MOKUZAI | Shop Application

Rika

Level 70
rikayo
rikayo
Omega

IGN: tokyovibes

Previous applications: [ALL ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/uninerds-russian-language-application.12860/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/rikas-french-application.18298/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/tokyovibes-korean-language-application.19843/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/lupus-authorization-application.19697/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/lovelyfates-mental-disorder-application.13972/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/lovelyfates-custom-script-application.14483/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/shop-6-application.17340/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/rikas-police-application.20319/
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/tokyovibes-student-council-application.16402/

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/rikas-staff-application.18202/

Previous warns/kicks/bans: I have had none as of now. The last time I have been banned would have been early 2015/16, however I don’t specifically remember the situation.

Shop wanted: I am applying for the shop Mokuzai; as of now, I plan to keep the name the same. In the future with approval, however, it may be changed depending on which direction the shop takes.

Why do you want to own a shop?: Of course, I have already run a shop in the past, “Sakura Daiso” or “BlockyMart”; however, I’m applying again as since then I’ve become more active. Running a shop was something I had managed to have the motivation with for around a solid year and a half; It was always almost something I always enjoyed even though I did have some struggles throughout it while I managed it. Throughout then, I do think it helped me get a better grasp on how to make your shop more successful, even in the beginning, and later on in its time.
I do want to start off with one of my main motivators for owning a shop was really the reason for shops itself; Convenience Stores usually target themselves to newer players with items such as food, phones, etc. they’d be wanting upon joining. Something I learned very quickly is that these are your main customer audiences, unless if you supply your own specialized items like customs. With the right amount of store staff you have on your team and the range of timezones you can manage to have, this makes it much easier to provide items to them when they are active. The mistake I did make in the past was focusing on how many openings I did at the same time, rather than spread out to both help players, earn money towards restocking and reach my monthly tally in time.
I will admit the fact as I have above that I struggled at points with the shop; however, after taking a break and both experiencing factors that can help avoid those instances, I believe I can put 110% more progress and motivation into owning a shop. Alongside this, further mistakes I made, specifically, by trying to profit too much at the beginning of running the shop will no longer be an issue and I think me having another go at this could make it one of the top go-to shops, not just for newer players, but to both experienced as well.
Within the mention of customer audience-- I’ve learned how to appeal to more than one specific audience in my time as an Owner. Right now, many shops other than Sakura Daiso only support a larger audience of experienced players; whether it be due to their pricing or their types of items. Now even though I don’t believe this is really an issue to have, I do think having another shop to have a fair-ground or balance to provide items to both is very helpful to have; otherwise, it’s much harder for both to get items anywhere other than the shop mentioned above.
Another motivation of mine is contributing to part of the server as a whole-- Shop Owners are one of the major roles on the server, usually a supplier to events and/or take part in them with things such as booths/items, or it is a new player first goal to visit.
With this-- I do plan to make my prices as low as I can. Of course, customs may be a bit boosted in order to make up for gaining extra stock that I can fit. But at this time, it’s not really a large issue when you first start off. I do have enough in-game currency to provide my own first order and continue off with a breeze. Of course, this may become harder with time if I do plan to get costly customs; but down in the next section is my current arrangement to add to the list of items the shop will sell at the beginning.
One of the things I’ve still carried with me and was one of the initial forces in me applying yet again was the community you can form by owning a shop. Interacting frequently with your workers, and customers, quickly lets you know more about the SchoolRP public and allow you to get to know more people. Of course, this benefits the shop too however, it also makes connections to people you may not have known without it.
Finally- I would say my last motivation I will be listing here is that being a Shop Owner has always been the one role to really attract my attention, and be something I truly enjoy being. I have experienced multiple roles-- being from Council to EMS, even more- however I haven’t ever found as much joy in anything else. I promise to devote as much time as I can to the shop as needed, especially in the beginning as that’s the most important time it will need it. As I did miss being in the role and didn’t go more than a few months without trying again-- it did hold something special in my heart being apart of and something that I cared deeply for. A lot of the mistakes, or things I had learned in my past experience I plan to use for the future and to help better if I am to be accepted again in this role.

What do you plan to do with the shop?: I do plan to keep the exterior close to the same as the previous owner has left it now, alongside that a close-to-similar theme; To be honest, I hadn’t had gone to the shop too often, however, I am familiar with a few of the custom items that have been added onto the shop previously; I plan to keep these at the start, however, I do want to add on a hefty amount of customs once I gain enough to pay for all if it ICly. Below I will go into it further of what I’m positive I’d want to add, however, I do want to state that these items will be within the range of stationery items or toys due to what the shop is allowed to sell. The field of items will mostly be from commonly known Animes and overall things you’d see appear often in their culture.
In my motivations, you’ll see that I do mention your target customer audience; as I do want to appeal more to everyone, I plan to make my prices as low as I possibly can, while still balancing out a normal pay for employees and profit from them. The markup at the beginning will be around 20-25% for employees to gain from, however with time once we gain more customs it will be lowered so people can afford our items at a smaller cost.
I intend to keep the shop strictly to how it was last left, along with a few smaller changes; Having a more traditionally themed shop is something that isn’t really used at any other store at this time, so I don’t think it needs to be changed at present; Something I do plan to direct it towards however is having smaller sales once we can afford it on holidays, or near them; I don’t think this was done in the past, even though it wasn’t around for too long ago before now. Having a persistent calendar in advance is really how I plan to keep up with this, as well as adding things like inactivity checks, days to count stock, etc.
Following my mention of inactivity, the same document that will be used to track stock will contain an extra sheet where it will be counted every month the number of opens they attended. Depending on how many they had made, they will be given a strike; Of course, I do plan to open 12 times a month, most will have to make it to at least half otherwise they will get a strike towards their removal. If someone is unavailable for the month, I will get an extra worker in their place, however, if it continues longer than a month then they will be removed. Precautions will be taken sooner, however, if there are more than a few people and/or this is consistent behavior seen from their side.
Stock will be counted weekly by a paid employee or myself; it may be checked sooner, though, if we notice major items we provide are running low. Of course, when I receive the first restock I will get stock that will last me for a while, but if it’s items that are less popular to purchase I may only get 15 or lower until sales start to rise. The most popular items are usually phones, custom items, Takeout Noodles, etc. so for the most part I will keep them stocked over in the 100’s category due to the mass command that usually follows with them.

How will your shop be unique?: To start off, I plan to add uniforms to the shop to match the shop's theme; these are more of retail uniforms you’d commonly see throughout Japan, however, they will be allowed to customize them depending on their choice. For each gender, there will be a range of different tan-brownish outfits to choose from and different accessories to choose from to add to the outfit you choose. For females, there will be three different uniforms to pick from. The first one includes white boots, a tan-brownish dress, and white short-sleeves to pair with white gloves. The second one includes the same color dress with white shoes and long white sleeves that fully cover the arms. The last of the different outfits for females is yet again the same dress with white long sleeves that fully cover the arms, black trousers underneath the dress, and white shoes. The similarities in the choices are the color of what is used in the outfits; for example, in every uniform, the dress has the same coloring and shading. The same goes for shoes and sleeves. For males, there will be two uniforms to choose from. Again, the same colors of the female outfits would be used. The first one would be simple tan dungarees with a white shirt that has long sleeves under it and white shoes. The second one is the same as the first except the white shirt would have short sleeves.

MALES #1

MALES #2

FEMALES #1

FEMALES #2

FEMALES #3

For customs, it’ll have a range of stationary items, toys, and accessories due to what we’re allowed to sell. If allowed later on however, I do want to expand into more categories than that with approval. However if not, then we’ll just continue to expand within what we have. Examples will be listed down below;

OKIAGARI KOBOSHI DOLLS

• Okiagari Koboshi Dolls are traditional roly-poly toys that if knocked over, due to their weight they will get back up by themselves.
KANZASHI

• Kanazashi are traditional japanese hair accessories sold throughout japan in thousands of designs, both modern and ancient.
OMAMORI
  • Omamori are good luck charms sold throughout Japan. They can be purchased for their individual selves or given as a gift to a loved one.
DARUMA DOLLS
  • Daruma Dolls are a traditional symbol in Japan to help grant wishes those that want; they’re used in a form of different ways.
TEDDY BACKPACK
  • A shoulder-slanted backpack with a bear...
MANGA

• Japanese graphic novels or comic books sold throughout Japan.
ZERO-TWO HORNS
  • A cosplay item from the anime Darling in the Franxx.
More will be added depending on what we can get immediately; these will be purchased sometime after if it is accepted.

Another aspect of the shop that I believe will be distinctive about it will be the interior of the shop. The arrangement of decor will be very similar to how the past owner had left it, but I do want very minor arrangements that I will hire one of the server builders to do themselves; it’ll be rather traditional, however, have a strong hint of nature throughout it. I do want to add a bit more color in the interior; mostly with banners, ranging in the Reds, Oranges, Yellows, etc. so it sticks to the previous traditional theme that was mentioned.
Something else I do want to do more of is hold sales occasionally as well as fundraisers; these usually ended strongly and turned out well when I had done these in the past. These aren’t held too frequently anymore, if at all, so nonetheless it may make our shop stand out and raise the amount of attention towards it. These events will be either to earn money towards a Sports Team, Club, High School/College, Hospital, etc. that we communicate with. This will ONLY be done if I know I can afford this myself and know it will not affect my ability to have enough to purchase restock after, or the following days in general. Events that we may hold also could come with a prize sponsored from our shop, or yen depending on what we choose. I do plan to keep these marketed towards Holidays, but we may have a few here and there that are not related.
I also plan to sponsor vendors at my shop; whether it be skins they make or custom items they’d provide to the shop, I believe it’d be a unique feature to have
Workers will also have a unique system set in place for them; this runs solidly on how well they do during their shifts and how they treat people. A forum will be made where customers that have gone to our shop can give reviews, and/or reports. For every positive review that mentions a specific individual's name, they’ll be given a certain raise per shift if they have the most out of everyone. This will go hand-in-hand with their overall activity rankings, too.

How many employees are you planning to have?: Due to the limit on the chests, I plan to have a total of 5 at the beginning if possible for Cashiers to see how many people attend shifts, how many people are needed per shift, etc. I won’t be hiring any security due fact most of the time, I will either be running a Cashier, watching over myself, or switching in between depending on how many of my workers attend each opening. Like I have previously done in the past, there will be promoted positions such as Manager and Co-Owner that can be obtained depending on their activity and how well trusted they are.
Subcategories of the Manager and Co-Owner roles will be;

• Shift Manager
In charge of counting the total amount of openings someone attends and recording it on the spreadsheet. They’ll make a “Worker Battlesheet”, where it basically ranks the workers depending on the amount of effort put into the shop within the span of a month. The top 3 people will gain a raise of 20k added onto their profit of the following month, however the lowest will receive a strike on their position unless they're above 5 attended openings.
  • Event Manager
The Event Manager will ensure that events are planned at a time where individuals can attend without an obstacle, and that we can manage to pull through them without major flaw. There will be specific people made onto a volunteer team to help go through with these and propose ideas.

• Stock Manager(s)
Stock Managers will count weekly stock and form sheets in order for us to send in to get delivered to the shop; an organized sheet to do this will have the item name, current count in stock, the max limit, and minimum that we can go without purchasing stock. If we hire new workers, too, they will also count the total amount of sales of each item we made compared to the decline in stock. If a number is off, that’d then tell us one of our workers was stealing and taking items without paying or telling a higher up beforehand.

Positions may be added/removed depending on how they’re seen as useful. Most will have a raise, or get paid for anything extra they do; trusted workers will be able to open the shop, also, if they have workers beside them and let me know before then.

UPDATES | NOTES : If there is an issue throughout any of the applications I can change whatever's needed. My current/active discord I use is rika#6551. With time I plan to make example sheets while waiting for a response that will be added. I'm aware I had run Daiso shortly ago, however, I think I am ready for another go, and whenever the point this is marked by.
An example of the current documents can be found HERE.

Last edited:

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
ACCEPTED
Great application! Make sure to DM me on discord whenever you're ready to start
MikeShotZ#0960

Users who are viewing this thread