buvet

Level 11

LOVINGHERR'S LITERATURE CLUB APPLICATION

INFORMATION

IGN of Club Leader (In-Game Name): lovingherr

RPName of Club Leader: Aiya Hinode

Discord Tag (Discord#0000): bells#3291

Permanent Discord invite to the club discord: [INVITE]

Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?
I believe I would be a great candidate for the position for a number of reasons. Starting off, I was a part of the club while the last (MapleRei) was still the club leader. Seeing how she ran the club gave me insight into what's best in leading a club such as the Literature Club. Being one of the Club Managers also showed me what it was like to get hands-on experience with running a club meeting and what it is like to come up with ideas for club events and actively plan them out. I have been a part of many clubs with different points to them so working along with other people and helping new members get situated and comfortable will not be hard, which is important as the leader and main representative for any club. Lastly, I have been in a leader-like position previously, e.g. Co-Owner of Monochrome Maid Cafe, as I have said many times, this opportunity showed me how important it is to make sure you plan in terms of meetings and making sure you are giving everyone a chance to be active, rather than leaving it to them to figure it out on their own. Everything I've listed has taught me to make sure I ****yze how people learn and if they need help on something, to make sure I walk through it with them in a way they will understand and grow, not only as a member or worker but as a player in general. I believe those are the qualities of a leader, especially one for a club such as this.

CLUB INFORMATION

What is the official title of the Club:
Literature Club

Your current members RPName & IGN:
(minimum of 5)

Club-Leader: lovingherr | Aiya Hinode

Club-Manager: irislover47 | Kanokwan K.

Club-Members:
1. maeussy | Luca Yamano
2. valussy | Masae Uehara
3. faelitia | Kyran Omori
4. accyl | Kazuki Alioua
5. FancyLyricz | Sumi Haruki

Club-Supervisor: JusstElii

The club supervisor's RPName & IGN: JusstElii & Ji-Soo Hyun

What is your motivation for creating this club:
In the most cliche way possible, I have always loved writing. Any form of writing, I enjoy; the classic CER, argumentative essays, narrative writing, articles, and poetry. When I'm bored, I try to find what I can apply for just so I can write more, it calms my nerves and genuinely makes me stop to think if I'm acting irrationally. It's a great way to get your emotions out and has been proven to be a healthy coping mechanism. Reading books and slowly advancing up in levels of reading is also a great way to get better in school and advance your writing. Many people feel the same way and have a deeper connection to literature, just as some do not. Either way, many people want to get into it or find more people who feel the same way because it can be difficult at times. I want this club to be a way for people to have an excuse to write, find friends with common interests, read and discuss their favorite books, and just simply people who will help them get that connection and find a new hobby. No matter the reason, I want this club to be the way people advance in literature rather it be from a starting position or a long time of experience. Even if they just want a club to join, everyone is welcome if they come with optimism to participate.

What activities and events will your club do?:
(Work out at least one club members-only event & two school-wide club events)

CLUB MEMBERS ONLY

‘Alice in Wonderland' Themed Tea Party
Club Members will tell me which character they like best from said movie, and in the end, I will pick and provide skins (if needed) for a themed tea party. The party will have tea and food for everyone to enjoy. At this tea party, they will each be given different lines from the movie and finish it off with their own line. There is a time limit but not a word limit. This event will be great for us to bond while still performing an activity around Literature with no guidelines on genre or format to leave for imagination. In the ending, in a good ol’ club manner, a winner will be chosen for the most creative, best description, and funniest twist. The prizes will be anything they want that is logical... such as free skins, money, a free pass on the next event, and more.
(EX: It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then… but I guess if this time travel madness does work!)

Weekly Prompt (Club Activity)
At the start of every week, either I will choose a prompt or it will be voted on the day before. Nonetheless, a prompt will be chosen either a genre, a given sentence to build off of, or maybe even a theme. For example: Fantasy genre, "I could feel my heart rate start to pick up as..", Zombie Apocolypse Theme. Sometimes, I can even do all three. Either way, every week they will be told to write something. With a prompt or not. I want to see their creativity and give them an excuse to write and sometimes, if requested, their story can be shared or I can give helpful criticism. Of course, I plan to use google forms and there will be an option if they want any criticism or for their story to be shared. Either way, I'll give a shoutout at the end of the week, the story shared or not, on who I think had the most creativity or anything else that I decided to shout them out for! Of course, if I plan an event for that week I'll advise them to keep it short or even do a poem if I think they won't have time to focus on both. This activity will be more of a way to see who has activity and who doesn't, but also a way to let them use their creativity to the fullest!

Literature Swap!
Starting off, I will try to make a playlist for people to listen to during the activity! In more depth than just a playlist, I want this to be a quiet time where we can all relax and really get into depth on what this club is about. Literature! So, everyone will start off by writing as much as they can within the time I give them. I will ask them to join VC so they can hear the instructions and I can also inform them of when the time is almost up. Then, they will partner up and swap books! I will wait till everyone is done and then ask them to form/sit in a circle. I will call on someone and they will give a sentence summary of their partner's book and give a compliment and some positive criticism. Then, their partner will do the same. This way both partners get to write in a form of a challenge with the time restraint and also get to grow during the activity and improve on anything that is needed. If the activity is going well and we have time, I will give them fresh books and make them swap partners to restart the activity again.

SCHOOL-WIDE EVENT

Written Art
Beforehand, most members including myself will paint a variety of scenery and silly symbols. Then, students will receive a paper to write on and each can pick a painting to write about. What will they write? Anything! As long as it somehow includes the painting, for example, they can write in descriptive wording what they see or add a story that goes along with it. While they do this, free summer beverages and desserts will be given out from stands of cheap pricing. In the end, the top three stories will receive a prize of yen ranging from 100k-300k. This event will give people a sort of visual prompt to base their imagination and creativity on while enjoying food, summer vibes, and an activity to do with friends!

Decipher The Poems
To prepare for said event, all members will write at least one two-sentence poem. Why do they write poems you ask? They will write a poem based on somewhere in Karakura as a clue. This event will consist of students trying to decipher the poems to figure out where the next location is, as they find the members and get more clues they will slowly reach the end goal. The event will start in the gym as the club leader (me) gives out a speech on the rules of the event. It will be instructed that they must keep all the poems in order to receive their prize at the end, if there are any late people they will be instructed to come back up to me to get the same speech and poem. Slowly students will scatter and begin the search. Once they reach the end, they will give all the previous poems to the final poet and receive their prizes. The first three get a bigger reward, and the rest will receive a smaller cash reward.

1st + 450K or 4 FREE skins.
2nd = 350K or 3 FREE skins
3rd = 250k or 2 FREE skins.
The rest will receive 50K for the time spent till the event is over.

Once the first three prizes are found, they will be instructed to go back to the starting point which will be the gym for snacks and music.

School Play
This event would be a partnership with the Theatre Club (IF allowed!), we would collaborate with the Theatre Club on the vibe of what they want and work with them fully with communication. Why? We would be writing a script for a play that will be performed in front of peers! This would be a great way for the club to break out of regular literature and partner with another club so that both clubs could put on a School-Wide Event! Of course, characters would be worked on with the Theatre club and plotline to ensure the Theatre Club/Leader is comfortable. Adding on, each member will be in charge of a character's lines and groups consisting of those members and more will be assigned for each scene so that everyone is involved. I think this event would be great as It makes so much sense and would be less work for the Theatre Club Leader in terms of planning a script. It would also be entertaining and fun not only for said clubs.. but for whoever decides to come.

How could your club benefit the School?: Literature is a great way for people to advance in many skills that you have to use in your education but also in future jobs that you might wish to have. The Literature Club could and will help people advance in critical thinking, engagement with stories, learn more descriptive wording, and more that you can pair with Literature. The club is also an acceptable way for students of Karakura High to easily get more sociable and connect with other peers while learning valuable and lifelong skills.

How would your club use the club room the club will be assigned?: The room will be a great area for silence when needed in order to focus on club activity writing, it can also be a great space for club member events or storage for our literature pieces and copies of anything needed for a club activity. Overall, it will be a great space to focus on the literature and everything revolving around the club, and things planned for the future of the club.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?: The only requirements are that you come with an open mind to advance and help others advance.

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
PENDING

I have decided to place your application on pending as the rosters are full as of now.

I can see you have taken your time on the last literature club into consideration, you have some nice ideas from the last and a good understanding of leadership, however, I would love for you to build upon this application's events and more to involved the clubs theme, show me the true potential of the literature club and further​

[!]
If you have any questions please DM me at Customable#1590

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the clubs' roster, please tag Customable#1590 in the academics discord to receive your roles and get started.

Users who are viewing this thread