Accepted Mxxkie's Lore Team Reapplication

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega

Mxxkie (1).gif

IGN:
For this position, I am applying under my main account of Mxxkie.

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):
My Discord is Mxxkie#1975.

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I do have a microphone, and will be able to communicate over voice calls, during meetings, etc.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
Currently, I reside in the United States of America within the Eastern Standard Time Zone (EST).

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

I understand and recognize the possibility, but I will do my best to ensure that does not occur.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

While I’m currently looking toward a very open, relaxed, summer, I am, at the end of the day, a college student. I plan on returning to campus next fall, so activity may be reduced, but not hindered. This should last between September through October, but I will then have my winter break leaving November, December, and January relatively open. Furthermore, in case of emergency or an unforeseen event, I will log my period of inactivity accordingly.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

There’s something intriguing about delving into stories, and telling stories. I believe we exist on this planet to tell stories. It’s human nature. I enjoy writing dialogue, doing character studies, and when it comes to lore, tackling writing from a parental perspective. It’s fun and intriguing to put myself into different headspaces and furthermore, convey specific ideas to a larger audience; to be a master of communication.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

I do! As you will come to learn, I have had the honor of previously serving as a member of SRP’s Lore Team. During my time here, I was responsible for several documented accounts of events that transpired, and more notably, several lore blocks, all of which can still be found and read around the current server’s map. However, my work has transcended SRP, and I have had the great honor of being featured in several academic journals and papers. In fact, because of a piece I wrote, a short twenty-odd-something page =story, back in the Fall, I was invited to host a workshop and speak in front of my peers and professors at the university I attend. This allows for a perfect segue into my work outside of SRP. I currently study, and work to perfect my knowledge of, the Art of Dramatic Writing. For those unaware, dramatic writing entails script writing, for screenplays, television shows, and movies, and has a particular focus on dialogue. I will admit, I am not the greatest when it comes to descriptive, flowery language, but I know what to direct my attention to and what it takes to write substantial lore.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

Often lore can equate to folklore, fairy tales, legends, and what are the purposes of those works? To explain, to understand, to imagine, and to thrill. In my opinion, every work of lore should encompass one of those four characteristics. To better understand this relationship, during my previous work as a Lore Team member, I put myself into a parental mindset. Basically, I asked myself that if I had a child, how would I explain it to them? Then the next step was to simply embellish and produce a more sophisticated work from it. Lore is how worlds are created, and will continue to be the catalyst for excellent world building.

WRITING PROMPTS:

