───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
Silhouette_Twice

DISCORD NAME & TAG: possiblyangie

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
|
EST | Eastern Standard Timezone

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?: Yes! I do have a microphone.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
If I were to describe my activity within the server I’d say I’m a decently active person in SRP! Because after all I am a human and I have stuff to do outside of SRP such as school and sports and more. But here is my schedule!

SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
I am completely
free on this day full
out the day! If anything
comes up I will tell in Discord status!
SCHOOL 7:30 AM - 2:15 PM

For the rest of the day I am free!

I am completely free on this day full
out the day! If anything
comes up I will tell in Discord status!

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Some knowledge I have about Shintoism is that it’s revolved around an idea called polytheistic. It means that they believe in more than one god or goddess and this case it would be the Kami! The Kami are like gods or goddesses in the eyes of the followers of Shintoism. It has many places for worship. Some places for this could be in many shrines found within Japan and or in other countries that follow or believe in this vast culture. Along with religions they also have Holidays for people to celebrate in their many ways such as Christianity as they celebrate Christmas. In this case for the Shintoism holidays there is holidays but they are mostly called festivals. Such as an example is a festival named “Oshogtsu” which is based around the New Year! But to summarize Shintoism and its followers have many many things in the world as there it’s many kami’s and its festivals. But even though I know all this information there is still more I would need to learn to receive this role as well I’m willing to learn more information about Shintoism to put on the role of a Shrine Priest!

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
What makes me stand out from the other applicants is that I'm determined, open-minded, and available! Furthermore, I’m determined because I will always try my best to succeed in anything I do if I fail, well then that’s okay there is always another time to try another time! I’m also open-minded I’m open to anything to be there for someone for support or for any ideas on what to do. Henceforth my last reason is availability. I’m always available to talk to anyone if needed and to attend shrine priest training! I will always be available when needed. But if I'm busy I’ll say in status!

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING
PROCEDURES?:

Yes, I do acknowledge that I will have to attend theses trainings to expand my knowledge about Shintoism.

97EB0485-D6FB-4890-A3E9-774EC16A3037.png
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Kōsuke Himari

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Mr

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80): 38

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Unmarried

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY: Japanease

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
“Ah, it seems I have no phone..number, I’m so sorry that I don’t have a phone number of contact, I- Do not use any socials such as on-rain as I think having phones could drift you apart from reality, which is what I believe. . .“

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
“My motivation for joining this sacred place to become an enlightened Shrine Priest is that it’s all because of my family and many others who were such influentials on my journey. To get specific I’d say my mother and a Priest named Hagrama were the most influential people on my journey. Why is that you’d ask!? It’s because my mother was the one who helped me grow more intrigued by my culture as she was heavenly religious! Runs in my family! My mother and my family went to a Shrine near our home somewhere in the Hokkaido region I can not remember.. but I met a young priest there named Hagrama as I said earlier. He was a very nice and lovely priest always helping the youth learn the ways of the Kami and get them more in-depth in their own culture just as he did with me! I vowed one day to become just like him because I was inspired by what an impact you could have on people even though you could help others in other ways. Henceforth this is why I’m motivated to apply to be a shrine priest.”

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
“Ah! The History of the Monastery is a tale old as time as my grandmother would say! But let us start with what I know this will start when it was constructed in 774 by the Buddhist monks, It was built in the mountains why? Because Shintoism and Nature mix well with each other like yin and yang. Henceforth Shintoism is a polytheistic religion meaning we believe I’m not one god but many and we worship and cherish. This is also like Yin and Yang as they are not one but two different but the same. The Kami Kami is sort of our guides and preachers that we pray and offer to. But some good things don’t last forever our Monastery went through a rebellion age in 1176 the Buddhist monks controlled the shrine at this point. In 1228 it was rebuilt and survived! This tale concludes here as I all I know from my knowledge.”

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

[!] As you opened a red enveloped envelope you would than see a letter as you open further [!]
04F3C574-A314-47DC-875F-25354282B42F.png

ECC1695F-7503-4C60-8151-469FB6DDE5CF.png

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

IMG_0995.jpeg
Somewhere in an International Hospital in the Hokkaido region around the year 19. Room 209, But there was soothing snow would fall onto the window like soothing waves. A woman breathing heavily was about to give life to a new young newborn baby.
Cries would be heard within the whole hospital room..
The mother named Kōsuke Himari would be sobbing happily that her first born was now nestled in her arms she’d than gave the baby to the doctors to give him the medical treatment needed before they could leave the hospital.

Phone ringing….

“Yes Honey?” Someone said on the phone…

“Honey!” She’d be sobbing still out of pure joy and happiness. “Our son is born!”

“IM ON MY WAY!” The Father on the phone would exclaim and then drive there…

Little did they know this would forever change. When the father parked his car in the Hospital’s parking lot someone whom would come up behind him and than grab a handkerchief and grab him from behind and gag him till he passed out and he would never be seen again…
When Himari got her child back she’d await for husbands arrival and get confused on-what the hold up was all about! Than the doctor would then enter the room and exclaim.

“Congratulations! What would you like to name the baby boy?” The Doctor would exclaim in a Salutatory mood.

“Kōsuke ' Himari” The Mother would say.

The Doctor would write that down and than he’d go over simple stuff as she would stay there for a few days. After the doctor walked out she’d fall into a deep sleep while her baby was sound asleep nestled up in her arms they’d be sleeping together like mom and son.

(11:58)

Few Hours later she’d awake from her slumber and then call her husband and remember he is supposed to be here. She’d get worried and call him but there would no be no answer… And so her heart started to race and than turned on the TV that was in the corner hanging just above the window to calm herself.

(12:00)

As she turned channels still holding the baby nestled up in her arms she’d than land on the news channel which the topic they where talking about is a man that was kidnapped a yesterday around 11:00 and in the hospital parking lot and than they’d say his name… She’d be horrified and she’d than she’d have a single tear she’d down her cheek going down and than she’d scream as loud as she could in horror…..

Few weeks later..
They were discharged from the hospital..
There was a missing case for a few weeks, than this turned into months..than years on end with no work or sense ti find him for all theses years.
The baby was a would now be 6, The mother of Kōsuke would watch her son playing around the garden! But when the clock strikes 12 every day he and his mother would go to the Shintoism shrine every day to visit. Then then 6-year-old would make a promise to his mom and he’d say..

“Mom! I will become a priest just like Mr Hagrama! I promise you that.”

“Awh Thank you dear you can be whoever you want it be.” She’d than mumble something. “Just like your father aswell…”

But sometimes the 6-year-old would experience visions. These visions would be slightly unhinged….

12 years later.
Kōsuke was an alone child with no friends nor any close friends he was now he was 17 and is now in Kyoto High School. He was more of a shy Teenager but then he keep getting these visions of things, he wasn’t sure about what to say about them but he just ignored them. Then Kōsuke’s mother decided to move to once more to a town called Karakura to see family. Kōsuke’s mother had him switch schools for Kōsuke. Henceforth also to see the shrine that was there for centuries upon end. Kōsuke and his mother went there to meet his grandmother who was his only grandparent in Karakura.

His grandma passed down knowledge about the old Monastery and the new parts and old parts of the monastery in the mountains and Kōsuke would never know what was to come with the knowledge he had now about the history of Shinsei Seinaru shrine and more information about the place.

As he was now enrolled and starting his new Highschool journey as a 9th grader at KHS [ Karakura Highschool ] He was the only one of the few people dressed in a traditional kimono, so it made him feel a bit out of place but after seeing some others wearing traditional clothing but modernized he’d feel more comfortable in his new Highschool. After a few periods, he’d meet several people at the shrine. At school, he would go to their library to study Shintoism and his culture. One day as he was studying he came across an old book- That had been in an old Japanese writing form it was called Kojiki.

He’d then study that text about the Karakura monastery he’d then learn the sacred truth from the Monastery and he’d always keep the book stocked in his bag.

When he was in class something happened.…
When he was in class he’d ponder off into a deep sleep on his desk with his arms covering as a pillow he’d then find himself in a dream or more like a vision like they had been happening all week.

“Where am I…” He’d exclaim questionably.

He’d be in a hospital parking lot seeing a man get out of his car and than walk to the back and than see someone come behind him with the handkerchief and-
He’d sudnnly awake up form his teacher

“Sleeping now are we?”

“Sorry, Sir!”

”Well you better not sleep any longer! This is important materially.”

”I won’t do it again! I promise.”

”Alrighty…”

He’d go back to teaching!

As the days went by school, day by school day the world would go year by year and till it reached his milestones, such as 15..years of living than to 18 years of living and his graduation. There was so much more he was doing inside of his head it was like a running circus as a river would be flowing with his thoughts streaming down rapidly. . .

(Huge Time-Skip)

Years later he would now be in college and his Senior year of college of studying Shinto Evan closer, as he now was determined to follow the footsteps of his mother, he would be engraved in with the information and knowledge of Shintoism he than would apply to the shrine Shinsei

IMG_3307.jpeg

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shinto priests and Maidens of course have different duties they must do daily because sometimes the Kami calls for the Priest to perform certain procedures for them and vice versa with the maidens! And so we all know that they all do different duties but what are they? Well, let’s get into it!

Shinto Priests
Shinto priests are the men and women who are in charge of the cleanliness of the shrine and leading the worship of what the Kami says. They perform different types of rituals and host ceremonies and officiate them. Such as these are weddings, birth, puberty, and funerals. Theses are some of the duties that a priest can do. They also assist the Shinto Maidens in there work.

Shinto Maidens
While priests are the ones to officiate things such as weddings and such who is to help and serve them in their duties?! The maidens of course are the ones that help keep the shrine to its utmost clannishness. They are also the ones to perform certain types of dances & music. This is for the Kami to make a proper appearance. They all assist in helping the Priest’s in there daily duties.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

The steps to purify yourself are quite simple! You must cleanse yourself before entering a Shinto shrine because it recognizes a couple of things such as being clean and cleansed away from the dark evil spirits! This is because upon entering a shrine when you do not cleanse yourself from evil spirits they may roam and cause havoc within the shrine. So follow some of these simple steps to cleanse yourself from them!
Step 1. Once you arrive you will be greeted by a mini Torii gate. You should gently slide your hands down to your waistline to either a 15-degree angle for an informal bow or for a formal bow you would do a 30-degree angle. After this short step, you can now enter the next step.

Step 2. After you have now bowed showing some sort of respect to the Kami you would then have to start a Shintō Cleansing Ritual. This will cleanse and clean you from any bad omen. You’d then grab the wooden ladle with your right hand scoop up water and pour it into your left then vice versa. Then if you’d like you could pour some in the palm of your hand and pour it into your mouth so you could cleanse that.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

Offerings to the Kami are very recommended because they show respect and the person who offers will receive a sort of ‘Special blessing’ to welcome the Kami! There are various offerings you could do such as Food offerings, Yen Offerings, and much more! But I’ll go over the two I said.

Yen Offerings
For Yen offerings to conspire the worshippers must go up to a Shinto Priest and Then before the priest receives the money they must purify themselves before receiving the yen. Then after this, they would have to follow tradition as best as they could.

Food Offering’s
For food offerings to happen you must head to the offerings box and make sure the food is wrapped in something or it is in a container so it does not spoil. (ItemRp) Then you would place the food into the box. After this, you must bow twice before completing the offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
A tea ceremony in Shintoism is a very ceremonial way to prepare & drink green tea in a traditional tea room, The main purpose of these events most of the time is for the guests to enjoy the fast-paced atmosphere of Japanese life, and or bring harmony to guests.
How do we start a tea ceremony well here are some simple steps I’d say!
  • Step 1. Well, first to perform a tea ceremony ritual you will have to invite guests so the “Host” will have to send out formal letters to people formally inviting them to the ceremony.
  • Step 2. Then you will have to prepare. And so you will have to make the room spotless and there is a flower arrangement somewhere, whilst the guests are arriving and going through the purification steps to prepare themselves spiritually & physically.
  • Step 3. Once the guests have arrived make sure you bow at them showing not only respect but humanity, and you as the Host will also offer sweets to the arriving guests one by one.
  • Step 4. Then you will have to Purify the tools that you will be using, and so the Host will start to cleanse the Tea ceremony Utensils cleansing them one by one using fuksha.
  • Step. 5 Now after that, you will have to prepare Thick Matcha. So the Host will prepare koicha ( Thick Matcha ) firstly the host will use 2-3 scoops of Matcha tea and water before whisking it with the Chasen till it becomes foamy. It is then servers to the first guest, then the second, and so forth. This will happen till there is no tea left to be served.
  • Step 6. After that, you will have to prepare Thin Matcha also known as usucha about a teaspoon of matcha and one cup of water. It was also served like the Koicha.
  • Step 7. Now after the usucha, the host will start to clean the clean chawn ( tea bowl’ which would be handed to the guests to admire, and then they’d pass it to the others.
  • Step 8. Finally, it was time for the end of the Tea ceremony, the Host would then guide the guests out blowing at each one as they leave. After the Tea ceremony, it's customary for guests to thank their host for hosting such an event!
Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi
A Tamagushi is from a sakaki-branch and is always decorated with Shide strips of washi paper, silk and or Cotten. It is mostly used for events or ceremonies such as weddings, funerals and other ceremonies of Shintoism. It also can be ritually presented to the Kami.

Ofuda
Ofuda, is a slip of paper or card and is tailsman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. They are commonly in Shintoism and Buddhism, and they are considered to have power of the deities or the Kami. They are used to exorcize supernatural beings and create barriers. And it can also be hung on a wall.

Kagura Suzu
Kagura Suza is a bell that is hand-held and is made with 12 bells attached to it, it is made out of various materials. It is mostly used for the Kagura dance.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
N/A

Notes:
n/a​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread