players online

Accepted Mxxkie's Lore team Application

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega

IGN:

My main’s ign is Mxxkie. My alts consist of Wxxkie and Fxxkie.

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:

My discord is Mxxkie#1975.

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:

My timezone is EST and I’m from the United States of America.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:

Yes, I have a functional microphone and I can speak if need be.

Have you applied for a community team? If so, link your previous apps:

No, this is my first community team application.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

I understand completely and will ensure that is not my fate.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

Usually, I’m able to do my job without encountering complications. On the off chance that I do run into something, it may be some sort of personal matter/family emergency. If such a case does occur, I’ll make haste to notify the proper overseers; even then I shouldn’t be out for long.

What makes you different from other applicants?:

Well, I know several of the other applicants; I’m actually friends with a few of them! The way I see it, I am not of higher value, but different value! I feel as though each of us brings something different to the table.
❀ For example, personally, I find myself more creative than most. I like to think outside the box and ideas can come to me on a whim. The next step is merely putting it into writing.
❀ I feel that I am dependable and fair; always willing to get the job done.
❀ I do my best to contribute to something greater than myself while also lifting those around me up.

❀ Along with a decent vocabulary and writing skills, I excel in history! That’s what lore is, history; fleshing out the history of something through writing.
❀ Furthermore, I already have something to literally bring to the table! I have been working on several projects on my own, however without the Lore stamp of approval, I can’t go much further. What is the project, you may ask? Well, you’re just going to have to wait and see! Though, I think that’s one of my main drives behind applying.
❀ I have something here that I believe is interesting and fun. I want to be able to share that with people. I’d love to see it work out in the end. I honestly don’t care about some shiny tag, I just want the opportunity to show you all what I’ve got and hopefully contribute to something bigger than myself; I genuinely believe I have something to bring to the table.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

I’m a storyteller. I like coming up with complex, but relatable plots. I like to make my writing feel genuine and intriguing. I like to give people a laugh while also giving them serious information. I like to break things down so it’s easier for others to understand. I like detailing my work so those reading can truly picture it in their mind. Above all, I like to explain things with my writing, when you look at lore and writing as an explanation to something; inspiration can come from everywhere.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

Yes, I’ve created lore for characters in the past; both from SRP and personal characters. I’ve created lore for other worlds as well. I’ve taken several writing classes and continue to hone my skills and perfect my work. Within the SRP community, I serve as a journalist on Mxxkie. With that position, I write short “vlogs”. Though they’re written, they’re typed out to the allusion of an actual video being played; most find them enjoyable.

What is lore to you?:

To me, lore is storytelling. It’s how one can explain complicated things, the world around them, in a simple and exciting story; like a fairy tale! Through lore, I’d like to present stories with deeper, universal meanings behind them; lessons to be learned.

Lore is about writing, history, imagination, and information. By describing history and events you can spark the reader’s imagination while also feeding them easily digestible information.

WRITING PROMPTS
Write a 200-800 word story for a day in the world of Karakura
[652 Words]

“There it is!” I cried; hurrying over to the side of the boat. The smell of salt filled the warm breeze that had been carried over miles of the ocean’s surface and across the deck of our vessel. The wind danced around my dreads, bouncing them to and fro. After three separate plane flights and a ferry, it was hard to imagine I had finally made it.
The first thing I took note of were the triangles that commanded your attention. The image was surreal. Over the loudspeaker I heard our captain speak for the first time since boarding. His smooth voice would hum out of the speaker, “Uhhhhh- this is your uhhh captain speaking, uhhh if you look to your left you can uhhh see our destination; the island of Karakura.” He’d continue to ramble about timing, facts and figures, and everything I had found boring. I hopped from side to side as the triangles took on a new form; towering mountains. My first thought consisted of “Are we going to have to climb those!?”. My fear was quelled as the ship made a C-turn, following an invisible circumference of the island. Now we were on its eastern side, it was absolutely stunning. What the mountains had hidden was now on full display for all to see; the blossoming city of Karakura.
We were approaching its beachfront, towards a docking area. I quickly ran below deck to gather my things. In the process, I woke up my siblings. “Yo! Up and at ‘em! Guys- Gettdap!! We’re here!” Lazily, the two slowly rose from their slumber. Tyrone sighed as he grabbed his luggage, groggily moving out of the room and up the stairs out of sight. Sif had sprung to her feet already, and in a flash of yellow and white, she was out the door and on the deck. I followed them back up to the deck. Like me, they both were stunned by the view of what was to be our new home. Sif held her right arm up, cradling the crown of her straw sun hat. Her aureolin stained maxi skirt slowly rolled in a constant pattern, mimicking the crashing waves below. Her white blouse shifted slightly as the wind entangled itself in it and found itself lost. “So… this is it? Karakura?” She asked cautiously, as if the answer would kill her, “Yeah, that’s what the man [captain] said.'' She didn’t speak again, appreciating the view and the rolling waves as we approached closer to the beachfront.
The ship slowed and with one mighty roar and a bit of a jolt, we came to a halt. The captain began speaking again, more rambles about safety and procedure; but before long, we found ourselves on the dock below. After retrieving all we had brought, passing through checkpoints and identification centers, we finally made it to the town center.
Once there, I called our uncle to come pick us up. I found ourselves on the edge of a flower patch, I leaned down carelessly picking one and inspecting it. “An Iris I suppose” I said to myself, but as if she could read my thoughts, an old woman corrected me, “Hanashobu… They’re called hanashobu.” For just a moment, I expected a scolding for picking something- taking something that wasn’t rightfully mine, but the elder only smiled at me; my nerve was gone.
Suddenly, I was snapped back to reality by the sound of a car door closing, turning back, I was met with my uncle’s quick approach; arms extended. “Keiko! Ty! And my little Peach is here too? You’ve all had quite the journey! And look at you two-” he said turning to Tyrone and I, “gotten so big since the last time I saw you! I can see you’re hungry… there’s this great place not too far from here! C’mon you three; welcome to Karakura!”

[663 Words]
(I was a lil’ confused on this one, I didn’t know if it was asking me for a second story or not- Either way, this next one focuses more on dialogue than scenery, so I guess it’s sort of a blessing-in-disguise. Now you can see the other side of me! Err, anyway- Enjoy!)

It started with a knock. I rose from my seat, making my way across the room. My indigo-soaked jacket blew behind me like a makeshift cape due to the sudden breeze. My shoes clipped against the wooden floor boards beneath me; forcing them to creak. Adjusting my glasses entangled in my messy dreads, I opened the door.
In the doorway, a rather disheveled girl stood, “Hey look I’m sorry to bother you, but there’s a fight in the boys’ bathroom- Second floor!” I nodded to her as I made haste to exit the room, closing the door behind me. She followed me like a lost puppy; as if I hadn’t a clue of where I was headed. To keep her from distracting me further I slide my hand into my pocket, fishing out my phone. Flipping it open, I dialed up Chloe. “Heyo it’s your favorite dreaded councillor- Look, if you’re not busy- there’s a fight upstairs- I know I can handle it, but if you wanna get in on the actionnnn~ Mhm!... Sweet! Cya real soon!” I hung up, a smile growing on my face as we reached the bathroom.
Without much hesitation I stepped in and with a single finger snap I had them all trained on me. “Alright, alright; party’s over! What’s going on in here?!” To literally nobody's surprise, the faces that I was greeted with consisted of those of bobcat sport team origins; basketball and football. “Oh for the love of Ark… Why is it whenever anything happens in this school it’s always you guys?... Alright, alright, take the kid’s head outta the toilet. You know the drill, everybody follow me.” Triumphantly, I led the boys from the bathroom; leading them downstairs where at the council room, we were met by Chloe.
“Alright, inside everyone; inside! No pushing! OI! Watch the shoving! That’s right, in you go! Atta boy!” Feeling as though I had just commanded paratroopers from a plane; I followed in after them. “Take a seat, take a seat; don’t be shy! Ahem, eyes up here. This is how this is gonna go down, pay attention because I don’t like repeating myself. For those who do not know me, my name is Keiko Aldrige, but Mookie or sir is fine. You should all know why you are here. What I want to know is what happened exactly. Soooo that being the case, one by one you’re going to recount the events that transpired in that bathroom. No one else except the designated speaker is permitted to talk out of turn. If you must speak for whatever reason, please just- raise your hand? I don’t want any of you in trouble, so don’t make any and there won’t be any; do I make myself clear? Good! Now you-” I’d point to one of the football team members, “start us off; what happened in that bathroom?”
The boy continued to recount his tale, the rest remained silent. Chloe was quick to warn anyone who stepped out of line. For nearly a period, the discussion continued and was peacefully resolved with an apology and a promise. “Okay look, it sounds like a big misunderstanding. You both sorted out your differences, now shake on it. I’ll let you go with a warning, but if I catch it again, I won’t be so kind… You’re all free to go.”
After ushering them out, I gently closed the door and turned to face the cinnamon haired girl. “Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the help- I just- don’t get it! Literally, I’m really trying here… I don’t want them in any trouble, but these kids gotta learn that they can’t just be doin’ this stuff, ya know?” She’d nod her head in agreement. “Ehhh what’s say we go try to bust the cheerleaders? I’m sure they’re harassing someone right now.” With a snicker and smile, we both exited the room, intent to do our job on another rainy day in Karakura.

Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like classrooms/gardens etc.) Why? What makes it special?

I feel that one of the most important geological structures in Karakura is its outlying mountain range. Serving as a natural barrier, it could be responsible for Karakura’s prosperity and survival; along with the opposing oceanfront. They are a constant overarching presence in Karakura and no doubt an attraction for the daredevils among us; not to mention cautious mothers who spin tales to steer their troublemaking children away from said mountains out of concern for their safety. Though the trek is dangerous, I think the view is worth it!

(And for a lil fun, I made this lil tale about the mountains)
❀ Long ago, there lived a widow and her son. Her son was truly his father’s, sharing the same jet black hair, and though a cheeky smile, rather mournful eyes. Without a father, the boy tried his best to overcome the odds and restore honor to his family tree; it just so happens he’d get the perfect opportunity to. With the outbreak of a second World War, Japan’s men were sent off to face the enemy and seeing an opportunity for glory and honor, he was one of the first to sign up. Off to war he went. He boarded the first ship to the mainland. His ship departed, making the typical C-like turn around the island, displaying it to the men who would never see it again. Though, the thought of death didn’t phase them. Instead of a parting gift, they used the image to remind themselves of what they believed they were fighting for. From atop one of Karakura’s many mountain precipices, the mother watched. She did not share her son’s sense of honor, instead she was mournful; fearing the loss of her only child. Her long, black hair swayed in the wind. Her glassy eyes were glazed over as she didn’t allow a single blink; as it could possibly steal the last image of her son. Her white dress also swayed, rolling like the crashing waves against the rocks below. There she stayed, day after day, night after night, waiting for her son’s return. Days turned into months, months into years, and no sign of him. Her body began to betray her, growing hold and hag-like, but she continued to wait, until that fateful day. The letter she dreaded more than the Devil himself arrived. Filled with grief only a lonely, childless widow could ever truly know, she fell; the waves crashed below. To this day, mothers’ warn their children not to venture up the sides of the steepest mountains of Karakura. There are whispers of a weeping woman in white. Her cries echo like the howling wind through the peaks of the mountains. Some say she stays stationary on that doomed cliff edge, others say she wanders the mountains, looking for her son. However, legend says if a lonely, troublemaking child is found on the mountain by her, she’ll take them as her own, in a bid to fill her empty heart; the children are never heard from again. So beware and heed your mother’s warning, or meet the gaze of the weeping woman in white.

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the lore team! After discussing your application we've come to the conclusion to accept your application. Your writing is fun to read and has character.

Users who are viewing this thread