Eli<3#9347
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
EST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
None!
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
As active as I am, I have quite a bit of freetime on my hands. Thus allowing me to be online from 3-12 hours per day. Most of the time I am either getting attributes, roleplaying with others, or finding ways to make yen. Whether it be fishing, selling things, etc.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Maiden
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
The knowledge of Shintoism I have is, for starters, the definition of Shintoism. Shintoism; a religion which originated in Japan, classified as an East Asian religion by scholars of religion, its practitioners often regard it as Japan’s indigenous religion and as a nature religion. The essence of Shintoism is the Japanese devotion to spiritual beings and powers(which are called Kami’s)to shrines, and to various rituals. It’s a very local religion, which devotees are likely to be concerned with their local shrine rather than the religion being a whole. Shinto’s believe a majority of things should be looked at with a positive and bright attitude, so looking at death they believe it is considered dark and negative. Old traditions describe death as a dark, underground realm with a river separating the alive from the dead. The core teaching of Shintoism is teaching human beings they are fundamentally good but can be made to do bad things by said evil spirits, these spirits exist in trees, animals, mountains, rivers, human creations such as cups or musical instruments, and even in people. Within Shinto religion, the spiritual powers are called Kami’s. Shinto’s have 4 affirmations. One, being tradition and family, two being love of nature, three being physical cleanliness, and four being matsuri. Matsuri is a festival in which worship and honor is given to the Kami. I am willing to learn more as well as prepared for any information coming my way.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

For starters, I was previously a maiden on another account although I quit. This was months ago. So I have previous knowledge of what they do and how they do things, although I am amazed at what it has become now. There are many different new things that I am interested in and would like to try out. Secondly, besides being in school I have a lot of time on my hands. As I am not involved in a lot of things outside of SRP. This allows me to have as much time as needed to learn about the new things that have been brought to the shrine.
Lastly, I have a good amount of experience within detailrp, which I know used to be used a lot while being shrine staff. I have been practicing more and more with it as I play.
DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, and I am willing to do so.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Tae Tsutomu
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Russian
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-190-9130
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
The Monastery is a beautiful place. The view is absolutely astonishing. I love to assist people and teach others about my interests, one of my interests being Shintoism. I’d love to spread the knowledge and history of the religion and place itself. I am very passionate about things that I love. So I am determined to help take care of the shrine well.
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The Shinsei Seinaru Monastery building began in the eighth century, June 6th of 744, and it was finished in the winter season of 762. Initially, it was established for Buddhists, later in the 9th century Buddhism and Shintoism were merged. Buddhism continued to rule over Shintoism, but by the 18th century Shintoism had established itself to be the monastery’s primary religion after Buddhism lost interest. One of the monastery’s priests despised the idea that people forgot about the religion. Leading him to set the monastery on fire. All of the gods had departed, but one single god itself. The Yama-no-Kami’s original shrine stood above the rest of the burnt shrines. It’s told that the god was so enraged by the loneliness and the fact that the shrine was just left, that it wreaked chaos on the town.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Monastery lead,

Hello, I hope you are having a lovely day as you read this letter. The Monastery has touched a point to me where I believe this would be a lovely experience to have within becoming a Shinsei Seinaru Maiden, and or Miko once again. Shintoism has always peaked my interest, and has had me study, as well as look up to the Monastery and staff overall. I would like to help pass around the positive, bright attitude to others who visit the monastery, and let them share a connection with a Kami as I do.
I hope you consider this letter, as I would like to give people opportunities that they would’ve never been offered before and leave a positive impact on their lives. I would also love to learn more in the meantime of staying in Karakura. I hope you would like to consider this letter, and I appreciate the time you have taken to read this letter.
Sincerely,
Tae Tsutomu.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Tae Tsutomu was born on October 31st, 1991. She was raised in a small, unpopular town in Russia called Sortavala. As Tae grew up he had focused a lot on school. The only times she wasn’t focused on school was when she was eating dinner as well as visiting her mothers garden. In the garden there was a small shrine handmade by her mother, Yosu. Tae had watched Yosu take care of the shrine and was determined to help make sure it stayed neat. She often showed her friends the shrine and informed them about the god Yosu had worshiped.
Around the age of 20 Tae had moved to Karakura to focus on college. While she was there she came across the Monastery and was amazed. The beautiful view had enticed her. She spent her time in Karakura learning more and more about its history. Hanging around the shrine as well as working on college work. Over the span of 10 years Tae came to the conclusion she wanted to work at the Shrine. Admiring all of the priests and maidens' hard work, she wanted to be involved as well.
SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The duties of a Shinto is to keep an optimistic faith, humans are thought to be fundamentally good, although evil is normally caused by evil spirits. Most purposes of a Shinto is to keep away evil spirits with purification, prayers, and offerings towards the Kami. Then the job of a Priest is to ensure the continuance of a satisfying relationship between the Kami and worshiper through offerings, evocation of the Kami, and mediation of the deity's blessing to the Kami. The Miko's job is an institutionalized role in daily life trained to perform tasks, ranging from sacred cleansing to performing the sacred dance.
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
When arriving at the shrine, it is a rule to cleanse your hands upon entering. Once your hands are cleansed you may proceed to the left and pass the bridge up the stairs to the Torii. Once the Torii is reached it is said you are to bow taking a step to your right, or to your left as you pass by allowing the Kami to pass through by your side.
How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Offerings to the Kami start by placing a 100 yen coin into the offering box(or a fruit), taking a step back reaching up, grabbing the rope to the bell, giving it a gentle ring. Taking a step forward you’d lower yourself into a bow, before softly raising yourself. Bringing your hands up to your chest you’d clap twice. Holding the second clap at the level of your chest. Then you’d say/mumble a short prayer, before bowing once more to finish the offering off.
How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
A tea bowl would be gently placed in front of an individual on a tatami mat. The individual would take their right hand picking it up, placing it into their left palm. Turning it 90 degrees clockwise with their free hand so the front is not facing them. The individual would then raise the tea bowl, take a few sips of the tea before returning to the tatami.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

For starters, a Tamagushi is a type of Shinto offering. This Shinto offering is made up of a sakai-tree branch decorated in shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton. At Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi and other ceremonies at Shinto shrines, tamagushi are ritually presented to the kami by Miko’s or Priests. A ofuda is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. These are commonly found in both Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples. They are also considered to be imbued with the power of the deities or Buddhist figures revered therein. Kugara Suzu is a set of twelve bells used in kagura dance. The set consists of three tiers of bells suspended by coiled brass wires from a central handle.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

None specifically​

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to there being no open slots. Feel free to reapply in the future and don't get discouraged! Visit when the shrine when you can.​

Users who are viewing this thread