players online

Accepted manipedi's Janitor Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laur

Level 39
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
manipedi (alternative account of groogarm which is my main account.)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, my discord is laur#2318

Have you ever been banned (If yes when and why?):
No, I have never been banned.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am frequently active on SRP, about 5-8 hours on weekdays, and most likely 7-8 on weekends. Most weekdays, I will be working on my schoolwork, so depending on how much work I have to do, I will most likely not be on from 10 AM - 7 PM CST. You will usually find me in my apartment at home or spawn talking to others and interacting with people. While on the forums, I am not very active unless I need something on it, although I can be more active if needed.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I understand that I may be fired due to lack of hours put in the job, slacking whilst on the job, not taking my janitor role as seriously as I should, and even more. I can guarantee that I will not argue or try to reason why I shouldn't be fired, and instead learn from the experience for the future, or in case that I decide to re-apply for the Janitor role again, or another school employee role.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I am applying for the Janitor role.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

Being a janitor requires you to understand how to detail roleplay and cleaning up the school while doing so. Janitors will take care of the leftover food in the cafeteria left on the table, trash, or any junk left in classrooms and the hallways, and sweep or mop the floors of the hallways.

These are just a few examples of what janitors are capable of doing on the job. The janitors in the school will ensure that the school is a safe and clean environment for students to learn and walk around in. They will also guarantee that the school is neat and tidy, as well as cleaning up for others if they do not throw away their belongings, or in the correct area.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
As a member of a sports team, I am usually required to roleplay quite often, as well as being in quite a few families on my account that is in a sports team. I also have experience in being a waitress or an employee at a player-owned shop, and as well as being a police officer in the KPD. I also understand how to detail roleplay, as well as roleplay as a dog. Roleplaying as a dog is not beneficial to the janitor role, although it does show that I have not only roleplayed as a student.

I understand that you should not use emoticons in chat and you should use correct grammar as well as making your roleplay interesting and not bland by including a few short detailed actions along with interesting conversations between the player you are talking to. You must also play out your character's personality, not mixing it with any other characters you may have.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/birthdayparties-police-application.30094/ - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.28639/ - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-language-application.33035/#post-104380 - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/babwys-college-application.28694/ - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.28722/ - Denied (Denied for lack of detail, which I understand why.)

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Firstly, I would kindly and calmly inform them to stop cursing, since Karakura High does not allow curse words of any sort. If they do not comply with me after doing so, I will inform another school employee that may take them to detention, such as a teacher or professor, with the power to do so. If there are no other school employees, but the principal or dean is currently active, I will inform them instead of a teacher or professor about the situation.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
I will yell at them to stop fighting immediately, as well as requesting another school employee to assist my character in getting the two students off of each other by harshly but not harmfully dragging one of the students away from the other. I would then ask what happened to see if there's any more to the story and why they are fighting. I will then send them both to detention where another school employee can monitor them in detention.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how do your character react?:

If another school employee were doing a dangerous job assigned to them, I would offer any assistance that they may need while doing the job. If they do not, I will watch over them in case any problems or mistakes come up. If they are acting out of order, I will get evidence of them doing so before approaching them quickly as well as calmly and ask them why and what they are doing. If they continue to act out of order, I will send the evidence to an SLT and inform them about the situation.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
My character will act kind-hearted and be a very talkative person in the break room. He is always willing to help others while off the job and make sure that they are having a fantastic day. He will also clean the breakroom very often, as he has a passion for cleaning and finds it calming to do. If he feels that others are awkward or tense in the break room, he'll attempt to make them laugh using his dad jokes. While coming upon serious situations, my character will be mature and serious, always open to hearing others' input on the situation.

Provide us with at least 3 detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me would grip the handle of the bright blue mop with a grey dusty top, then set a faded red bucket filled with water halfway onto the floor, grabbing a bottle of clear liquid soap, squirting it into the bucket, and dip his mop into the bucket, sloshing the soap and water around, would then lift the soaking soapy mop from the bucket, and set the top of the mop on the ground, dragging the wet mop-top across the shiny wooden floor.

/me would slide clear white latex gloves onto his hands, leaning down to the wooden floor to pick up a spilled milk carton on the floor, pinching the top of the carton with his index finger and his thumb, carefully lifting it and dropping it into the trash, ripping a piece of toilet paper and grabbing out a spray bottle filled with water, he would spray the milk with water, then wipe it up with the toilet paper, continuing to stroll around the hallway.

/me would grab a clear spray bottle filled with ocean blue liquid, spraying a light mist across the filthy wooden table, would then set the bottle down onto the nearby cafeteria bench, grabbing a soft yellow cloth and wiping down the table in a circular motion, bringing all the crumbs from the table to the edge of the table, lifting a trash can to sit at the edge of the table, wiping the crumbs and garbage into the nearby trash can.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name:
Clyde Chizuru.
Age (Minimum age is 25): 58 years old.
Title (Mr,Mrs,Miss): Mr.

Academic Degree: Associate
Year of Graduation: 1980
Major(s): Business
Minors: Accounting

Backstory
Born into a poor family in a small town in California, Clyde Chizuru had to provide almost everything for his younger siblings. His family could not afford a maid to do the chores around the house, so Clyde had to help around since he was around 4 years old. He was taught by his father how to cook and clean. Clyde, wanting to do the best he could for his family, tried his hardest to help. Clyde's mother became severely ill when he was 6. She laid on her bed as Clyde came to her every night and kneeled beside her, praying that she would stay alive.

They couldn't afford any healthcare, so they had to use whatever they could find. He and his family would bring her their food to make her stronger and make sure she was hydrated at all times. Clyde would help her get dressed and bathe her. Shortly after his mother became sick, his father seemed to be getting further and further emotionally with Clyde. His father would always seem disappointed in Clyde as if he had never done anything correctly. They didn't want Clyde to get sick as well, so they would always send him away. Clyde had to hear their coughing and vomiting from the other room, heartbroken that he couldn't do anything to help them.

Clyde would spend day and night studying and watching videos about how to organize, clean, and cook properly in order to help his family. Though his father would always sit by his mother's bedside, Clyde often tried hard to impress his father, cleaning almost the entire house and preparing meals for the whole family. Clyde's father was rarely impressed with Clyde's abilities to cook and clean and had always doubted his ability that he would have a real job in the future. Soonly after his mother passed away, his father became extremely ill, passing away two days after he was diagnosed.

After mourning over his parents' death, he decided that he wanted to live his life honoring his deceased parents. Since his career as a full-time chef failed terribly, he was determined to get a job doing the thing he loved most and was extremely good at. He decided that he wanted to pursue his dream and go to college to get a major in business, and a minor in accounting, just in case his janitorial career failed like his plan to become a chef.

Once he got accepted as a janitor at a local high school, he wanted to make the environment less gloomy and more cheerful, cleaning surfaces and making students happy as best as he could. He would often chat with his other co-workers, always considering them before himself, making sure he wouldn't disappoint them or anyone else. Clyde would frequently try to impress his boss while on the job, though he realized everyone didn't see him the way his parents did. Everyone was fond of Clyde and the work he had done, and he was proud of himself and felt like he had actually accomplished something in his life.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I have always enjoyed cleaning and helping around the community, I have been told that I have some very beneficial qualities to this job as well as qualities while off-duty. I'm a very hard worker and will be motivated by doing what I love, and I'm honest and very kind-hearted towards others. I also believe that I need to honor my parents in a way, proving to them that I can get a real job and provide for my future family and myself.

I would also just desire some job experience in order to get another job in the future or to help my kids and guide them down the right path once they grow up, making sure they do not make the same mistake I did when I was younger. This will also help me get part-time jobs on the weekends, or while school is not in session.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
Over other applicants, I believe that I have a lot to offer while working as a janitor in the KHS. Although I wouldn't say that I'm better than them, but I believe that I have a lot of potential in being a great janitor at this school. I have worked hard to get here and I believe I am qualified to deal with the students here at this high school.

I'm also very calm and mature when it comes to any arguments and will always try to listen to both sides of the argument, making sure both people do not see myself as biased. In addition to that, I'm also very patient with others, this will benefit the team due to having to deal with immature students whilst on the job.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
If my character is unable to be 58 years old, I will gladly change it to fit the team's liking.

Do you have any questions?:

I'm only unsure how to do activity logs upon doing the job, although I'm sure I'll learn how if I am accepted.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
ACCEPTED!

Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Janitor, there's just a few steps left in order to get your role in discord and in-game.

- DM me via discord: @KimiNoUso#9999 to get your roles and permissions setup in-game.

NOTES:
-
I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your application and I look forward to seeing what you will do with this role.
- To answer your questions:
Information documents and messages will be available to you once you have access to the Academic channels, feel free to contact me via DMs if anything confuses you. & Yes, your character can be 58.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread