Bunnyblis#6140
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
MST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have not been previously banned
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes I do have a Microphone.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I’d say I’m fairly active, I play from maybe 4- 6 hours a day, typically I don’t have trouble with activity as I usually play the server quite frequently. Reason I’m so active is because I don’t want to miss anything that happens on it.
WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Currently I am applying for the role of Shrine maiden.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Currently, I have no prior knowledge of Shintoism, I remember having talked to a Shrine maiden long ago asking them how it all worked and we had a long conversation in which They explained alot to me. However this was long ago and the memory of our conversation had faded.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
Funny enough I really don’t believe I stand out among other people, But if I had to give a reason as to why I stand out, I’d say it would be my desire to learn more and consume knowledge along with my willingness to work with others. I really get along with most people and tend to have a fun time while interacting with most people so long as they’re not mean. I really am looking forward to playing as a Shrine maiden (in the event I get accepted.) If anything I really want to expand my knowledge about different types of Religions. This might make it easier for me due to the place of learning is a server I enjoy playing on.
DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes I do acknowledge and understand I will have to attend training! In Fact I am looking forward to learning more about the religion itself and seeing how it was incorporated into the server.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Harlow Elrod

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80): Age 22

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Unmarried
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Afro american-Japanese
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-628-3130
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My motivation for applying to work at the shrine…? Well there sure are alot of reasons… But I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be bothered with every little reason, so I’ll tell you the main one. My motivation for applying is because I wish to learn more about karakura, I wish to learn lots about it and I feel learning about the religion that intertwined itself with karakura will most definitely allow me to learn more about karakura, As well as I feel If I’m accepted I can use the knowledge I gain and put it to use.I feel everyone who works at the shrine are very nice and I like the shrine because it’s such a peaceful place, and having that as a work space would definitely make everything so much easier. I am also incredibly fascinated by Shintoism and how everyone interacts with the shrine and how the Religion itself seemingly cultivated Karakura. I truly feel that working at the Shrine is something that I will enjoy and I wish to learn more about it as a whole.
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I don’t know too much about the shrine, just what I remember from the conversation I had with a certain shrine maiden. Just when the shrine was constructed and finished, or when construction started. 744 BC, when it’s creation started and finished it’s creation in the year of 762
WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery lead,
I hope this letter finds you in prosperity! As well as I’m happy you took the time to open my letter. I’m really excited to tell you that I really love everything that you’ve done with the shrine and how well it’s made things for me thus far. I really hope that with time I could help someone as this shrine has helped me. Though I don’t know much about Shintoism currently, I just know that many people had been helped such as I. In the event I get accepted, I look forward to working with you!
-Sincerely
Harlow Elrod

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Harlow Elrod grew up in Detroit, America alongside her many siblings. She was born into a very loving family. Their home was small, but the size of their hearts compensated for the size of their home. They cared for her and her many siblings, each sibling more different than the last. They all seemingly had Nothing but their last name in common. Though all the warm heartfelt times fell under into more sour painful ones. It all started when her and her older brother had gone off to play in the fields located behind their home. She and him were playing with Sticks pretending they were swords swinging them around haphazardly just narrowly avoiding hitting each other, Harlow smacked Her brother’s Stick out of his hand and they both watched as it landed in a tall shrubby bush. Her brother instantly walked over and stuck his hand in the bush rummaging around in it his hands met with the tail of a snake, he pulled the snake out of the bush. They both watched for but a moment idle before the snake flipped around sinking it’s fangs into the major artery in his arm, Delivering a dose of venom directly into his bloodstream. She watched as her brother screamed and panic filled his eyes! Unable to do anything she simply began to panic and hyperventilate.. She looked around frantically before she ran off to go and get, she came back with her Father and upon returning they noticed that there was no body to be found. Nothing, just a trail of blood that led nowhere… Harlow’s family began to blame and shun her for the disappearance of her brother. Speaking specifically about how she left and how it all was her fault. She felt trapped, like there was nothing she could do she wanted a way out but didn’t know how to get it. Harlow came up with the idea to run away.. And fly somewhere far far away. She packed her bags, she wrapped a shirt around her head and beat up a few ATMS in order to get money Unfortunately it didn’t work all to well so she ended up asking for help from stranges, she was lucky enough to run into someone named Che. Che was around the same age as her. But he oddly had enough money for three flights. So she reluctantly accepted and they decided to get to know each other on the flight, deciding that they would be spending lots of time together in the future. Upon landing they realized that they had ended up in Karakura. Harlow spent most of her time in the shrine in the mountains calming her thoughts laying under the giant Sakura tree. The Sakura tree itself made her feel safe during the time she spent under it, alot of the time she even fell asleep under it.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?
:
A Shino Priest's job is to teach visitors about the religion Shintoism and be kind to all that arrive. While Maidens assist with shrine functions and a maiden’s job is to help with around the shrine and perform Sacred dances
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?: You must wash your hands feet face and bow before the shrine maidens and priests respectfully.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
You must present your offering to the shrine maidens and priest upon stepping on the property. Then you will place your offering upon the table and make sure that they know it’s an offering. Basically telling them it’s your offering.
How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
You perform it by placing a Teabowl on the Tatami mat in front of you, with the front of it facing you. You then pick it up with your right hand and place it on your left palm and with your right hand turn it clockwise by 90 degrees so that its not facing you anymore. You then take a few sips of the tea and then place it back on the tatami mat.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A Tamagushi is used during a Matsuri for a formal homage during official of Shinto rituals. A Ofuda is used for the cleansing of someone’s soul, they are also used in exorcism.
A Kagura Suzu is a set of 12 bells used in a sacred dance called the Kagura dance the bells are in Coiled brass wires and are mostly used in Shinto dances.
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app at this time due to a lack of detail and improper formatting. Remember to bold ALL questions, and preferably use center alignment. Feel free to reapply in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread