Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

MazerBlade.

Discord Name & Tag:
Maze#5657

Previous bans:
I have no previous bans.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on SchoolRP depends on the day. Normally, I have classes and work so it really depends on when I will be on; I can be on SRP for 3-5 hours during weekdays and up to 6-7 hours on weekends.

Which timezone are you in?

My timezone is CET.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

Language Applications:
Korean Language Application {Accepted}
French and Korean Language Application #1{Denied}
French Language Application #2{Accepted}
Icelandic Language Application #1 {Denied}
Icelandic Language Application, Third Language Authorization #2{Denied}
Icelandic Language Application, Third Language Authorization #3 {Denied)
THIRD LANGUAGE AUTHORIZATION APPLICATION #4 {Accepted}

What is your motivation for applying?:

In my local area, the police have made a positive impact through the work they have been doing to reduce crime and the impact of crime. I have actually noticed a difference in the area I live, and I would like to be part of the police team that strives to improve the community, even in the roleplay. I understand there are many factors to the role of a police officer, and having studied the job description and the competencies in detail, I strongly believe I have what it takes to become a competent police officer. For example, I am disciplined, organized, professional and observant and have the life experience to become a positive role model for the police force. I am now at the stage in my life where I am looking for a greater challenge and I believe that challenge will come, if I am fortunate enough, by working as a police officer within your force. I’ve always had a dream of becoming a police officer in real life. I want to help people build trust and respect for the police. Treat people of all backgrounds fairly. Work to help people understand the law better. Make people feel safe and secure. I’ve always felt a calling to the service to be honest. I’ve been raised in a way to respect the rules and laws, to behave, to treat people the way I’d like them to treat me. I just want to help restore the order in this server. Sure enough, I cannot become a politician or a lawmaker with my education. But I still believe I can have some impact on society, making sure that criminals do not ruin the lives of other people, at least in this city. Honestly I realize how bad it is on the server, all the challenges you face with drug dealing, home violence, and other issues. I would love to help address them. That’s the reason no. 1 of my career choices.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I would say that I have a decent amount of knowledge for Police work. Police officer skills are a combination of technical and interpersonal skills that allow police officers to complete their job duties effectively. This includes completing investigative work, working as a team, communicating with the public and paying attention to small details. Some of the common beneficial skills used by police officers are: active listening, Persuasiveness, attention to detail, physical stamina, community awareness, critical thinking, interpersonal communication, morality, First Aid and CPR, empathy, teamwork, assertiveness and courage.
There are also some important tasks an officer has to complete, such as: patrol, CCTV, apartment raids, bails and arrests, desk work and training.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

A Police Officer serves to maintain law and order in local areas by protecting members of the public and their property, preventing crime, reducing the fear of crime and improving the quality of life for all citizens. Just as in any other place, Police are important to SchoolRP, considering all the GangRP happening. Police help restore the order and Police help with keeping the balance in the server.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I do acknowledge this. I know that there may be several reasons why this might happen. I promise not to overreact about it and to still respect the higher ups even if I get demoted.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

Yes, I do acknowledge this. I know that this role takes 100% dedication and I promise to be dedicated to it. I understand what I am getting into, and I also understand there is a huge responsibility that comes with this role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I acknowledge this and I understand. If I am online whilst the training is being held, I promise to attend it. I know how much training is important for this role.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Mazikeen Smith.

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Female, she/her.

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

College Bachelor.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

Besides Japanese, Mazikeen is proficient in French, Korean and Icelandic.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Mazikeen Smith is a French-Korean female, standing at the height of 5’7”. Small and delicate-featured. Pretty in a flawed, accessible way. Her blue eyes peered out through a wild tangle of hair like those of a cornered animal. She’d have an athletic build and a curvaceous body, she'd have delicate hands with a few bruises and calluses from working out. She’d have French and Korean facial attributes, her eyes having protruding eye shape. Her long brunette hair would be straight with some volume, naturally it'd have some fluff to it but she keeps it brushed tidily. She would have rosy cheeks with dimples. Mazikeen would also carry an unmistakable voice, mostly due to the mixture of her French and Korean accent. She’d speak softly in a moderate tone, yet could raise her voice to a powerful level in an instant if she needed to.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

Professionally Mazikeen takes her job very seriously and alongside that she takes losing it very seriously. She connects more to investigations since that was the reason she got into this job in the first place. She has a big soft spot reserved in her heart for victims, she prefers figuring out the situation as a way of comfort for the victim. In casual situations, like with her friends, she’s fun to be around, she likes to make jokes every now and then to lighten up a situation, she is also very mature in her friend groups which makes her the ‘mom friend’.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Mazikeen has a deep respect for her co-workers, even for the ones she’s not well acquainted with. She thinks that a team can achieve far more than any individual working alone. But through teamwork, a team should be able to achieve far more than all of the individual members working alone. It takes more than one brilliant mind to achieve a goal, especially as the issues we're trying to solve become more complex, no single person has all of the information, context, and skills needed. It takes a team for great ideas to come to life. One day, she wishes that she and the other officers come close enough that they’ll be able to go off duty with one another and that she will be the first person that they think of and can call for help whenever in a serious situation.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

Mazikeen is both. She is a leader when it comes to making decisions in her life having to do with work, recreation, lifestyle etc. But she’s a follower when it comes to working with those (Elders, Coworkers, Teachers) who know and have experienced more than her in life, especially in the areas of athletics, spirituality, entrepreneurship etc.That being said, when in a leadership role - whether in her personal life or professional life - a part of that role remembers the power of being a follower (eg., listening, learning, being of service); Likewise, when in a role that requires being a follower of a leader - a part of that role remembers the power of being a leader (eg., proactivity, taking risks, self-discipline). The two roles are intrinsically connected - a crucial point which most articles and posts on the topic fail to address. (Popular thinking, unfortunately, neglects the space between these apparent opposites.) Which brings up another point that by virtue of the question, Mazikeen is compelled to answer. And that is that it’s a disadvantage to identify as either a Leader OR a Follower. Because in doing so you’re choosing to identify with one half of a whole way of being in the world. And a way of being that is neither leader - obsessed; of follower - obsessed. But balanced by virtue of being an integration of both.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Early life:

Mazikeen Smith was born on October 19th in Bordeaux, France, as an only child in the family. Even though she was born in France, her parents decided that it would be best if they moved to Korea, in her father’s hometown Busan. Mazikeen’s father was heavily involved with crime and he would frequently engage in illegal activities, which made life harder and dangerous. From an early age, Mazikeen had a whole different perspective on the world, specifically on crime since it was bluntly exposed to her because of her father which made Mazikeen despise criminals and it pushed her onto the other side towards the Law Enforcement. This is the time when Mazikeen realized her love and passion for the police. The whole stress over her alcoholic criminal father made Mazikeen’s parents get a divorce, this led to Mazikeen living with her mother by the age of 8. Mazikeen lived a very happy and peaceful life with her mother, this only encouraged her more to study and push herself harder to make her mother proud. Mazikeen was very mature for her age and people noticed this. She had good grades, good behavior, and followed her mother’s footsteps. Everything was perfect. Considering Mazikeen’s school success made her mother send her to a better school so that Mazikeen could have a better life and hopefully meet some friends, she also wanted to get her away from Korea so she doesn’t have to run into her father as much and she wanted to get her away from all the danger and crime. So she did, Mazikeen was 15 when she left Korea and moved to Karakura.

Moving to Karakura:

Upon moving, Mazikeen was very alone, it took her some time to make friends and to get started with her new life. Moving to such a different and uncaring environment only made Mazikeen more aware of the situation the town was in. All the gangs running around causing trouble and chaos to the citizens only inspired her more to study for the Law Enforcement. Mazikeen would also run into police officers from time to time. She grew to admire them and hopefully one day work hard enough to be one of their colleagues. Mazikeen would get in a few fights just for the sake of protecting her friends but she kept a good reputation throughout her educational career, avoiding any sort of crime. When Mazikeen was 17 she got a call from her grandparents where they told her that her mother has been brutally murdered. Mazikeen took the first plane and got to Korea, she couldn’t believe that such a tragedy happened. She was crushed. Unfortunately, the police couldn’t finish the investigation and they didn’t investigate it properly due to the lack of suspects and clues so they decided to close the case. Mazikeen was furious and so upset over this. She believed every case should have the same amount of effort put into it. Despite the lack of clues, she felt the ordeal was unfair. She felt pressured to take this into her own hands. Mazikeen soon began to resonate with the phrase “If you want something, do it yourself.” She gave a promise to herself that once she finishes her education that she will try her best to re-open the case and try to solve it herself.

College:

By the time Mazikeen got to college, all of the past events made her stronger, not having her mother in her life was hard but she decided to stay strong since she knew that’s what her mother would want. Mazikeen knew that she only wanted to get into Law Enforcement after successfully completing college. She also decided to sign up for an internship program which would give her a better perspective and knowledge about her future job. Over the years, Mazikeen developed a strong hatred for crime and a strong moral code, which led to her decision to pursue a career in Law Enforcement. After graduating Criminology and Criminal Justice in University she continued to train for 3 years until she was fully ready to take on the job as a police officer.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

A pocket knife is a minor illegal weapon, therefore you cannot own a pocket knife.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription:
Paracetamol » Typically used to relieve mild pain or aches. It can also help reduce a high temperature (fever).
2. Lactulose » Treats constipation, along with treating or preventing complications of liver disease.
3. Surgical Mask » Intended to be worn by health professionals during surgery and during nursing to catch the bacteria shed in liquid droplets and aerosols from the wearer's mouth and nose.
4. Bandaid » A piece of material used either to support a medical device such as a dressing or splint, or on its own to provide support to or to restrict the movement of a part of the body.
5. Eyepatch » A piece of bandage wrapped around an eye which is injured

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

Mazikeen would talk to them and try to reason with them and try to get them to stop. If this doesn’t work, then she’ll call other officers for help and wait for them to come and help her. If no officers are available, then she’ll try to handle this sort of situation herself by separating the officer and an inmate, checking up on the inmate to see how badly injured they are.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

She would calmly approach them, trying to talk them out of it and reason with them, looking over to them to make sure that nothing bad happens or that nobody gets hurt. If the co-worker doesn’t stop, she’ll try and separate them, then she’ll check to see if anyone was injured and she’ll make sure everyone is okay and give them comfort. However, she won’t lecture the two, she’ll let the higher ups judge and punish them for their actions.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

Mazikeen would do a deep research about this matter, she’ll try her best to get all the information and proof needed about the officer who’s being corrupt. After collecting all the proof, she’ll immediately report it to the higher ups. She’d make sure that no officer gets away with this.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

Mazikeen would tell them to stop trying to bribe her, if they continue with their trying, she’ll immediately arrest them.​

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread