players online

Luvinghers Reporter Application

buvet

Level 11
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your in-game-name (IGN)?:

On the account I currently use most, aka my main: lovingherr

On the account I plan to use for the role: luvingher

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, What is your username?: Yes, my discord is bells#3291 and I indeed have a working microphone.

List your timezone and country: PST, North America.

Describe your activity: Although I have two accounts I only really use my main, lovingherr. My reasoning for this, I am on the volleyball team on that account and my character has more interaction. My other account is the one I am applying on since it isn’t on any teams or school staff since I was a high school teacher around August. However, of course if this is accepted I plan to be as active as I have been on my main. I am usually on from 3-9 pm PST time on weekdays, time varies on weekends. However, if I'm offline, like most people, I'm always on discord and get notifications if I need to get on.

Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
DOXXING 06/19/20 - This incident occurred almost two years ago, I can completely account for my actions and say what I did was immature and completely out of line which has been proven as I haven’t been banned since and as you can read in the appeal.

BYPASSING ??/??/2020 - This ban was on a borrowed account I owned, however, I had let a friend use it and did not know they were bypassing and didn’t find out till I tried to use it months later.

Link any major applications (e.g Roles/Teams, exclude languages): On my ‘lovingherr’ account, I am on the Female HS-Voleyball.

https://schoolrp.net/threads/interracial-club.45933/ - [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/meraki-restaurant-application.47176/ - [DENIED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/__rileys-teacher-application.37189/ - [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/__okaserror-culinary-application-subject-change.39468/ - [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.26783/ - [ACCEPTED]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/okarps-ban-appeal.21981/ - [ACCEPTED / this account was used by a friend, I did not get it banned.]

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?: Honestly, since I’ve been thinking of jobs to apply for, the top two that came to mind were News Reporter and Shop Owner. Currently, Shop Owner slots are all filled, so that leaves me to apply for News Reporter. I would love to contribute to this faction and help players who aren’t always socially involved be filled in with all the latest stories and news of Karakura. I’ve always admired the reports the faction has done so far, and have genuinely needed a catch up with the server after being gone for weeks, and used the reports as a way to do this. It would be an honor to be the person to help others who want to be in the know about all the latest stories, as I was in the same position before.

Do you have any past experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?: Since I was younger I always excelled in English/ELA, it has always been my top class and I’m even going to be in Honors English next school year. I’ve always loved writing stories and I can remember writing stories for my friends last year and the reaction was always the best part of it all. I take a lot of my inspiration from my favorite books, especially when I write a story. To understand what your characters life has been like with their mental trauma, class, and other skills they may have you need to do research on the topic which having done that before will help a lot with how I do things ICly.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?: Of course, as needed on every other aspect and faction of the server. I’ve also took the time to go over the rules and reread them a few times while making this application and I wholeheartedly believe I can follow each one.

Why should we accept you over others?: In my opinion I’ve always been active in whatever I'm doing, most people get the job and barely get on or work. I feel I will be the most dedicated and am willing to work with others and be respectful in every situation and not be biased no matter who is involved. Adding on, I feel like most people can be slightly biased especially while reporting but I completely disagree with that and I certainly don’t plan on being that way while writing and/or interviewing.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?: Yes, and if not for that month I will obviously try my hardest or put in an inactivity log like you do with others and I assume it is the same for this faction.

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is: I imagine it's all about three main factors: time management, persuasion, and sticking with your story. To be able to write a story, you want to make sure you don't waste time, you don't leave any windows open for another to take the story you wish to write, and being able to persuade people to share intel with you, especially if they are hesitant.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:
Kohana Ishikawa

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g Ms, Mr) Kohana, Ko, or Ms. Ishikawa.

Current Age (25+): 32 years old.

Past job/work experience: After university, I set my sights to become an Editorial Writer for a short period and after an Investigative Journalist.

Degree/qualifications: Bachelors in Communication and Masters in Journalism.

Nationality and born location: I was born and raised and currently in Aoyama, Japan. I plan to move to Karakura fully if my job gets accepted.

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?: I would start by saying I'm industrious and assured in my work. If I see a challenge, I face it head-on and go to extreme lengths to get the truth out to citizens, even if it means making grave enemies. In a lot of cases, I have to have good charisma and persuasion to get details on a story, so in most cases, I'm able to do so. I'm confident in the work I do and I'm not afraid to bring up uncomfortable or touchy subjects that others are afraid to raise in order to get my point across, whether that be for intel or day-to-day discussion.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?: Addressing rumors and gossip with facts, exposing the truth with concrete proof and letting people have an insight on topics they don't fully understand, from Karakura workers, to crime in this city. This doesn’t just mean that I will be “exposing” people, but helping them in case false news is being spread. In order to achieve this I will need to do many private and/or public interviews to build up a story and try to be the first to crime scenes, hopefully with the help of KPD if possible. For the last question, absolutely. This job always comes with situations that may be touchy, or involve gruesome topics involving crime and certain subjects my character might have a hard time hearing, however, for the citizens and myself I'm willing to persevere. To do this, I plan to carry several notebooks with myself and have a presaved format to make sure everything is organized and easy for me to use. This will not only save time but make sure my information is not all scattered and easy to put together once I’m ready to write the report.

What are your expectations for the job?: I’m expecting that this job will take dedication and time I maybe won’t expect, nonetheless as I stated before, I take my job seriously and am willing to sacrifice time for it. I imagine getting a good story will take observation from me to know what story is good enough to be shared, but I don’t mind paying extra attention to situations and making sure to have solid evidence. Overall, I do believe I will enjoy the work I have set ahead of me.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below: No, I do not.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
  • Japanese
  • Arabic

Last edited:

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
ACCEPTED
> Upon reviewing your application, you have been deemed fit for the reporter role!
Please DM vee#8660 if you have any queries about the application

Your role will be set up in the discord and I'll shoot you a DM regarding the position soon!

Users who are viewing this thread