mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Marching band

khuckled

Level 1
IGN: khuckled | Francis Q. Fraser
DATE: 2/24/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Marching band.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: This will benefit the server/community by adding a new and interesting sport. During school games, the marching band could play on the bleachers. This will make sports games more interesting because they can raise sports players morale and give people two things to pay attention to. I have never been to a sports game in-game, but if they do half time, that would be a perfect time for marching band to show off what they have been working on and like games in real life, they would leave after half time.

wethecreature

Level 95
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
This could be done probably through a music club of some sort or maybe even cheerleaders, Idk if an entire new sport is needed (If you meant a club then you could just go and apply for one or something)

khuckled

Level 1
This could be done probably through a music club of some sort or maybe even cheerleaders, Idk if an entire new sport is needed (If you meant a club then you could just go and apply for one or something)
I only said sport because Marching Band isn't a club it is a sport... and I don't know any P.A.'s if I wanted to start a club

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

As a person who was in marching band in real life, and knows what goes into it, It is a sport yes. But, there have been many suggestions in the past to add more sports and more roles and all were denied. We already have enough roles and teams on the server, this is better to stay in The Music Club for an event-type deal or just make your own small group and plan out your own events!

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
omg this would actually be so cool to have

I'm getting new instruments in stock that include flute, tuba and trombone. It's totally possible and I'd love to see it happen

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

While this is a super cool thing, I cannot see the school using a marching band more than a few times. While yes it could be cool to have them at school events, slowly players will start not wanting to participate because of repetition and boredom. This might be worded a little funky but basically I think if we manage to gain any members, we will slowly loose them.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I think although it’s been suggested in the past and denied, we need to keep in mind that it was probably denied because of how small the current playerbase was. Today, SRP is averaging nearly 400 players online weekends, and nearly 300 during weekdays. Small playerbase wouldn’t really be considered an issue anymore for it. Lastly with growing custom items and instruments, it’s entirely possible and would be really neat to see happen :D

I think it may be denied; but it’s not something that should be given up on. I suggest creating a club for marching band, having one “team” for the school (I’d love to sponsor it as faculty), and see how it goes :D

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
As was ive been told in the past as staff and even now as a captain. We dont need more sports. Our current teams are currently struggling to find members as is, adding another team will just increase that problem.

I WILL SAY THO, make this a club. This could be a really cute in that sense. But until teams are fixed and thriving again (trust me were trying) adding more teams will just add to the problem

Lazeas

Level 47
I remember there being a lot of discussion about how we can't add more sports since there aren't enough players even for the current sports, same reason for why adding back dodgeball was denied.

Honestly, if they're gonna introduce any new sports at all then they should add wrestling since it's the only sport that can be purely based off rp instead of needing a plugin.
Track/Swim/Cheer don't have plugins and are based on RP. Wrestling would be cool as a club thing though

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- You can apply for a Music club, or something similar​

Users who are viewing this thread