Accepted MintyPebble's MFL Teacher Application

minty

Level 10
What is your Minecraft username?:
MintyPebble

How old are you?:
I’m 14 years old.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, though I have been warned before for PG in OOC and I regret my actions but I’ve learned from my mistakes and I won’t let it happen again.

What Country are you from?:
The United States, specifically the state of Florida.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Yes, MintyPebble#3479

Do you understand that most answers are found in the role-play documents?:
Yes I’ve read all of the documents, including the faculty handbook even though that handbook has been removed from the documents not too long ago.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do understand that if I’m inactive I’ll be demoted. I will try my best to balance between my two active accounts if I get accepted and will frequently log on and host classes.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:
Yes and no, I understand that I have to log my classes because if I don’t then the faction leaders won’t be able to know if I’m active or not but, I don’t believe that the teacher roster thread is relevant anymore. Though I do know that if I get accepted I have to log my classes in the Karakura Academics discord.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I check the forums at least once a day and I ensure that I check the #forum-activity channel in the official discord every once and a while throughout the day. I try to keep up with the forums so that I don’t miss any important updates or new documents of sorts. I also am quite active on the discord but that’s besides the point. I try to log onto the server at least once a day, ensuring that I’m active for a few hours at a time.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

French Language [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/french-language-application.13603/#post-42824
Lunchtime Monitor [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/bananagoddesss-lunchtime-monitor-application.15248/
Lunchtime Monitor [x2] [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/mintypebbles-lunchtime-monitor-application-x2.16724/
Korean Language [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/mintyboulders-korean-application.17558/
PTSD Character Authorization [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?thre...r-authorization-application.19278/#post-67730

Spanish Language [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/mintypebbles-spanish-application.19580/
Event Team [Accepted]
This application was submitted through discord.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Ever since the beginning of the year I’ve been deciding whether or not I wanted to become a teacher, this was a tough decision for me because I didn’t know if I could focus on my real life studies while balancing SchoolRP at the same time. Now it’s clear to me that I have plenty of time on my hands to be fully dedicated to both. As the year progressed I started going to classes more and more and eventually I was hooked on that section of RP. I not only wanted to be a student but I wanted more. I wanted to be the teacher and experience that side of roleplay on SRP. I’ve joked about becoming a teacher before but now I know that it would be an amazing role for me and I would be able to fulfill it properly and well. I also want the ability to interact with students on a completely different level and I believe that the only way that I’ll be able to do that is by playing this role.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Yes, I’ve role-played as a student on SchoolRP for almost three years. I understand how things around the school works and a few months ago, about six, I became a Lunchtime Monitor. I got to roleplay as an adult in the school that monitored the students and made sure of the safety and cleanliness of the school. This was interesting to me so I continued on like this for months, obviously, and I now understand how to handle students. I also know basic knowledge of how classes work and how being a teacher works.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
Yes, when the Faculty Handbook was still relevant I read it. I also am updated on the new school staff documents like the code of conduct, etc. I try my best to stay updated on things regarding the school and the server as a whole.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are where you write down what you taught, when, and evidence/extra notes. The reason why this is important is because they allow the faction leader to see how active you are within a month. Without logs the entire system would be unorganized and confusing. It is also important because it keeps track of how much you are supposed to be paid at the end of the month.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
Before you used to have to fill out a format and send the application to the principal but that was before the Faculty Handbook was removed. Now what you have to do is message the current vice principal/faction lead and request a field trip by giving a brief description of the contents of the field trip, where you’ll be taking the class, how many periods, and how this relates to your subject, etc.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

These will most likely be changed as time goes on and more may be added in the future when I see fit.

• No bullying of any sort will be tolerated.
• Only speak when you have raised your hand AND you’ve been called on.
• Do not exit your seat unless you have been told you can or should do so by the teacher.
• Do not bring out any items such as electronics, food, etc. unless told you could.
• Pay attention while not only the teacher is talking but also when other classmates are talking.
• Use common sense, don’t do anything you wouldn’t normally do.
• Come prepared, if you came to my class to goof off you will be removed immediately with no hesitation.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
Before I came to SRP I used to role-play on smaller servers but they never really interested me until I got to SchoolRP. I’ve been playing on SRP for about three years now and I have a general grasp on how role-play on here works. I am extremely familiar with the rules and basic guidelines of the server and I have role-played as many different roles on the server. I have also been a Lunchtime Monitor before so I understand how my character should act on school grounds and how to roleplay in the school in general. The roles I’ve had before are as follows; student, homeless/beggar, lunchtime monitor, adult, cheerleader. I deem myself as someone that knows how to RP fairly well and I believe that this role would fit me very well.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:
HD stands for the Head of Department. The HD is responsible for the QTLS and the NQT. The HD overlooks everything that the NQT does and ensures that everything within their department, or subject, is running smoothly. They are masters of being a teacher in the subject that they teach and they’re familiar with the school so they understand the requirements and regulations that come with being a teacher. Essentially, they’re the big boss man of the curriculum they teach.

- QTLS:
QTLS stands for the Qualified Teacher in Learning and Skills. The QTLS is responsible for somewhat guiding the NQT and responsible for their own classes. QTLS are allowed to host classes without the permission of the HD and have a basic and general understanding of how the school works. They usually don’t need to ask for permission from the HD for the majority of things they do but they are still overlooked by the HD.

- NQT:
NQT stands for the Newly Qualified Teacher. The NQT is new to the school and has barely worked as a teacher before or has never. The NQT needs permission from the HD to host a class and also is guided heavily by the HD and the QTLS. The NQT is responsible for themselves and responsible for reporting almost everything they do to the HD and possibly the QTLS.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
The purpose of teachers is to ICly educate the students and host classes for the students to participate in as if it were a real school setting. The salary that they earn if they complete a minimum of 15 classes per month is 150,000 yen, though if they get more than these classes done, they are paid extra. For every 5 extra classes they complete I believe 50,000 yen is added to their paycheck. Teachers are to teach in a way that is comfortable for both them and the students they are working with in that time. Everyone learns differently so often times a teacher will have to adjust their lesson plans in order to get the student to properly understand the material that they are being presented with. The things that teachers do in their spare time varies, but the main thing that teachers should be doing in their freetime is planning classes and lessons. Other things that teachers do in their spare time would be helping students and making sure that there are no issues within the school.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to SchoolRP for many reasons. The main reasons is because without teachers there would be no one to enforce the main purpose of a school, which is educating. Without teachers there basically wouldn’t be a SchoolRP. Teachers also help further enhance RP by creating situations that students wouldn’t normally be able to participate in like assignments and classes. Teachers also are the foundation of the school and create a welcoming atmosphere in RP for new players and usually you’ll find these players helping new players around the school when they see fit.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system is called MoSCo. Must have, Should have, Could have, though I don’t know if this concept is still relevant due to the fact that the Faculty Handbook no longer exists but that's the only place to find this information.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?Maria Altagracia Rodriguez is a Dominican woman of color. She has long, brown, wavy hair, and her eyes are a soft light brown. Her eyebrows would be slightly bushy but would seem to be tamed in a way. Her body figure would be slightly pear shaped but still having a small hourglass resemblance. She’d be ectomorphic, weighing roughly 122lbs and standing at 5’5”. She isn’t all that special but, she does have a lot of energy and really enjoys the thrill of helping children and seeing progress in students. Her outlook on students is that everyone has potential and there is no such thing as “impossible”. She believes that if you try hard enough you can do anything and that is why she pushes her students really hard to try their hardest, even if it does jeopardize her image with the students. She puts her students education above their view of her constantly because she knows that it’s more important that they progress education and become successful than for them to like her and think she’s nice. She also believes that everyone deserves to be respected no matter what their situation is. She treats all of her co-workers and her students with respect and courteousness. She is kind for the majority of the time but if she has to be stern or strict because students are goofing off, she wouldn’t hesitate to enforce the rules. Her plan for the future is to work at Karakura Highschool until she turns around 54 and then she’ll apply for a college professor at Karakura College and attempt teaching as a linguistic professor. She wants to be able to impact students' lives for the better and her short term goals are just to motivate her students into doing their work with confidence and feeling comfortable with how they speak in the new language they’ve learned.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would first calmly ask them to use proper language and quiet down. If they still don’t stop, I’d raise my voice and begin to show my authority over them and reminding them of the rules they are breaking. If the students are still causing issues and being rebellious, I would assign detention. If they didn’t attend detention they would be suspended as usual and I’d report the issue to one of the vice principals.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would most likely raise my voice out of frustration, attempting to calm the class down. I would remind everyone of the consequences of their actions and behaviours. If this continued I would begin removing students from my class and of course this should be the end of the issue.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
My character would act as they normally do but in a slightly more professional manner, keeping a formal work setting present in the room. They would confidently speak and discuss things openly with their colleagues.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me would turn her head towards the student hastily
/me would casually write her name on the board as she continues speaking
/me would seem to be getting angrier with every step she took towards the student
/me would glance around the classroom while impatiently tapping her foot
/me would smile at the student who had raised their hand seeming pleased- “Yes?”

Backstory
Maria Altagracia Rodriguez first had an interest in languages when she was around the age of 13. At this point she was fluent in the Spanish language and she was still living in Dominican of Republic. A few months after she turned 13, her family had to move to Japan because her father got a huge job opportunity that their family just couldn’t pass up. When they got to Japan, Maria encountered a huge issue, she didn’t know Japanese. Thankfully, the school she attended had a program for foregin exchange students where she could learn Japanese in a safe environment while staying caught up on her classwork. As she continued to learn Japanese, she fell in love with the idea of learning languages, she wanted to share her experience and teach more people about languages and just teach languages in general. She decided then that she wanted to be a language teacher and educate students on the possibilities available when learning a language. When she was going to school for her teaching degree, she made a few friends. Many of which disappeared as time went on, but there was one that she kept in contact with. His name was Matthew Josiah Hamilton. They eventually got closer as their time in university continued. As the end of their University adventures came to a close, they began to speak to each other regularly. Finally it was the end of their four year degree and they both went their separate ways back to where they lived. Matthew didn’t live far from the university but Maria did, the drive was roughly two hours away so they didn’t really talk much outside of school. Maria first started off working as a language teacher for a middle school for almost two years until she decided that she wanted something else. She contacted Matthew and asked for the information on the school he was currently working at. She heard of everything the school had to offer and rushed over. Days later she sent in her application and waited impatiently, only time will tell how it will go.

Side note: Any characters mentioned that aren’t Maria Altagracia Rodriguez, don’t belong to me and full credit to those characters. Thank you to Mistalee for allowing me to mention her character!

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Maria Altagracia Rodriguez
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Maria
Preferred Name:
Miss. Rodriguez or Miss. R.

Religious Denomination:
Catholic
Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Dominican
Current Location:
Osaka, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
Two years.
Working Experience (# of years):
Seven years.

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's degree
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Linguistics and TEFL
Minors:
Language studies

Native Languages:
Spanish
Other Languages:
Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject:
MFL, specifically Spanish

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
If I’m not allowed to have Spanish seeing as it’s the HD on the roster I’d prefer to have French instead then. P.S. I was too lazy to make the formatting fancy and it was really late when I decided to submit this so, apologies for how bland the application was
Do you have any questions?:
Am I allowed to specifically choose which language I teach? The reason why I ask is because if I were going by the Teacher Roster in the Karakura Academics discord I’d be starting off with teaching Italian. Also, is MoSCo still a relevant teaching method? Feel free to answer these questions when I DM you. (If I get accepted.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- I absolutely enjoyed reading this application! It was very detailed and overall just entertaining to look through! I cannot wait to see what you do with the role.
- To answer your questions, MoSCo is still a relevant teaching method and you are allowed to choose what language you would like to teach, especially if it's the one you applied for.

Please DM me on Discord! melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread