N/A

Do you have any previous bans?:
None, clear history.

What Country are you from?:
The United States of America.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?:
pimp#3333

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand that if I fail to stay active and perform lessons, I will be demoted from my position as a Professor.

Describe your activity on the server & the forums?:
I’m active on the server for around 2 hours on weekdays, and 8 hours on the weekends. I check the forums everyday or every other day to respond to posts.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
This is a timeline.
(Denied) Korean https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-korean.23060/
(Accepted) Korean https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-korean.23083/
(Accepted) French https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-french.23231/
(Accepted) Russian https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-russian.24226/
(Denied) Student Council https://schoolrp.net/threads/student-council-application.24404/
(Accepted) Italian https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-italian.25107/
(Denied) Event Team https://schoolrp.net/threads/80sluv-event-team-application.26372/
(Accepted) PTSD https://schoolrp.net/threads/ptsd-app.26697/
(Accepted) Korean https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-lang.27034/
(Accepted) Chinese https://schoolrp.net/threads/chinese-lang.27035/
(Accepted) College https://schoolrp.net/threads/ddulcets-college-app.27072/
(Accepted) Malagasy https://schoolrp.net/threads/malagasy-language-app-ddulcet.31035/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
I have three motivations for becoming a professor; creating lesson plans, teaching SRP players about neuroscience, and challenging myself to run a successful classroom. Firstly, I enjoy writing, therefore creating lesson plans would be an activity that I would enjoy doing in my free time. Secondly, I believe Neuroscience is an ignored subject today, but Neuroscience involves many interesting studies like Physiology, Psychology, and Anatomy. Lastly, I’ve always wanted to attempt to run a successful classroom in SRP, because I’ve seen it done before; and when that happens I can learn about the lesson being taught. This concludes my motivation for becoming a Professor.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I began playing on SRP in August of 2019, and I started SeriousRP around March 2020. I believe I have phenomenal knowledge of the role being playing because I understand how to fulfill characters. A big part of roleplaying is DetailRP, DetailRP explains an action with detail to help better understand the way the action is being done. Writing is one of my hobbies, so I enjoy DetailRP and practicing it regularly. Another hobby that makes me experienced in role play is Theatre. I’ve been to Theatre since I was around the age of eight, and it has aided me to be more outgoing. I can fully perceive the way a character concludes after writing them a backstory and thinking about their personality.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are logs of when a professor hosts a class. Classroom logs are important because they keep track of how many classes a professor is truthfully taught.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
The main rule in the classroom is respect, because respect is a broad spectrum of rules. While the professor is teaching, the students should be silent and paying attention. Showing the teacher and peers respect is the only rule I ask in students during class. If the whole class were silent, paying attention, and prepared then the lesson would stick with the students; and test results would be increased.
Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

Currently I’m an actress doing plays, videos, and projects in Theatre. Being an actress makes it easier to understand a character's personalities. Characters are supposed to be different than ourselves, so I see roleplaying as an opportunity to experience different kinds of lives.

I began playing SRP in August of 2019, and I’ve jumped around in many different role play types such as GangRP, FamilyRP, and DisorderRP. I was a leader of a gang in March of 2020, until I found toxicity rising in all of my members. I quit GangRP shortly after, and made my own family names the Bertellis'. It wasn’t as successful as my gang, but the people in it are some of my good friends today. After July of 2020, I wasn’t active in any type of role play except expanding my character’s stories. I had a character, Song Eun-Min, who grew up with abusive parents and developed PTSD from the incidents. The challenge in this was studying triggers and reactions of this mental illness. Recently I’ve made a character named Nadia Adamu that was accepted onto the Female Spartan Basketball Team, and this experience in the sports teams in Karakura is marvelous. All of the ladies on the team are kind and humorous individuals. Nadia Adamu was originally created to expand my knowledge in BusinessRP, and to gain back some self-confidence with a confident character.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete? What is a College-Professor's salary?
A professor has the responsibility to come up with a successful lesson plan to enable the students to grow in the subject. These lessons should be outlined and detail-oriented to limit mayhem in the classroom. Containing a peaceful classroom is also a responsibility of a professor. Peaceful classrooms allow the students to engage in the lesson instead of wasting their time focusing on the commotion. Around campus, FightRP related activity is abundant. Any school staff’s job is to break up the fight and take care of injured students. Part of breaking up FightRP is enforcing campus rules, such as no climbing on trees, trespassing in teacher’s classrooms, or bullying between students.

A college professor’s salary is 300k for every 15 classes, and another 5 classes will add 50k to the paycheck.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.
How does he/she look like?
Longwei Yang stands at a mere 6’4” with an athletic build. Longwei would walk at an above-average pace, and his posture would appear to be tough and prideful. His style would consist of suits and high-end clothing, with his signature piece being a navy-blue handkerchief. Longwei’s hair would be a thin, silky texture, and the length would reach out more in the front. His pale, ivory skin tone would be brightened by his complexion. When Longwei would smile, his dimples would sink in and he’d seem to contain a charming appearance. Longwei’s eyes would be a deep, sparkling ocean blue, and when he’d gaze at others; he’d compose a fierce, intimidating contact. His distinguished jawline and cheekbones complement his facial structure.

What makes him/her unique and different?
Longwei Yang is unique for a few different reasons. Firstly, Longwei has expansive knowledge on Neuroscience, Psychology, and Physiology. These subjects are what he mainly focused on during secondary school and college. Secondly, Longwei is eminently ambitious and strong willed. Longwei went from a failing Primary School student to the top of his class in Secondary School for a goal that he met. Lastly, Mr. Yang grew up in a crummy neighborhood that created his addiction to alcohol. When it was presented to him in a time of pain, he took advantage of this stress-reliever.

What is his/her outlook on Students?
Longwei views students as the future generation, respectable people, and his number one priority as a teacher. He believes that being a teacher makes him a guidance for students in their lives. Longwei would like to indulge students in science, creating an environment where they can enjoy it’s existence. Students should be respected by the school staff, although one has more power over the other. Longwei noticed if a student is being disrespected by a teacher or treated unjustly then the student will not act respectfully towards the teacher either. Since Longwei has taught previously, he knows about the responsibility of a professor. He devotes himself to their academic growth and safety on campus. He believes one day they’ll be his doctors, lawyers, and grandchildren’s teachers; so he works to aid the students to be above-average for when they get a job in the future.

What about the other teachers?
Longwei views other teachers as respectable, hardworking, companions, and dependable people. He believes that teachers work extremely hard to obtain the position they have today, therefore he respects them and acknowledges their hard work. Mr.Yang’s co-workers to him are companions that he can depend on for information on current events taking place at work.

What is his/her personality like?
Longwei’s personality type is an Architect.
These personalities are both the boldest of dreamers and the bitterest of pessimists. Architects believe that, through willpower and intelligence, they can achieve the most challenging of goals. But they may be cynical about human nature more generally, assuming that most people are lazy, unimaginative, or simply doomed to mediocrity. Architects derive much of their self-esteem from their knowledge and mental acuity. In school, people with this personality type may have been called “bookworms” or “nerds.” But rather than taking these labels as insults, many Architects embrace them. They are confident in their ability to teach themselves about – and master – any topic that interests them, whether that’s coding or capoeira or classical music. Architects can be single-minded, with little patience for frivolity, distractions, or idle gossip. That said, it would be a mistake to stereotype these personalities as dull or humorless. Many Architects are known for their irreverent wit, and beneath their serious exteriors, they often have a sharp, delightfully sarcastic sense of humor.

Some extra character traits Longwei possesses: fierce, hardworking, organized, empathetic, and charming.

What is his/her plan for the future?
1) Work as a professor or teacher, until he has enough funds to retire. Most likely retirement will be around the age of 55.

2) Educate the younger generations about science and technology, so they can find ways to use it in the future.

3) Befriend many different kinds of people in Karakura no matter their race, sexuality, or appearance; Longwei would like to experience how many different types of people process.

4) Travel to Europe while he lives out his older years. He would like to go see national monuments such as the Eiffel Tower or the Leaning Tower of Piza.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
I would walk up to them with a fierce look in my eyes, and I’d ask them to stop their childish behavior. If they ignore my request, I’d raise my voice and ask them again. If they disrespect me or continue to yell, I’d send a report to their designated principal. Before I leave the situation, I’d warn them of the report; this may make the students stop their antics.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
If a college-student was disturbing the rest of the class, I’d kindly ask them to stop around 2 times. After that, I’d send them out of my classroom with some work as punishment.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d swiftly open his desk drawer to pull out a piece of chalk. He’d briskly stride towards the chalkboard, with the chalk in his right hand. He’d begin to write “Nervous System” in a cursive type of handwriting. He’d slowly draw a line under the title, emphasizing its importance. Longwei would set the piece of chalk down on his desk, peering up at the classroom with a charming smile.

/me He’d casually walk up to the student, tapping his shoulder sarcastically. Longwei would put his hands on the desk, attempting once more to wake the student with a tap on the shoulder. He’d wait a few seconds, glaring at the childish behavior. After the attempts were ignored, he’d peer up at the students. He’d open his mouth, speaking with a loud, bold voice. “Sleeping during my lessons is quite disrespectful, don’t you think?”

/me He’d sigh, leisurely taking a seat in his desk’s chair. He’d open the drawer to his right, pulling out a stack of ungraded papers. Longwei would take his red pen from his pocket, popping the cap off the end. He’d briskly mark the papers one by one, carefully checking for the student’s mistakes.

/me He’d clap his hands optimistically, as he strode towards his desk. Longwei would brush his hair back with his fingers, taking a deep breath. “Hello, class! Welcome to my Neuroscience course!” He’d smile, looking around at the crowd, making eye contact with every student. He’d hastily pass out papers to every desk while briefing them on today’s lesson.

/me He’d promptly jog up to the situation, splitting the two apart. He’d check the two students for injuries, before taking them by the arm to a place where they could sit. He’d open his mouth to lecture the two… “What is the issue?” He’d examine the two, trying to find an indicator.

Backstory

335 words
Longwei Yang was born on November 26th, 1990, in Shanghai, China, at Changhai Hospital of Shanghai. His parents were Ping Yang and Ayami Yang, and he grew up in a middle-class home. When Longwei was born, he had a 5-year old sister named Biyu Yang. During Longwei’s elementary school years, he was quite popular, because he had attractive facial features and he was phenomenal at sports. Although he has popularity, he was one of the worst students in his grade. Around the age of nine, his brother Ling was born. After being the worst student in his grade, Longwei found science as something he wanted to pursue later in life. His motivation was now being able to graduate high school and attend college. He studied hard over the summer break before high school began, and asked Biyu to lend him her notes. Soon he was the top student in his grade; this was an achievement that many people admired. Longwei began a job as a cashier at the age of 16 so that he could have something to do in his free time. When Longwei graduated in 2008, he knew exactly what he wanted to do; he began a double major in Neuroscience and Education. During his time at The University of Tokyo, he fell in love with a lady his age named Yua Sato. This was Longwei’s first love, which ended up breaking his heart after 6 months. Longwei found that she was flirting with over guys during their relationship. This incident broke Longwei’s confidence in relationships, making him noncommittal. Longwei’s dream was to teach students about the science of brains, and how intricate they are. After he graduated from The University of Tokyo in 2012. Longwei passed the CELTA exam in 2013 on his first try. From there he moved to Chiba, Japan, and worked as a Chemistry teacher at Meisei High School. He resigned from the high school in 2019 and was currently looking to teach as a professor in Karakura, Japan.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1:
Personal Details

Full Name:
Longwei Yang

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr. Yang

Given Name(s):
Longwei Yang

Preferred Name:
Longwei, Wei

Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Chinese and Japanese

Current Location:
Chiba, Japan

SECTION 2:
Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
6 years

Working Experience (# of years):
8 years.

Academic Degree:
Two degrees in Neuroscience and Education.

Year of Graduation:
2012 from The University of Tokyo.

Major(s):
Neuroscience and Education.

Minors:
None.

Native Languages:
Chinese.

Other Languages:
Japanese.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I have a CELTA certificate, and I took the exam in 2013.

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Subjects in science, mainly Neuroscience.

Extra:

Additional notes about your application (if any):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/longwei-yang-ロングウェイヤン.31926/

Do you have any questions?:
None. Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread