Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

MaskedRp

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Query#3016

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
GMT+1

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
Banned for a week (17/01/2020), due to ERP- very zen...
Though this was when I was a grade 10, and I was really unaware- and plain ol' stupider.
Ive learned since then, not received any bans/warnings since!

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I normally average around 5-7 hours on the server per day! though this is subject to change.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shinto Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have a baseline knowledge of Shinto, researching the history of Shinto alongside the different types of Kami, my knowledge of Shinto could improve, however! and I am up for learning more about this interesting religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
Other than my two years+ experience on SRP, I am infatuated with the concept of Shinto, being interested in Kami
especially; my overall willingness to learn more about the different types of Shinto religion (Sect Shinto & Shrine Shinto). Furthermore, my activity on the server (if I succeed in obtaining this role) will be primarily used as a Shrine Priest, ensuring that the server will have a shrine staff on at all times! I have had the experience of detail, which I believe is crucial to this role. In recent times, I have found that regular schoolrp, alongside gangrp, can become rather dry' having days of no action in the slightest!- though the whole point of this role is for relaxation! I believe this will reinvigorate my Roleplay! giving me something new to try' evolving my details skills especially.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAINING TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING TO PROCEDURES?:
You bet!

───────────────────────────────────────

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS' FULL NAMES:

'Emiko Hoshi'

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
'Mr. Hoshi'

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
24 years old

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Asian - Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-956-0314

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I would like to rekindle the religion which my family once held near and dear to them, having lost the Shinto way whilst living in America, My mission is to pass on the Shinto way to my future family; I have a strong belief that praying to the Kami at a young age, played a vital part in my semi-recovery from my genetic diseases. On a more personal note, part of the Shinto religion which I hold near and dear to my heart, are the deformed siblings Ebisu and Awashima, due to Izanami speaking first during the mating ritual, this, in turn, created Ebisu and Awashima, revolted by the sight of them, Izanami and Izanagi made the decision to strip them of their deity title- and throw them off into the ocean below, though this is an awful fate, and something they physically cannot control; every depiction of the brothers, show them smiling/ being jolly, I relate to these two- due to my genetic misfortunes, and seeing them having a worse go at it whilst still seeing the fun in life, helped me immensely during my childhood. Due to this, I would like to share their story with the world, though they are more of a thought in Shinto, I believe they are integral for people who have had a bad go at it, to realize they are not alone' and if the two brothers can come back from being stripped from near godhood, anyone could bounce back from anything.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

from my understanding, the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery (located atop Mt. Daichi) started construction in 744, finishing said construction in 762, originally the monastery was meant for believers of the Buddhist faith, due to the sheer height of Mt. Daichi, it was only fitting for one god, Yama-no-Kami. however in the early nineteenth century, a merger of Shinto and Buddhist beliefs formed, creating a unifying Monastery, but Buddhism still ran supreme. However in 2004, one of the final priests (Kannushui Ginjiro) set the Monastery ablaze- due to his belief that the people of Karakura did not need it, due to them forgetting their culture (in his eyes), the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery has never truly recovered from the fire, leaving only one shrine standing.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Lead,

I trust that you are in good health, after months of unwavering thought and determination; I request a place in the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, I truly believe this is where I must reside, though my family wavered off the path of Shintoism; I remained an avid follower, during my stay in America; it truly pained my heart to be far away from any kind of Shinto Monastery, I had to make do with a small statue of Yama-no-Kami in my bedroom. furthermore, I believe assisting others will do me some good, giving me a responsibility like no other, in my mind.. turning my life into a job- is a no-brainer, I truly respect every Kami, and in turn pray to each individual. I pray to Daikoku, that is letter arrives in your hands unscathed, I wish you well.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Emiko Hoshi, the youngest of two from the highly religious Hoshi family, began his life with a troubled childhood. Being born in a rural fishing village in 90s Japan, he never had much to do, and often found himself growing bored of his hometown. Another unfortunate aspect was the fact that he was riddled with multiple genetic diseases, making him incredibly weak, and nimble. Due to this, Emiko was often bound to the cramped, four rotting walls of his bedroom, further stacking up his insatiable boredom. As a pass time, Emiko would often plead to the Kami in family prayers and offerings for a happier life for him and his older sister, Makoto. All he ever wanted was to be rid of these diseases. That want soon became sadness. Makoto was the only good thing about his childhood. She made him forget everything that was wrong with his life, by taking care of and nurturing him. She made Emiko truly happy, or as close to it as he could get.

When Emiko was 15 and was actually capable of leaving his room, he began doing everything he ever dreamed of as a child. But one thing was different. Makoto wasn't there. Makoto had begun hanging with dangerous crowds and in essence, had lost touch with the Shinto life. not one to feel betrayed, Emiko would cherish the time spent with his older sister- along with a family friend named Vah; a young girl which Emiko was commonly forced to babysit.

As Emiko got used to his new semi-healthy lifestyle, tragedy struck- Makoto had fled home; running away with her soon-to-be fiancé. this revaluation left the Hoshi family in ruin, feeling betrayed by their eldest daughter's departure: the Hoshi family moved to America, not wanting to even share the same ground as their estranged daughter. meanwhile, Emiko was forced to depart from the rural fishing village, which he loved so much, only ever wanting to see his sister one last time.

Whilst living in America, Emiko was chastised by his peers, not only for his physical state (which was something visibly affected by his numerous genetic illnesses) but also for his name, the other kids believing it sounded too feminine. Emiko couldn't help his physical ineptness, however, he could help his name; begging his parents to buy him a book titled "Baby boy names"- once opened said book, Emiko's eyes drifted to a name instantly: "Edward". for the duration of Emiko's stay in America: he referred to himself as "Edward" Hoshi.

Once capable, "Edward" Hoshi made the trip back to Japan, to his family's dismay; under the impression that Makoto resided in Karakura, "Edward" set sights on the city- only to find that his beloved sister, was brutally killed years prior. taking her death rather heavily, "Edward" did what "Edward" did best in these situations, praying to the Kami- receiving solace in return.

Physically Emiko was a frail, delicate boy: due to his genetic illnesses Emiko's height was stunted from an early age, only reaching the astonishing height of '5'1', his face would be pale' contrasted by the dark rings around his eyes. he'd be incredibly slouched in his demeanor, making the already minuscule man- look even smaller. Emiko would seemingly have constant bed hair, becoming incredibly unkempt, a single freckle would lay on his right cheek, just under his tired eye, finally- Emiko would seemingly always be lacking sleep, finding any excuse to have a rest up.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

A Shinto Priest must ensure the monastery stays clean! for the monastery to reflect the Kami, priests are also in charge of ceremonies, taking tourists' offerings to the Kami, and securing that the offering is sent ensuring their link to the Kami stays strong. Once Shamans in charge of fending off evil spirits, Shrine Maidens in current times have been relegated to assist male priests where ever they can, whilst also being in charge of the shrine gift shop; selling trinkets and good luck charms to fend off evil spirits, and perform dances at needed rituals.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

Located at the gates of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery; Tsukubai (fountain) which is filled with water from the natural springs, the Tsukubai is used to cleanse/purify your mind and body before entering the shrine. you will first fill the ladle up with the natural spring's water, holding the ladle with your right hand, you will slowly pour said water onto your left hand, followed by your right, after this- you must cleanse your mouth, however, the ladle should never make contact with your mouth, instead: cup your hands of water, and carefully pour said water into your mouth, finally you must clean the ladle' by simply plopping it into the natural springs water, before placing down.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
An offering is made, most commonly vegetables, sake, rice, and water- once obtained, you will hand your offerings over to the nearest priest, the priest will have performed the purification ritual before making contact with the offering, this is to ensure the offering is pure enough for the Kami, once given- the priest will follow the offering tradition: placing the offering onto the base of the shrine, the priest would follow this by bowing, after a few moments- the priest will alert the Kami by clapping two times, once done- the offering ritual has concluded.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
for the tea ceremony, the tea bowl must be placed on the tatami mat, in front of the individual- with the front of the tea bowl facing you. to drink from the tea bowl, you must pick it up with your right hand, before placing it on your left palm, using your right hand- be sure to turn the tea bowl 90 degrees, to ensure it is no longer facing you, be sure to drink the tea with small yet substantial sips, once done- place the tea bowl back onto the tatami mat, this ritual is performed at wedding ceremony's where the bride and groom/ their respective families, this is a way to wish the bride and groom good luck, whilst unifying each family.

Explain what Tamagushi, Ofuda, and Kagura Suzuares are and what they're used for:
Yamaguchi is a type of offering made from a Sakaki-tree branch, once obtained' the branch is substantially decorated to fit its needs, it is commonly decorated with silk, cotton, and washi paper, Tamagushi is used to give/ pay respects, having multiple meanings depending on the ceremony, being used for funerals and weddings, a true act of goodwill.

Ofuda is charmed that instill luck upon the wearer, a talisman made out of numerous materials: cloth, paper, wood, or even metal, Ofuda are sold mainly in the shrine shops, hosted mainly by the shrine maidens, instilled with the luck of a deity, purchasing such an item would ensure that the individual is looked upon by Kami.

The Kagura Suzu, consists of twelve bells that are connected together by coil brass wires, surrounding a central handle; used throughout the Kagura dance, performed by the shrine maidens, the Kagura dance is done to entertain the gods, and is performed during Shinto-related festivals, a by-product of entertaining the gods, is a hope for a good harvest and to ward off natural disasters, believed to be conjured up by unhappy deities.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Emiko worship Tenjin, due to him being a man-made Kami, becoming so important within his mortal form, that he ascended to a deity in death, this would interest Emiko greatly, as he pondered on how such a thing could happen within the modern-day, or in fact if it would be even possible.
───────────────────────────────────────

Last edited:

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#2789
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread