OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:
MikeyTheBoi

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
I have Discord and a microphone, Discord: mrasylum__

List your timezone and country:
CST USA

Describe your activity:
7/10 - Often on in the afternoons (CST), if I'm not busy otherwise I'm most likely on SRP.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
N/A

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I'm an avid writer who often spends their free time outside of SRP working on stories, backgrounds, settings, and further writing implementations while working on personal projects that help me express my creativity. Recently I've been searching for ways to clear the writers block and I find it helpful to have other avenues of media and styles to help keep the mind fresh.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I've plenty of experience with writing, ranging from simple poetry to full on world-building fantasy stories with intricate subplots and intriguing characters.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes

Why should we accept you over others?:
I've remained an active and supporting member of SRP for months on end dating as far back as December of 2022, and don't plan on leaving any time soon. As I delve into new ways to involve myself with the community, I'll dish the same and help to support others and bring their involvement and participation in the community to help connect the bridge between the people running the further RP experiences and the people acting as the community in Karakura.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.):
Yes

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes

Summarize what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Reporters are the connection between the involved and the uninformed. As a reporter, there's a duty to understand who the audience is, and that the masses watching are there to learn what carries on in the world, whether versed in the topic or not. The reporter needs to be concise, truthful, and clear, providing context, explanation, and relevance to the subjects at hand, whether it's the new local restaurant in town or a recent breakthrough in the medical fields, no topic is reported without a delivery meant to interest the intended audience.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it.

Full Name:
Tao Mazukai

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr):
Mr.

Current Age (25+):

Past job/work experience:
None

Degree/qualifications:
High School

Nationality and born location:
Japan, Karakura

Phone Number:
030-511-5125

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I find a calm presence often emanates around me, my stature always on display as I keep my hands in my pockets, holding a conversation with the nearest with no relent. I keep my voice gentle yet present, speaking quickly and fluently. Often I carry a joking attitude that, though with my best attempts, always lingers with low strength, easily leaving more confusion than the intended ease. Outside of my habits of speech, a more adult tone comes into play as my calm was defined by an interest in the people, never backing out of an easy conversation that could earn me something to report on. I look to remain involved with the city I grew up in and around.. considering myself an 'inquisitive spirit' that holds an interest for everything Karakura.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I'm interested in the finer stories within the cracks of the foundation. It's easy to find a report about what's going on at town hall, maybe that story about what KPD has been looking in to. It's much harder to find a story about the students developing the world ahead of them, or the process event organizers are handling in order to throw the next parade. There's something else to look at, and I want to help people find the stories that hold up the heavy world above them, no matter how little.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I'm expecting thorough and well researched work that needs clear and concise context and development in order to provide an interesting report for an open audience. While I can hold personal preference over a situation, I'm more than understanding of the neutrality required in reporting, and that the truth, plain and simple, should be what's reported. I'm expecting a serious workplace and environment with serious expectations, while at the same time being open to the casual and flowing nature of the people and their understanding of the same work.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
No

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, French

PROMPTS

You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

( The following is a fictitious representation of a report about an event that may occur in Karakura. )

Classes Closed: A Winter Without School

"Good evening ladies and gentleman, Tao Mazukai here reporting on the latest. Today comes news from the head of the high school Karakura is built on. Head principal Ye Saiky reporting that the end of the December month will see a pause in classes while renovations are made for the upcoming new year."

- A depiction of ongoing renovations taking place within Karakura High School -

"As the exam schedules come to their close, one would expect the ongoing and never ending classes of Karakura High School to keep rolling- but, recently announced, head principal of Karakura High School Ye Saiky announced a pause in academics while crews for renovation roll in to reconstruct the halls, classes, and structure from the classic layout. Principal Saiky stated:"

'While I strive to keep the students involved, we've been looking to make some much needed changes to the foundation of Karakura High School. The wide open spaces are intended to provide quiet and solace to those looking to work privately on studies, but the average student hardly utilises these spaces, hopping between them to easier access the hotspots of the school."

- A depiction showing the common gathering places of student, first the gates of the school, next the front of reception. Saiky's statement continues. -

"The plan now is to create spaces that invite the student to gather, whether or not the people inside are stranger or close friend, as long as they sit and communicate elsewhere. This helps thin out other problems, like the frequent outbreaks of fighting that afflict our school."

- Saiky's statement closes, a depiction of the school from outside the front gates looking in, the school was empty of students. Tao returns to reporting. -

"However with renovations underway, students are without a safe environment to learn, and as expected, Principal Saiky shut down the school for the remaining December quarter to help speed up the renovation process. After surveying multiple students, they feel the change is 'unprecedented and worrying,' as the exam results roll in, while making claims that the missing class time will impact their grades, effectively an improvement to their overall scores."

- A cut interview of a student, clearly a response to a question related to the cut in classes. -

'It's unfortunate, really.. students like me are reeling for an opportunity to keep the flow going. A pause only helps it build up.'

- Another cut, a group of students clearly enjoying their time in the plaza- snowballs being thrown over benches as people take cover with smiles plastered. The report returns to Tao. -

"..Not to say, others aren't taking the pause with a different stride. Shares of students are taking the opportunity to enjoy the holidays the way they intend, with friends, family, and all sorts of other people. As expected, Principal Saiky responded to our question about returning after the end of renovations, stating that school will return to normal as soon as a week after the 1st of January, and they intend to provide ample opportunity to fill the missing gaps in peoples education. The school also stated they look forward to providing a new learning environment with the students in mind, giving them the education and involvement they need."

"..That concludes the report on todays latest, I'm Tao Mazukai; Until next time, Karakura. Stay warm."

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

( The following is a fictitious representation of a report about an event that may occur in Karakura. )

A Change of Pace: College Exams Now Available Online

[ Tao ] - Reporter, Tao Mazukai
[ Saiky ] - Karakura High School Principal, Ye Saiky

- The report would slowly fade in, Tao and principal Saiky sat across from each other, the interview rolling as quickly as the video started. -

[ Tao ]
"Good afternoon Karakura! Tao Mazukai reporting the latest- today an interesting turn in the school system in Karakura. Today I'm here with High School Principal Ye Saiky," Tao would turn to look to principal Saiky, a smile in place as he introduced him. "how are you today?"

[ Saiky ]

"I'm well today, thank you! And yourself?"

[ Tao ]
I'm doing great, thanks.. So let's get right into it!" He'd shift in his seat as he began throwing questions. "Could you explain the new system in place for students looking to seek higher education?"

[ Saiky ]
"Gladly! Our students are now given the opportunity to graduate from high school and begin their college education through an online path instead of having to wait for the exam schedule to roll around."

[ Tao ]
"How interesting, how will the students go about taking this online path?"

[ Saiky ]
"Through the school's access, of course. We've slowly been implimenting computers for students to use in our libraries, and we find it useful to utilize these devices for an opportunity for students to seek higher education. They simply need to ask a librarian to help set up the exam, that way we can view their record to see if they are near ready to attempt an exam. From there, they set up the online form, and they take the test."

[ Tao ]
"And what makes a student ready to take a college exam? Are there requirements students need to have, or can any student take the exam, just as they can when the exam schedule rolls around?"

[ Saiky ]
"There are requirements to meet, yes. We can't just let any student attempt the exam, we'd have no students in our high school, then! Instead, we require that students participate in our classes and have a minimum requirement for attendance, though we're still looking into what that number should be."

[ Tao ]
"How will this effect the regular exam schedule, then? Now that there's another option, students are bound to be running to take the online exam instead of having to wait for them to roll around."

[ Saiky ]
"We will still of course be holding the regular exam schedules as we have in the past, though we may see a change in acceptance rates on these dates to adjust for the amount of people bound to be coming in through the online path."

[ Tao ]
"Seems like a sure way to keep students on top of their work, then. How do you think this change is being recieved by the students? Do you think students would prefer the original method or take the new online path?

[ Saiky ]
Saiky would shift in his seat as he prepared to answer, as if questioning the result himself. "I couldn't tell you what the students themselves think, though I do know that having a seperate option will help students looking for what may seem an easier solution to accessing the next level of education. We want to encourage our students to take learning at their own pace, though we as well want to encourage students to know what is available to them to begin taking the next steps forward in life."

[ Tao ]
"Do you think this would as well disuade students from skipping out on classes, whether or not they take the online exam?"

[ Saiky ]
"I would like to think so, yes. Students are more likely to surpass in exams the more classes they attend, as we've always encouraged attendance to help improve not just their understanding of whats on the exam, but as well the impact it could have on their final exam grade."

[ Tao ]
"All good advice! I will admit, it makes me excited to see students have another way to take their exams, especially as someone who went through the regular exam schedules multiple times. When does the online path become available for everyone to start, and will they be available at any time?"

[ Saiky ]
He'd shift as he answered, as if excited to inform students when it begins. "Online exams begin in a month, and will alternate between being available every month. The regular exam schedule, as always, will be announced in due time."

[ Tao ]
"Wonderful, thank you for your time Mr. Saiky, anything else you would like to say before we close out this interview?"

[ Saiky ]
"I'd advise students begin taking classes now! And, of course, I wish the best of luck to all the students who are taking the exams when they roll around! And, thank you for coming in to discuss. It's a pleasure."

[ Tao ]
He would nod to Saiky, smiling as he went to close out the interview. "That's the latest today, Karakura. This is Tao Mazukai, catch you in the next!"

- The interview would slowly fade to a close as the video ended. -

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread