Level 12

MAYA HART

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Yodinhaa

Previous bans:

None.

Describe your activity on the server?:

I am very active on the SRP server, as I am part of the College Track Team my activity is monitored and I am fully aware that in case I need to be absent, I would make an Inactivity Log. In conclusion, I spend five hours or more on SRP. It is pretty rare for me to spend more than 2 days without logging into the server, just when I'm taking college exams.

Which timezone are you in?:

GMT -3/ BRT.

Do you have discord? If so what is it?:

julia#4780

Do you have a microphone [Obligatory]:

Yes i do.

List your current and past applications:

This is my first time applying for any city related positions, however, i also applied for:

LORE- TEAM (https://schoolrp.net/threads/lore-team-application.36907/) - PENDING

French (https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application-3.35692/) - ACCEPTED

Portuguese (https://schoolrp.net/threads/portuguese-application.31429/ ) - ACCEPTED

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:

I use DETAIL RP on my main account, with my character Venus. In addition to doing detailed actions simply because I like to roleplay and it's a great way to show my character's personality, I'm also part of the Track Team, and that's why I train DETAIL RP a lot in practices, among other events I need to be more detailed.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our medical team?:

I am a person who likes to talk a lot, and I have always enjoyed helping my friends and people present in my life. People close to me always joke that I would make a great psychiatrist, and that's what made me want to apply for EMS. That way, I could not only improve my detail RP, but also get new experiences in School Rp completely different from what I'm used to, and do something I already really enjoy doing in my personal life: helping people and giving advice.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, Psychiatrist):

I am applying to be a psychiatrist, because as I mentioned in the question above, I think that psychiatry is something that suits me a lot, as it is an area in which the professional is in contact with the patient's mind and life in a way very intimate and deep, and it is also an area that encompasses several areas of medicine.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:

Psychiatry:

They are experts in mental health. They are responsible for diagnosing people with mental illness, and have a deep understanding of how mental and physical health correlate.
They are responsible for creating a treatment and recovery plan for their patients, in addition to monitoring their mental and physical progress or return.
Psychiatrists not only diagnose patients, but provide all the necessary mental support throughout treatment and recovery.

Categorise all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

CLINICAL LEAD
Group of people with more experience and time at EMS. They are the ones who take the lead and coordinate the entire division.

HEAD DOCTOR
As the name specifies, he is the one who runs the Doctors division at EMS, they are responsible for this division and who has the most experience in this role.

HOSPITAL DOCTOR
They are the EMS Doctors, usually taking care of minor injuries and treating illnesses. They have a general knowledge of medicine and are led by the Head of the division.

HEAD SURGEON
As the name specifies, they are the one who heads the EMS Surgeons division, they’re responsible for that division, and they’re the ones with the most experience in this role.

HOSPITAL SURGEON
Surgeons are the ones who…. do surgeries! They have great knowledge of the human body and take care of this part of medicine, something doctors cannot do alone. They treat more serious cases of injuries such as gunshot wounds. Besides, of course, general surgeries such as transplants and others.

HEAD PSYCHIATRIST
As the name specifies, they are in charge of the Psychiatrists division of EMS, they are responsible for that division and have the most experience in this role.

HOSPITAL PSYCHIATRIST
It is the division that has the most knowledge about the human mind. They are the ones who treat illnesses that are not always physical such as depression, anxiety, personality disorders. Psychiatrists are highly trained to know how to deal with people and identify the mental illnesses that can occur.

Are you aware of the basic medical emergency colour codes? If so, with their meanings, specify all those you’re aware of:

Code Blue: used when heart or respiration stops.

Code Brown: used to indicate severe weather as thunderstorms, downbursts, tornadoes, blizzards between others.

Code Grey: used when there is a combative person such as parents, visitors, staff, patients, between others

Code Pink: used when there is an infant abduction.

Code Red: used when there is fire, although, it also can be used when there is someone smoking in the facility.

Code Silver: used when there is a weapon or a hostage situation.

Code White: usually used when there is a neonatal emergency.

Code Black: used when there is a bomb threat.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I absolutely acknowledge that, and I agree with any decision my superiors make regarding my position at the hospital.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

Yes, I recognize that applying for a hospital position requires extreme dedication and willingness, and I made sure I would be available for those duties.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished [Demoted]?

Yes, I understand perfectly. Training is sorely needed for me to be qualified to work at the hospital, and I understand the consequences if I don't attend them while I'm online.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

Yes, I've learned from my time playing on this server to separate icly and oocly situations, and I think it's extremely important to know how to keep things in the roleplay in character.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character, how they look, what makes them unique?

Maya is a black woman, with a flashy smile and big eyes. Her hair is very dark, long and curly and goes down to her waist. She is an intelligent woman, full of dreams and full of life. She has a loud, lively laugh and a kind heart.
There's a lot about Maya that people don't know, and they do know when they spend quality time with her. Maya is passionate about fashion, cooking and karaoke nights where she can sing songs from the musical Mamma Mia over and over. Maya is passionate about life, nature, and likes to live life according to what her horoscope says. She's a nerd, big brain and passionate about science and biology, but she's also a girl who believes in people's energy, in the humor of the universe and faithfully believes that her pet snake is, in fact, her guardian angel.

What she's like on and off the job?

Maya handles her patients differently. She believes her work method should mirror who she is. She enjoys seeing her patients outdoors, sitting on the floor, or even holding an appointment while they cook together. She is very sensitive, which is why Maya believes that the way she behaves at work, while remaining professional, should also be light, fun and dynamic. And the same is true outside of work. She is an extremely sociable and helpful person. She knows how to balance time alone and in the company of others, as well as, over time, she learned to balance life inside the office and hospital with life outside her work environment.

Outlook on her co-workers? Plans for the future?

Perhaps because of her profession or simply because of her personality, Maya has a bad habit of trying to read people. With a simple conversation, she can decide whether or not she likes the "energy" the person transmits. And that's what defines her relationship with others for her. Maya is a very helpful person and is always willing to help others. She loves meeting new people and has a passion for new adventures, on or off the job. For this reason, she has always managed to maintain a healthy and light relationship with her co-workers.
As for plans for the future, she has several. Maya likes to be adventurous, but she also keeps a mental list of all the things she plans to achieve in the future. Like, for example, creating a rehabilitation and support program for her most severely ill patients. Or volunteer to help people in precarious hospitals around the world. But she also plans simple things for the future, like what she's going to eat the next morning or when she's going to adopt another pet snake.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgement to?

Due to her family history, Maya may develop breast cancer. But she takes precautions by always checking her health with her doctor. She also maintains a balanced diet and exercises daily.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)

Maya was born and raised in Brazil, in the center of the metropolis São Paulo. She was born perfectly healthy, unlike her twin sister, who was born with a breast tumor. Because of her sister's cancer, Maya's childhood and part of her adolescence were in hospitals and doctors' offices. Unfortunately, her sister did not resist after long years of struggle, making Maya learn what mourning was from an early age. Concerned about their daughter developing depression, Maya's parents found a psychiatrist and the****** for her at an early age. But unlike what her relatives thought, Maya did not develop an aversion to hospitals and medical offices, rather, she fell in love with medicine. As a very young girl, Maya knew her heart and soul was in medicine. As she grew up to become a studious, focused and purposeful woman, she also studied to become a doctor.
As soon as she graduated from high school in Brazil, she moved to Japan to study medicine as soon as she earned a full scholarship to college. A lot of her family already lived there, so Maya's adaptation was light and without much friction. It was part of her personality to adapt easily to new environments, but nothing was as easy as falling in love with Japan. Especially Karakura, the city she moved to after finishing her years of residency in medical school. There, she fell in love with culture, food and people. For that, and several other reasons, it was there, in Karakura, that Maya decided to live for the rest of her life.
Currently, when she has time to travel, she visits her family in Brazil, or they come to stay in her small apartment. But despite all the difficulties she went through, being a foreigner and a black woman, she considers herself a very successful woman.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Maya Hart

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Miss Hart.

Characters Given Name(s):

Maya.

Characters Preferred Name:

Maya.

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:

Female.

Characters Religious Domination:

Christian.

Characters Marital Status:

Single.

Characters Nationality:

Fully Brazilian.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

4 years.

Working Experience(s):

Six months of volunteering at the hospital in Bahia, in Brazil.

A year and a half working officially as assistant chief of psychiatry at a rehabilitation clinic in Tokyo.

Two years as a psychiatrist in a hospital in Tokyo.

Academic Degree:

Master's degree.

Year of Graduation:

High School Graduation: 2005

College Graduation: 2012

Major(s):

Psychology

Minor(s):

Neuroscience.

Native Languages:

Portuguese.

Other Languages: