Accepted Maiden Application

SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
Soho

DISCORD NAME & TAG: Soho#3096

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?: CDT

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS: none at the moment, and I plan to keep it at zero.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?: Yes I do, and it works as far as I know perfectly.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER: I am quite active, but during week days I am at school from 7:50-3:40. I ride a bus home from my school and walk the rest of the way, my bus can be very late to pick up from the school so I may not be home exactly 3:40. At the latest I will be home at is 4:00.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?: Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?: I don't know very much, but than what I do know is there is spirits called "Kami" and there the expectation to wash your hands and mouth before entering to purify yourself. "Lastly a Miko" typically refers to a young female Maiden.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS? I have already done a bit of research in my free time and I still am when I have the time. I enjoy learning new things and I am quite a fast learner. I also like to take the initiative and do things before I've been asked and when I see something that needs to be done I feel the need to do it so it doesn't inconvenience others. I enjoy seeing others be happy and have no problem doing things for others.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?: Yes, I am ready and I will make time for them if I needed.
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
Mitzi Armani (A.) Durchdenwald

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80): 18

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: "unmarried and single"

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY: "I'm from Germany and I moved to Karakura just before I started high school"

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER: (+81) 030-520-0244

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?: "I'm not sure what I want for my life and what morals I should have, and I positive that becoming a shrine maiden is something that will help fill that hole in my life and give my life a better and fulfilling purpose. I also enjoy visiting the Monastery to offer gifts to the Kami and use the bathing area when I feel stressed."

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY: "The Shinsei Seiaru Monastery was burned down 3 separate times in history. One of the areas that still remains from those burnings is now called the burned area, it is believed to be the area closest to the Kami. When going to the Shinsei Seiaru Monastery before you enter you are expected to wash your hands and mouth before entering to purify yourself. After you have purified yourself you continue up the trail into the main area, once there you can go up the trail in the middle to get to the offering box. If you want to get to the male and female bathing rooms you go back to the trail you first came up from and up the stairs that continue up the mountain."

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery lead,

Hello, I’ve heard that there are some open places for the shrine maiden employment, and I would like to apply for one of those positions. I’ve already done a bit of research into the religion and the customs that are standardly known at the monastery, as well as many different things that will aid me in the position and in how skillfully I conduct my myself at work. I would be happy to learn more and would really appreciate the opportunity to work for you. I hope that you will consider my application as I am quite interested and ready to learn whatever you have to teach.

With Respect,
Eleazar A. Blackmore

BACKSTORY (100+ Words): Eleazar was born and spent the early days of her life in Triberg im Schwarzwald, Germany. She grew up a single child and didn't have many friends. She didn’t do much other than school work or play by herself, while in school she excelled at math and history in her studies. As she grew older she started to feel like there was something missing from her life. About when Eleazar was going to start high school she decided to move to karakura, as she felt that she was missing something in her life, like something that was supposed to be there wasn’t. After she moved to Karakura, the hole in her slowly started to fill and she felt somewhat complete.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
Some may think that Shinto Priest and Shinto Maidens have mostly the same duties, but that's not exactly correct . A Shinto Priests main duties are to ensure the continuance of a satisfactory relationship between the kami and aid followers with their offerings, evocation of the kami, and mediation of the deity’s blessing to the follower. A Shinto Maidens duties involve preforming Kagura dances, conduct exorcisms, and practice divinations.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?: When you arrive at the monastery bow before going through the torii you use one of the wooden ladle's to wash and purify your hands and then you sip from the ladle to purify your mouth, then you bow again once. After the purification before you enter the shrine you bow twice before entering into the main shrine area.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?: A Shinto Priest will first purify themselves and then take a food( rice, rice cake, sake, salt, or water) and the offering will be placed on the offering table and the priest will Inform the kami that a offering has been made. After the offering the Priest will speak to the person that made the offer and inform them the offer has been made

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?: place the tea bowl on the tatami mat in front of you with the front of the bowl facing you, pick it up with your righthand and place it on your left palm. with your right hand turn the bowl about 90 degrees clockwise so the front is no longer facing you, drink the tea in a few sips and place it back on the tatami mat.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
Tamagushi: a tamagushi is a type of gift that is offered at the occasion of praying.
Ofuda: an Ofuda is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal.
Kagura Suzu: The Kagura Suzu is a dance to entertain the kami, you would normally hold a instrument that has bells on it while you dance.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?: Benten/Benzaiten​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking your time to apply. As a team we've come to the decision to accept your application. Congratulations on becoming a maiden, if you aren't already, please join the Karakura Town discord and request your roles.

https://discord.gg/E7c2v36bDp

Users who are viewing this thread