mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Mathematics Teacher Application | LilyMaay

LilyMaay

Level 6
HonkersRP
HonkersRP
Omega+
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?

LilyMaay

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
LilyMaay#1963

Do you have a microphone?
Yes, able to VC if needed, unless busy with university.

How old are you? (Optional):
19 - August 07, 2003.

What is your time zone?
GMT

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?
Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server has been on a constant flow, I have been able to play a lot more as I always have access to my laptop. On a scale from 1-10, I would say a strong 9.5, as I spend a lot of time on SRP. My university degree does come into the conversation when speaking about my activity, but within my first year, I was always active. Only take a maximum of a 5-day break. But having the teacher role, I will understand that this will be checked, and I would avoid being inactive. I will be able to play between 12 pm-10 pm GMT, being able to host classes, as my character is competitive and would like to get the ‘highest number of classes hosted”. But on average, I'm on SRP almost every day, continuing the role of my character play and set story.

Do you have any previous bans?
No, I do not.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

http://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-application-lilymaay.54238/

http://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-2nd-app.54292/

http://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.54422/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you’re college, specify your degree level):
Currently, my character is a College Bachelor student, wanting to go down the path of crime and law. (As i actually study Criminology Bachelor's Degree in real life).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?

I am applying to be a mathematics teacher.
My main focus would be on Geometry, the study of sizes, shapes, positions, angles and dimensions of things. I am hoping to focus more on shapes, teaching the students the basics at first, and slowly developing their understanding, allowing them to completely and successfully learn all kinds of geometry! Helping them for their futures.
With maths, I would want it to make it fun and interesting, the class gives it multiple opportunities to include games, as well as relate it to other subjects, like all sciences and even physical education.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?
In real life, I was a tutor from the age of 16-18. I used to tutor younger kids online, during covid, from the age of 10 to 14, in English, maths and science, so I would like to say I have a clear and understandable approach towards teaching, and I would like to be able to apply this in SRP. My tutoring lessons have taught me to be straightforward, and understand to be patient with children, especially needed in high school with newer players! I have a deep understanding of the server and I would know how to approach most of the students, being able to talk to them on a calm basis, and correcting their wrongs and mistakes. I feel motivated to become a teacher due to my motherly nature, as I am an aunt from a young age, I have a very caring and delicate touch towards children and would like to impose this.
In addition, I love to help and teach people new things, it's a sense of reward, and to help people with maths, even meaningful new things in real life would ensure pleasure within myself and hopefully others. I want to be able to teach my students enough to go into the exams, and to college, with confidence and strong ability, as I would never want to see another person fail. As shown in the roster, no maths teachers are actually there, meaning that I would like to take the role of being one of the maths teachers for high school, and to actually teach them something as when I was a high school student, I believe I had only attended one maths class, as they were pretty rare to occur. With my activity, I would like to encourage more classes, being able to show my determination towards teaching and using this role.
With the In character motive, my character has been seen as friendly, helpful, patient and very understanding in most situations, she would never be biased, and always want to listen to both sides of the story. Lily always wanted to help people, and she wanted to do this within teaching, as she knows she can commit to helping others with their futures.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role at UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training.

I understand that I would undergo teacher training, and am happy to do so, as any bit of training for this role would be helpful and help me become and teach more efficiently.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?
According to my understanding based on my personal research, teacher class logs appear to be a method that enables the school administration to keep track of the activities taking place in each individual teacher's classroom. Logs would also help in providing information to teachers regarding the number of classes they have to complete, additional classes hosted, times and room numbers, total classes hosted, and an inactivity log. This would be used to help determine whether a teacher is actively taking their role seriously and assist in providing an employee that meets their monthly quota.
In other words, it's a system that both teachers and administration use to support the operations of the educational setting and guarantee that the teachers in question are adhering to all standards.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?
It is important for the teacher to clearly communicate their expectations and rules for the students, and to consistently enforce the rules in a fair and firm manner. It can also be helpful to involve students in the process of establishing and reviewing classroom rules, as this can help them to understand the reasoning behind the rules and feel a sense of ownership and responsibility for following them.
These rules are in no specific order, as all are important and needed.

Rule One - “Be respectful to others and their property”.
This means that students should treat their classmates, the teacher, and other school staff with kindness and respect, and should not engage in behaviours that are hurtful or disruptive.
Being respectful includes using appropriate language and behaviour, listening attentively when others are speaking, and following school and classroom rules and policies. It also means showing consideration for others' feelings and needs and being mindful of the impact of one's actions on others.
In terms of respecting others' property, this means not damaging or taking other people's belongings without permission, and being mindful of shared spaces and resources. It is important for students to understand that they are responsible for their own actions and should act in a way that shows respect for the rights and property of others.

Rule Two - “Follow Directions and pay attention”.
This means that students should listen carefully when the teacher or other school staff are giving instructions or explanations, and should make an effort to understand and follow these directions. This includes paying attention to the teacher or speaker, and not engaging in distractions or disruptions that may interfere with the learning process.
Following directions and paying attention are important skills for students to develop, as they are essential for learning and for functioning effectively in school and other social settings. When students are able to focus and attend to the tasks at hand, they are more likely to absorb new information and skills and to participate actively in the learning process.
It is important for teachers to clearly communicate their expectations and to provide clear, concise instructions and explanations so that students are able to understand and follow them. It is also important for teachers to be patient and understanding if students have difficulty following directions, and to offer additional support or clarification as needed.

Rule Three - “Raise your hand to speak or ask a question”.
This means that students should signal their desire to speak or ask a question by raising their hand, rather than interrupting the teacher or other students or calling out.
Raising one's hand to speak is an important social convention that helps to establish order and respect in the classroom. It allows the teacher to know who wants to speak and to manage the flow of conversation and interactions in the class. It also helps to ensure that all students have an opportunity to participate and have their voices heard.
It is important for students to understand the importance of raising their hand and waiting to be called on before speaking, and to be respectful of their classmates and the teacher when they are speaking. It is also important for teachers to be responsive to students who raise their hands and to make an effort to include all students in the conversation.

Rule Four - “Stay in your seats unless you have permission to move”.
This means that students should remain seated in their designated spots in the classroom unless they have permission from the teacher or other school staff to leave their seats.
Staying in one's seat can help to create a sense of structure and order in the classroom, and can help to minimise distractions and disruptions. It can also help students to focus and pay attention, as they are less likely to be tempted to wander or play around if they are seated.
However, it is important for teachers to understand that there may be times when it is appropriate for students to leave their seats, such as for group work, hands-on activities, or breaks. In these cases, it is important for teachers to provide clear instructions and guidelines for how and when students can move around the classroom. It is also important for students to understand that they should only leave their seats with permission and should follow any additional rules or guidelines that have been provided.

Rule Five - “Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself”.
This means that students should not use their hands, feet, or other objects in a way that might be harmful or disruptive to others.
This rule is important for ensuring the safety and well-being of all students in the classroom. It can help to prevent accidents and injuries that may result from roughhousing, throwing objects, or other inappropriate behaviours.
It is important for students to understand that they are responsible for their own actions and should be mindful of how they use their hands, feet, and other objects. They should also be respectful of others and their personal space, and not touch or interact with others in a way that might be unwelcome or hurtful.
It is important for teachers to enforce this rule consistently and to be clear about the expectations and consequences for violating it. It is also important for teachers to model appropriate behaviour and to provide guidance and support for students who may have difficulty following this rule.

Rule Six - “Use appropriate language and behaviour”.
This means that students should use language and behaviour that is respectful, appropriate, and in line with school and classroom expectations.
Using appropriate language and behaviour is important for creating a positive and respectful learning environment. It can help to foster a sense of mutual respect and understanding among students and can help to prevent conflicts and misunderstandings.
Examples of appropriate language and behaviour might include using polite and respectful language, following school and classroom rules, being mindful of others' feelings and needs, and participating actively in class. It is important for students to understand that their words and actions have an impact on others, and to be mindful of how they communicate and interact with their classmates and the teacher.
It is important for teachers to establish and communicate clear expectations for appropriate language and behaviour, and to consistently enforce these expectations in a fair and firm manner. It is also important for teachers to provide guidance and support for students who may have difficulty following these expectations.

Rule Seven - “Keep the classroom clean and organised”.
This means that students should help to maintain a clean and orderly classroom by taking care of their own belongings, disposing of trash properly, and participating in cleaning and organising activities as needed.
A clean and organised classroom can help to create a positive and productive learning environment and can also help students to feel more comfortable and at ease. It can be easier for students to focus and pay attention when they are not distracted by clutter or mess, and it can also be more pleasant and inviting to be in a well-maintained space.
It is important for students to understand that they are responsible for their own belongings and for helping to keep the classroom clean and organised. They should be mindful of how their actions and behaviours may impact the classroom environment and should be willing to pitch in and help with cleaning and organising tasks as needed.
It is important for teachers to establish and communicate clear expectations for classroom cleanliness and organisation, and to provide guidance and support for students who may need help in this area. It is also important for teachers to model good behaviours and habits related to cleanliness and organisation, and to provide opportunities for students to practise and develop these skills.

Rule Eight - “Turn in assignments on time”.
This means that students should submit their assignments by the designated due date, as specified by the teacher or school.
Turning in assignments on time is an important responsibility for students, as it allows them to demonstrate their learning and progress, and to receive feedback and support from the teacher. It also helps to ensure that students are keeping up with the coursework and are making progress towards meeting their academic goals.
It is important for students to understand the importance of meeting deadlines and to develop good habits related to time management and organisation. They should try to complete their assignments in a timely manner and to seek assistance if they are having difficulty or need extra support.
It is important for teachers to establish clear expectations for when assignments are due, and to communicate these expectations to students. They should also provide support and guidance for students who may have difficulty meeting deadlines and be understanding if extenuating circumstances arise. It is also important for teachers to be fair and consistent in their policies and procedures related to late assignments.

Rule Nine - “Follow school and classroom policies for using technology”.
This means that students should adhere to the rules and guidelines established by the school and the teacher for using technology in the classroom.
Using technology can be an important and valuable tool for learning and communication, but it is important for students to understand that it must be used responsibly and in accordance with school and classroom policies. These policies may include rules related to the appropriate use of computers, tablets, phones, and other devices, as well as guidelines for internet safety and digital citizenship.
It is important for students to understand the importance of following these policies and to use technology in a way that is respectful, appropriate, and in line with the educational goals of the school and the classroom. They should also be mindful of the impact of their technology use on others, and should not use technology in a way that is disruptive or harmful to others.
It is important for teachers to establish and communicate clear expectations and policies for technology use in the classroom, and to provide guidance and support for students who may have difficulty following these expectations. It is also important for teachers to model responsible and appropriate technology use, and to provide opportunities for students to learn and practise good digital citizenship skills.

Rule Ten - “Bullying of any time is not tolerated”.
This includes physical, verbal, or online bullying, as well as any other behaviour that is intended to harm, intimidate, or harass others."
It is important for students to understand that bullying is not acceptable and that there will be consequences for engaging in bullying behaviour. It is also important for students to feel safe and supported in reporting bullying incidents and seeking help when needed.
It is important for teachers to establish a culture of respect and inclusion in the classroom, and to be proactive in addressing and preventing bullying. This may include setting clear expectations and rules related to bullying, providing education and training on the topic, and working with students and other staff to create a safe and supportive school community.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?
Throughout my life, role-playing has always been included, even meaning when playing with toys when I was younger, to nowadays for my criminology classes, as I have to roleplay the detective, the victim, the witness and even the suspects. These heightened my ability to role play, as I had to act the character in detail, and keep composure, sometimes showing a strict - vulnerable - emotional - character, which I believe is best to enrol into my character, as my degree gives me practice towards this.
At a younger age, we all used to roleplay commonly in everyday life. As I used to engage in roleplay as a way to explore and understand the world around me, as well as to practise social skills and to also have fun! I would play pretend games in which I took on different roles and act out different scenarios. At the age of 7-8, I used to use any cardboard box my dad had, and convert it into an aeroplane, then wait for my friends to visit, to then act out being a pilot, air hostess and even a passenger. This experience was very common for me, as I would like to be creative and use many materials to make the experience feel more real - cringe I know.

Roleplaying has contributed a lot to me in my lifetime, especially when I was in secondary school, doing Drama as a GCSE (A type of grading - UK system). Drama is a subject that involves the study and practice of acting, theatre, and related performance skills. As such, drama can be a helpful subject for students, like me, who are interested in exploring and developing their ability to roleplay.
Through drama classes, I learnt about different acting techniques and methods and practised applying these techniques to different characters and scenarios. This helped me to become more comfortable and confident in taking on different roles and perspectives, and to develop my ability to express myself and communicate with others through acting.
In addition to developing acting skills, drama classes also provided me with opportunities to practise other skills that are related to roleplaying, such as improvisation, script ****ysis, and character development. These skills can be useful for a variety of purposes, including acting, public speaking, and social interaction.
Overall, drama classes were a valuable resource for me, as I was interested in exploring and developing my ability to roleplay, and provided a supportive and engaging environment for learning and practice.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳Meaning:
Head of Department.
↳Description: HDs are responsible for monitoring how teachers in their department behave and what they teach. During class, HDs typically monitor rules compliance by both students and teachers, helping to promote a positive learning environment. They are the most senior instructors and have a lot of expertise in that position, making them excellent resources for UTs and NQTs to turn to when they need help.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher.
↳Description: QTs are individuals who have cleared all challenges, both academic and training-related, to become teachers. Importantly, they have a track record of success and have demonstrated their ability to carry out their duties to a high quality. In comparison to NQTs and UTs, they typically have a lot more power over how regulations are applied in the classroom.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher.
↳Description: NQTs are educators who have demonstrated their skills during training and have cleared the initial challenges required to become teachers. Without the supervision of a QT or HD present, they are able to host their own classes. NQTs must demonstrate their independence and management skills in the classroom before they can be promoted to the status of qualified teacher (QT).

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher.
↳ Description: UTs are recently hired, employees. They are still going through training to better understand their jobs, either getting ready to do it or already doing it. Additionally, UTs are required to demonstrate through training that they are qualified to fulfil the position of a teacher.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about teachers in-game and out-of-game. What purpose do teachers serve? What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach. What do they do in their spare time in general?

[OOC and IC Purpose of Teachers]

To impart knowledge and understanding of the subject matter to students.

One purpose of teachers is to impart knowledge and understanding of the subject matter to students. This includes teaching students new information, as well as helping them to deepen their understanding of concepts they have already learned. Teachers may use a variety of teaching methods, such as lectures, class discussions, and hands-on activities, to help students learn and retain the material being taught. It is the teacher's responsibility to present the information in a clear and understandable manner and to provide opportunities for students to ask questions and clarify any misunderstandings. The goal is for students to leave the classroom with a thorough understanding of the subject matter, and the ability to apply that knowledge in real-world situations.

To facilitate learning and promote intellectual curiosity in students.
Another purpose of teachers is to facilitate learning and promote intellectual curiosity in students. This involves creating a learning environment that is engaging and challenging for students and encouraging them to explore new ideas and ask questions. Teachers can foster a love of learning in their students by making the material interesting and relevant, and by showing enthusiasm for the subject themselves. It is important for teachers to encourage intellectual curiosity in their students, as this helps to develop critical thinking skills and promotes a lifelong love of learning. By facilitating learning and promoting intellectual curiosity, teachers can help students develop into curious, open-minded, and intellectually curious individuals.

To help students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve.
One of the purposes of teachers is to help students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve. Critical thinking involves the ability to ****yse and evaluate information and arguments and to make well-reasoned decisions. It is a key skill that is essential for success in school and in the workforce. Teachers can help students develop critical thinking skills by providing opportunities for them to ****yse and synthesise information, ask questions and consider multiple perspectives, and solve problems. This might involve activities such as discussing current events, ****ysing literature, or working on group projects. By helping students develop critical thinking skills, teachers can prepare them to be active and engaged members of society.

To provide support and guidance to students, both academically and personally.
Another purpose of teachers is to provide support and guidance to students, both academically and personally. This includes helping students set and work towards academic goals, as well as providing emotional support and guidance as needed. Teachers can act as mentors and role models for their students and can offer advice and encouragement to help students navigate challenges and setbacks. It is important for teachers to create a safe and inclusive learning environment where students feel comfortable seeking help and support when needed. By providing support and guidance to students, teachers can help them to feel confident and motivated to succeed in their studies.

To help students develop good study habits and time management skills.
One of the purposes of teachers is to help students develop good study habits and time management skills. These skills are important for students to be successful in school and in their future studies and careers. Teachers can help students develop good study habits by providing guidance on how to prioritise tasks, how to take effective notes, and how to set aside dedicated study time. They can also teach students about the importance of staying organised and breaking large projects into smaller, more manageable tasks. By helping students develop good study habits and time management skills, teachers can set them up for success in their academic pursuits.

To assess and evaluate student progress through tests and assignments.
Another purpose of teachers is to assess and evaluate student progress through tests and assignments. This involves using a variety of assessment tools, such as quizzes, exams, projects, and essays, to measure student understanding and skills. Teachers use the results of these assessments to determine whether students are meeting learning objectives and to identify areas where students may need additional support. Assessing and evaluating student progress is important because it helps teachers to determine the effectiveness of their teaching methods and to adjust their instruction as needed. It also helps students to track their own progress and identify areas for improvement. By regularly assessing and evaluating student progress, teachers can ensure that students are making progress and are on track to meet their academic goals.

To foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
Another purpose of teachers is to foster a positive and inclusive classroom environment that is conducive to learning. This includes creating a safe and welcoming space for students, as well as establishing clear expectations and rules for behaviour. It is important for teachers to create a positive classroom culture where all students feel valued and respected, and where everyone is encouraged to participate and contribute. By fostering a positive and inclusive classroom environment, teachers can help students feel comfortable and engaged in their learning and can create a sense of community and belonging within the classroom. This can lead to a more positive and successful learning experience for all students.

To serve as a role model and mentor to students.
One of the purposes of teachers is to serve as role models and mentors to students. This involves setting a good example for students in terms of behaviour, work ethic, and personal responsibility. Teachers have the opportunity to influence the lives of their students in a positive way and can provide guidance and support to help students reach their full potential. It is important for teachers to be approachable and supportive, and to be willing to listen to and help their students with any issues or concerns they may have. By serving as role models and mentors, teachers can help students to develop important life skills and to make good choices as they grow and learn.

To stay up-to-date on current teaching methods and subject matter in order to provide the most effective instruction.
Another purpose of teachers is to stay up to date on current teaching methods and subject matter in order to provide the most effective instruction. This involves continuing their own education through professional development opportunities, staying current on research and best practices in education, and staying informed about new developments in their subject areas. By staying up to date on current teaching methods and subject matter, teachers can ensure that they are providing their students with the most current and relevant information and are using the most effective teaching strategies. This can help to engage and challenge students and can lead to a more successful and fulfilling learning experience.

To collaborate with other teachers and school staff to develop and implement effective teaching strategies and curricula.
One of the purposes of teachers is to collaborate with other teachers and school staff to develop and implement effective teaching strategies and curricula. This involves working with colleagues to align instruction with school and district goals and standards, and to create a cohesive and coherent educational experience for students. Teachers may also collaborate with other educators to share ideas and best practices and to develop professional learning communities within their schools. Collaboration is important because it allows teachers to share resources and expertise and to work together to support the academic and personal growth of their students. By collaborating with other teachers and school staff, teachers can help to create a positive and effective learning environment for all students.

How do teachers teach?
There are many different approaches to teaching, and the specific methods used by a teacher can depend on a number of factors, including the subject they are teaching, the age and ability level of their students, and the learning goals of the course or lesson.
Generally, teaching involves a combination of explaining new concepts, demonstrating skills, and providing opportunities for students to practise and apply what they have learned.
Teachers may use a variety of teaching methods to engage their students and facilitate learning, including:​
  • Lectures: Teachers present information to students, who take notes and listen to the instructor.​
  • Discussions: Teachers lead a conversation about a topic, encouraging students to share their thoughts and ideas.​
  • Demonstrations: Teachers show students how to do something, such as a science experiment or a mathematical process.​
  • Group work: Teachers divide students into small groups and assign tasks or projects for them to work on together.​
  • One-on-one instruction: Teachers work with individual students to address specific needs or challenges.​
There are many other teaching methods that teachers may use, and the most effective approach will depend on the subject matter, the students, and the learning goals of the lesson or course.

Spare time!
Teachers, like all professionals, have personal interests and hobbies that they pursue in their spare time. Some teachers may spend their free time relaxing with friends and family, pursuing hobbies and interests, or engaging in physical activities or sports.
Other teachers may use their free time to engage in professional development activities, such as attending conferences or workshops, taking additional coursework, or engaging in research or writing.
It's worth noting that many teachers also have to spend some of their free time on tasks related to their job, such as preparing lesson plans, grading papers, and communicating with students and parents. However, most teachers are able to find a balance between their work and personal life, and are able to enjoy their leisure time as well.

[IC]
The maximum monthly salary for teachers is ¥500,000. Newly qualified teachers begin with a base pay of ¥350,000 after completing 10 classes (qualified teachers have a base pay of ¥400,000), and for every additional 5 classes after meeting the minimum requirement, teachers receive an additional ¥50,000 in pay until the maximum is reached.

[OOC]
UK BASED.
Teachers in the UK are paid according to a nationally-agreed pay scale. The amount they are paid depends on their qualifications, experience, and responsibilities.
Starting salaries for newly-qualified teachers in England and Wales are typically in the range of £23,720 to £29,664 per year.
Experienced teachers with more than four years of experience can expect to earn between £30,046 and £49,571 per year, depending on their role and responsibilities.
Salaries for more senior teaching positions, such as headteachers and deputy headteachers, are generally higher. Headteachers in England and Wales can earn between £40,490 and £105,737 per year, depending on the size and type of school they lead.
It's worth noting that these figures are only rough estimates, and actual salaries can vary depending on a number of factors, including the location of the school and the teacher's level of experience and qualifications.

JAPAN BASED.
Teachers in Japan are generally paid a monthly salary, which is determined by the local board of education. The amount of the salary depends on several factors, including the teacher's level of education and experience, the type of school they work in, and the location of the school.
According to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), the starting salary for a newly-hired full-time teacher with a bachelor's degree and no teaching experience is around ¥250,000 per month (about $2,300).
Experienced teachers with a master's degree or higher can expect to earn more, with salaries ranging from around ¥300,000 to ¥550,000 per month (about $2,800 to $5,100).
It's worth noting that these figures are only rough estimates, and actual salaries can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the teacher's level of education and experience, the type of school they work in, and the location of the school.

References:
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT): "Guide to Employment for International Students in Japan"
https://www.mext.go.jp/en/policy/education/highered/title01/detail02/1373888.html

Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA): "Working as a Teacher in Japan"
https://www.jica.go.jp/english/our_...human_resource_development/teacher/index.html

Japan Times: "Teacher Salaries in Japan: An Overview"
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/2018/06/27/education/teacher-salaries-japan-overview/

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?
Teachers in-game primarily support RP. When new players join SRP, these are typically some of the first individuals they would meet. For newer gamers who want to learn more, they're a terrific source of information. Having been a new player myself, I know how frightening it can be to attempt to fit in, especially when you're new to roleplay. They will set that RP standard for newbie players and assist welcome them to SRP. Teachers are also a rare feature on other school roleplay servers, I discovered. It baffles me that this server not only has a polished representation of instructors but also treats it as a legitimate position that anybody can apply for and receive compensation for. In addition, it astounds me how the server has developed a working educational system in which lessons taught by teachers are truly covered on tests that are given on a quarterly basis. Teachers are another person whom ‘greenies’ and new players might approach in order to fit into RP. This is what I did when I first started out; given the sheer size of RP and degree of information, it may be rather scary at first. New players and ‘greenies’ can benefit from being introduced to the fundamental mechanics as soon as they begin by having that approachable tutor.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?
The school seems to work on the MoSCoW system.
MoSCoW is a prioritisation technique that is often used in project management to help teams focus on the most important tasks and make the best use of their time and resources. The acronym MoSCoW stands for Must have, Should have, Could have, and Won't have.
In the context of teaching, the MoSCoW system could be used to prioritise the content and objectives of a lesson or course. For example, the "Must have" category might include essential concepts and skills that students must learn in order to meet the learning goals of the lesson. The "Should have" category might include additional content or skills that are important, but not as essential as the "Must have" items. The "Could have" category might include supplementary or optional content that could be covered if time permits. The "Won't have" category might include content or objectives that are not feasible to cover within the given time frame.
Using the MoSCoW system can help teachers to focus on the most important content and objectives and ensure that they are able to cover the material in a way that is meaningful and effective for their students.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Lily is a small female, standing at 5’1, but trust me when I say, her small size does not compare to her size in personality. She brings a warm smile upon herself, showing a caring, mother-like appearance, she has a kind and approachable appearance, making it easy to talk to her and socialise. She would have long blonde to white hair long hair, with a side fringe that hung over her glass eye, caused by a previous incident that happened during her younger ages, as she was attacked by a masked individual, for unknown reasons, and they had scooped out her eye, leaving her to have a glass eye instead. She has pale skin, however, this sometimes changes if she visits back home, being in Spain. She would have a petite build, only weighing 110 lbs, and having an hourglass figure. Her accent would be British, even though spending most of her life in Spain, and being fluent in it, she would always remain with a pretty strong, needed British accent. Her voice would be very feminine and would be able to speak perfect Japanese. It would be hard for the students not to understand her unless she uses English terms, as her written work for the students may not be what they have seen before. In addition, Lily can speak Spanish and Russian, making it so people can talk to her in other languages if they are not comfortable speaking out loud, or want a private conversation after school. Her bright blue eyes would catch the student's attention, as they have been described as ‘beaming’ before! She would have a clean face, be well looked after, and have a narrow face. She would wear comfortable yet appropriate clothes for the student, making her seem friendly and down to earth. She would always be seeming happy unless she has had a bad start to the day, in which she may become more strict, and not have as many laughs within the class.
Lily's outgoing, helpful and crazy personality would make her different compared to other teachers. She would always try to make her time in town fun and rewarding to others. She would also like to make light-hearted jokes, showing her humour and her funny side to others. Her humour can sometimes be dark and silly but she understands her boundaries. In her 20’s, Lily adopted 5 children, making her perspective on life different as she had to balance her social life with her children, showing that she can multitask, as well as care for others and she is ready to take on even more responsibility. Lily has always gotten on with other teachers, she was always close with Mr Washu Kuzentov, and Allen Black. She always knew this is the path she wanted to lead down, and some teachers would already be familiar with her. Towards students, all Lily wants is for them to be successful in life, but she is very patient. She would have a positive attitude towards students and would want them all to get along with her. Lily's outlook on students would be the golden rule, treat others how you would want to be treated. If students become rude and disrespectful, Lily would not have it. She would be firm and straightforward with them. Showing them that she doesn't always have a friendly face and sometimes can be very serious and annoyed. Within classes, and around the school, Lily does not tolerate bullying, as when she was younger, she was bullied by older children, and she doesn't want this happening to anyone else. She would immediately step in, stopping the situation, and calling for help if it is needed as she doesn't want the situation to carry on.
Another unique trait of Lily’s is that she would always come up to people, during them doing their work and making sure they are doing well, instead of the teacher sitting at the front doing nothing. She would walk around, asking if everyone is okay, seeing what students struggle with and write this down in her notes, knowing that she would have to improve this in future lessons. She doesn't want anyone to fail or miss out on certain information, so she would want to help people as best as she could!
Lily's plans for the future are still uncertain, she would like to stay in the factuality department for a while as she would enjoy it and it is what she would have wanted for a while. She just got an apartment and has space for her kids. She would like to encourage her kids to learn, as most kids turn to crime in Karakura. She would like to lead her kids and others down the same path, making them successful and hoping for great careers for them.

PLEASE NOTE:
If accepted, she has new outfits already being made, meaning she would wear more professional clothing. She is also being reshaded.

IMG_1021.jpg

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what would you do?

Lily herself, can be known to swear, especially when younger but she would try to reframe herself when she became older, and especially within school. She would know the rules within the school and calmly approach the group of students. “What did I hear?” She would say, in a calm and joking manner, as she wouldn't want to annoy or upset the kids, but she would want to show a professional attitude. “Let's not swear guys, we both know it's against the rules, leave that attitude until after school can we?” She would say, knowing that most students would swear out of school and teachers have no control over that. Her saying that would show that on school property, she would want them to understand the rules, but out of school, they are free to discuss the words however they would want. She would finally say “Okay guys, get moving, please! This can be our secret but if I hear you again, I will not be as kind!” She would say with a smile, seeming approachable to the students, letting them know that she can be serious, but she would let them get a chance as everyone can make mistakes, especially if they didn't know Lily was down the corridor

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what would you do?

It's always going to happen that a class is going to be hyperactive and settling these children down, was always going to be a challenge. Lily would first be by her desk, Welcoming the class in, showing a calm and friendly smile, and asking all to calm down in a polite manner. In most cases, this would work. Lily would then have to locate the main issue of why the class is being disruptive, most of the time it is a student that is wanting attention. She would approach the matter, with one student and ask if they are okay, and to keep them distracted, she would ask them to help dish out the books, to keep them busy and not always bored.
If this hadn't solved the issue, she would resort to doing a startup game with the students. An active game that would get their minds going, as well as show Lily what kind of intellectual level her students would be at, as some people may struggle more than others and they may need help! “Hey, class! To get you all going we are going to start off with a game! You will need to Listen or you will all be missing out! We don't want a bad start to the day, do we?” The comment would show power and seriousness, wanting the students to compromise as they wouldn't want detention or any other teachers coming in to tell them off. She would start off the lesson with maybe a true or false, making one area of the class true, and the other false. Getting them to stand up and move around, as is what most students will want to do. Most find it boring to sit in a chair for an hour, and Lily will try to make her classes more interactive!

When in the teacher’s lounge, how does your character act?
Lily would always be shy at first, she would normally wait for someone to approach her and start the conversation, however, with knowing Allen Black and Washu Kuzentov, she would feel more comfortable and would most likely approach the other teachers, showing a calm “hello! How have your classes been?” Being kind and formal to other teachers, seeing how the classes were, as most classes for all teachers will always be hectic. She would grab herself a tea, before sitting down and make herself comfortable, depending on her effort level, she would make some more work for the class or mark some work, as she would always want to keep up to date with the work, as her students have made this effort to do the work, she wants to reciprocate the effort back and make sure her students get their grades back as quick as possible! However, if unavailable to mark work or create any, Lily would check up on the news, see how her children are doing or just make general conversation with other teachers, and see if they can give any help or advice with future classes! As most of them have been longer then she had been.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me’s of your character inside a classroom:

/me
&#e69296&o Would sit by the desk, waiting for the students to appear within the class. When seeing more students come in, she would stand up straight, showing a big goofy smile, and wave her hands at all the students, showing her happiness and excitement for today's lesson! &f” Hello my lovely students! I am Miss Solas! It's lovely to see all of your faces and I can't wait to get to know you all! I am very excited for the new year and can’t wait to see all your faces in my classrooms! I am the new Mathematics teacher, and don't worry, I won't be making the classes boring. I want you &lAll to enjoy maths!” &#e69296&oShe would look around the class to see the eager faces she was surrounded by. She would clap her hands to make sure all attention was on her to settle the class down. &f “Is everyone ready to learn? I'm hoping to have a great year, and to beat all the other classes with how high your grades are gonna be!” &#e69296She would chuckle, at the lighthearted ‘joke’ she would make, that was said in a smiling manner. &f “&lOkay! Everyone get their pens, pencils and rulers out! Maths time!”

/me &#e69296&o Taking out her books from her bag, slowly bending down to reach, she would take out some assessment books, placing them on the desk. She would then stand up, looking around the class, making sure everyone was looking at her! &f'' Well guys, it's time… TEST TIME! Now do not worry, this is your first test, and I expect some people to struggle but I want you all to take your time, and if it isn't completed that is fine, I just want you all to do your best. With the areas people struggle the most with, I will go over, as I want everyone to do their best and to think &oMaths is the best subject!” &#e69296&o With a smile on her face, she would slowly go around, placing books in front of each student as they all sat there. She would continue doing this until all students had books. &f”&lRight! This test requires silence, as much as I do not want to say, any noise will be punished so can we all be good please! Like I said, do not stress, we will go through this again after they are marked. All phones to be turned off and put away. I will be quietly coming round to make sure everyone is okay. If you need anything, silently raise your hand to gain my attention and I'll make my way to you. Does everyone understand? &#e69296&o She would stand behind her desk again, waiting for the students' response, before smiling and finally saying &f”You have until the end of class! Good luck my lovely students!”

/me &#e69296&oWould chuckle at her students' comment, before standing in front of the blackboard and pointing to it. There would be a rectangle with a length of 8cm, and a width of 5cm. She would point at it, wanting an answer. &f”Can anyone tell me what the circumference and area of this rectangle is? First person to raise their hand will get a &l reward token! &L YES! I am feeling nice today. So let me see them hands! &e69296&oShe would patiently wait for the students to solve the maths problem, as she would grab her water bottle and have a sip. She would keep an eye on the class, making sure she doesn't miss the first hand placed up. She saw a hand fly up, looking at the student and saying their name. &f”Yes Alex! Well done, care to explain to the class your workings out and how you came up with the answers?” &#e69296&oShe would have a massive smile plastered on her face, due to her eager students. She would patiently wait for her student to explain before saying &f”Well done! See me after class for your reward token please!”

/me &#e69296&o She would turn her wrist having a look at the watch, seeing the time, realising there is only 5 minutes left before the end of class! &f”Okay guys! You have all been amazing today. I'm really proud of all of your contributions and the work! I'm hoping to see some of you being mathematics when older! As you &lALL have the talent for it! &#e69296&oShe would smile, looking around the class to see the exhausted students, as it was the last class of the day! She would go around collecting the books and placing them all into her bag. &f” "I'm excited to see you all next week! Please enjoy your friday! You deserve a nice break! Don't get into too much trouble please! &#e69296&o She would chuckle, before opening the door to release the herd of students. &f” Thankyou for coming! Have a good day lovelies!”

Backstory

[Birth till the age of 11]
Lily and her sibling Cameron, grew up with separate parents, their dad lived in the United Kingdom and their mother live in Barcelona, Spain. They were first born in England, Southwest London, and lived there until the age of 6. The father was a white British man with blonde hair, who stood at 6 feet and was a very serious businessman. As far as Lily can remember, her dad was work orientated and was always busy. But even with her dad being away a lot, she still was always spoilt by him, being dad's little princess. Her mother was a typical Spanish mother, always having a temper but always showing her love, putting Lily and Cameron before anything else, she was a small, 5'2, tanned woman, who had brown hair, which was only inherited by Cameron. That is when their parents separated. With Lily being a lot older than Cameron, she understood the situation more and it caused more issues with her. Her mother and brother both moved to Spain as Lily's mum wanted to go and live with her parents, so Lily decided to go with them, having a separate connection with her father. Growing up in Spain was life-changing for Lily and her brother. They both loved growing up there. She always travelled around Spain, learning the country as she had to, and made many friends. Lily loved Spain and didn't want to leave. She would stay in some kind of contact with her father, video calling and messaging. But she only visited her father once. And has not seen him since.

[Ages 11-18]
With Lily's mother wanting her to be a successful young woman, Lily was sent to Karakura, in Japan. In hoping to find a good career and placement of living. She had left her brother and mother behind, to start a new journey by herself. She first found a friend called Leon Lester, being the first person to accept her with open arms, and allow her to become friends with him! She felt like she was finally accepted and didn't feel as nervous when finally starting the new school. At this young age, she became friends with people the same age. Cyrus Recrest and August Recrest, were brothers and showed Lily around, helping her with making new friends and accepting her like they had been friends for years. When getting older, Lily branched out to new people and after 4 years of being there, she found her cousins, Albert Solas and Kurista Solas, her mother's sisters' children. She didn't feel lonely anymore and finally felt like she deserved to be there and be happy. Lily lived with Cyrus, August and Leon at first, living the best life she could ask for, she felt happy and surrounded by people whom she had cared for. She would always keep in contact with her mother and brother, sending them messages and video calls whenever she was available. Within classes, Lily would always try her best, she would be the most interested with maths, as she was always better at it. You know how some people say you are either a maths or English person? Yeh... Lily was definitely a maths person. During her teen ages, she got into a stupid incident, which was not her fault and she didn't do anything wrong. Which caused her to be jumped in her house and losing an eye. She knew this would permentately affect her but she kept her positive attitude and tried to carry on with her life. She felt more confident when she has a glass eye put in. She ended up moving, living with 7 other people, It being called the homeless shelter. This was one of the best times of her life, as she felt happy and surrounded by people who showed her Love and fun! After her many years of being in high school, she finally decided to take the college exam, and just passed!

[Ages 18-21]
When passing into college, Lily took her actions in life more seriously, as she understood that there was no going back now. She started to do more revision for classes and taking on notes. She got her first ID at the age of 20, and she was able to do stuff more freely, she had more freedom. With this freedom, she decided it was time for a change, so she moved in with her close friends, Johnny Reeves and Allen Vidal. She also had a spurt of wisdom and hope. A child called Klish, asked to be adopted. And that is where Lily wanted to be a mother, she wanted to have that caring attitude towards others and she was more than ready for the responsibility. She ended up adopting Anita, Knish, Beau and Dahn. Her attitude changed and she realised that this is the change she needed. She wanted this and was ready for any of the challenges that come with it. Also at the age of 20, Lily finally found her brother, Cameron, as she found out that her mother also sent her brother here. Lily found Cameron and they became even closer, Lily introducing him to her kids, and him being accepted into the family. Lily ended up majoring in Maths, graduating at the age of 21 with an overall GPA of 3.5. She wanted to continue this and decided to go onto a teaching course, to learn more and the needed applications.

[Ages 21-26]
At these ages, Lily kept to herself, looking after her kids and making friends. She got a new place, where her and her child, Beau lived. She kept out of any issues within the city and became closer friends with Washu, and Bel the governor. They became even better friends, making jokes, with a funny tone. Lily really enjoyed hanging out with them, and she use to question Washu about how he felt about teaching, and what it was like. She was always intrigued about being a teacher, and with her major of Maths, she wanted to follow this, and become a maths teacher! She felt inspired. She would get help from washu, learning the steps of how to deal with children, she would even visit his classroom, and write down notes, to see what kind of activities he comes up with, and how he deals with bad behaviour without getting upset and being patient with them all. Washu was a jokey teacher which the children loved, and Lily knew that she wanted that kind of connection with her future students! She started off private tutoring students at home, helping them with maths and science, she would very much enjoy this.

[Age 27]
At the age of 27, she decided to find a job, she had been hunting for one for a while and wanted to do something she enjoyed. With the help of others, she was encouraged to join Karakura High school as a mathematics teacher.

In-Character Information

Section #1 - Personal Details.

Full name:

Lily Solas.
Title:
Miss
Given Name(s):
Lily, Lil.
Preferred Name:
Miss Solas. - In school
Lily. - Out of school

Religious Denomination:
Atheist.
Marital Status:
Single.

Nationality:
White, British.
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan.

Section #2 - Academic Details.

Working Experience (# of years):

2 years of private tutoring, mobile. Middle and high school. Teaching primarily maths, but sometimes biology, science and physics.

Academic Degree:
Master's Degree.

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Mathematics, Geometry.

Minor(s):
Psychology, Criminal adds.

Native Languages:
Spanish.

Other Languages:
English, Japanese and Russian.

Do you have a TELF/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?
Yes, Did a part-time TELF course online, in 2020. Passing in December, with an A.

Additional Notes:

Thankyou for reading it all, It means a lot!.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your application! Welcome to the Highschool Teacher faction, you'll start your journey off as an Unqualified Teacher (UT).

- Your application has excellent detail​

What happens now?
Once you have been given your roles in the Academics Discord you will be pinged regarding Teacher Training from a HD (Head of Department), or myself. Once you have completed training you will receive your classroom and access to start your own classes.

* If you have further questions, feel free to contact me via the teacher channels in Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread