Level 3
1712708375534.png

1712708450847.png

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
#1: menmapsy_ [MAIN ACCOUNT]
#2:
mapmensy_ [Future Alternate Account || APPLYING]

(The alternative account will be purchased upon acceptance. It does not exist as of right now.)

What is your discord username?
My discord username is @jeographer.

Describe your activity on the server:
As of currently, while I apply for this position in the Hospital Faculty, I am mainly active on weekends due to the academic requirements that are being asked of me. Mondays through Thursdays, I am usually not available in-game or online. I am, however, very much available OOCly on Discord during weekdays that I cannot log onto SRP directly. On Friday evenings, Saturday, and Sunday, I am almost always available to log onto SRP whenever needed, mainly between the hours of 4pm - 1am PST on Friday evenings in the hours 7:30am - 1am PST on weekends Saturday/Sunday. Please note that these current times and availability hours will most likely change as the days draw closer to the summer months, since I am only setting myself on this strictly weekend only schedule to avoid mixing up school responsibilities from gaming hobbies and digital commitments. This current limitation is temporary. I will most likely be very much active in the oncoming weeks and will ensure to balance my time in order to punctually attend the proper trainings that I will need in order to succeed in EMS.

What is your timezone?:
My current time zone is Pacific Standard Time zone (PST) in the United States.

List your current and past applications:

List your current roles on the server:
I currently only have one account, [IGN: menmapsy_] with an [OMEGA] rank. My three character slots are:

- [Professor] [UP] Nile Ahmed-Haikara [PRIMARY]
- [Grade 12] Jeremiah Takada- Senova [ALTERNATIVE SLOT]
- [Grade 12] Nahima C. T. Maleki [ALTERNATIVE SLOT]

Should I be accepted, I intend to obtain a second alternative account and have the EMS role applied to that character.

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
During my years of SRP involvement, I have actively been engaged in forms of CrimeRP, GangRP, and FamilyRP through the perspectives of my many characters. In my time on SRP, I've welcomed a variety of situations that have allowed me to actively experience something new on SRP; however, for quite some time I did avoid applying to factions due to my lack of confidence in my roleplay skills. I enjoy roleplaying very much and enjoy the idea of going into a situation blind in order for my character to genuinely react to an IC event they would realistically. The character that I intend to apply with is a completely new character and this will be my first time involving myself with EMS and EMS related roleplay.

But before I came to SRP, I was already deeply interested in the subject of roleplay itself. Exposed to the concept of Minecraft Roleplays through YouTube series as a teenager, I started my own Minecraft Roleplay adventures on Bedrock servers like Minehut and Lifeboat before eventually turning my attention to SRP. At that time, I'd never really been a part of a server so dedicated to a realistic roleplay experience so when I stepped onto SRP for the very first time, I was speechless. I'm quite happy that I found myself here of all places, even with SRP's ups and downs.

Other than SRP or any Minecraft Roleplay experience I've ever encountered or experienced first-hand, I think it's valid to mention my experience with large-scale Discord Roleplay servers as well. I've found myself in a wide selection of DiscordRP servers that were connected to a wide variety of fandoms such as Percy Jackson, Monster High, Ever After High, Avatar, as well as freestyle DiscordRP servers like mafias or high school settings. Yes, I've probably said some of the cringiest things that will ever leave my mouth during those times, but I've also gained quite a bit of roleplay experience during those times. Anything new can be something fun in the world of roleplay, you just need to be willing to trust the process and see it through.

What is your motivation for applying?
As a player that used to be very involved in GangRP before the GangRP permissions were changed, EMS is a very critical asset in the success and activity of GangRP. However, now that I've strayed from GangRP and prefer to turn my attention to AdultRP or FacultyRP, it's become apparent to me that EMS also plays quite the role outside of GangRP. Recently, it's been more and more frequent that EMS is not available when they're needed. I am a PST player that is online a lot of the times that EMS is inactive in the night. At the same time, I find that I am also very bored during those times and would be delighted to get the opportunity to roleplay while also offering my assistance to the player base.

At the same time, I also currently play a professor that's duty is to educate his students about psychology and the importance of understanding it's functions. During my application process, which included addition research on the subject at hand, I was given the opportunity to take a peek into the Psychiatrist's duties. Although I do not intend to apply for the psychiatrist role, being able to do additional research on the role's responsibilities reignited a spark of curiosity in me. I'd wished to apply for EMS a long, long time ago; but never did have the experience or knowledge to turn my wishes into an action. Now that I am equipped with much more understanding of how faction applications are created and reviewed, I feel confident enough to shoot my shot with EMS despite the limited number of slots available.

Which role are you applying for?:
I will be applying for an opportunity as a Doctor.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I'm a college student OOCly that's currently in school with a psychology major, and I've taken classes that are involved with the medical field! Though I have only interacted with medical scenarios through simulations and a hypothetical context, I believe that handling medical scenarios on SRP may or may not be a good way of practicing for the real deal IRL. It's not just fun, but also very educational for me and the IC patients.
(I cannot get the spoiler tag to line up, for the life of me. Apologies.)

Hospital Roles & Respective Responsibilities:

Hospital Role
Role Responsibilities
Director
Overseeing the hospital's activities and protocol, we have the Hospital's Director, Roku Heddo. The Director of the hospital is responsible for managing the safety and credibility of the hospital's staff and procedures. Illegal activities, malpractice, and suspicious activities are communicated to KPD, and hospital staff are always under the watchful eye of the Hospital Director.
Surgeon
Missing a limb? Or had an eye removed? Well, you better hope to God a surgeon is online, as they are involved with the more gruesome or critical procedures that may involve a bleed out timer. Surgeons work closely with police in times of need, with similar roles to doctors. Though similar in role and responsibilities, surgeons are much more experienced and knowledgeable about high pressure situations.
Veterinarian
Karakura has a wide variety of wildlife and nature, ranging from stray dogs to crowd-friendly birds. Sometimes these critters do get injured due to natural or human causes, and they need medical attention. Veterinarians tend to animals in need whether it be the average stray cat or a fox in the forest, being also known to tag certain animals in order to keep track of their numbers and growing populations. Prior to the addition of veterinarian jobs, animals were taken care of by doctors. Now, animals can receive a wide set of services from vets, including microchipping and also regular basis level checkups.
Paramedics
Paramedics respond to urgent 110 calls and can be seen on scene with first responder KPD officers. In the case that the victim injured in an event or incident is unable to be transported into the hospital. They're most commonly on standby and can perform simple assessments of the situation at hand, radioing back to the EMS staff in the hospital about said patient's condition. This helps the doctors and surgeons to prepare the proper equipment needed to address the injuries ahead of time and lift survival rates.
Doctor
Expected to be available when called upon, doctors are the default workers within the hospital and deal with common basis level injuries or prescriptions. Some doctors may also dabble in stitching up stab wounds or addressing sicknesses with medicinal products. RecoveryRP is also managed by doctors, as they monitor the individuals that come to the hospital in order to visit loved ones. Prescription medicine or equipment such as crutches can be prescribed by these doctors, as well as distributed by them.
Psychiatrists
Sometimes KPD officers need checkups too! Psychiatrists are tasked with the evaluation of the mind and mental health of both the citizens of Karakura and their police force. Mental disorders are addressed and diagnosed by psychiatrists, giving them medicine that fits their needed prescriptions with the hopes of alleviating symptoms. Trauma is also a common topic that psychiatrists cover, especially in government officials. KPD officers have scheduled evaluations they need to experience so that psychiatrists can deem them fit to be in action.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I formally acknowledge and agree that I am subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted should EMS higher-ups see fit.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I formally acknowledge that applying for this role means that I am expected to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role I applied for and should strive to meet or exceed the quota expectations.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I acknowledge and am aware that if a training is held whilst I am online and available, failure to attend said meeting will result in a punishment distributed by EMS higher-ups.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge and agree that I am NOT taking things OOCly when I am participating with trainings and EMSRp situations.

1712708420729.png

In-Character (IC) Section

[OOCLY: This portion of the application has been written in a NARRATIVE interview perspective. All questions or requirements being asked of the character ICLY has been rephrased or reworded into an interview's perspective or questions.]

The smell of hospital disinfectant invaded your senses as you opened your eyes from what seemed like a daze, finding yourself seated in an observably professional room. Lucky for you, you'd long grown familiar with the odors present in the hospital. Anyone else would have undoubtedly gagged if they'd stayed too long in this room. This was your element, sporting a white coat with the thread of life in your hands. The battle with death never ends for a medical field professional, and that included yours, nonetheless.
But there was no battle today! No, your hands were free of latex gloves and your eyes liberated from the occasional protective covering. Seated in a semi-comfortable armchair within your own office, you suddenly remembered what you were here for-- and that there was a second individual sitting opposite from your own seat. Oh goodness, how long had they been sitting there? No mind, you reach for the file sitting in front of you on your desk. Flipping through the contents of the file, you directed your gaze to the middle-aged male seated before you.

"Military doctor, eh?"

You received a momentary squint and nod from the blonde, rather grizzly looking man. "Don't tell me you don't get them often 'round here."

"We have doctors of all backgrounds here. But I'm sure you will find that out on your own, soon enough," was your curt reply to the blonde. In one fluid motion, the file in your hand snapped shut and was placed down on the desk once more. It's vacancy in your palm was quickly replaced with a black ballpoint pen, the look in your eyes as deep as it's inky depths.

"Let's get started."

1712708592100.png

Character’s Full Name:
"Please state your full name."

"Marshall von Moltke."

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
"What gender or pronouns would you prefer to be referred to as?"

"I am biologically male and being referred to through he/him pronouns would suffice."

Character’s Age (if accepted):
"Please state your age and date of birth."

"As of 2024, I will be 46 years old, born on November 29, 1978."

Character’s Academic Background (Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):
"What is the highest education or degree that you are in possession of at this current time of interview?"

"I currently have a bachelor's degree in medicine and a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O), which were both required in order to serve in the military as a licensed physician."

Character’s Nationality:
"And where are you from, Dr. von Moltke?"

"I am of German origin. I am not taking criticism today."

Character’s Marital Status:
"Are you married as of currently?"

"That's quite the question. As of right now, and as it has been for the last 12 years, I am unmarried and widowed. My wife passed away unfortunately in 2012 due to health issues."

Character’s Religious Denomination:
"Do you feel strong about your faith, if any?"

"Certainly. I've been a devout Christian since birth. I do not see that changing, even with the introduction to Shintoism."

Character’s Spoken Languages:
"We'll see. What are some languages that you are capable of expressing fluently?"

"Fluently would just be German since that's my native language, and then Japanese.

Backstory (100+ Words):
"Germany is quite far from Japan. How did you find yourself here of all places?"

"That is a very long story, although it's undeniably an interesting one. I think I just wandered to wherever needed help the most."

OOCLY EXPLAINED BACKSTORY:

Marshall von Moltke was born to Stephan von Moltke and Petra von Moltke (formerly Petra Schulz) as the younger brother of three children. With just 11 months between him and his older brother, Dean von Moltke, and 1 year between him and his younger sister, Vivianne von Moltke, the three were exceptionally close throughout most of their infancy and childhood. From a lower-class family, the von Moltke family often struggled to get by financially in Western Germany. Education was a struggle for quite some time, even if it was just basic education usually available to children. Fortunately, Stephan and Petra were both successfully able to get Dean, Marshall, and Vivianne the education they'd need later on. With Western Germany having just economically recovered from World War II, both von Moltke brothers took a quick interest in the military at just a young age. The two both individually searched out their own specific interests in military aspects; Dean had a sense of nationalism and wished to serve in the military in the front lines while Marshall had more of a piqued interest towards the medical professionals that worked in the warzones. Vivianne strayed from military aspects all together and kindled a passion for nature and wildlife.

Entering their teen years, the two brothers would gradually begin to drift apart due to their clashing perspectives of what a good soldier was. Dean wished to take lives in the name of his country while Marshall wanted to save lives. With morals clashing and a once close bond between the two brothers crumbling by the day, Marshall found himself growing closer to Vivianne. Despite their differing interests, the two were able to bond through a mutual interest in traditional herbs and remedies. Where Dean failed to see the importance of life as a whole, Vivianne and Marshall bonded over their respective interests in protecting lives whether it be human or nature. The two younger siblings of the trio continued to drift farther and farther from their older brother, even as they neared adulthood. Matters only worsened when Marshall and Vivianne made the decision to immigrate to the United States, Dean remaining within Germany on his own. With limited contact, the two von Moltkes would eventually lose contact with Dean entirely for almost a decade.

In the US, Marshall took the first few steps in the direction of his dream of saving lives; he joined the army as a doctor after rigorous years of additional schooling. After obtaining his Bachelor’s Degree and D.O, he stepped into the military with hopes that he’d believed to be reasonable for that kind of life. He was, of course, mistaken. The military was nothing like he’d ever imagined, wearing away at his youth and ambition. At this point in time, Marshall’s connection with Vivianne had begun to wane as well due to her newfound addiction to alcohol. Desperate to seek assurance of some form, Marshall also turned to drinking and was often in and out of bars. He struggled with depression as he was in and out of military deployment, which only worsened when a woman he had previously messed around with, Alice Wagner, showed up to his doorstep 4 months pregnant. Despite struggling to maintain his own mental health, military responsibilities, and now a newly wed wife that was expecting a son, Marshall tried to be able to provide for his unexpected family. If he had not loved Alice an atom previously, he certainly would learn to in the passing months leading to the birth of their one and only son, Deno von Moltke. The day of baby Deno’s birth would go on to be the second brightest day in Marshall von Moltke’s miserable life; the Polaris of his night sky.

But nothing gold can stay. Tragedy struck, hard and without warning as news of Dean von Moltke’s passing while actively serving in the front lines reached Marshall and Vivianne respectively. Even with distance between the three siblings, Dean’s death impacted Marshall hard, if not the hardest, between him and his sister. A couple years later, Alice would also eventually pass away in an accident while Marshall was deployed out of state. This left 6 year old Deno in the hands of an alcoholic Vivianne and her husband. Marshall’s mental state deteriorated as his family fell apart as quickly as it was formed, unable to see his sister and unable to face his son. The military doctor eventually came to terms that Deno would be in better hands as long as those hands were not his, unaware of the neglect and abuse his poor kid would have to experience bouncing in and out of different households. It’d have been better if Deno just believed that his father had died, preferably in service like the man he’d been named after had gone.

At the end of the day, Marshall von Moltke was denied death. He would live through all 22 years of his military service before eventually retiring in hopes of leading a quiet life. With no true place to call home, the veteran made an uncharacteristic decision. Why not explore the world? He had no immediate family at this time, and he was only 43. Rolling a dice, the middle-aged man found himself on a flight to Karakura, Japan. He had a new life in mind, and a different dream; to save lives, properly, without risking his own and the people around him. Marshall had previously made sacrifices, and he would always acknowledge them. But there was no reason to make sacrifices now, his life was his. Initially, the German veteran thought he’d seen it all. Nothing could catch him off guard at this point in time.

Or so he thought. A familiar face, completely unaware of his father’s existence, was waiting for him in Japan.

1712708535256.png

What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus? (Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen):
“What would you say your medical strength is?”

“Eh, you’ve got to move, move, move in the military. I’d argue I specialize in administering immediate first aid or medical attention usually on scene. I’m quick with using what I have around me to create makeshift equipment like tourniquets. Sharp thinking and years of experience have me in tip-top shape for situations that need to be addressed immediately.”

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?:
“Have you partaken in residencies or participated in internships outside of your medical degree?”

“I’ve done military residency as a physician aside from my bachelor’s degree and my D.O.”

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
“And have you had any work experience in medical positions?”

“Aside from my military service as a doctor, I’ve also worked as a traveling paramedic within the States. I intend to take the paramedic route here in Japan as well once I’ve grown accustomed to the protocols and procedures expected from me as a doctor.”

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
“What about additional schooling? Surely you attended medical school in order to qualify for residency and previous medical positions.”

“Of course, I applied for multiple health profession scholarships and took courses at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences. There I qualified for medical school and would eventually qualify for military residency as well.”

1712708503575.png

[OOCLY: This section of the IC section is formatted into a THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE format. The answers to the questions that follow are written by a narrator that is not ICly present in the interview.]
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?
The man standing before you leisurely was of fair complexion, strengthening his German ancestry. Golden waves that were clearly unbrushed, but seemed moderately well-cared for, fell over the individual of inspection’s furrowed brow. If you hadn’t heard him speak, you would have assumed that he was angry or displeased with something. Nothing to worry about, this man seemed to just have an RBF; resting bitch face. The veteran’s rather angular features had somewhat of a grizzly aesthetic to it. Perhaps it was the incoming stubble or his heavy-lidded, clear as day eyes; it was like staring into the horizon, a rendezvous point for the sky and the sea. If you were to grasp his hand firmly in a handshake, you could have compared it to grabbing a fistful of coarse sand or perhaps running your hands along a weathered limestone wall. Years of service had chipped away at the blonde’s features; perhaps a lifetime ago, he had been a handsome youth of his own caliber. But with time etched into his face and life burned into his mind, he was merely a faint shadow of his former glorious appearance. Although, it was safe to say that he certainly hadn’t lost his taste in fashion. Old is gold, they say.

Untitled design (2).png

How does your character act on and off duty?
On Duty
: Should you get the chance to spend long periods of time with Marshall von Moltke, you’ll be quick to notice his rather laid back but straightforward demeanor. No funny business when you’re dressed in white and soloing the Grim Reaper. Aside from the occasional sarcastic or cynical remark from the veteran, he’s awfully laid back. ‘You keep calm, and they’ll live on,’ he always says. It appears that he seems to practice medicine in the same light, keeping a clear mind and even clearer conscience. When people’s lives are at stake, there’s no room for error or misunderstandings. His job as a doctor is to guide a soul out of the woods, lest they stay there for eternity.

Off Duty: The moment the coat comes off, so does Marshall’s polite, no bullshit facade. In actuality, this retired military doctor is quite friendly and has a knack for making silly decisions when off duty. He’s surprisingly introverted if you catch him at a good time and strives to be someone that everyone is comfortable with. Although he cares very little about his own achievements, Marshall is very vocal about praise and respect for individuals who are deserving of it. It’s quite easy to strike up a conversation with the veteran, who is very interested in, shockingly, art. Though he’s not much of a painter himself, he’s got a big heart and appreciation for paintings and sculptures. If he’s not criticizing or roasting the fuck out of his son and his girlfriend when he’s off duty, then he’s reading what art critics have to say about his favorite works and also a dedicated keyboard warrior.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Being in the military for the past 22 years has made this man a team guy. Yes, he can be intimidating upon first interacting with him, but Marshall prioritizes the wellbeing of his patients over all and is mature enough to understand the consequences of being stubborn or uncooperative when working with a group of doctors. There is a time to be an edgy alpha wolf sigma (whatever the generation calls it these days) and a time to be mature and focus on getting the job done efficiently.

What plans does your character have for the future?
The world has little in store for old man Marshall von Moltke. He’s a widowed, semi-cranky failure of a father and avid physician that intends to use his knowledge to help the public till the day he dies. Maybe here in Karakura he can marinate in his failures a little more. Or learn to appreciate his own achievements and acknowledge the lives he’s saved in the past. Either way, he doesn’t expect much back from the world; he’s given it his all, he believes.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Self-perception has always been a topic of struggle for the retired veteran. To himself, he’s an individual of endless struggle when it comes to family and relationships. He’d give himself and almost anything to the world, and that’s exactly what he did. Marshall holds a deep kind of regret, knowing that he gave up his family to follow an empty, misdirected dream of his.

But to others and the world itself, perhaps he could be considered a hero. No, he didn’t 1v5 the enemy and lost an arm or eye in the scuffle. No, he wasn’t shot in the spine and paralyzed from the waist down. No, he didn’t win a medal for standing his ground against a seemingly impossible fight out on the battlefield. But he did give his life up for this cause, in a figurative way if not literal. The world has, in some ways, given back to him; in the form of respect. In the form of life, in the form of his son. Onlookers see a veteran, worn and weathered from the sacrifices he made for another country. They see a man that deserves a quiet, tranquil life but also a man who still fights to make a difference despite being in his later years.

Maybe someday, he’ll be able to see that too.

1712708620122.png

And yes. I can drive without killing my passengers.

Attachments

• 1712708406827.png
    1712708406827.png
    401 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread