Denied REMOVE

caysviee

Level 11
caysvie
caysvie
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

toxigenic (the account I'm applying with)
caysvie (main)
lautturi (alt)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

aspen#9980

Do you have a microphone?:

I do!

How old are you? (Optional):

I am 17, turning 18 later this year.

What is your time zone?:

EEST (Eastern European Summer Time)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I do.

Describe your activity on the server:

I originally joined the server in 2018, around Spring of that year and playing consistently for around a year, before eventually losing interest, leaving and moving on to other things for a few years. I rejoined the server in mid-2022, with a friend but taking another break until returning in January of this year, having played consistently since and even joined a faction and getting to College in that small window of time.

As for my daily activity, it genuinely does depend. During these past few months, I've been really active, logging on for multiple hours at a time, multiple times a week. My activity has fluctuated quite a bit, though, since I am a full-time student and am doing my final exams next year. But with the summer starting and with the school year ending, I'll have a lot of time on my hands.

Do you have any previous bans?:

I don’t, and I’m not planning on getting any.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
(listed from newest to oldest)

JSL Application [DENIED]
Filipino Application [ACCEPTED]
Doctor Application [ACCEPTED]
Russian Application [ACCEPTED]
Korean Application [ACCEPTED]
Finnish Application [ACCEPTED]
Third Language Application [ACCEPTED]
Russian Application [ACCEPTED]
German Application [ACCEPTED]
Swedish Application [ACCEPTED]
Finnish Application [DENIED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

toxigenic | Grade-8
caysvie | College
lautturi | Doctor

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I’m applying to teach mathematics, specifically; Algebra!

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I’ve been on the server for quite some time now, spending most of my time roleplaying in the position of a student. I’ve always looked up to the teachers on SRP, even though that may sound cheesy and the thought to join the Teacher faction, or faculty in general has always lingered at the back of my head.

As to why I’m applying to specifically be a maths teacher, I’ve always been intrigued by natural sciences, and math has been included in that equation (get it?). I also have a few friends who are teachers/professors within SRP and they’ve shared some of their experiences within the faction, and I believe it sounds like a fun and new experience for me since I’ve never roleplayed as a teacher, or been in the faculty faction before.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, I understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

They’re a way for the faction lead to monitor the number of classes a teacher has held within a month, it lets them know how much they will be paying said teacher for that month and it also lets them know if they haven’t reached their quota.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. No electronics during class; this includes phones, laptops, etc. If you need to take a call, do it outside. If we're doing something that requires you to use your electronics, then you're allowed to, of course.

2. Do not speak whilst the teacher or another student speaks, unless you have a question. Raise your hand, if you do. When it comes to group activities, you can of course speak; but do not speak during a lecture.

3. Be respectful to everyone around you, there will be zero tolerance for insults or any negative comments toward others.

4. Do not eat or drink whilst in class unless you have a medical reason, such as diabetes.

5. Keep your environment clean and clean up after yourself. The school is, after all, a workplace, and your mother does not work there. I will not clean up after you.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I’ve been roleplaying since I was young, starting off with some family roleplays on creative servers when I was younger, and moving all the way to roleplaying on Whatsapp. I first joined SRP in 2018, taking a fairly long break a bit after I joined, though.

I would say that I’ve done a lot of things that are available to roleplay out on SchoolRP as a student, such as GangRP, RomanceRP, FamilyRP, and I’ve even got to experience HospitalRP, since I was added to the EMS faction a few months back. On the topic of the EMS faction, I have a lot of experience DetailRPing, and I do it almost every time I’m roleplaying something out, even if I’m on my College account. I absolutely love explaining actions in detail, even if it takes a bit longer to type things out.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: They’re the teachers responsible for training and overseeing the teachers within their department, making sure they’re all doing their job and doing it right. They're also the teachers with the highest amount of responsibility within their department.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: In the most simple sense, a senior teacher. A teacher who's been working long enough that they aren’t “Newly Qualified”.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has newly passed their training as a teacher, and is qualified to hold classes by themselves.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A teacher who has yet to go through their training, or is still being trained.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The work of teachers may seem simple at first, but there are so many things going on behind the scenes that the work of a teacher includes, and the requirements to become a teacher. Teachers, on top of needing to hold multiple lectures a day and speak for maybe even hours at a time, need to take a lot of time out of their free time to plan out their lessons, make worksheets for their students, grade tests, and even make slideshows. All teachers have their own way of doing things, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t work that goes into their lessons.

All teachers, no matter the level, Elementary, Middle, or High School, need to have gone through University, and they need to be experts in the field that they teach, since, well… They need to know it well enough in order to be able to teach it forward and to share the correct information with their students. On top of holding lessons, teachers, at least elementary to high school ones usually also need to monitor the students within the school outside of class hours, meaning during break times, lunch breaks, etc.

One of the most important parts of being a teacher is the ability to be empathetic. Teachers need to have the ability to be empathetic toward their students since everyone is different, and some people may have learning disabilities or other difficulties when it comes to their home life, or to their education in general.

As for teachers on SRP, their salary can range from a minimum of 350,000 yen per OOC month (for NQT), all the way up to 500,000 yen, based upon the amount of classes the teacher has held.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

The server is, after all, called SchoolRP. Not CityRP or anything of the sort, SchoolRP. All of the players start out as high school students, most of them continuing onto the path of being a student until they finish their College Ph.D. or they get accepted into a faction themselves. Now, what would a school be without teachers? The server relies on there being players roleplaying out as students, and others roleplaying out as teachers, otherwise, it simply wouldn’t work.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

Must have, Should have, Could have, and Will not have, also known as the MoSCoW system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

1684528846152.png
1684528846182.png

Ishana Divakar is an elegant Desi woman standing at a height of 5 feet and 6 inches. She’d almost always be wearing high heels which added to her height, and accompanied by a cane to help her walk properly. Contrary to many people’s belief, she can walk and stand without a cane, but it is a lot more comfortable for her and easier for her to walk with said cane.

Her hair would be a dark brown, as would her eyes. As for her voice, she would speak in a very clear tone and she would also have a British accent to her speech, specifically what one would call an “Oxford British” accent.

She would have a fairly cold stare, and a stern expression to match. That didn’t mean she didn’t care about her students, though. Her students meant everything to her. She isn’t afraid to enforce the rules within her classroom, though.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Ishana would approach them, listening in to their conversation. She would tell them to stop using such language on school grounds, making a note of the fact that it is against the rules. If they ignored her and continued, she would threaten them with detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

Ishana would clap her hands together, whistle, or do something else in order to get all of the students’ attention. She would then inform them that the next person to speak without permission would be getting kicked out of her classroom without a second warning.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

She would do her best to make conversation with her co-workers, usually cooking a cup of tea for herself as she did. Ishana is a fairly chatty person, never passing up the opportunity to have a quick chat with someone. Honestly, she loves small talk. Asking about someone’s day, getting to know them better, all of that.

It does depend on her mood, though. She is only human, and when she isn’t in the best mood, she might take her time to focus on something else, like grading tests or something else work-related.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me took a seat behind her desk, placing her cane to lean toward the edge of her desk as she did. She would take one last look at the students in front of her, in an attempt to determine if anyone needed anything. Instead of getting back up from her seat, she’d begin grabbing papers from the side, slipping them in front of herself, and scanning through the questions she had created herself and through their answers. Taking a red ballpoint pen from the side, she’d write down each of their points beside their answer, calculating their total points at the end of it and scribbling down their final grade on the test at the top of the first page, and writing it down into her notebook.

/me set her cane to lean against the front of her desk. She would cross her arms and clear her throat before clapping her hands together twice. “Everyone! The next person to speak will get kicked out, understood?” She’d turn her head left and right, scanning the classroom for signs of agreement.

/me grabbed a piece of chalk from the bottom of the blackboard. Walking over to the middle of the blackboard, she’d begin writing out an equation in large letters, reading: “2x + 5 = 15”. She would then turn around to face the class. “Any of you want to tell me how to solve this?”

/me stood right in front of her desk, leaning both of her hands onto her cane. “Welcome, welcome, everyone. Take your seats, please.” She would begin moving over to the blackboard, grabbing a chalk from the bottom of it. Raising her arm, she would begin writing out: “Ms. Divakar” She’d place the chalk back in its original position and turn around to face her students. “Good morning, everyone! My name is Ms. Divakar, and I will be your new Maths Teacher. I hope we can all get along well.”

Backstory

Ishana Divakar was born to her parents as an only child for the time being in New Delhi, India, in 1989. Her parents had been living in the UK, specifically, Brighton for years up until that point. She just happened to be born when they were visiting home.

Ishana was intrigued by sports from a very young age, and she was absolutely in love with dancing. Specifically, ballet dancing. Her parents thought it was the sweetest thing ever, supporting her in her hobby. Hell, the girl wanted to become a dance instructor when she grew up.

But not everything goes to plan, does it? During one of her shows, she was meant to do quite a large jump. She was completely confident in her ability to do it, maybe even too confident, which may have been what led to her demise.

She did the jump but did not stick the landing, falling and landing her leg straight onto the hardened wood floors of the stage. She was rushed to the hospital and she was diagnosed with a ruptured tendon within her knee. Ishana was completely devastated. It healed to some extent after a year, but she was never able to dance again and she had to begin walking with a cane for support, which she still does to this day.

This was also the time when her interest in sciences began to grow. She realised her love for mathematics, even solving mathematical problems in her free time.

But she had still lost her passion, and she grew jealous and spiteful toward athletes, especially dancers. They had what she had lost. Until she met one who managed to change her entire attitude toward them. A football player, Julius Santiago. He didn’t need to do much to change her mind. Later in life, after they both graduated High School, Julius had gotten a spot at a University in Tokyo. Whilst Ishana had one at a University in the UK. Heartbroken, she made the decision to let him go, but she was still determined to follow him.

She would study Japanese like a madman, reading the alphabet and the grammatical forms day and night. She finished her Master’s Degree in Mathematics at the age of 23, in 2012, and almost instantly after she had it, she booked a plane to Japan.

After 5 years of back-and-forth traveling and hour-long phone calls, Julius was there and Ishana was not about to let him go again. She got a position working as an elementary school teacher in maths when she first moved there, although it did take her quite a bit of time to get the position.

And that was when tragedy struck, yet again… Julius ended up involved in a car crash, a lethal one, and Ishana was left alone, again. Completely struck by grief, she put her entirety into her work, going back to University in 2014 to finish her Ph.D. and graduating in 2017, carrying on with teaching afterward.

Still living in Japan, she’s looking for new horizons and new opportunities; hoping Karakura and Karakura High School could be that.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Ishana Divakar

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Ishana

Preferred Name:
Ishana

Age (Minimum is 27):

Religious Denomination:
Hinduism

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
British, Indian

Current Location:
Tokyo, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Ph.D. in Mathematics

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Mathematics

Minors:
English

Native Languages:
English, Hindi

Other Languages:
Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

I'll apply for Hindi later, if this application gets accepted.

For some odd reason, the formatting keeps on breaking and bolding my answers, no matter how many times I edit it. Apologies if it makes the application difficult to read.

Do you have any questions?:
I do not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread