Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
derekhale862.

How old are you?:
15 Years of age.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No I do not.

What Country are you from?:
Born in the United Kingdom and still here.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): derekhale#2042

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes I do.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand and I would stay active.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes, and I will document it all if I get the position.

Describe your activity on the server & the forums?: At the moment of making this application, I only will use one account which would be my Derek L. Shinaya because it is my main account and Im not planning on getting an alt anytime soon. and on the forums I like to chat to people in the call's.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?: No they are unable to access at the time being but as far as I know I did 3 applications and all 3 got denied because the spots were full in the place I was trying to apply for.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
ICly and in the future OOCly I am motivated to be a teacher. IRL I love to help people with homework and help new students at my school with their problems. ICly I would like to do original activities with my class so the students would be interested even more in the subjects I give. I am also very active on both the server as the forums (weekdays around 8 hours, Saturday and Sunday around 8-12 hours). I would also like to contribute to the school by being a very active teacher. So in short, I think I would enjoy being a teacher and would also make free time for the job.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: Yes I do, I have been playing roleplay on a different server as a family. Because the server is dead and very toxic I decided to leave that server and going to SchoolRP. In the first few days, I was not familiar with the rules of schoolRP so I played the server with the rules open on my second window and asking the staff about the rules I did not understand. Now I do understand all the rules and enjoying the SchoolRP roleplays. Besides that, I am still learning certain types of roleplay and willing to learn them.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: Yes, I have and I will follow it if I get the position.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: The classroom logs is a document that describes everything that happens in a classroom and what the teacher does. This is very important to see if the teacher is doing their job well and fulfils their position and maybe earns a promotion.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: If I would want to start a school field trip, I would plan a meeting with one of the VP's to discuss what is necessary, what the school field trip is about and to get approval for the school field trip. I would also discuss the things that are needed for the school field trip. Besides that, I would try to get assistance from a teaching-assistant to have extra eyes to not lose any students. When this all is discussed and the trip is approved by the VP I would inform my students before the trip is happening and write them all down so we won't lose any student while we are doing the field trip. We would meet at a discussed place, wait till everyone is there and start the field trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Strict rules that a teacher need to follow when being in a class are:
- A teacher shall never use physical nor shall they use mental violence against any student.
- A teacher shall never discriminate any student in any way.
- A teacher shall never favourite any student and will never give any student the feeling that another student is better than him/her.
- A teacher shall never put a student at risk.
- No teacher shall use any type of illegal contraband in class or on the school grounds.
- A teacher shall never accept a bribe from any student.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I have a lot of RP experience's. I started playing RP's around 2 years ago on a weird survival RP server, where you could start a family and RP like its a normal life. After that, I have played several CityRP's on Gmod and Roblox. because I did not like those games, I switched back to Minecraft RP servers and played some more/other CityRP servers. I don't play on those servers anymore because or they are not online anymore or no-one plays on it anymore. Besides that, I also hosted a private RP server to play with my IRL friends. On SchoolRP I play AnimalRP besides the normal SchoolRP, most times when the school is closed I play on my Cat account and when school is open I am online as Derek L. Shinaya I like SchoolRP and AnimalRP and any other kind of RP that's normal, not weird, RP.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD:
Head of Department - The teacher with this role is in charge of their respective department. If there is a dispute on how a certain subject must be taught, they get the final say. They also should get the final say in other similar matters where the rest of the applicable teachers don’t agree.

- QTLS: Qualified Teacher with Learning Skills - Teachers who have this badge thoroughly understand the subject and have teaching experience.

- NQT: New Qualified Teacher - These teachers are new in their teaching career. They must consult the Head of Department on how and when they are teaching.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

OOC Teachers are some of the most important people in modern society. They are the ones preparing children and young adults for their jobs. They prepare children for being an adult and have a large influence on the path the student choose in their future. IC Teachers are very important since there would no schoolRP without teachers. They serve the purpose of teaching students subjects ICly but more importantly, teachers are serving an essential position in the SchoolRP since there would be no school without teachers.

About how the teachers teach, OOC teachers should teach students to the best of their ability. They should also keep them motivated to pay attention during the lessons. They will also give out tests every once in a while to check if they have acquired sufficient knowledge about the thought subjects. If the student does not possess the required knowledge, the teacher should help them with it and give them extra work. In my IRL school, the lessons are mostly lectures and if there is extra time we will begin working on our homework or preparing for the test. ICly, teachers would also teach students things, but this is way less serious than OOC. IC teachers should not copy the same lessons over and over again like OOC teachers sometimes do. Because the students can decide to go to the same lesson more often than other students, all lessons should be as unique as possible to keep the players interested in going to lessons. So in short, OOC teachers teach to prepare students for the future and the upcoming tests. IC teachers teach less seriously to make sure the students are interested in the classes given.

About what salary they get. In my country (United Kingdom) real-life teachers get an average of £35,971 each month, to their opinion they are underpaid. They are demonstrating and going on strike because of this. ICly teachers get 250.000 Yen.

Out-of-game teachers would do nothing special in their spare time, they just do things that other adults do. Though there is a minor difference. If teachers don't get the work done they have to do, they will have to spend time outside of their normal hours to finish it. Think of checking tests or homework from students, or creating practise material. A large difference between out-of-game and in-game is that you don't have to sleep in-game, so teachers have more time to do other activities like the other adults would do.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are important to SchoolRP servers because this type of roleplay is based on a school. A school has two main aspects, teachers and students. If there were no teachers on a school-based server, you could not say it is a school-based server. Besides that do teachers also have an important role in guiding students, if a student has a question, this student would likely ask a teacher.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system the school works on is the must have, should have and could have system. Also known as the MoSCo method.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

The name.

The name Derek L. Shinaya is made from Mrs, Hale and Mr, Hale were his parents and but the reason why his name is now Derek L. Shinaya is because Lee is his middle name and I got invited to the Shinaya family after his parents sadly died because his dad died during combat in the U.S Army and his mother committed suicide because of all the grief and pain she was going through after her husband died.

His appearance.

His height is a whopping size of 6'1 currently at the age of 19, he would be a light tanned skin tone, He'd have dark black hair and wear's white glasses occasionally.

His personality.
Derek's personality would be a very kind young man that is sorta shy occasionally when it comes to people that he is not sure about or maybe people that he might like, His family is a wealthy family which means he has had a very good education in his previous younger years, And to be honest he would rather stay in the school than rather stay at home because he has friend's in the school and he has no one to talk to outside of school or is maybe even willing to stay with him all day, At some point in his mind he felt like he didn't belong where he was put but when he grown more into the activities. Then he eventually just made a bunch of new friends and a great family that looks after him enough to make him the man he is to this very day.

Outlook on Students.
Derek thinks that the students are the most important people in the school, He doesn't like to give bad grades. But sometimes he has too give bad grades to people that need to work better in the class. He knows how hard High school is and he really wants to help as many students as possible because of his history of when he was a normal high school kid. He tries to be there for all of his students for in and out of school situations that they cant deal with alone and he always likes to help with any question's they might want to ask him.

Outlook on Teachers.
Just as Derek is with his students in the school he would treat his fellow colleagues with the same respect that he gives students and he would sometimes want to learn from more experienced teacher's to correct and improve any of his wrong doings.

What makes Derek special.

Derek is special because of his history and how he deals with situations in a unique way, That makes him what he is today, Derek has good banter and he loves to share it sometimes but sometimes he would rather not say it because people might either take it the wrong way and get mad or it might just cause people to be sad which would never be his intentions.

Future plans for Derek.
Derek wanted to be a teacher ever since he got rid of his social problems, Derek's plan is to stay as a teacher until he becomes ready for retirement and he loves to work with people, And he wants to be able to help anybody he can if he gets the place, Derek had a good education and is very good at Math and P.E, And with either job he wishes to share his knowledge about either one of them subjects to the next generation of people that might come up in the future weeks, months and years ahead.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would confront them and make sure they stop with what they are doing now. I would warn them that if I see them doing it again there will be consequences. If they still continue with this kind of behaviour I would report them to the VP and make sure they won't harass my students.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: I would calmly start the lesson, hand out the books and give them time to calm down. (OOC this works for my teachers). If they still do not listen to what I say, I would first ask in a friendly manner for everyone to be quiet. If that doesn't work, I would punish the people who are instigating the chaos.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Derek would try to get to know his colleagues and would always try to have a nice talk with his colleagues about how the day was and other friendly topics. Besides that Derek would be grading tests and assignments the students made or copying books and preparing for his next class.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me he'd humming around in the classroom while handing out books to the students.
/me he'd wave his hand before the eyes of [name] to get his attention.
/me he’d write the following with chalk on the school board: “The first one who has the answer on this task will get one point.”
/me he’d sit down on his chair ticking with a pencil while the students are taking the test.
/me he’d look over the class to see if someone has raised their hand.

Backstory
Derek L. Shinaya was born in The United Kingdom, London he was growing up there when his mother was born in london and his father was born in America, So Derek is half british and half american, One day it was his 6th birthday and his mother would be watching him as he would open his gifts, then we get a polite knock at the door and when he opened the door it was a man in a very smart uniform and gave him the news that changed his life forever. His father sadly died in combat in the U.S Army, him and his mother was broken for many months and then at the age when he was 11 his mother committed suicide because of the pain she was going through, So at this point he was taken by social services and got put in a adopting family and stayed they until he was about 17, Then he decided to go and live at the place where his parents loved the most which was Japan, Karakura. It was a beautiful place and it was full of the most friendly people you can think of then one day he met a few friends that decided to take him in as a part of there family, So on that note he became a Shinaya and ever since then he has learned many things, doing really good in school and also choosing what he would like to do as a job and he decide he would like to do teaching because he always knew his real parents wanted to always teach everyone a useful lesson each day, So he is going to follow his heart and try his hardiest to succeed and hopefully get to his dream goal teaching as a teacher and honoring his parents in his own little way.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details.

Full Name: Derek 'Lee' Shinaya.
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Derek L. Shinaya.
Preferred Name: Derek.

Religious Denomination: Not Religious.
Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: English.
Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION 2: Academic Details.

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0 (But i do act as a teaching assistant in room 212 sometime and i do a really good job there).
Working Experience (# of years): 3.

Academic Degree: Bachelor's.

Year of Graduation: 2015.
Major(s): P.E, Maths.
Minors: ICT.

Native Languages: English.
Other Languages: none.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: no.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Maths.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
None.
Do you have any questions?: None.

Thank you! For taking the time to read my application.

D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- Wonderful application, I'm especially happy that you addressed every part of the 'Character Knowledge' section.

Please DM me on Discord to have your roles sorted out - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread