yBonnu
Omega+
INFORMATION

IGN of Club Leader
(In-Game Name): yBonnu

RPName of Club Leader: Etsuko Saito

Discord Tag (Discord#0000#): Bonnu#8868

Permanent Discord invite to the club discord:
Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of? Before the previous musical theater club disappeared I was a part of the cast. I got to experience behind the scenes of script making, rehearsals and actually performing on the gym hall stage. Through this I got further understanding upon creating, casting, directing and performing with a team. Hence, I was plenty of experience when it comes to plays IC based. I can confidently say that I am more than qualified to lead a club. I have had many experiences in leading roles, for example on my adult account I am currently the Chief-Judge for the government faction. I would also like a way to bring musical theater lovers together, a community where people with the same interests can create art they love. This club would allow every single one of it's members to participate in not only the performances, but the work that goes in to the arts behind it. I also have experience writing (long) documents due to my role on the event team. I typically create documents for my ideas and I intend to do so for scripts and necessities needed for our performances. I should also mention I have previous experience as a club leader as I took over the debate club at one point in time, meaning I do have a basic idea in general of how club leader’s should operate.

CLUB INFORMATION

What is the official title of the Club
: Musical Theatre Club

Your current members RPName & IGN: (minimum of 5)

Etsuko Saito | yBonnu
Masae Uehara | swagatron4lyfe
Leilana Haukea | laylaswife
Sora Seong | 6Pancake
Miki Ishikawa | CarnageRP
Misato Swann | GigiDaGigi
Seiko Seong | kesareta
Camille Fukuda | maeswife
Emil Sauer | sunoji
Sayori Bell | hobointhefries
Iroha Touhoku | Tourning

The club supervisor's RPName & IGN: Lorenzo Bianco | GhostlyRebel

What is your motivation for creating this club:
My motivation for this club comes from my love for musical theatre. If I were to run any club it would have to be this one as I am most passionate for this subject. Drama has always been a part of my life (real life and on screen...) and it has always brought me joy. As we have no current club based on performing arts I thought it would be best to bring back the club which brought me the most joy when it was still around in our school. If possible, I would like to bring the students of Karakura a way to build their confidence, self-esteem and ability to perform through the help of myself and the rest of the cast. Through each rehearsal and performance we will be benefiting the students who wish to learn more and also the students who love theatre as much as I do, and wish to enjoy our plays. This club will ultimately be a great addition to the club roster and will bring all sorts of students together, those who wish to be entertained, music based students, theatre production teams, actors and actresses, stylists and all other sorts.

What activities could your club do?:
One activity for club members to participate in would obviously be a play which welcomes the entire school to watch. This would be a fully produced event with actors, actresses, script writers, costumes, backdrops, and stage directors. For an entire school activity, the club can host a scavenger hunt around the school, with characters to give hints throughout the event. Our club members would be given their clues and backstories for their characters and a thoroughly planned out hunt for an item or prize will be written. The students will need to find all of the characters for all the pieces to the puzzle. Eventually they will locate the prize, the first three of which will win.

How could your club benefit the School?: This club would benefit the school as many students who wish to be performers for future careers will get very good practice out of the club. This would also give us a reason to use the stage in the gym hall for more than just assemblies. The large stage could be used to it's full potential with fitting backdrops and an incredible cast to put on the perfect school play for all to enjoy. We'd also like drama to be shown more in our school, as it sadly died down previously. Not only do we support actors and actresses, but designers and managers. This club would also require plenty of costumes made for our plays. Thus, we will also be giving students the opportunity to create the attire if you do not wish to be on stage themselves. This club can get all hands on deck, and isn't just for those who'd like to shine on stage.

How would your club use the club room the club will be assigned? The Musical Theatre club room would be used mainly for our meetings. Our meetings would involve script writing, auditions, casting calls and rehearsals. This in mind a club room would be very useful for us and we would use it to it's full potential. Our auditions would mainly be for members who wish to take on a role in one of our upcoming plays. If there is a heavy want for one character to be played, auditions will be held for all of the members who wish to take on that role to participate in. We will decide who will get the role based on the best short performance with a script given to them as they audition.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?: Basic knowledge on stage directions and performing arts vocabulary. They will also need to have characters which can speak Japanese fluently, as scripting is a big part of theatre of course. Members will need to be available for rehearsals and real shows too. If there are members who do not wish to go on stage, they will be required to benefit the performance in a different way. This could include costume designing and making, backdrop building, script writing and so on.

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
ACCEPTED

Congratulations, you have been accepted to found and lead the Theatre Club. Your ideas are great and everything was well explained. I'm sure you are capable of hosting big and successful events with your club! Please DM mariav#6666 on discord to get your roles set up.​

Users who are viewing this thread