IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

Loboken

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Rexypoo#3334

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
EST

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
I have 2 previous bans.
My first ban was for ERP back in 2018. This was due to my being immature and gullible with a group of my friends. After getting banned, I logged onto another account and tried to join back, and was banned for bypassing.
My second ban was for Bypassing. This was on February 27, 2022. This was due to me logging onto the banned account I previously used. I had tried logging onto said account to purchase an animal whitelist but got banned. I appealed the ban and was unbanned on March 16, 2022.
I have learned from my mistakes and have worked hard to keep my record clean ever since.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes I do!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I would describe myself as a very active member of the community. From the time I joined the server in early 2022, I have been active on the server, meeting more and more people and making more development between characters, making in-depth lore for my characters, and helping friends with their character backstories if they ever need it. My hours of play increased as school came to an end, and during the summer, I was on for hours at a time, spending my days playing SRP with my friends. However, with school coming back, my activity dropped a bit, but I still log on really often, and with my schedule, I have Friday-Sunday off, so I will be more active during those days.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I would say I have a fair amount of knowledge of Shintoism, though I can always learn more. I know about the rituals, kami, prayers, and offerings, as well as other little facts about the religion from roleplay. I took a strong interest in Shintoism after interacting with numerous shrine staff ICly, and I frequently converse with a handful of them. I took a lot of interest when I was first introduced to the religion and kept coming back to learn more. I have roleplayed enough at the shrine to want to apply to the faction and I have even gone out of my way to research the religion on my own to be a good fit for the position. I am fully prepared to learn more about Shintoism.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
My commitment to learning more about Shintoism sets me apart from other candidates for this position. I genuinely want to learn more about the religion, so I've done much research on this subject. This is one of the things I put a lot of effort into because I have taken a huge interest in it. Most of my characters have either converted to Shintoism following their trips to the shrine or have already been made to believe in the religion. I also want a change of pace and a different experience by having a very spiritual and religious character, who wants to share the love of their religion. I know shintoism is a big component to Japanese culture, which I have come to love. Additionally, I am aware of how much work the DetailRP shrine crew does, and I enjoy it. I know the history of the shrine in-depth, including who built it, how the monastery was destroyed, and its previous names for the shrines. I will be a great addition to the faction and be an active member of the shrine.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I acknowledge the fact I will have to attend mandatory meetings.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Hestia Taiyō

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Greek-Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-546-3348

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My motivation for working at the Shinsei Seinaru is to spread my knowledge of Shintoism, as well as learn more. I have been devoted to the religion for my whole life and had a strong feeling towards it. I grew up basically living at the Sumiyoshi-Taisha Shrine, where I practiced Shintoism. I prayed every day to the Sumiyoshi sanjin gods which were worshipped at this shrine. This trio are the gods of the sea and sailing. I knew of other kami, but only prayed to these three. I want to guide others to find the light I did from my faith. I have my own experiences and views on shintoism, and I want to learn from others. Different interpretations will allow me to gain more knowledge and let me fall in love with the religion all over again. I will be able to offer my desire to help others learn more, just as I have,

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The Shinsei Seinary Monastery was first built as a Buddhist temple in the year 744 and saw two significant fires. The first in 1176 and the second somewhere around the year 1587. The first fire was started as payback by the Buddhist monks of the Akatera Monastery, the shrine's then-current name. It was rebuilt in 1228 and given the name Kisume Monastery before being burned down once more after the people of Karakura rioted against the reigning warlord. The Shinsei Seinaru Monastery still bears the scars of its tragic past after being renovated and given a new name in 1617.

The monastery was constructed high in the highlands because it was more isolated and closer to the heart of the kami of Karakura. The kami that remains at the shrine after the calamities of the monastery led the mountain kami, Chiharu Yamatsui to be the last one that remains.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Lead,

My name is Hestia Taiyō. I hope this letter finds you well. I am a devout follower of Shintoism. I am originally from Athens, Greece, but moved to Japan when I was very young. Ever since I remember, I practiced Shintoism with my father. As I grew up, my love for Shintoism has only grown. I volunteered at the Sumiyoshi-Taisha Shrine in Osaka throughout my life and interned during my highschool and college years. Following my graduation, I worked at that monastery for a year before taking my leave to learn more about my beloved religion.

I have visited many Shinto shrines during my adventures around Japan, but I have not stumbled upon any that had a stronger sense of unity or devotion to their kami. For that, I wish to thank you. I have seen a decline in belief as I learned more about shintoism, but in Karakura its decline isn’t visible. I have run into people from all over the world come here and choose to believe in shintoism, and that is all through you and your staff’s efforts. I wish to join you on your mission to spread the love and belief of our religion and give the people of Karakura knowledge of our religion.

If given the opportunity, I will devote myself to the shrine and remain a member for the long term. I guarantee I will leave an impact on our guests and the town. Thank you for reading this letter. I hope you consider me.

Sincerely,
Hestia Taiyō

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Hestia Taiyō was born in Athens, Greece on June 24th, 1999. She was the only child of a hardworking family. Her father, Oshima Taiyō, was a representative of a global company, and her mother, Rena Taiyō, was a stay-at-home mom. One day, her father was offered a pay raise if he moved to Japan. After discussing it with his wife, the family moved to Osaka, Japan. This was where Hestia’s father introduced his family to the religion he grew up following, Shintoism.

Hestia grew up learning about the religion, practicing within the Sumiyoshi-Taisha Shrine in Osaka. There, she learned about the history of Shintoism and prayed to the Sumiyoshi sanjin kami, the gods of the sea and sailing. She often spent her days when she was not in school at the monastery, making offerings and prayers to the esteemed kami.

When she started highschool, she also began interning at the shrine, assisting the mikos and priests of the shrine. She did smaller tasks such as making tea for guests, cleaning the grounds, tending to the gardens, or caring for the animals that called the monastery home. Hestia loved completing the simple tasks and felt accomplished by helping the community that helped raise her to be the person she was.

After her graduation, she remained in Osaka, where she attended Osaka University. In college, she majored in psychology, and minored in religious studies to learn more about Shintoism. Even as she pursued her degree, she knew that working at the shrine was her dream. Outside of her classes, she continued to intern at the Sumiyoshi-Taisha shrine. She had grown close to all of its members, and upon her graduation, she received a position as a Miko at said monastery. She worked for a year before leaving the monastery to adventure the rest of the country.

During her trip, she visited numerous shrines, learning more about other Kami and shrine history. She met a woman who seemed to volunteer at multiple shrines she visited. This familiar face was comforting to Hestia whenever they ran into one another. The two sadly didn’t see one another for a few months, until the young lady made it to the small island of Karakura. During her visit to the monastery, she ran into her old friend, Hanae Tominaga. After their reunion, Hanae taught Hestia about the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery and its kami, Chiharu-Yamatsumi. She fell in love with the shrine, and knew that she would be able to work alongside her friend and the other shrine staff who she worked with.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Both Shinto Priests and Maidens have the task of taking care of the shrine grounds, giving tours to visitors, and teaching them about Shintoism if they wish. However, they also have tasks that are individual to their position. Priests are often seen performing rituals to the kami due to their closer relationship to the kami, which maidens often sell trinkets at the shop within the shrine or perform for the guests with their ritual dances or by playing their instruments.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
To cleanse yourself, you first approach the purification trough, then take one of the ladles set inside and fill it with spring water. You then pour the spring water over your hands to cleanse them, then you fill your hands with the spring water and sip it to purify your mouth. To do this, you pour the water from the ladle into your hands as not to contaminate the rest of the water. You do not swallow the water, but instead, spit it out under the basin, then put the ladle back in the trough.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Offerings to the Kami are sacred and have specific steps to follow. First is to cleanse yourself before entering the shrine grounds. Then, you bow to the torii gate on your way to make your offering. You cannot walk in the center of the path, as it is meant for the Kami. Once you make it to the offering hall, you set down your offering, which could be yen, food, sake, or other items. After placing down your offering, you shake the rope at the entrance of the building to alert the kami of your prayer. You then face the shrine and take two deep bows, followed by you standing straight up and moving your hands up to your chest, then clapping them. After, you make your prayer either silently or aloud, then take one deep bow, which ends the offering.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
To perform the tea ceremony, you first have to offer the guests tea. If they accept, you take them to the tea house, ensuring they remove their shoes and set them aside. You then bow to them before making the tea. You return to the guest after making the tea and set down the bowl of tea in front of them with the bowl facing you. To pour the tea, the bowl should be in your left hand and turned away from you. The guest then drinks the tea until they are satisfied and bow to you as thanks. After the ceremony, you wash the utensils and return the bowl back to where it belongs and teach about the shrine and Shintoism afterward.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
The Tamagushi is a tool made of a branch from a Sakaki tree that is decorated with strips of washi paper or silk. These are offerings that are used for weddings, funerals, and the Kami. It is a sign of goodwill and can be offered by both Shinto Priests and Maidens,

The Ofuda is a talisman that holds the power of the Kami. They are hung in homes or be carried around to bring good luck. They are mostly used to decorate home shrines, as well as bring safety from evil to those who have them. Ofuda’s are made from sheets of paper, cloth, or wood.

The Kagura Suzu is an instrument that is used to perform the Kagura dance. This instrument has twelve bells, and can only be played by a Miko. The Kagura dance is done to appease the Kami watching in order to gain favor and luck.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

The other kami Hestia worships would be Sokotsutsu no O no Mikoto, Nakatsutsu no O no Mikoto, and Uwatsutsu no O no Mikoto, the Sumiyoshi sanjin gods that were worshipped in the Sumiyoshi-Taisha shrine. The three are described as the gods of the sea and sailing. Due to her growing up practicing her prayers in this shrine, she naturally followed these three.​

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a maiden, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread