Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

1 ━ Introduction

Hello, SchoolRP community, today I will be introducing and starting something that has been anticipated by a lot for quite a while now, Modelling Lessons!

I will be starting streams twice a week in the official RPH discord where I will stream modelling players' custom items as well as running people through the processes of modelling and using the blockbench software.​

[!]
This document will cover what I will be showing, the timings of these streams, what you might want to participate in these streaming sessions and how to install/use them.​

2 ━ Coverage

The streams will cover the following topics:
• Tools in the software, how to use them
• Elements shaping and sizing
• Texture creation and shading.
• File size and keeping it low​

Please note that the following topics are not fully marketed towards modelling larger landscapes, buildings, etc. rather focusing on SchoolRP's modelling style and the way modellers work on the official community team.

If it is the other skills you wish to learn, I recommend watching youtube tutorials instead of attending my streams to develop your skills as these lessons are intended to prepare you for modelling on SchoolRP's modelling team.​

To the right of this text, you can see some examples of the modelling style we will be focusing on.​

3 ━ Schedule

Times this will take place are every Wednesday and Saturday at 4 pm BST.

As for the reasoning for this, I must balance my work as a Moderator and faction lead out with my social, school and work-life.

Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
Sunday​
College 9am-4:45pmCollege 9am-12:30pmFree dayCollege 9am-12:30pmCollege 1:30pm-4:45pmFree dayPart-time Job
-------

4 ━ Software

The software we will be using to model is called blockbench, as mentioned earlier.

If you click on the word blockbench anywhere in this document you will actually be linked to the official website where you are able to download the installer and run it to install the software.​

[!]
I will explain how to install blockbench here so you are ready to start using it if you wish to follow along with my instructions during participation.

Steps to installing blockbench:

• Click on the link to lead you to the blockbench sight or direct yourself to the blockbench site.
https://www.blockbench.net/

• Click on download and select your device's platform

• Run the installer once it is finished and run through the setup wizard

• All done!​

Optionally, you can opt for the web app too if you're unable to download the software!

https://web.blockbench.net/
5 ━ How to Join

At the times scheduled, you will have to join my personal VC in the RPH Discord.

You are able to whitelist yourself for my VC on this google form.

https://forms.gle/Ai4vGbGNDYczwDdf6

Last edited:

Hirathex

Level 240
Administrator
Black Market Lead
Media Team
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
this is so cool?! i've literally always wanted to learn but don't know where to start, so totally gonna b joining this

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
Let me watch so I don't have to sign up
of course you don't have to follow along, you can also just watch, you will still need to sign up to the VC though as I'm terrible associating forum names to discord names sometimes

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
UPDATE

Streams will now be randomly held on my VC behind music where I stream the process of making custom items ordered by you all

elelmon

Level 24
elelmon_S
elelmon_S
Rich+
W O W, T H I S I S V E R Y P O G G E R S T H A N K S D A D. I'm going to make a furry plushie for you now

Aro

Level 174
HellGhost1
HellGhost1
Fundraiser+
Dang this guide's awesome
Now I need to spend 78 years of my life trying to practice this

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
i just started modelling and found this. this is gonna be so helpful omg

- - -

Level 15
Will ya help on Shading too? I model Id say fine but I cant shade ANYTHING. Here example:

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 14
  • unknown.png
    unknown.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 13

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
Defo going to be joining these on Wednesday's and Saturdays (if I do not have work). I've had an interest in learning how to model lately, and I have made myf irst model, although its not the best. . I attached an image of my attempted donut. (Keep in mind, I literally just downloaded the application and guessed til I made this)​

1677348986365.png

Users who are viewing this thread