Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

Meek_Villian

What is your discord name & tag?:
Meek_Villian#3587

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity is sporadic due to schoolwork and personal activities. Still, I try to stay on for two to three hours at a time when I'm available. I usually have more time to spare during weekends and can go for about four hours.

What is your timezone?:
CDT

List your current and past applications:
German application - Accepted

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
While SRP is the first Minecraft-based roleplay server I've joined, it is not the first roleplay I've done. Before Srp, I tended to participate in one-shot roleplays with friends. After a while, I decided to join longer and more permanent roleplays. Eventually, I stumbled upon SRP and joined in early December of 2021. Since then, I've enjoyed my time here, but I want to expand my horizons.

What is your motivation for applying?
I want to explore other forms of roleplay on this server. I've always admired EMS and wished to learn from them. Joining the hospital faction would be a great way to expand and improve on my roleplaying abilities. Hospital roleplay has always intrigued me, and I've wanted to learn more about it. Psychology is something that has also intrigued me. I'm fascinated by the human mind, how it works, and how things affect it. Hopefully, by joining the Hosiptial faction, I can focus on my interest in psychology while roleplaying with others.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):

Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Hospital work requires a lot of time and energy to do. Each field of study requires years and years of experience. Even then, one may decide to study even more for sub-specialties. In SRP, the hospital faction is divided into three mini-factions, which work together to bring their patients the best possible care.

Medical Fellowship
A doctor can apply to join a fellowship after they finish medical school. Fellowships usually take one to three years to compete. They are entirely optional. Fellowships allow doctors to become experts in subspecialties. Doctors also gain skills that could've taken them much longer to figure out alone.

Residency
All doctors must complete a minimum of three years of residency. Though it can fluctuate depending on the specialty practiced. Until a doctor completes their residency, they must be supervised by attending physicians.

Doctors
Doctors are what most people think of when they hear hospital staff. They diagnose, treat, and prevent illness and injuries during checkups and other appointments. Checkups are regularly done and coordinated in advance to confirm that the patient is in good health. Doctors can specialize in certain kinds of care. Examples are family medicine, pediatrics, infectious disease, cardiology, and anesthesiology.

Surgeons
Surgeons are specialty doctors who focus on surgery. They spend their time planning surgeries, operating on patients, and following their health to guarantee the surgery did not cause any complications. Surgeons usually have a lengthier residency.

Psychiatrists
Psychiatrists are doctors who specialize in mental health. They are devoted to treating, preventing, studying, and diagnosing mental disorders. Psychiatrists can work in an office or work in a clinic. Similar to doctors, they can specialize. Areas that psychiatrists can specialize in include sleep, child, adolescent, pain, and forensic psychiatry.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I acknowledge that I am subjected to being demoted at any given time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I acknowledge that I am agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hosptial Staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge I am expected to attend training If I am online.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I will not take things OOCly.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Ramona Gallardo Lozano

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female, she/they

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Ramona went to study abroad in Argentina for her college years. During her time there, she majored in Psychology and minored in Biology, earning a master's degree. They later completed medical school there as well.

Character’s Nationality:
Bolivian

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Catholic

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese, Spanish (will be applying for later)

Backstory (100+ Words)
Ramona had always been timid since she was a child. She preferred books over sports and class over lunch. A nerd, in a sense. Causing her to be the unfortunate target of bullying. The way her hand shot up during classes, the facts that tumbled out her mouth the instant she thought of them. Her classmates even declared her hair and eyes too Christmassy for their liking. Eventually, Ramona had enough of it. She stopped raising her hand during classes. She stopped telling facts and even tried to dye her hair with markers. In the end, Ramona’s parents moved her out of that school, separating Ramona from any remaining friends and causing her to put everything into studying her fascination, psychology.

During their teen years, Ramona held themself back in fear of becoming a target of bullying again. They avoided parties, heavy drinking, and smoking. Despite their best efforts, others saw them as a goody two shoes rather than uninterested. Eventually, Ramona caved.

One spring afternoon, while Ramona’s parents were still working, she stole their alcohol, deciding to drink it all in a blaze of glory. The time ticked by, seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, and hours turned into the click of the front door. Her parents were home. Ramona scrambled out of her bedroom window- she couldn’t allow them to see her like this! Cuts and sc****s collected on her legs and arms as she tumbled down the roof. A deafening snap seemingly rang throughout the city. She had broken her ankle. Still, despite it all, Ramona continued with her escape plan. As far as Ramona was concerned, she had succeeded.

Eventually, Ramona had to come clean once the infection on her leg became severe. Their parents rushed them to the hospital. Still, it was too late. The lower part of Ramona’s right leg had to be amputated. They would deal with phantom pain for the rest of their life.

Ramona moved on. She learned how to work with the loss of her leg and continued with her studies. Still, it affected Ramona. She promised herself that she would never touch another drop of liquor again. The moment Ramona got out of high school, she moved to Argentina to study psychology. After four years, she earned her bachelors with a major in psychology and a minor in biology. Once she was twenty-four years old, she started medical school, and after another four years, she could finally begin her residency. With her residency over, Ramona decided to settle down for a bit. But after one more year, Ramona was sick of it. But Not psychology. Ramona wouldn’t know what to do with herself if she started hating psychology! She was sick of the environment. She needed change. It just so happened that Karakura fell on her radar. The crime rates were staggeringly high for such a small population. Ramona wanted to know why. Ramona needed to study it. After sprucing up her Japanese, she decided to move once again. She didn’t have any attachments in Argentina anyway.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Psychiatry is Ramona’s specialty. Ramona had always loved learning but psychology stuck out to her the most. They were fascinated by the human mind and how it adapted. Though, after the tormenting bullying of her early childhood, Ramona’s reason for studying psychology became very different. It was no longer a simple fascination. It turned into an obsession, and she isolated herself from everyone else. Ramona longed to understand people in a way many others didn’t. Ramona wanted others to be understood. Unlike her, even if part of her pain was self-inflicted. She made psychology her life’s work.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Ramona spent four more years in Argentina finishing her psychiatry residency.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes! Ramona worked as a psychiatrist for one year while in Argentina.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
No.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Ramona cut an assertive and confident figure. Supported by the way she dressed and the spark of determination in her mossy green eyes. An off-centered middle part made up Ramona’s bangs. Her hair was fried beyond repair, with one foot already in the grave. It faded from the burgundy red of her childhood to dark brown dyed tips, seemingly having already outgrown the last dye job. A section of hair was strengthened with a braid and tied in the back with a matching moss-green ribbon. A good chunk of hair spilled out, forming a small ponytail. The remainder of Ramona’s hair flowed freely down her neck. She often sported a matching gold earring and bracelet, having lost the other one during her residency.

Her prosthetic was fashionable, with delicate carvings of flowers and other whatnots traveling up to her knee. The prosthetic itself an off-white hue. While not the latest has Karakura to offer, Ramona plans on changing that soon.

Ramona.jpg

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty, Ramona is a different person. Working brings out the best parts of her. The stability, the protocol- it brings a certain kind of comfort that Ramona cannot find off duty. She is eager to help her patients, to help them become the best version of themselves. Ramona is more than willing to wear herself down to the bone for that feeling of accomplishment. She is very confident in what she knows. Though not arrogant. They are more than ready to improve themself. Working makes her feel accomplished. She wouldn't give it up for the world.

Off duty, Ramona is very, very different. Ramona is unable to make sense of others in social situations. Years of self-isolation have left them unable to connect with others outside of work. Most social situations end up awkward for all parties. Because of this, Ramona tends to keep to herself, figuring that being quiet is a better alternative than making a fool of herself. Ramona has given up on forming close bonds with others for the most part. Instead, she has put all her attention into her work, hindering her social life even more.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Ramona’s performance is much better when she is allowed to work alone. She doesn’t have to worry about embarrassing herself in front of colleagues. Despite this, she can work with others when the situation calls for it. Ramona finds it easier to focus when there are fewer people around.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Ramona doesn’t plan to do much. She doesn’t have anyone to do anything with and doesn’t expect that it might change anytime soon. All they want to do is drink in the scenery and maybe, if she has the time, figure out why so much crime happens in Karakura.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
One may find that Dr. Gallardo is quite a quiet individual. A hard worker, sure, but nothing much stands out about the doctor. Expect their lack of social skills. Their speech is a mix of mumbling and clarification. On most days, Dr. Gallardo speaking to others ends up a pitiful sight.

Ramona is quite alright with themself. While not entirely secure, the years of bullying have affected them. They’re fine for the most part. Ramona doesn’t think that she’s awkward. Until the moment she does something embarrassing. The feeling of blood rushing to her cheeks is one she feels often. Ramona hates it. Often hiding away, furthering the shallow views others have of her.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 227
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - alex!#4532 - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread