SHADs7

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
shads7

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
CST (Central Standard Time), Canada

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I'm on SRP for long periods at a time (example: 1 pm to 7-9 am)

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Miko (Maiden)

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I don't know much about 'Shintoism', but I'm definitely curious about it and I would love to learn about it.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
(I wrote this more as a story, hopefully, you'll still like it, lol. Anyways, here:)

As she walked the stone paths of the monastery, her steps were light, leaving no trace upon the moss that clung to the ancient rocks. She spoke to every player she met, her voice a soothing melody that brought comfort to those burdened by the weight of countless battles and endless mining. Her presence was a balm to the weary, and her laughter, a rare and precious jewel that sparkled brighter than the diamonds sought by miners deep within the earth.

Teagan Baptiste was not the most skilled warrior, nor the most prolific builder, but what set her apart was her unwavering dedication to the spirit of the monastery. She spent countless hours studying the lore, her eyes scanning the texts until the glow of the screen became the only light in her room. She practiced the rituals with a reverence that touched even the most cynical of players, her movements a dance of devotion that honored the Kami and the traditions of old.

Her ideas for the monastery were as fresh as the morning dew, proposing ceremonies that would bring players together in celebration and reflection. She envisioned festivals that would light up the server, with lanterns that floated up to the digital sky, carrying the hopes and dreams of the community.

But what truly made Teagan Baptiste stand out was her vision for the future—a future where the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery was not just a place of quiet contemplation, but a vibrant heart of Karakura, pulsing with the energy of its inhabitants. She saw herself not as a mere participant, but as a guardian of this vision, a Miko whose service would breathe new life into the ancient stones of the monastery.

And so, as the moon rose high above the horizon, Teagan Baptiste penned her application, her words infused with the passion of her spirit and the uniqueness of her vision. She stood not above the other applicants, but among them, a shining example of what it means to be a Miko of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery—a beacon of light in a world of Karakura.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Completely understood.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Teagan H. Baptiste

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Miss (Miss. Teagan or Miss. Baptiste and ext.)

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
26. June 2nd, 1998

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Canadian

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-809-8819

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The monastery began construction on June 6th, 744, and was completed during the wintertime of 762. And it has been protected by Kamis for many centuries and has been rebuild many times by different clans and individuals. After a event, the head priest (at the time) burnt down the monastery in the early year of 2004, leaving only one of the shrines, the shrine to 'Yama-No-Kami' (Yama-no-Kami (山の神) is the name given to a kami of the mountains of the Shinto religion of Japan. These can be of two different types. The first type is a god of the mountains who is worshipped by hunters, woodcutters, and charcoal burners. The second is a god of agriculture who comes down from the mountains and is worshipped by farmers. This kami is generally considered as a goddess, or a female deity. A Kannabi is often associated with Mountain Gods. It is a natural area including a mountain which acts as a Shintai for a Kami). Later, the Nashima branches, Saiky houses, and Moritachi clans, which was led by Kazuya Saiky, rebuilt the monastery under the name, 'Shinsei Seinaru' monastery in 1617.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. My name is Teagan H. Baptiste, and I am writing to express my sincere desire to serve as a Miko within our esteemed [Monastery Name]. I have been a devoted follower of our traditions and have found great solace and purpose in the teachings and practices that our community upholds.

My journey in Karakura has been one of profound personal growth, and I believe that taking on the role of a Miko would allow me to contribute more significantly to our community. I am deeply committed to the spiritual path and eager to assist in ceremonies, maintain the sacred grounds, and provide guidance to visitors and fellow practitioners.

I have honed my skills in loyalty, caring, smart-thinking, listener, which I trust will be beneficial in performing the duties required of a Miko. Moreover, I am fully prepared to undertake any additional training or responsibilities that may be necessary to fulfill this role with the utmost dedication and excellence.

I am looking forward to the opportunity to discuss my application with you in further detail. I am available at your convenience and can be reached with my number, (030)-809-8819. Thank you very much for considering my application. I am eager to contribute to the spiritual fabric of our community and uphold the sacred traditions that define us.

With utmost respect and gratitude,

Signed by: Teagan H. Baptiste.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Around 10 years old, Teagan's parents started to fight a lot. It wasn't anything violent, but there was a lot of yelling.. The yelling always sorts of scared her. Especially if her father would yell, since her father rarely ever got angry at anyone. When Teagan was about 16, her and her father got out of their house and moved to Japan. For a little while, they lived in a small city in Japan (Takayama). One day, while looking up about something, Teagan stumbled upon a place called 'Karakura'. Now, she found pictures online of the amazing school and some of the beautiful places (the beach, shrine and etc.) Teagan thought this would be an amazing place to go to, she begged her father to let her go there and eventually he said 'yes'. Teagan was so happy and got everything packed, she moved there when she was 17 and has been staying at Karakura for a few years now.

Teagan has always been interested in Japan's history and traditions (kinda why she moved to karakura). She's always had an interest into learning about people's different traditions, since many can be different and some traditions are special in their own way, depending on what the tradition is about. Teagan finds that Japan has some beautiful and unique history, especially the kimonos. Teagan finds that kimonos are quite beautiful!! Anyways, Teagan has always found that mikos (maidens) are quite interesting and are just very beautiful, she quite likes and found mikos interesting when it comes to some doing 'special' dances or like fortune telling. Fortune telling and being able to read somebody's future has just always been cool! And once Teagan had learned about Kamis, she found those quite interesting, she especially liked Okuninushi-no-mikoto and Ebisu. Okuninushi-no-mikoto being the kami that represents the god of love and 'good matches' (in love and marriage), on February 14th (Valentine's Day) in the United States, some speak about how Okuninushi-no-mikoto brings love to some people. Now Ebisu (or Hiruko or even Kotoshiro-nushi-no-kami), is the Japanese god of fisherman and luck, he is also one of the Seven Gods of Fortune (Shichifukujin in Japanese, Are believed to grant people good luck. There is Jurojin, Fukurokuju, Bishamonten, Benzaiten, Daikokuten and Ebius, which these are all of the Seven Gods of Fortune). Ebisu is associated with water, fisheries, business and wealth. In medieval times, Ebisu's origin came to be tied together with that of Hiruko (the first child of Izanagi and Izanami) who were both born without bones (or in a few other stories, without arms or legs), due to his mother's transgression during the marriage ritual. Hiruko struggled to survive as he could not walk or even stand and with that, he was thrown into the sea in a boat with reeds, before his third birthday. In the stories, it's said that he eventually washed ashore, possibly in Ezo (ancient Hokkaido) and was cared for by the Ainu Ebisu Saburo. It is said that Ebisu first arose as a god among fishermen and that his origin as Hiruko, as a much later conception. After the worship of him had spread through to merchants and farmers. In some stories, it is theorized that he was originally a god known as 'Kotoshironushi no Mikoto', son of Okuninushi. For some communities, in addition for Ebius being associated with water, fisheries, business and wealth, Ebius is also associated with objects that would drift along shore from the sea, such as logs and many other things.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
Miko - Serve people tea and food, fortune telling, ceremonial dances and just helping/cleaning around/at/in the shrine. Priests - Techniques of worship, prayers, sacrificial acts, songs and a few other things, sometimes it just depends on the person.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Locals or shrine members would offer food to that has received a 'special' blessing to welcome a Kami. Food could be something like rice, seafood and even something else (like seasonal foods and many more).

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
Teagan would walk in, taking a deep breath, before gently bowing to whoever. Once the guest was all settled and comfortable, she'd start to prepare the tea. She'd quietly would wait for the tea water to heat up, once it was done, she poured the tea into a cup and bowed again, being careful as to not spill the tea. She then gently spoke up, saying, "Please will you kindly drink some tea, please." Once she finishes saying these words, she gently places the tea in front of the guest.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
Tamagushi (jewel skewer) is a form of Shinto offering from a sakaki tree branch that is decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk or cotton. Tamagushis can be used for weddings, funerals, miyamairi and other many types of ceremonies. Tamagushi are ritually presented to the Kami by parishioners, mikos (maidens) or priests. In Shinto and Buddhism in Japan, an ofuda is a form of paper, card or even plate that can be made of various materials like paper, wood, cloth or metal. Certain kinds of Ofuda have different purposes, some give protection against evil spirts and others can be said to give luck to someone. Kagura Suzu are a set of 12 to 15 bells on a small staff used for kagura dances. The set has 3 tiers of bells suspended by brass wires from a central handle, 2 bells on the top tier, 4 bells on the middle tier and 6 bells on the bottom tier. Kagura Suzu can also be used for 'special' rituals, they are used by priests during ceremonies.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Okuninushi-no-mikoto (the Japanese Kami who acts as the patron god of love and 'good matches') and Ebisu (or Hiruko, which is the Japanese god of fishermen and luck).

DivingBlues

Level 79
Community Team
Builder
Lore Team
Denied

Sadly the team has had to deny this application. I do encourage you to reapply next wave but below I will list some of the reasons we chose to deny you.

AI generation is not allowed by any means into the application process. This app has undergone AI generation detectors by three different websites and all have come back positive. AI generation isn’t taken lightly and therefore you’re BLACKLISTED from applying again.

Please DM me further for details if you wish to know via divingblues.

Users who are viewing this thread