mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

might just be me

Bookish

Level 17
IGN: MintRP
DATE: 7/13/21 (posting two, i feel fancy and smart)
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Okay, I'm back with a slightly less developed idea- Anywho!

I am under the impression that the majority of jobs on this server are ICLY time-sensitive. What I mean by this is the following:

EMS - Majority of players being students who can't be there on the school day; best idea to be on o nthe weekends or at night [ICLY]
Teacher/Professor - Because night classes don't exist (it'd be sick if they did though), teachers and professors have 3 periods per ICLY day they can teach. Ready for some math? Correct me, cause I suck at it.
a) 1hr25 minutes per period, 3 periods to teach, so 4 hours 15 minutes per ICLY day. That means if there is a 1:3 ratio, that's... 255 minutes, divided by 3, which is 85. So out of every 8-hour SRP day, there is 1 hour 25 minutes to teach. I think-
b) So, there are 24 hours in 1 OOC day. If there are 8 OOC hours per SRP day, that's 3 SRP days per day, I think.

The reason for all this?

Well, my idea is that everyone can choose to have a ping role from a bot. Every time school starts, aka 3 times a day, they'll be pinged. The same in EMS discord for evening and weekend.

My other idea is that somewhere in the RPH discord, you can view the icly time.

Sorry employees your schedules vary so you're left out

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Better opportunities for roleplay and for classes. Also, sometimes no teachers are on and sometimes a bunch of us are on. Being able to view the time independently will help coordinate, so we don't have to ping people like WHAT TIME IS IT.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1 / -1
As a teacher myself, I agree with that it's a bit annoying that we have only 3 periods to teach per IC day, but night class won't be the solution, it's not realistic to have classes at 8pm or whatever. Instead of night class, maybe the students will have a choice to join a class after 3PM for Period 5, although maybe it will be a bit annoying but it will be possible to make it like a short class -> for example from 15:00 to 16:00/16:30.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I'm unsure how hard it would be to make a discord web-hook that connects the Minecraft In-Character hour with a discord bot. Nonetheless, it would be nice to add Period 5's and 6's, but instead of being compulsory, they would only be hosted for those students who are willing to take part in these lessons voluntarily (meaning that after Period 04, everyone can leave if they wish, but if they also want to take part in more lessons, they can also go to these extra-scholar lessons). This would also give teachers more possibilities to get more teaching quotas.

Regarding EMS work, it all depends on how many players are online at a specific hour, given the fact that the more people are online, the more likely it is for players to actually call 110 to ask for medical help, meaning that it is purely based on OOC time, and not IC time

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
pls no 5th and 6th periods man I'm already fed up with waiting in toilets for school to end while watching jojo

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
Honestly if worded better, and spaced out It might be little easier for others to understand. I do not think their should be night classes. In all honesty once again half of the players AFK at school or do not attend classes, other than going for college etc. I personally think night classes would just be a waste, and nondurable.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Whilst I completely agree that School should be the main focus of the server, having 'night classes' is a step too far. I understand that whilst in the teaching faction you have a quota to meet, however you're given 28 - 30 days for that exact reason; if it's not school you can still RP with your character's friends, family & others you may come across.

As for a bot/service to allow you to see the time within the SchoolRP server itself on a website or discord channel, we'll discuss this during a development meeting tonight & Related factions will be notified when it's available for public use.

Users who are viewing this thread