would be the driver of the day.

The group of girls didn't know much, but they knew that listening to One Direction at full volume in the car, eating pancakes and singing until their lungs ran out of breath on the way to school was the proven cure for a hangover.

Fifteen minutes later, after many screams, many “Venus, hands on the wheel!” and many attempts at highnotes, they arrived at the gates of Karakura College. But of course, they couldn't be more than twenty minutes late and think they wouldn’t get in trouble.

"The class started twenty minutes ago." It was the red-haired girl on the council, Chloe. Who was also her sister and roommate. She stared at the group of girls with her arms crossed and her foot drummed angrily on the floor, waiting for an explanation. Five smiles turned into five crestfallen apologies. "Second time this week, and today is Tuesday!"

"It won't happen a..." began Kat but she was interrupted by the irritated voice of the redhead.

Of course it won't happen again. Now go! Hurry up to class! ” That was the cue for the friends to run out towards the College building towards the class.

Venus suddenly stopped, her cheeks taking on a faint tinge of red as her blue eyes focused on the male figure a few steps away. He was one of the players on the Volleyball team. Of course, Venus had seen him hundreds of times at school and out of school, but it was as if she became her own version of elementary school, all nervous and silly when she’d see the boy she liked show up in the hall.

She struggled to keep a serene expression on her face, as if she were just wandering down the hall and wasn't late for class. But inside, she freaked out at the sight of, in her opinion, one of the most beautiful boys in Karakura.

She waited, waited and waited until finally the boy became aware of her and their eyes met. Blue with green.

Venus could have sworn his eyes lit up a little more when he looked at her. And for her, the scene was happening in slow motion but, in reality everything lasted less than 15 seconds and the magic spell broke when Venus felt a tight grip on her forearm and a tug.

"For God's sake, Venus, we don't have time for that right now." Cece cursed her sister, dragging her down the hall toward the classroom.

Venus turned her head, still letting herself be guided by her sister, hoping to get to see the boy one last time.

There he was, with his head slightly tilted to the side, still standing in the same spot, watching the blonde be practically dragged by her sister away from him. His eyes followed her with curiosity, but on his lips he had a slight side-smile, so attractive that it was as if they were asking to be kissed.

And Venus immediatly knew that, in fact, that was her hangover cure.

"Don't even think about it, Venus." Cece whispered to her sister, already seated in the back of Drama's classroom. She knew her sister too well to know that she was probably already fantasizing about a romance with the boy in the hall.

Venus turned her attention away from the window, bringing her thoughts back to reality, and stared at her sister with a cheeky smile on her lips.

"I would never do that." She whispered back, innocently, then turned to face her teacher, her smile getting bigger as she started to fantasize.

Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like classrooms/gardens etc.) Why? What makes it special?
(Word count: 824)

Venus looked up. To the Lighthouse. As far as she could see.

It was one of those days. Where everything is normal but everything feels different. Venus had done everything she usually would do on her day. She went to college, ate, studied, even laughed. But still, that day it was as if she were a stranger in her own body, as if she had stood up with her left foot.

After she accepted that she would not be able to finish her homework, nor had an appetite to eat, she decided that the only place she wanted to be at that moment was on the beach, more specifically the Lighthouse.

She stuffed her hands in her sweatshirt pockets to warm them up and let out a sigh, going through one of the doors and starting up the flight of stairs that would take her to the top, to her safe place. As she made her way up, she focused on not stumbling or falling, focused on not thinking about anything because she knew that if she did, she would break down in tears.

The sound of the waves crashing against the rocks, the strong and furious wind surrounding her and the echo of her footsteps on the hollow stone and steel structure was the perfect soundtrack for the melancholy of the moment. Slowly and carefully, she started to climb, more and more of the steps being lit up by the dim light of the end of the day.

Minutes later, she finally made it to the top. She looked away from her shoes and looked up, taking a step forward. Then suddenly, she stopped. She just didn't move. There it was, the view that made anyone breathless.

Venus saw an immensity of blue, miles and miles of salt water. The feeling she had was that the ocean that day reflected how she felt inside. Furious, confused, sad. The waves broke on the shore of the beach in the same way that tears accumulated in her waterline and trickled down her cheeks.

She let all the air out of her lungs slowly and then breathed in the cool, salty and icy air at the end of the day. Looking away from the sea to its surroundings, she saw the beach, the shore, the beach houses and some of the buildings. Everything was empty. The volleyball courts, the balconies, the chairs. Everything. It was as if Karakura had decided that the day was too cloudy, too sad to go to the beach.

Venus' eyes fogged with the accumulated tears and she closed them, feeling the water running down her cheeks.

Partly because she felt sad, partly because finally, after a whole day of feeling strange, there, at the Lighthouse, she felt like herself again. Free, brave, strong, just like the ocean.

She walked to the rampart, resting her body on it, and admiring the view again. She loved Karakura, loved her apartment and loved every corner of that city. But it was there her favorite place, sunny or rainy. It was there that she and her sister went to celebrate their deceased mother's birthday every year, it was there that she fell in love with someone who now was nothing more than someone she used to know and, of course, it was there she used to go when she wanted to feel like herself, to be alone and admire the view, the ocean, the tiny people down there.

Venus looked at the hours on her cell phone. 5:55 PM. With her eyes closed, she focused on thinking of a wish. It didn't make any sense, but she liked to close her eyes and wish for the universe at random times of the day.

She wished for many things. For summer holidays, for a cure for her broken heart and, of course, for homemade pancakes.

She felt something prick the top of her head, and on the tip of her nose, and then she felt several drops of rain fall. Venus opened her eyes and saw one of the most beautiful scenes of her existence.

The ocean, still furious, reflected the last sunlight of the day mixed with rain and formed a rainbow. The cloudy color was no longer so gray and the golden sun bathed Venus's skin as if it were a warm and comfortable hug from a mother.

The light drizzle of rain tickled the girl's skin, which made her laugh a little. And in that moment, hearing the sound of her own laughter, warmed by the rare rays of a cloudy day, and the memory of her mother, she knew.

Everything will be okay.

And everything was really going to be okay. Because that was Venus. Because that was her life, and she would not allow herself to live less than the most beautiful of lives, the way her mother always dreamed for her.

And there, at the Lighthouse, she smiled.

✯ Note ✯

Thank you for your time and willingness to read my application. I hope you enjoyed it the same way I did writing it, and I hope I managed to show how passionate about writing I am.
It would be an honor to be part of the team.

- Julia.

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
Denied
I apologize for the latency with reading over this application, your writing is nice but doesn't fit what we'd like right now. If you do apply again in the future, we heavily advise sticking to the word limit.

Users who are viewing this thread