players online

More Drivable Vehicles.

findouticly

Level 28
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: findouticly
What's the title of your suggestion?: More Driveable Vehicles.

What's your suggestion?:
I've been thinking recently, and I came up with an idea. How about we add new vehicles? I don't mean cars, but like skateboard, roller skates or a hoveboard? I know someone will come and say "Get a custom of it." But you cant really get a custom of a skateboard... I've already asked admins. I've made a small list of vehicles which should be added, their prices and what they could do?

VEHICLE:
Skateboard
PRICE:
ABILITIES:
Able to jump with the skateboard, make some tricks ect. It'd be as fast as a bike.

VEHICLE:
Roller Skates
PRICE:
ABILITIES:
It'd be slightly faster than a bike.

VEHICLE:
Hoverboard
PRICE:
ABILITIES:
It'd be significantly faster than vehicles above, as it is electric.

I know there already are skateboards, but you cant really use them, they're just a cosmetic... So why not turn them into a drivable vehicle, not just an item to show off?

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I think It'd add more immersion, as alot of people use skateboards, roller skates and hoverboards... and we already have a skate park, so why not add it?

Last edited:

Ruin

Level 119
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
sick ideas but it wld be hella difficult, almost impossible to make vehicles like these, mainly bc we actually "mount" the vehicle. Its a re-textured minecraft turtle that are being mounted thanks to plugins.

For roller-skates though, you could make it a boots item and when wearing, it gives you speed, maybe? I dont know.

DarkEclipic

Level 180
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1 to the rollerblades, as a rollerbladers I would LOVE to have some type of skates(I know this might not be possible but one can dream)

kustomzero

Level 145
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
+1
I know they said they were gonna try to make skateboards rideable like a vehicle a while back unsure if they’re still going to do it. But I do like all these ideas. (Plus if rollerblades and skateboards became rideable then the skate parks would be used a lot more)

findouticly

Level 28
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
it wld be hella difficult, almost impossible to make vehicles like these, mainly bc we actually "mount" the vehicle.
once the new update rolls into SRP, then it'd be able to resize an entity, then mount the player onto a resized... for example turtle or something. And i'm pretty sure to mount a player into an entity without the sitting animation, as I remember. I was an admin in now dead server, and I spoke with a few developers out there, and I think it's possible with a custom plugin.
For roller-skates though, you could make it a boots item and when wearing, it gives you speed, maybe?
something like that could 100% work!

Oliverium

Level 62
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1
I did hear adding skateboards n such would end up having the player sit on it though...
I love how motorbikes are easier to see while driving and think adding more motorbikes would be cool. Maybe even selling matching helmets (bicycle and motor ones) in the auto shop too?

Ruin

Level 119
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
once the new update rolls into SRP, then it'd be able to resize an entity, then mount the player onto a resized...
I dont think thats the problem, anything can be hidden with a resourcepack. The problem is that player model sits when mounting something.
Maybe the devs could add a diff way of mounting though just like you said

findouticly

Level 28
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
I dont think thats the problem, anything can be hidden with a resourcepack. The problem is that player model sits when mounting something.
Maybe the devs could add a diff way of mounting though just like you said
I've tried to work something out in vanilla minecraft with command blocks, and constant TPing works, but I'm sure it would have a bad influence on SRPs TPS, but perhaps there is a possibility to program it into Java? Like a plugin. I know some things here and there about programming, I'm on an IT profile in my school, so I can try :)

Ruin

Level 119
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I've tried to work something out in vanilla minecraft with command blocks, and constant TPing works, but I'm sure it would have a bad influence on SRPs TPS, but perhaps there is a possibility to program it into Java? Like a plugin. I know some things here and there about programming, I'm on an IT profile in my school, so I can try :)
Hey if you can manage it, that'd be pretty awesome. I'd love to have a skater character, I even had it written on my notepads, just havent done it mainly because there is no skateboarding

maraa

Level 217
jvllyfsh
jvllyfsh
Omega
+1 I could see this being somewhat hardish to implement in a way, but I'm all for the idea

findouticly

Level 28
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
I've came up with a great idea how this could be implemented.

By attaching the skateboard / other vehicle to the players chest? by this you could make it look like the player is standing on the vehicle.

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Whilst these ideas are great, we're unable to do this currently.​

Users who are viewing this thread