mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Map Extension.

What's your Minecraft Username?: GlazeTM
What's the title of your suggestion?: Map Extension.

What's your suggestion?:
Extending the map would be a great idea.
Involving new home projects and more. But first let's take a look at the map right now.

This is the map right now. But we can make a few changes.

As you can see this would makes area for around 1/3x of karakura right now.

If you're worrying about the power plant. I got just the thing for you.
You see the perfect thing to do is make this tunnel by the powerplant accessible. This means it will be easy to get to this part of the city. as well you could remove the mountains by the pier and by down town. all the way until the hospital.

I know people are going to be saying "why" and staff are instantly going to say "NO" but if you think the map should be extended please tell this to others and comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The server world is already big, but there's always room for more adventures. We can expand the game in different ways to give players new experiences, by adding new types of places to explore, like New places, Shops , And more homes for more players! This new area would have its own challenges and things to discover.

There should also be a lot of new places to discover underground here. And make it so there's more room for activity underground. Like a totally different world.

Encouraging development in the rp world means we must at some point, Extend the map. as there will eventually not be enough room for the players and growing player base.

Making landmarks may make the server grow and lead to more people staying on the server to find out about the huge amount of new things in the area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This also Is followed by me saying school rp NEEDS an update.
Like these posts below

https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-update.69943/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/school-employee-improvements.69840/

I KNOW this is a small suggestion but it could lead to a big change in the server.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Make more homes and areas for players to explore and live in.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Someday the server will require a map expansion as the playerbase continues to grow, however that time has yet to come. Though kudos to you because this suggestion is quite brilliant in itself :)

The build team is actively working hard to update our current map for multiple purposes being creating more room where room was taken up, updating the aesthetics to match our current ideal build style, and adding more features to SchoolRP.

If in the event we require a map expansion, I’m sure an idea like this would likely be considered. I really see no flaws in it

NikaEnvy

Level 5
I love this idea and while I understand that maybe it doesn't seem necessary right now, it would be a great thing to have, even with the current amount of players. This would provide more houses, maybe some more in a suburban style for people to enjoy and live in. It would also create room for more activities for the player base to enjoy and remove any issues of people claiming they're bored of the same routine that's provided.

Melotism

Level 13
Melotism
Melotism
Omega+
No Comment; I get your idea, you want a map extension. However, the building team is currently already busy working on improving the current map to the community's liking. As for now, they have updated the dorms, the vehicles (Garage, Pump Station), the Business Park and the Convention Centre. They are working on a better plaza and other stuff for now to my knowledge. The building team has a lot of projects they are working on and adding a big update like this would cost a lot of free time for these players. Remember that everyone in the staff team is not a bot, and has actual lives (School, Jobs, Friends, Families, Events) that they want to live. This means they also want to spend part of their free time doing things in their private life, such as hanging out with friends, going to birthday parties or going to the Fazbear Mega Pizzaplex. The building team also added extra homes and housing opportunities with the new Student Dorms.

Although all of what I said before, a map update would be new and refreshing, with new possible easter eggs to explore. Besides, The Karakura Geography is pretty empty, allowing for an extension of the city into the sea. However, I think this project would also need to be ICly promoted and "worked on" (Placing barriers, slowly removing the mountains or having random dynamite explosions, etc.)

Overall, I have no real idea of how I should rate this, so I will be going with a 0 (No Comment)

mactatti

Level 13
IMG_0533.jpegTo add onto this suggestion I think you all should also add a cluttered up neighborhood over here such as the pictures
aaaa
aabelow as thats what some auctal Japanese homes look like, and I think it would fit perfectly there like we could start out with the normal estates but the deeper you go into the neighborhood the more poverty/ aka low cost homes it gets. Here are some of the pictures below.
IMG_0536.jpegIMG_0537.jpegi
I think some of theses houses would look great in Karakura as Evan though they’re quite small compared to the Easter we have now I think we should have theses as it would make karakura’s neighborhoods quite different and unique. We could also add new confidence stores here and there and all around.

i also do agree that we should wait a bit longer as the community is still growing and I think we should wait till we auctal need this.

Haneshii

Level 12
Haneshii
Haneshii
Omega+
Make more homes and areas for players to explore and live in.
Neutral - On some level, I do agree that a map expansion could be really fun and cool for SRP as a whole. As Infi said above, it'd require a bigger player base which we don't have right now. The thing with living areas, is that we have TONS of apartments still free currently which the player base cannot all fill. I'd love to see more houses introduced, new house styles and such. Currently I live in the smallest house design (I think, it's the sandstone one) and space can be sort of a hassle especially because the outside is more part of the house than the rest of the other houses. (even though editmode permissions only go out by one block around my entire house.) Newer house designs would help the player base not flood each and every one of each house that's close to expiring form the previous owner. HOWEVER, there should not be an abundance of houses because it would render a lot of apartment blocks useless with the size of the player base.

Instead, I propose that we add maybe 2 blocks worth of houses, the same amount of houses on old team street, (i cannot remember the street names if they have any) then add more public areas such as parks, maybe a smaller shopping district which could house more shops in the future (potentially, since an increased map might mean more spaces for shopkeepers.) OR, hear me out, we replace one of the added house streets that I suggested we could add and the mini shopping district for a Harajuku type street. I've been to Harajuku irl, it's a really fun strip to walk down. There's good food, little in the wall shops for accessories and even toys. On top of that, there's cafes for animals like a Shiba Cafe (which I've gone to!). Of course, these shops would require the previously mentioned potential need of new shopkeepers.

1709000358388.png

mactatti

Level 13
Instead, I propose that we add maybe 2 blocks worth of houses, the same amount of houses on old team street, (i cannot remember the street names if they have any) then add more public areas such as parks, maybe a smaller shopping district which could house more shops in the future (potentially, since an increased map might mean more spaces for shopkeepers.) OR, hear me out, we replace one of the added house streets that I suggested we could add and the mini shopping district for a Harajuku type street. I've been to Harajuku irl, it's a really fun strip to walk down. There's good food, little in the wall shops for accessories and even toys. On top of that, there's cafes for animals like a Shiba Cafe (which I've gone to!). Of course, these shops would require the previously mentioned potential need of new shopkeepers.
Kinda like my idea this could be a streetm from my idea.
I think some of theses houses would look great in Karakura
Such as theses houses around the Harajuku area.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
T
View attachment 59480To add onto this suggestion I think you all should also add a cluttered up neighborhood over here such as the pictures
aaaa
aabelow as thats what some auctal Japanese homes look like, and I think it would fit perfectly there like we could start out with the normal estates but the deeper you go into the neighborhood the more poverty/ aka low cost homes it gets. Here are some of the pictures below.
View attachment 59481View attachment 59482i
I think some of theses houses would look great in Karakura as Evan though they’re quite small compared to the Easter we have now I think we should have theses as it would make karakura’s neighborhoods quite different and unique. We could also add new confidence stores here and there and all around.

i also do agree that we should wait a bit longer as the community is still growing and I think we should wait till we auctal need this.
Though this does seem nice, it’s effectively adding at least 500-1k+ more residencies which isn’t really necessary at the present considering there’s a couple pages of affordable housing available with the real estate agent

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- At this moment in time a map expansion simply isn't necessary, however the idea would be considered in future should it become so.​

Users who are viewing this thread