Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-app-2-electric-boogaloo.45891/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-language-app.45869/ [Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/ban-re-apple.43199/ [Accepted]
[Denied]
[Accepted]
[Accepted]
[Denied]
[Denied] -[Accepted] (They told me to message them and we resolved it)
[Denied]

[Denied]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Grade 12, Rat

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Maths of any kind that they teach in the highschool classes really, Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry. I wouldn't mind any one being chosen over the other

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Math is my favorite subject, I wanna be able to teach it in a way that makes other people like math as much as me. I think it would be fun to have a new kind of roleplaying on the server. I've only ever been a student and an animal but a teacher is something I'm really passionate about becoming.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: Yes

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
From what I've heard the class logs are pretty self-explanatory. They're the logs of the classes a teacher has done. These are so the teacher can be paid and gauged by activity so teachers can be demoted or even fired for not hosting classes. They might also be used to gauge students' behavior and attendance.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Don’t eat in class
No cursing or rude talk
Don’t talk over people speak in turn raise your hand
Be respectful to teachers AND students
No phones or any electronics for that matter unless instructed by the teacher
No fighting or anything that would just be normally against school rules

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Well, I've been playing SchoolRP since 2018. Through the years I have had many characters with different personalities, likes, dislikes, the works. I have a lot of experience playing different characters and adjusting the personalities to the experiences the character has gone through since most of my characters have lived long lives in comparison to some of the other characters on SchoolRP.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of Department
↳ Description: The head of a department is the cream of the crop, the best of the best in their field. They’re so good they can assist other teachers to see if they’re following the rules of teachers because they know them so well.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Pretty self-explanatory, a Qualified Teacher is a teacher who is good enough to be known as Qualified. QT is kind of like HD in the fact that they’ve been doing what they do long enough to know how to do it right.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: NQT Is almost the same as UT except for they’ve been properly trained to be a teacher and NQT can host their own class. An NQT’s gotta prove that they are a skilled enough teacher to be tested and moved to QT if you test well enough.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: The UT’s are newly accepted teachers (like what I hope this application helps me get to be). They’ve just been accepted onto the team and cannot host their own classes and must be properly trained until they can move up to NQT.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, and what they do in their spare time in general.
A teacher’s job doesn’t end after school. Most teachers stay after school to finish grading papers and work on faculty stuff in general. Teaching kids is only half of what teachers do, the other half of their work is as important, if not more important than what they leave in the classroom. A teacher’s job is to make learning bearable, and if you can make it entertaining to students that’s a major plus. The only classes I ever learn anything in are the classes where I like the subject as much as I like the teacher.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
It’s kind of in the name of the server, the most important part of the server is the school. What’s a school without teachers? It’s a giant house full of unruly kids doing whatever they want through the building. Whether you think it or not the teachers make the server what it is. The teachers fulfill the SchoolRP experience. Most of my first memories of SchoolRP have to do with the school/teacher aspect and a teacher actually taught me how to properly roleplay because I was being a dumb newcomer in their class.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
If I understand the questions correctly and my research is right, I think it’s called Must Have, Could Have, Should have, Won’t have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?
Darcey M. Sedan is a very plain french woman. She is six foot tall, with shoulder-length wavy black hair, light gray eyes, and an outdated sense of style. She’s very timid and non-confrontational but assertive when it comes down to it. She’ll stand her grown if she truly believes she’s right and will take something she believes in to her grave. She’s set in her ways but, her ways are perfectly fine as is. She views students as young minds waiting to be shaped because she's still new to teaching so she doesn't know how nasty and awful students can be. She views the world as still pure. She admires other teachers because she knows how tough it is since she's been researching teachers. She’s driven, the world needs more people like her because if you don’t, the lights go out and the ice cream melts. She plans to be one of the best teachers in the school. Her incentive isn't money, she actually thinks she can shape students' minds and make them think of learning as fun. If she is wrong about something, and she knows it, she won't argue about it, she will admit her faults and take it on the cheek.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would walk up to the delinquents and tell them “Ladies and Gentlemen! This is a reminder of the rules set in place by the school. No cursing on school grounds get to where you need to be and if I catch you again It will be more than a warning.” and if the issue persists I'd let them know the consequences.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would slam my hands on the table to be assertive and loudly say, “Guys! We finish as fast as you work, if we can all buckle down and work a little harder we can all get to where we need to be.”

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Darcey would act exhausted like a new mother who just learned it’s gonna take more than teaching in a fun manner and being more lenient to win the student's trust and admiration. She would seem like she's constantly trying to keep up with everything that comes with being a teacher.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
She’d drag the used chalk across the board making a long drawn-out sequence of it. Eventually, the letters would form a name, “Ms. Sedan”.
/me The woman would quickly get up from her desk as if she had just gotten a cue from someone behind a movie set. Holding a stack of papers against her chest, she’d hand a single worksheet to each student while explaining the rules of the sheet. “(worksheet rules)”
/me “Today's warm-up will be a few simple algebra questions.” *She’d say as she handed out half sheets of lined paper.* “Use the paper I’ve provided and answer the questions numbered on the board.” *She’d say as she wrote each question individually on the board with chalk.
/me “Howdy children!” The woman would say enthusiastically. “I actually have an educational game today before we go into all that boring paperwork that you all hate so much.” She’d begin scraping away at the board with her chalk setting the game of HANGMAN!!!! up.

Backstory
Darcey M Sedan was born In Gironde France In her early life, she excelled in mathematics. All through primary school and secondary school, she didn’t have to put in any work for mathematics. She put work in any way because she had a true passion for learning, instead of just getting through school to get out of school. Eventually, every subject became a blur and she didn’t have time to focus on any one subject alone. No time for favorite classes just time for studying and school work. During high school, her mother pushed her to succeed academically. She was a straight-A student in high school until she lost her college scholarship. The reason for losing her scholarship was an addiction to Adderall, which she used to keep up with everything in high school. Her drug abuse led to a nervous breakdown that culminated in her jumping through a plate glass window and suffering severe injuries. Her mother wanted to ignore the incident, but Darcey chose to confront the addiction and go to rehab. As a result, Darcey became estranged from her family and eventually moved out. Her scholarship was lost, and she went to community college where she first attempted to get her bachelors in psychology. After a while she realized her true passion for mathematics so, she majored in Mathematics. She has been straight edge ever since her nervous breakdown and applied herself in college so it never went as wrong as it once did and she got her bachelor's degree. For a couple of years, she had no job that utilized her degree. She spent some time with a company that sold those pens that have companies' logos and names on them. Later she pursued a job as a bartender but after a brawl broke out in the bar she couldn’t handle it anymore. She decided she was better equipped for a job teaching young students. A job where you won’t get your head shoved through a jukebox in a bar fight.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Darcey Sedan
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss
Given Name(s):
Darcey
Preferred Name:
Darcey

Age (Minimum is 27):
Religious Denomination:
Agnostic
Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
French
Current Location:
Karakura Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

5 years of community college but no work experience as a teacher if that's what this means.

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Mathematics
Minors:
Criminology, Psychology

Native Languages:
French
Other Languages:
Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

I’m really passionate about this. If I’m denied I’d really appreciate it if I could have some notes on what I should change
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread