Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

Gingyginz

DISCORD NAME & TAG:

Gingyz!,,#1010

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

EST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:

I have no bans and plan on keeping it that way.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

Yes I do! The thing is my mic is very common to cut me out a lot but I'm planning on fixing that!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I’ve recently become very active on the server. I usually get on everyday and play for 3-4 hours. I try my best to get on every time I don’t have anything that I have to do for the day. I am mostly active on my main account which is tvxiclover if you need proof of activity. I mostly get on to do simple role plays or just chill with others but I do try to make sure I'm very active on the server.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

I am currently applying for the position of Maiden.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

If I’m honest I don’t know much behind Shintoism except for the Kamis, Religion, and the things that they do to express the Religion. I have been looking more into everything about Shintoism and I am currently trying to learn more while writing this application. I actually do find much interest in Kamis and want to learn much more. I do hope that while finishing this application that I learn so much more. If I am to be accepted, yes I am prepared and willing to learn more because I really do find interest in things when it comes to shrines and its religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I feel as if I stand out from others because of how I can act and be able to still stand to what needs to be done. I can be a decently serious person and still be able to get along with another person’s personality. I am also very hyped over things easily so when I’m overhyped I become very caring of something that I need to do. I’ve also been in different factions before and I’ve been very good at understanding what I have to do in each.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

Yes, I do acknowledge this. If I would not be able to attend training I’ll give a warning before-hand.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Yong Soo-Hyunn

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Ms.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

Korean

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

030-064-0956

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

“Shrine has become very dear to me since it is a place I reach to when I need a break. I tend to try to visit the shrine decently to see how the shrine team works. Seeing how they work has sparked something inside of me. Due to this sparking I gained lots of interest into the Shrine team. I find families who visit the shrine much more than I do and they seem to love it so much! I also have much experience working at shrines and taking care of shrines. “

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

“As I am still studying the history behind the Monastery I have little to share but I hope it fits well enough. While doing research I had found that the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was constructed in 1617 after its counterpart; the Kisune Monastery was burnt down in 1590 and its older version the Akatera Monastery also burnt down in 1176. After this I had not researched much more but this is what peaked the most interest in me.”

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
“Dear Monastery Lead,

I’m reaching out to you today due to me wanting to share my interest in the shrine workplace. I am hoping that you will find interest in me being a part of the shrine team and give me a chance at being so. I’ve grown to visit the shrine decently and I have learned more things due to my visits. I hope to give you a good experience.

I know I’ve not said much but I do hope you see where I am coming and give me a chance. I will put my full heart into this team and give it my best shot.

I want to also put my past life behind and start new. This will help me commit to this cause and I really do hope you gain a chance to read my letter and understand where I am coming from. I have done countless hours of research and will most likely continue once I get on the team, if I do get on the team of course. I’d love to become friends with other shrine members as well, and I’m sure I can learn a lot from them which I would love to do. I apologize for anything that doesn’t fit into my letter.

Thank you for taking time to read my letter.
Sincerely, Yong Soo-Hyunn.”

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Yong Soo-Hyunn born on December 23rd, 1994 in Seoul, South Korea. She was born into a poor family which due to this she wasn’t able to gain much in life. Her mother always forced her to go to their hometown shrines so they could present their futures to themselves. Her mother always hoped for the best for the family. During time passing Yong’s mother had become a Maiden at their shrine. This caused Yong to visit the shrine more to see her mother. After some time Yong started to learn all of the information about the shrine her mother worked at. She then started to ask her mother if she could help around the shrine and for a decent amount of time Yong was allowed to help. After some time Yong grew older and was allowed to work as the shrine staff team. She was working everyday to help keep the shrine clean and safe for everyone. Yong was a very hard worker when it came to the shrine she had worked at. She decided that she was going to move on from her shrine work to study in college so she could learn more history about a town she was moving into. When she turned 20 she moved into Karakura. She knew most of the history when she had moved but she still wanted to know more. She took time out of her day to go to the shrine everyday and would try to learn more of the rules of the shrine and the history behind it. After some time she started to love the shrine in Karakura and was visiting it quite decently. She had also brought her mother and brother into the shrine quite decently hoping she can make them get more into the usage of the shrine. She has now been hoping to find a better path way into the shrine work.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Maidens and Priests both have very similar tasks or tasks that both lead in the same path. Most people believe that there are no differences between the two but there are many when you look closely at their duties.

Priests are known for performing rituals, passing the history of the shrine to visitors, performing ceremonies for the public, and ensuring the continuance of a satisfactory relationship between the kami.

Maidens some times do the tea ceremony, answer visitor questions, participate in traditional Shinto rituals like weddings, funerals, festivals, sacred cleansing, and performing the sacred Kagura dance, cleaning the shrine grounds

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

You first begin by washing your face and hands. You usually do this by using a ladle to go from the left hand and then cleaning your right hand. You then proceed to drink from the ladle after doing so you will be allowed into the shrine. Once entering the shrine you will bow to pay respect to any priest or maiden and just respect to the whole complete shrine.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

First you are supposed to place your offerings into the box but this is if it is coins, if you are going to place a bigger object or just any other object you need to place it next to the box. Then after giving your offering you are supposed to swing the bell that is near the area. After doing so you then proceed to bow twice to show off respect then you clap twice after bowing. You then proceed to bow one last time.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

First you will greet the guest by bowing to pay them respect then you will proceed to ask them if they would enjoy some tea with you. If they are to say yes you bring them to the tea room and ask them to sit. Then place the teapot down facing yourself. After making the teapot face yourself you then move onto picking the teapot backup using your right hand. You then place the teapot on your left palm once done so you will pour the tea for the quests and after taking a sip you return the teapot. After you are finished you clean up the area and then bow to your guests this allows them to know that the ceremony is finished.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

A Tamagushi is considered to be an offering made out of a Sakaki tree branch. They are decorated with Washi Paper, Silk, and other various materials. They are usually offered to Kami by priests and maidens. They are also mainly present at most types of ceremonies that involve shrines. Tamagushi are also used to pay formal homage during visits.

An Ofuda is a talisman that can possibly be made out of paper, wood, or cloth. These are known for having a shared power with a kami. They are also known for bringing protection to a person against misfortune. They are usually put in household altars. They are usually used for the protection inside of the shrine.

A Kagura Suzu is an object with multiple rows of bells attached to it. These are usually found hanging in front of shinto shrines; they are also responsible for composing instrumental songs and other musical events at the shrine. The bells are often grouped in bundles for ceremonies. They are mainly a ritual tool which aren't used to worship, they are mostly used for ceremonies and such.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Yong has much love for Tenjin, as she finds a home when she had gone into research about him. She was reminded of how her mother followed through life because of Tenjin.

───────────────────────────────────────​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a maiden, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread