Feb. 2018: Permanent ban for staff disrespect, but no other offenses since then

What is your timezone?:
Central Standard Time

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
England#9003

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Of course I do.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I exclusively use the forums whenever applying for roles or permissions, or when buying ranks and customs. However, I am online for at least 3 hours a day, and that time will likely increase as I obtain more responsibilities as a professor.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I first joined SchoolRP in late 2016, so nearly 6 years.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
*I have had a couple different forum accounts over the years as my email changed and other circumstances, so I could not find any of my applications from my first forum account. In 2017 I was the first owner of MacFromage (a shop), gained permissions to French and Italian, and had a custom cane (back when custom items were application-based).
https://schoolrp.net/threads/icelandic-application-englandography.51500/ Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-language-slot-application-englandography.51600/ Accepted

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
High School Student, Grade 12

TRIVIA

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
For a start, my motivation for becoming a professor is to experience the server in a new light, as school faculty. In all of my time on SchoolRP, I have never had a serious job role besides shop keeping, and I thought being a professor would be a fun way to start.
Additionally, in real life, I have been exploring a wide variety of interesting subjects in school that I thought I could bring to the server, primarily regarding math. Therefore, the best course of action would be for me to find a teaching position
And, finally, I have a large number of friends who are currently working as professors, so I thought it would be a fun way to roleplay with them in a new setting and under different circumstances.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are used to track the classes and other activities held by a professor. They are important because it determines the activity of the professor, as well as the paycheck they will receive at the end of each month. Professors must meet a quota, and this is where it is written.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  1. Limit phone usage to a minimum, only to be used for emergencies.
  2. Interact with the class whenever possible.
  3. Do not speak above a whisper without raising your hand.
  4. Be respectful and do not cause a disruption or use offensive vocabulary.
  5. No inappropriate behavior. This includes usage of alcohol or smokes and vapes, rude gestures, or not listening to the professor.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
On December 14 of 2016, I got a computer and Minecraft for my birthday, and it was shortly after that I played on two different roleplay servers: SchoolRP and Wizry (a small Percy Jackson roleplay server). I stayed active on both throughout the years, primarily on SchoolRP throughout 2017. In 2018, I transitioned to playing Wizry primarily, which went on for about another year. In about 2019, I was entirely active on a number of various Discord roleplay servers, and, in summer of 2020, I got back onto SchoolRP. I remained active until summer of 2021, where I swapped between SchoolRP and Wizry, and now, in 2022, I exclusively play SchoolRP.

COLLEGE-PROFESSOR KNOWLEDGE

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
College-professors are tasked with the responsibility to teach higher learning to the college students of Karakura. Additionally, they help moderate the halls and campus of students who may misbehave, and are expected to influence maturity and professionalism onto students through their daily actions.
College-professors are paid 450,000 yen after meeting a quota of 15 classes. Additionally, they are capable of making an extra 50,000 yen by having another 10 classes. The 15-to-25 classes they hold are all performed in one month, when their paycheck is delivered to them.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Shohei Makato is a 5’10” Japanese male with an average, lean build. He has long, black hair and blue eyes. Shohei is an outgoing, charming man with a thirst for everything: knowledge, good looks, and social skills. His only goal is to perfect himself. As he sees it, becoming a professor is a merit to his objective--a way to master intellect and share it with the world. He has little time for unproductive activities, and it shows.
To him, his students are a project, a group of people who share the same ambition as he does that he wishes to help grow and develop their abilities. They are important to him on a personal level, not because of his relationship with them, but because of how invested Shohei is in their success. Meanwhile, his coworkers are simply that: coworkers. He retains a professional relationship with them, only informally interacting with those he considers close friends of his.

SCENARIOS

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
I would ask the sport-team members to quiet down, telling them that this is just a warning. If they were to continue shouting, I would give them another warning, threatening detention. Then, if they still shouted, I would give them detention (though they shouldn’t, because of fearRP).

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
If they are not listening to a word I am saying, that means I would have already warned him; therefore, I would give them another warning, this time threatening detention (which they would need to fearRP). If they fail to comply, I would then kick them out of the class and give them detention.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Shohei would step toward his desk, laying an assortment of papers down beside his keyboard. He sat down in his office chair, leaning back against the lumbar support with a slight creak sounding from the seat. After loudly clearing his throat, Shohei spoke to the class, saying, “Alright, seats, everybody! Good morning, how have your days been?”

/me He abruptly stood up from his seat, the chair wheeling off as Shohei lightly pushed it back. The man walked around his desk, then went student to student, leaving a paper in front of each one onto their desks. “We’ll take fifteen minutes for you guys to work on this, then we’ll review. Work individually, this is just practice.” Shohei then turned around, walking back to his desk silently. After taking a seat, he’d reach into his right pocket to take out his phone, turning on a timer for fifteen minutes.

/me Shohei traveled across the class, picking up completed test papers left and right from the students. After, he’d step up to the front of his desk, tapping the papers against it to align them properly. “Well done,” he said, turning around to face everybody. “Now, let’s move on to tonight’s homework.” He placed the test papers in a small assignment basket on his desk. “It’s due next class and is about the new module we’re moving on to.”

Backstory

Shohei Makato was born in Karakura, Japan to an upper-middle class family. He grew up an athlete. All he cared about was volleyball, playing it almost every moment of each day; however, by the time high school came, Shohei realized that sports would not pay the bills. Throughout his life, he had been told by his family to strive for the best and become a surgeon of some kind. He began studying, working toward his newfound goal to become a doctor. Like a good Japanese son, he achieved amazing results and applied to university for a biomedical science major with pre-med courses. And yet, Shohei wasn’t content. He didn’t care about money anymore, he just wanted to pursue his favorite subject: linear algebra. After carefully considering his future, Shohei changed his major to mathematics, also minoring in education with intentions to become a professor. He worked in a research internship during his undergraduate studies, getting some experience under his belt for when he applied to graduate school. Then, when his doctorate education came, he quit his job as an intern and focused on his education. He studied day and night, almost never leaving the dorm room outside of the occasional shopping for groceries. And, after finally completing his thesis, Shohei graduated, immediately taking a job in statistical research at a local university. Three years later, he found himself applying for a professor position at the college of Karakura, his home town.

IN-CHARACTER INFORMATION

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Shohei Makato

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Given Name(s):
Shohei
Sho

Preferred Name:
Shohei
Mr. Makato

Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
3 years

Working Experience (# of years):
8 years

Academic Degree:
BMath (Bachelor of Mathematics)
DMath (Doctorate of Mathematics)

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Mathematics

Minors:
Education

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Mathematics

EXTRA

Additional notes about your application (if any):
N/A

Do you have any questions?:
No

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/wcAdvrRP

Users who are viewing this thread