Lozzywald#1925

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
UK GMT/BST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
None

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
I do have a mic and it can be used when needed. Otherwise it won't be used

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I play school roleplay daily and I have been for a while now. My main account has just over 4 weeks of playtime and this account that I'm applying for has 5 days worth but it is my alt which I'm hoping to become an adult on to make it my main. On both accounts I play about 6-10 hours a day. (Main acount is DontEatDaCookie)

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Priestess

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I currently have knowledge on the shrine's beginnings when it started and how it started. I also know about the rituals held there, The kami and even ancient myths such as the legend of the Kitsune and the Yokai’s. I am willing to learn a lot more about the religion and its holdings because i do find it very interesting

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I already have a decent understanding of the shrine and the religion itself. I am willing to and will put dedication towards learning more about it as well.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

I understand that i have to attend them
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Erina Hozumi

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-944-4721

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

As my family follows Shintoism and I spend a lot of my time at the shrine, I want to further my knowledge with the religion and even teach others about the religion.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I know that the Shinsei seinaru monastery was founded thousands of years ago. In the year of 744 BC the construction started for the shrine and later completed in the winter of 762 BC where it was held as a religious site for Budhists. The shrine was created in a place where there was no human life and lots of nature. They believed this would make the Monastery more Spiritual for the Budhists who used it. The monastery was once burned down but one building survived which was the shrine itself.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Leads and supervisors,

My name is Erina Hozumi, i am a girl who lives in the city of karakura where your shrine is located. I am writing to you today because I am interested in working for you and helping out around the shrine. I come from a family who believes in Shintoism so I have plenty of experience with the religion and I feel like I have what it takes to be a good employee of the monastery in the future and tutor guests about the past and present of the wonderful place we call the Shrine.

I wish to hear back from you in the upcoming weeks.
Yours truly - Erina Hozumi

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Erina Hozumi was born in karakura hospital at exactly 7:32 AM on Wednesday the 24th of September 1992. Her father Kiyoshi Hozumi was a rather tall Japanese male and had always believed in Shintoism. Back in 1983 when he married Erinas mother he taught her a lot about the religion and eventually she started believing in it herself. Erina had a nearly perfect childhood until she got to school where she would struggle with her lessons and tests. She got a F on one of her tests which made her very upset so she went to her mother for help. This is when she told her about Tenjin and how there was a Kami of education and learning. Later that day she took Erina down to the shrine and showed her the wonderful place. They even got to make an offering. Erina being the child she was offered a book about her studies hoping the kami would accept her gift and make her smarter. As her school life went on she began to pass more and more tests, this was just what she wanted. It was like Kami accepted her gift and helped her through life. Ever since she experienced this she started to believe more in this religion she once thought was just silliness. As she got older and more mature she moved into college where her studies would get alot harder but she would always remember she had Tenjin by her side. Every day after college she would make her way up to the Shinsei seinauru monastery to study and she would even spend her spare time here exploring or using the hot springs because she felt relaxed and safe within the shrine. She practically lived there. She had made many friends there with the maidens and was comfortable with their presence but one day she was asked by one of them what she would like to be when she grew up, Erina was confused about this and had a deep thought which made her realize this was where she truly wanted to be, So she took her time studying the shrine and would be more vocal asking the maidens and priests questions about the place she wanted to call home, Eventually when she passed college she was looking for a job and the first place she turned to was the place she practically grew up. She wrote a letter to them about coming to work there with them. To this day she is waiting for a reply.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shinto priests are seen to be the higher power as they are spiritually close to the Kami . This would mean they are in charge of taking care of the rituals and ceremonies that take place. Maidens are still a big important role within the shrine as they are the ones who take care of it.Their job is to make sure the place is tidy and presentable. This includes gardening , cleaning and sometimes even manding any shops in the shrine. They both have the important role of taking care of the guests in the shrine.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Before entering the shrine you must take the time to wash your hands. After entering you are expected to bow at the gentleman or lady that is awaiting you. You will be expected to wash your hands a 2nd time with a ladle as it is a way to wash away your impurities this would be seen as you purifying yourself. You will next have to also wash your mouth and then wash the hand you used to wash it with again which is commonly the left hand

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Many people believe there are many different ways to perform an offering to a Kami, and depending on your beliefs and where you come from there is. Shintoism's most common offering is performed by getting an item you would like to offer then attaching a piece of Noshi paper onto the item you are offering. You will next write the item you are offering onto the Noshi paper and finishing it off with your name.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea ceremony ritual is experienced all over Japan as it is a big part of Japanese culture. Tea ceremony rituals are also known as Tea gathering rituals. These would consist of you going to a tea house, You will get seated tne the ritual will begin. It will start by getting a pair of clean utensils, The tea will be prepared in a cauldron over a charcoal fire. The tea is served out to the guests of the tea house and they would sip it out of the bowl making sure to slurp it as that means they are enjoying it and are appreciative in japanese culture.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
These are all utensils used for rituals, The Tamagushi is a branch from a sakaki tree with cotton or paper decorations present. This is formally used at Weddings and Funerals. Ofuda is a paper talisman which is believed to hold power and fortune. They are believed to keep safety and find love. Kagura suzu is an instrument used in Shintoism, it consists of a stick with 12 bells attached to it. This is used in the Kagura dance which will be viewed at rituals.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Erina would worship Tenjin.​

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Shrine, after discussion your application has been ACCEPTED

Reach out to me on discord @ oZinth#0001 To get everything setup!

Users who are viewing this thread