jolty

Level 3
_Jolty_
_Jolty_
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: _Jolty_
What's the title of your suggestion?: Minor assault and major assault Idea

What's your suggestion?:
As a cringe GANGRPER and played for about a year now from an old account and switching to a new one.

I honestly think that assault should have some levels towards like minor and major assault.

I am going to be straight with it, the idea of adding minor and major assault would benefit a lot of things, like the bail, for example if I do /grab at someone and it works and KPD see's this, it would be counted as assault, and I would get about a 100k bail and 2 months until my character is free.

But it would be the EXACT same bail and months until I am free, if I start hitting the males head and actively trying to Knock them out, and a possible mugging.

And they would get the exact same treatment as a guy who only grabbed someone if arrested.

It is as fair treatment then most charges due to the fact that grabbing and not doing any hits to the head (Being KO Points to knock someone out) which would count as minor assault.

and major assault would be intent knocking someone out like hitting their head and actively trying to KO someone.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
More fair treatment towards assault charged users.

A bit more realism but it wouldn't have too realistic.

a fairer justice system towards assault

Popo

Level 63
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
Complicating it is unnecessary, just don't get caught by the KPD when assaulting someone.
A bit more realism but it wouldn't have too realistic.

a fairer justice system towards assault
SchoolRP is mostly against the idea of realism. A thousand times prior, any suggestion or debate about why something should be implemented fell before the idea of "realism," even though SchoolRP is not realistic. Japan is one of the safest countries in the world, yet Karakura probably has a higher crime rate than a war ridden country. Assault is labelled as just that, assault, there aren't any countries that label assault into two categories being "minor" and "major" assault. -1

jolty

Level 3
_Jolty_
_Jolty_
Omega+
Complicating it is unnecessary, just don't get caught by the KPD when assaulting someone.

SchoolRP is mostly against the idea of realism. A thousand times prior, any suggestion or debate about why something should be implemented fell before the idea of "realism," even though SchoolRP is not realistic. Japan is one of the safest countries in the world, yet Karakura probably has a higher crime rate than a war ridden country. Assault is labelled as just that, assault, there aren't any countries that label assault into two categories being "minor" and "major" assault. -1
That is true but, these are classifications, Misdemeanor assault is a classification. being Minor Assault
Then you have Aggravated assault. Being major assault
The reason why I said minor, and Major is to simplify it, but no These are actual real charges but I said minor and major due to the fact just to simplify them.

Vexosphere

Level 34
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable

„Japan is one of the safest countries in the world” Do you even know what you’re talking about…? Japan is not even close to be considered as safe country.

Also, if SchoolRP is meant not to be realistic, then why some ideas are getting rejected because they were „unrealistic” ?

I do not agree with suggestion, but i can’t agree with your comment either :v

Yonio

Level 330
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
-1 towards this suggestion

There are three types of assault that police can arrest people for:
1. Assault (any sort of unconsented physical interaction against someone else). This can range to punches, k.o's, grabs, etc.
2. Assault with a weapon. This is any assault that's taken place with the use of a weapon (bats, knuckle dusters, etc.)
3. Assault with a deadly weapon. Any assault using a potentially-deadly weapon against someone in a non-vital area

Yes, k.o-ing and grabbing someone aren't close to being the same, but giving a more 'tame' sentence to someone who grabbed a victim doesn't make sense in the eyes of the law, considering that they most likely intended to inflict further damage (If you're just /grab-ing people for no reason then that's just UnseriousRP, or just messing around with your friends, in which case it'd be consented and your characters wouldn't be arrested).

„Japan is one of the safest countries in the world” Do you even know what you’re talking about…? Japan is not even close to be considered as safe country.
I'm not sure what you mean here nor where you got this information from. Out of the 163 countries signed up in the Global Peace Index (a study to determine the safest countries in the world), Japan is roughly within the 10% of safest countries in the world.
SOURCE: https://www.visionofhumanity.org/maps/#/

HEXATICA

Level 15
HEXATICA
HEXATICA
Omega+

Also, if SchoolRP is meant not to be realistic, then why some ideas are getting rejected because they were „unrealistic” ?

I do not agree with suggestion, but i can’t agree with your comment either :v

Japan is actually very highly rated in terms of safety! Not only in terms of law, but in terms of morals and health!

Japan's law system is actually quite strict in order to keep the level of safety that they have within the country to the point that the general population follows a strict moral standard alongside it. If you didn't know already, Japan is actually quite stern when it comes to law-abiding and modesty.

If you'd like to learn more, you could do your own research or you can contact some of the few SRP players who actually live in Japan! It's an interesting topic, especially when you take into account the total switch up when it comes to fictional Japan such as in Media like Manga, Anime or even in SRP itself.

Additionally: Did you know that the general Japanese population is so safe that most kindergarteners / middle schoolers will actually walk on their own to school because of the strict laws being put in to protect them? It was a nice surprise to find out how protected they are ^^image_2024-08-28_163417356.png

Oh and also -1 to the suggestion

Vexosphere

Level 34
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
-1 towards this suggestion

There are three types of assault that police can arrest people for:
1. Assault (any sort of unconsented physical interaction against someone else). This can range to punches, k.o's, grabs, etc.
2. Assault with a weapon. This is any assault that's taken place with the use of a weapon (bats, knuckle dusters, etc.)
3. Assault with a deadly weapon. Any assault using a potentially-deadly weapon against someone in a non-vital area

Yes, k.o-ing and grabbing someone aren't close to being the same, but giving a more 'tame' sentence to someone who grabbed a victim doesn't make sense in the eyes of the law, considering that they most likely intended to inflict further damage (If you're just /grab-ing people for no reason then that's just UnseriousRP, or just messing around with your friends, in which case it'd be consented and your characters wouldn't be arrested).

I'm not sure what you mean here nor where you got this information from. Out of the 163 countries signed up in the Global Peace Index (a study to determine the safest countries in the world), Japan is roughly within the 10% of safest countries in the world.
SOURCE: https://www.visionofhumanity.org/maps/#/
Japan is actually very highly rated in terms of safety! Not only in terms of law, but in terms of morals and health!

Japan's law system is actually quite strict in order to keep the level of safety that they have within the country to the point that the general population follows a strict moral standard alongside it. If you didn't know already, Japan is actually quite stern when it comes to law-abiding and modesty.

If you'd like to learn more, you could do your own research or you can contact some of the few SRP players who actually live in Japan! It's an interesting topic, especially when you take into account the total switch up when it comes to fictional Japan such as in Media like Manga, Anime or even in SRP itself.

Additionally: Did you know that the general Japanese population is so safe that most kindergarteners / middle schoolers will actually walk on their own to school because of the strict laws being put in to protect them? It was a nice surprise to find out how protected they are ^^View attachment 69251

Oh and also -1 to the suggestion
Statistics are not everything, but okay.

Ruin

Level 119
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
Im not gonna yap and get straight to the point instead of getting yappeddy yoppidy abt japan, japans safety, japanese or whatvr

When you touch someone without consent, it counts as assault, even if you did not harm the person. Yes, it may be or sound dumb but its necessary. Whats worse on your record, an assault charge or a charge called "grabber" or something lol

flowersak

Level 127
Shop Lead
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
I'm -1 to the suggestion

But I'm also here to make a comment that there is zero need to be passive aggressive/rude to people on suggestions. Regardless of your opinion on people's replies, you should always remain respectful. Vexosphere is actually completely right! Statistics are not everything, but regardless, the suggestion is not for that. It's to discuss minor and major perms. Please stay on topic next time and keep it respectful.

Vexosphere

Level 34
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
I'm -1 to the suggestion

But I'm also here to make a comment that there is zero need to be passive aggressive/rude to people on suggestions. Regardless of your opinion on people's replies, you should always remain respectful. Vexosphere is actually completely right! Statistics are not everything, but regardless, the suggestion is not for that. It's to discuss minor and major perms. Please stay on topic next time and keep it respectful.
Well, it’s sometimes frustrated when people see Japan as beautiful country just because it looks nice in animes.. The truth is - it’s not. Japan is totally fucked up and i can’t imagine myself living there irl. I want to see it though, but live? Hell nah. Maybe it’s not dangerous according to statistics, but it doesn’t mean it’s safe.

I will stay on topic next time. From my side, i didn’t meant to be disrespectful, sorry if it seemed Passive/Aggressive. But as someone who lives in country which is only a bit above than Japan which is also dangerous to live in, i felt offended by saying „Japan is safe”.

Last edited:

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 83
Community Team
Media Team
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
Though I understand the want for the server to be more realistic, I rather not complicate the perm rules as it already is sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread