Level 59
st4rl0v3r
st4rl0v3r
Omega+
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
1715891072791.png
IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
Th3gr1mmr3ap3r (Adult) (Subject to change username.)
M3M0R14M {Adult)
St4rl0v3r (Highschool-college)

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
loverofstars

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
EST

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I hold an extremely good activity, always active when I can be! From when I get out of school to when I go to bed normally, it gets slightly skewed on Thursdays. Every single faction, I try to give my hardest into what I do and spend time with each faction I join. I do have exams coming up, so of course that will be affected; but right after exams I am on summer break!!

If I were to rate my activity right now for what I am able to be on for, it would be about a 9.5/10, I spend as much time as I am willing to spend on SRP due to me finding it enjoyable, and something that I enjoy spending my time on when I have nothing else to do; with the amount of hours I am able to put into SRP, it does also cause me to have pretty developed characters; the character I am applying as being one of the many.

st4rl0v3rM3M0R14Mth3gr1mmr3ap3r
1715645069269.png1715645025915.png1715645121677.png

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Maiden!

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I understand what people would call the ‘basics’ of Shintoism, as most if not all of my characters practice the religion to keep it going in Karakura.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I can’t exactly say anything, as I have no clue what the other applicants are good at; or what makes me stand out.
Yet something I do consider me standing out from others is my activity, my past knowledge of the religion, how quickly I can learn things; especially when I have an interest in learning it, and how I do understand a ton of Japanese folklore, and read up on it if I have time to do to.. I do have a few characters based on some of the Japanese Gods/Goddesses’ and even have some characters based on some Yokai...
A big thing I do have to add is how much I already roleplay at the Shrine with this character; she knows some of the spirits around and understands the basic rules of the Shrine.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Of course! And I’ll be more than happy to attend.

1715891138618.png

SECTION 1: Character Details

Physical

A 6’0 woman, she defied the fate that was supposed to succumb to; death. Every limb she had was now missing and replaced with some sort of prosthetic, something that spoke volumes about who she was as a person. Her left arm and right hand missing, following her right foot and knee down; leaving only a metal reselmbense to her previous being. Her eye and tongue met the same fate as her other limbs, artificial and fake.

Her face adorned an upside down cross; a symbol of her supposed to be doom, marked as a target. Some may describe her as holding an unwordly aura and appearance, which she greatly fits, and is appreciative of. Her skin was covered in scars, a deer skull on her stomach with twisted horns-a symbol of sacred meaning in many different areas, meaning renewal and the circle of life- she believes she is apart of that circle for a looonngg time.. Due to how many murder attempts have been upon her head, yet she still walks like a mortal.

Personality

Asoshina is quite literally a woman who demands respect and will simply give somebody the silent mood until that is given. She expects this due to her age and what she has been through.

Asoshina was a woman that demanded some sense of authority and dignity from others. She demands respect from others, confidence being apparent. She is the type of person to get silent, giving the silence treatment when she doesn’t get her way in requesting respect from others; she holds her expectations high on how she will be treated, uncompromising standards for everybody around her.

Beyond the facade of the stern nature, she is a woman of resilience, loyalty and protective over the few that get to see that side of her.

'Oh, my Kitsune.. I miss my Kitsune.. She'll come back to me someday, right? I miss our work hours.. I miss her. She was just herself.. she was perfect in her own way, she always stood up for me.. She stood up for us, when she needed too.. Nobody ever scared her, that's something I admired in my Kitsune..'

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

“My name is presenting name is Asoshina Helvete, but my full name is Asoshina Helvete-Chinatsu-Miyushi.”

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

“Miss.”

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

“I know I’m old for Karakurain standards.. Some call my 20 year old daughter ‘old’. But 52.”

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

“I am divorced.”

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

“French-Japanese.”

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

030-372-3802

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

“I want to help people to have the place that I have, I consider the Shrine a sanctuary where many people of different backgrounds all come together in a way, to find out more and/or to worship a Kami. One of the only places in Karakura where this can happen, without some sort of judgment. I enjoy answering questions from sincere people who wish to learn; with the small knowledge I have. Hanging around the Shrine for the time I have been in Karakura; shows that the Shrine is one of the friendliest places, even accepting me when I was at my lowest and losing my eyesight.. Knowing more history about the Shrine, one where many of my friends call home would also be extra helpful to me, and able to explain more about what has happened inside the Monastery's walls’..”

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

“I know a decent about of the Monastery, well- mostly the earlier days. The Shrine settled between two castles that were dedicated to two higher families before the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery came into the picture. The Kitsune Monastery, the old one that burned to the grown was made in 1617.. Thats about all I know off the top of my head, yet I’ll be more than glad to learn more about the history of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.”

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Mitsue-Shiro,
I hope this letter finds the new Mitsue-Shiro finds this in their best regards and best health. I am sending this letter to you to show my interest in being in the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, as I’ve been visiting the Shrine for a small while now; even though I had to take a break from visiting Karakura as a whole for some family issues, I while now be visiting even more; even with this request having the possible chance of being denied, I will still be as a frequent of a visitor I can bne. I hope to be able to learn more about Shintoism than I already know, and to use my knowledge to be able to tell the visitors of the Monastary what I know, and the facts I can share to answer their questions. I do very much hope I can be given the chance to do so.
Sincerely,
Helvete, Asoshina

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

“Dry your eyes, fate is upon us.”

October 31st, 1972. The day that Asoshina was born into a family of abuse and servantry. After she grew just to be about the age of four, when she learned how to walk and say some very brief words she was forced around the house in a pet-like-manner. Due to her small age and still getting used to how her body worked it often ended with her getting hurt for making poor mistakes. Accidents turned into learning opertunities and formed her into a perfectionist at ayoung age. She was too young to understand what was wrong with being treated like a maid when she should have been sheltered and treated like the child she was. She kept up this habit for years until a certain age of elementary school; where she finally realized what was wrong with being treated like such.

She understood that the abuse and forced to being a servant wasnt something that just started with her, it continued on for years upon years, generations upon generations, but they didnt know any better. They were raised the same way, they thought this was how they are supposed to treat their child until a certain age, like a maid.

Between dreaming.. And being awake.”

Asoshina found out at a certain age that she wasn’t supposed to be treated this way, no child was supposed to be treated like a personal family maid.. And she knew that, and she used to that her advantage. She packed up her things, and ran away from home without a singular doubt.. She was on the streets for maybe a year of her life, living day by day on the streets, using school as a way to clean herself and keep herself fed.. Until one day, on her normal alley way she woke up in a car; strapped into her seat. When she woke up, she heard a womans voice.

“You won’t have to hide anymore, ###.”

The voice was reconisable, but she was too tired, it was too late at night for her to be able to stay awake and question the woman that took her captive in the back of her car.. She couldn’t care, anything in her eyes was better than where she was previously..

Asoshina woke up the next morning in a bright pink bed, her walls covered in decals. A small note on the dresser besides where her head was laid the previous night.

‘When you wake up, go shower then come down for breakfast.’

And thats what she did, thats all she ever really knew how to do; follow simple orders.. She walked down the stairs, awaiting her breakfast and was met with a familiar face; her aunt’s face.. Yet there was something different about her home; it was a mansion and there was many kids running around.. This wasn’t her home, or was it? She never really found out, but she soon found out that her aunt was a woman who picked kids up off the streets that wanted to be taken, and took care of them with all of her heart. She didn’t want to have somebody relive what she had to, living on the streets. And she promised herself that, thats what she promised every single kid she took under her wing.

During the few years of her living with many kids, she quickly started back up in school; and she quickly rose to all of her classes… She ended up getting a scholarship at her local college due to her in-school performance, and her performance in her favourite sport; baseball.. And thats when her whole life turned back around for the worst.

NOTE!!!
Her backstory is still being written, I am discussing with some people if things are being left out, or kept in. So for the time being until then, this is all of her backstory that is being posted.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details
What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

“They both hold basically the same duties ; in some ways or not. They show people around the Shrine, hold weddings, give guests tarot card readings, they hold rituals to keep Karakura close to the Kami. They sell items that are in the gift shop, help people out with the Ema wall, and serve tea to guests. They both help people out who wish to learn more about the religion as well.”

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

“During the process, they will approach the stand or area where there is a small tub of water, with good intent. Using the dipper; or a ladle, you wash your hands, starting with your left and then moving to the right. You then drink some of the water, drinking some of the water, yet without swallowing it, you clean your mouth before spitting it off to the side; where normally rocks are placed. Using the remaining water in the ladle or dipper, you turn it over and leave it back where it was before.”

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

“At the Shrine, there are many different offering Rituals, yet one of them is considered a Norito, which are Shinto prayers normally sent in by Priests or worshipers. They normally hold about 3 steps. Praising the Kami, before bringing along a request and a list of offerings they hold to the Kami.”

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

“During these, normally you would hand out invitations; normally the host before anybody arrives will decide on the utensils and ceremony decor that they will be using. Part of the preparation is to clean the room. They may also lay out seasonal flowers. Before Guests enter, they must clean their hands ( same as the purification ). They are expected to walk into the Tea Ceremony with a bow, then normally given some sort of sweet. The people who have been at an event like it will be served before the others.”

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda, and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

“Tamagushi ; a type of Shinto offering that is from a Sakaki tree branch, and decored with washi paper, a sink of cotton! Normally presented to a Kami by the Priests at weddings, funerals, and other important ceremonies at the Shinto Shrines.”
“Ofuda ; an amulet you may receive when entering a Shinto Shrine, inscribed with the name of a Kami; they are normally intended to bring good luck and safety to the people who hang them in their homes.. The Onamori you get at Shrines are smaller versions that are portable and made to be carried and worn around.”
“Kagura Suzu ; Deity Entertainment Bells, are a special ritual tool normally used by Priests during a ceremony at a Shinto Shrine (Especially ones that enshrine ‘Ama No Uzume No Mikoto or ‘Miko’ for short.) Every Kagura Suzu has 15 bells, no matter what size it is. Three bells at the top, five in the middle, and seven at the bottom. These are some of the numbers that are also seen in Shichigosan, the 7-5-3 Ceremony for children.”

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Omoikane
The Kami of wisdom, intelligence, and often in decision making.

Last edited:

DivingBlues

Level 64
Shrine Lead
Builder
Accepted

Welcome to the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery!
Congratulations, as a team we have chosen to accept your application as a maiden/priest!

As a new shrine member you will begin your training under the shrine higher ups, please also make sure that if you aren’t already a part of the Karakura Town discord to receive your roles.

Any further questions please DM me via discord by divingblues.

https://discord.gg/pMtRP23t

Users who are viewing this thread