players online

Mxxkie's College Council Reapplication

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft username?: My ign is Mxxkie (formerly FluffballBully)

Any previous warns/kicks/bans?: Yes I have a few kicks (for re-log purposes), and a ban that I rather not talk about here, but I'd be sure to explain more down the line.

What is your timezone in GMT?: My time zone is Eastern Standard Time.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username)?: Yes, it's Malachinrjb#1975 and I also have a mic.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zestois-culinary-teacher-application.20937/
(Denied)
(Ps: Fair warning, this was my first application, I was definitely not ready, and I've grown a lot since.)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/fluffs-malagasy-language-application.26656/#post-88329
(Accepted)

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: Since back from my ban, I've been on every day for most of the day, about 7-9 hours (I have no life). I attend most of my college classes and have watched most of the tryouts. However, lately I’ve been wanting more; so I decided to join a family, the Aldridges (and later down-the-line, the Maruyamas and the Princetons). I’ve also spent a lot of time saving yen since I just bought a custom vehicle. On the forums however, I'm less active only really using them to make applications or check my friends' applications. Also, I made an Onrain account. So as of now, I’m starting to learn about that.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?: The student council is usually elected by the student body. Their goal is to make their school or grade feel comfortable with their education. On top of that they also organize school related events.

Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc): Well, it was a mix of a few things. One was my college class. It was a particularly packed class that day. My professors did their best, but it was too much. These
near-adults acted like children and the things they said; it changed something. I wanted to get up and do something then and there, but I didn’t really have the authority. Also I have a few friends within the council like President Tat. Also, because I’m active and pretty chill and easy going I think my personality would also help the council. Because, honestly I doubt many people actually interact with the council, I want to change that. I don’t just want to show up for events or when there’s a problem. I want to be around to help people, new students, college professors, just help make our presence known. Also, as a person of color, I think I’d help diversify the council as well.

What does the school council of Karakura do?: The student council of Karakura helps run the school. Whether it’s school events, or just helping taking burdens off teachers or staff. They help new students start on the right foot and find their way in what at first can seem like an intimidating environment. Furthermore, they keep order in the school and enforce the rules. Overall, they keep the student body happy and running smoothly.

How would you describe your work ethic?: I’m great at problem solving, time management, I’m great under pressure, and multitasking. I like completing tasks with time to spare. I keep my promises and I like to be punctual. I’m very ethical.

What interests you the most about the student council?: I want to bolster the school’s image. I want to help enforce school rules and make Karakura a better place. I want to hold those who do wrong accountable for their actions. I want to be a part of something bigger than myself and put my skills to good use.

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?: Yes, I’ve got plenty. I was a staff member (Helper) on a multiverse roleplay server from 2013-15. This server included an eclectic of Fnaf, Steven Universe, Fantasy, Pirate, and more. I was also on a smaller server for just casual roleplay. I owned a few servers, mostly to just mess around on with friends and roleplay. Furthermore, when the Hive was known for roleplay, I was on there as well. All together at least 7-8 years all together

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?: Mookie would thank them for their contribution. He’d also explain how their idea could be rephrased and used in a different way. There’s no such harm in some constructive criticism. Plus there’s no need to put someone down, like he wrote for one of his English papers- some students, council members, might be easily “wilted” needing proper nurturing and care. If he shoots them down too hard, their confidence might be shattered and next time when they’re asked for their opinion, they’ll stay silent.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?: Hopefully they’ll be like Mookie and give him constructive criticism or he’ll ask them to. Mookie learns from his mistakes and rarely needs to be told something twice. He's a fast learner and Mookie takes things to heart. He’s sure no one would be out to get him, we have to be united and to do so, there’s gotta be some criticism.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?: Unfortunately in today’s world, debates and arguments tend to be the same. However, in a debate instead of relying on emotion; Mookie would try to present fact and logic. Most likely calling for a recess, in order to allow cooler heads to prevail. He's learned that time can change people. Most people like to act in the moment, but give them time to cool down, rationalize their thoughts, ****yze their logic and take control of their emotions; and usually an agreement can be made.

A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?: First, Mookie would do a bit of investigating; to see if the claims that a councillor is abusing their power is true. Next he’d try to explain the error of their ways to them. Finally, if they don’t show any sort of change, he’d warn them that he would get higher ups involved. A councillor is supposed to be a shining beacon for the school, not a burden. There are enough problems to deal with in the school and a problem solver shouldn’t be one of them. If you can’t control your impulses and act responsibly with your role, the council will find someone else who will.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?: Unsatisfied with the president’s decision, Mookie would most likely call for a vote. Not only would he make sure everyone else is in agreement, but as some evil dude once said “I love democracy”. Furthermore, as stated before, constructive criticism is necessary and can never hurt. Unlike some people, I don’t believe in controlling people through fear. The council should be comfortable talking amongst its own members and especially with the president.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?: Mookie would bring it to the higher ups and explain how their rivalry has affected their work ethic. In these situations, it’s unwise to get directly involved that way my loyalty isn’t called into question. However, it’s necessary to get the attention of those in charge and have the situation resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:
Keiko ‘Mookie’ Maruyama Princeton

Character Gender: Male

Character Age: 20

Character phone-number: 559-365-151

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality: Mookie would be a charismatic individual. Always looking to charm and make friends, he would be easy going. Eager to learn and to show off his academic prowess, he’d always be the first to answer in class. Due to his versatile personality, Mookie could get on anyone’s good side; including his professors. Always thinking ahead of time, he would have a backup plan for his backup plan to make sure nothing falls through. His wit would come in the form of words, always being up to make a pun out of anything. When dealing with situations, he’d be less confrontational and first try to solve most problems by talking them out instead of getting physical. Ever inquisitive, he would always do a bit of background digging to make sure both parties’ stories matched up.

Character appearance/attire: Standing at 6’4, K. ‘Mookie’ M. P. would have a calm and commanding posture. He’d have dark skin and a smooth complexion. Though a neat freak, his hair would be a slight mess of dyed blue dreads. Though a bit “unprofessional” he holds them dear as a way to honor his distant culture. Perhaps he thinks they’re cool or is just a bit hard-of-sight, but he would always have some sort of eyewear set over his eyes. Coming from the finer things in life, he’d almost always have some sort of professional or presentable attire, from a fancier get-up to just professional dress attire.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?: I believe my unique personality can bring a lot to the table. I have a high tolerance; for a position dealing with people, you’ll need thick skin. I believe my problem solving skills are also above average. I can de-escalate situations with relative ease, and if I can’t do it, I have enough sense to find someone who will (higher ups). There are times to be a leader and times to be a follower; I know I can lead, but I can also follow orders; I know my place.

Why do you want this position?: I want to add and be part of the progressive development of Karakura. I want to be a part of something greater than myself and put my skills to good use. I want to help improve my family names, Maruyama and Princeton. I want to make school run as smooth as possible and help the council’s presence grow. I want to help new students so they’ll never have to go through the confusion I did when I first came to school. I want to gain this life experience in leadership and become even more knowledgeable of the school and the events that take place.

What interests you the most about student council?: At first I was only interested in keeping order, but now I see there’s so much more to the council. I’m interested in making new friends, and meeting new people. I’m excited to hear all the great ideas we can come up with. I want to help make the council’s presence known as stated before.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?: I can contribute a plethora of ideas, a versatile personality,I know how to provide moral support, and seeing as I’m almost always around I’m reliable. I am one that researches student engagement, so that all voices are heard, and all ideas are heard and employed. I’ve always been an advocate for community wellness and bringing that back to the school to see how we can help. I champion the student body and encourage the betterment of Karakura.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread