Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Lqnce (PrideFlag is my main)
How old are you?: 17
Do you have any previous bans?: No
What Country are you from?: Canada
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Lance#4349

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I understand. If there's any answers that I cannot find in the roleplay documents, I will do my best to contact someone else to answer any questions and concerns that I may have.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge it, and I understand the reason why I would need to be if I was inactive.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: I understand

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I don't usually post anything on the forums because I generally have no need to, but I'm really active on the server. I play at least like two hours a day if not more. I also check any official documents when they're put up. I might not exactly be relevant

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/prideflags-college-application.30781/ (Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.19857/ (Accepted)

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
It might seem like a strange reason, but I really want to do something with my alternate account. Currently, it's just sitting there as some greenie because my main account is in college, giving me real reason to go on it other than to have a different personality. This gives me a whole new type of roleplay that I have yet to experience, this way I have a wider variety of the things that I'm capable of doing while on the server and I have more of a reason to play on both accounts so I can experience both.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Although it's not exactly on the same plane as SchoolRP, as a kid I'd roleplay in creative servers very frequently. I also roleplay on SchoolRP very frequently as presented by the amount of daily hours I previously mentioned. I'd say I'm about your average role-player, I'm definitely not some insane revolutionary role-player who everyone looks up to, but in my opinion, I believe I can roleplay quite well when I want to.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
I actually have no clue where the Faculty Handbook is. I asked in the Karakura Academics discord and was informed that it didn't exist.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Much like logs for anything, logs are crucial in payment and checking to see the activity of employees. For a classroom log, it ensures that the teacher is actually hosting classes and teaching so they can get paid and prove that they worked so that their employer knows to pay them. It's necessary to log all activity when working, especially the hours worked (or in SRP's case, the amount of classes hosted within a month) because you must meet a quota on how many classes you host, on top of any extra so you can be paid accordingly.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
I would first plan out the trip. I'd then plan out a backup lesson plan in case I got rejected. From there, I'd go ask permission from the principal or anyone that's able to authorize a field trip. If I were to receive the go-ahead from whoever, I'd follow my plan accordingly. If my request got rejected, I would instead go ahead with my backup lesson plan.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. No profanity.
2. Raise your hand before speaking unless we're having a group discussion or playing a game.
3. No phones in class. The student will receive a few warnings before being taken away by the teacher.
4. Be respectful to the everyone, teacher and fellow classmates included.
5. Stay in your seat until the period is over, or unless given instruction to do otherwise.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
For the most part, SRP has been the main roleplay experience that I've had. The roleplays that I've been in were not nearly as formal or coordinated as SRP, so while I do count them because of the creative aspect needed to create scenarios; they just weren't on the same level. In general though, I'd say that my previous RP experiences aren't over the top dramatic, but they aren't lackluster either. My most memorable roleplay experience is on SRP and being a student, which is why I'd love to enhance my experience and have even more memorable roleplay experiences as a teacher.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head of Department - These, as the name implies, are the Head of Departments. They run the department that they're assigned to or applied for. This means that they're in charge of the way curriculum is taught and anything similar in their own department..

- QTLS: Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - They're qualified to train other trainees and host their own classes without needing direct permission from the Head of Department. As a QTLS, it's their job to be role models to all the NQTs.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher - These teachers are freshly trained. They are closer to becoming a QTLS than someone in training, however they need permission from the Head of Department in order to work independently. This position indicates that the teacher may make mistakes because they are a new teacher. They made need to be supervised in their own classroom.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in real life are the people that present information to youth. Teachers shape the minds of the youth and act as a messenger for curriculum to be taught. In real life, their salaries range from 40-60k (CDN). On SRP they make 250k every 15 classes and an additional 50k for every 5 classes that follow. Assuming that spare time means work done completely with lesson plans, scheduling, and grading papers, they're just a normal person that lives their own life. If 'spare time' meant not done everything at work, then they review lesson plans, grade papers, and schedule their lessons. There is a large variety of teaching styles. Nearly all are targeted towards auditory and visual learning through lectures and presentations. These unique styles of teaching are up to the teacher.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers in game are the foundation for the classes and keeping the school atmosphere. If teachers didn't exist in SchoolRP, we would all just be sitting around the server. It wouldn't really be a school roleplay if there were no classes after all. Much like any job in SRP, teachers work to keep the roleplay genuine and authentic.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system runs on a "Must have, Could have, Should have" system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Lance W. Chizuru is a male with brown side-parted hair. He has brown eyes and kind of has a babyface in comparison to people his age. He has a soft and welcoming demeanor written on his face. He'd be short and small for a 26 year old male, but regardless his soft and lovable personality makes him shine bright.

Despite his soft look, he is impatient with people that don't live up to his standard but he tries his hardest to be understanding and at the very least makes an attempt to tolerate his students. He believes that students all around the world are the future for society, meaning that it would be up to him and his fellow teachers to help them grow in a positive way. His plans for the future are vague besides his wedding and his work life.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
If they were being disruptive to ongoing classes or their peers, I'd give them a verbal warning. If they do not listen after repeated warnings, I'd give them detention. If they continue to be disruptive, I might even go as far as having them suspended assuming I had permission to do so.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If anybody listens to a word that I'm saying in class, I would first inform them to settle down and listen to me. I'd tell them straight off that they're supposed to speak when they've been called on or during class discussions. If they continue on, I'd kick out the most disruptive students or give them detention and continue on with the lesson regardless if they're listening or not.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
When in the lounge Lance would act very different than he would as a teacher. His soft demeanor would remain, however he'd be generally on the quiet side. When other teachers would speak to him, he'd converse with them briefly, but likely end up letting the conversation fizzle out by accident. He may attempt to talk to other people but he'd often find himself in a similar situation than previously mentioned.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He would be beaming as he waved to all the students in the room. He'd glance from one end of the room to the other, ensuring he saw everyone before he began the lesson.

/me His hands would clap together when he heard the ringing of the school bell. With a simple wave and a smile he'd open the doors for the students to leave.

/me Slowly and silently, he'd step around and glance at each of the student's work to make sure that they were on task.

/me In a quick and effortless motion his fingers would punch numerous numbers onto the calculator, trying to calculate the question as fast he could. With a smile he'd stop, pick up a piece of chalk, and record his answer.

/me He'd sit and look at his desk while the students would clamor on during his class. His soft demeanor would shift to an annoyed expression for a brief moment before switching back to a smile.

Backstory

Lance Watson Chizuru was born initially born into a life of poverty. He and his sister, Leah, both were both given up after a tragic incident killed their father. Their mother gave them up after she realized she couldn't financially support the two. While in the foster care system, the two unfortunately hopped from home to home in search of a suitable place that they could officially feel safe in. The two spent their days focusing on school to distract themselves from their current life situation. Lance and Leah tutored one another to compensate for each of their weaknesses. They hoped that by doing this, they would eventually become successful and live a better life. Eventually, the two were relocated to two different homes. Leah went off with one family and Lance went off with another. Fortunately for the two, they were adopted. However, they were both adopted into two different families. Lance went off with his father, Aziel Watson, while Leah went off with her family, the Chizurus. Years passed as the two were separated by distance, until miraculously, they met up again. Lance eventually was able to take up the Chizuru name while being able to keep Watson.

In college, Lance met another a high schooler named Takashi K. Shimasu, The two dated for a bit until they got engaged and have been awaiting getting married ever since. This drive to spend their life together his gave Lance the drive he needed to pursue a job that met his general requirements. He went through numerous job ideas but eventually stumbled on teaching. Because of his past experience with Leah, he'd grown fond of tutoring and teaching other people mathematics and science. After learning and observing the teaching styles of his teachers and professors, Lance was determined that this was what he wanted to do for the rest of his life.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Lance Watson Chizuru
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr. Watson-Chizuru
Given Name(s): Lance Watson Chizuru
Preferred Name: Mr. Chizuru

Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Engaged

Nationality: French
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics

Year of Graduation: 2018
Major(s): Mathematics
Minors: Biological Sciences and Chemistry

Native Languages: French
Other Languages: Japanese and Russian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Preferred Teaching Subject: Mathematics

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

Mistalee

Level 104
APPROVED

-ˏˋ Congratulations! ˊˎ-

- Good application, I can see you indefinitely put a substantial amount of thought and effort into your answers. Good job!

- To further your career as a teacher, please ensure that you have joined this Discord-Server.

- After you've done the step listed above, please shoot me a direct message at; Knot#6368 to get you set up with your new role, as well as an introduction to your new position!

Users who are viewing this thread