From 200ft

And from 200ft, the girls heard the shriek of metal, and felt the enormous ride’s momentum come to a screeching halt.
“Uuuh. . . what just happened?” Asked Tatiana.
Darling rose from her seat and looked over the side of their car down to the pier’s wooden base and toward the ride operator’s post. “Beats me.” She said, as she tried to get a better look, but with each movement, their car swayed in the ocean’s breeze.
Tiffany, on the other hand, was not doing too hot. She looked as though someone had bitch-slapped her across the face with the world’s thickest slice of bacon. “D, I swear to God if you don’t sit down right now.”
“Huh? Whaddid I do?” She questioned.
“I think she’s talking about you moving the car.” Tatiana said.
“Oh.” Darling said with a frown.
“You good, Tiff?” Tatiana asked.
“No, I am so not good! I am the opposite of good, I am bad!” Darling shifted around again. “D!”
“Sorry! I’m sorry!” Darling said, quickly movingaway from the car’s doors and rim.
“Don’t tell me you’re afraid of heights. . .” Tatiana said.
“No, you dunce, I’m not afraid of heights! But I-” Darling, for some reason, decided to jump back into her seat, causing the car to violently jolt. Instantly, Tiffany covered her mouth with her palm, and hunched forward. After she swallowed what she assumed to be a mixture of pier popcorn, and corndogs, she spoke out again in a whispering groan. “I think I’m going to hurl.”
“Easy, easy, I gotchu, girl.” Tatiana fished into her handbag and retrieved a plastic bag. “It ain’t much, but if you really do feel the need, there you go.”
“Wow, thanks, Tat.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.
“Whaddya think happened down there?” She asked.
“I’m not sure, I saw a few guys down there though, they were pretty cute!” D responded.
“What guys?” Tiffany inquired.
“Uh, I’m not sure they were like total dilfs though! Oh- And they had these big letters on their shirts; it was like-” She moved her finger in a clockwise motion as if a needle moving through different areas on a meter, her eyes moved in the same direction as she recounted. “Man- Ten- Nance? I mean, they were definitely men alright, and total tens all around the board!” She squealed.
Tiffany squinted. “Mantennance-” Her eyes widened. “D, you idiot, it’s pronounced maintenance, they were maintenance workers!”
“Oh like- poor people?” Darling tilted her head.
Tatiana shook her head and held back a snicker. She cleared her throat then consoled Darling. “Oh honey, no, they’re like- they fix things.”
“Oh so the ride’s broken? That’s not so slay.” Darling chimed as she looked over her nails.
“Please don’t say that.” Tiffany whispered as she wrapped her arms tightly around her own waist.
“What? That she’s just not serving today? It’s okay though, we can’t always have a good day” Darling said as she gave the metal car’s wall a pat.
“No you dunce, that it’s- Oh I can’t even say it!”
“That shit’s broke.” Tatiana chimed in.
Tiffany shrunk more into her seat.
“Oh. Well, look on the bright side girls, now we can get the perfect sunset selfie!” Darling said as she rose from her seat posing with the ocean’s view behind her.
“Is that why you wanted to come on this ride?” Tatiana asked. “Well, I guess a two-hunnie foot ferris wheel is as good a place as any.”
“Oh God, I’m so like- going to freak out. I need to get out of this ride, pronto!” Tiffany said as she rose to her feet. She ran to the car’s door and poked her head out of it. From 200ft, she screamed down to the maintenance workers. “Hey! Hey! Yeah I’m talking to you, Jorge, or Pablo, or whatever your people call themselves! My name is Tiffany Fears, and my mommy didn’t put me through beauty pageants since the age of five, up until I was twelve, just to die up here five years later! So if you don’t want my daddy’s lawyers to sue your asses into oblivion, you’re gonna get me down from here, right now!”
From the ground, they looked up at her.
“Do you know what that girl is saying, Amir?” One of the maintenance workers said to the other.
“Tidak (no). Let us just get this ride operational.” He hit a button.
There was a loud noise and the ferris wheel began to move again.
Tatiana shrugged before she spoke. “Wow, Tiff, I gotta give it to you, months of shouting out verbal orders as the cheer captain has really paid off! Looks like we’ll be down in no-”
Suddenly there was a loud scraping noise and the car suddenly dropped. It was as if some belt holding everything in place had snapped, and the ferris wheel’s rotation was sent into chaos, it spun like a washing machine. Tiffany fell flat on her ass, Darling slammed her face right into the plexiglass, and Tatiana dug her nails into the leather seat’s padding as they all held on for dear life. The maintenance workers looked on in horror.
“Amir, you buffoon, what have you done?!”
“I got it, I’ve got it!” He worked to correct the problem.
The girls screamed in unison.
“Oh sweet Jesus, if I die right here, right now, please- just let it be known that I didn’t sleep with Haruki!” Tatiana pleaded.
“If I die! Please let my dog know I loved him!” Darling squealed.
“Holy shit!” Tiffany screamed. “Someone stop this thing! I swear to God if I die, I’m going to kill you for making us come up here, D!”
The ride suddenly came to another grinding halt, the maintenance personnel were able to slow the ride, and one by one, the cars touched down and each occupant made for the exit. After about ten minutes, everyone was safely off the ferris wheel. The last to exit were the three cheerleaders. Tatiana came out first, as she helped Tiffany out of the car. Tiffany’s arm was hooked around Tatiana’s shoulder and the two limped out.
“Easy, girl, I gotchu, I gotchu, one foot after another.” Tatiana said.
“Ohh. . I’m gonna!” Tiffany broke away from her friend, turned away from the crowd, and puked.
“Tiff-!” Tatiana reached for her friend as Darling came tumbling out of the car, and rolled down the steps onto the wooden planks of the pier. “Oh, D-”
Eventually, Tatiana helped both of her teammates to their feet.
“Uhhh.. I haven’t been that dizzy since Jeremy gave me that funny tasting drink at the party.” D said as she stumbled along.
“Pablo!” Tiffany said as she drunkenly stormed toward the maintenance worker.
“My name’s Amir.” He said plainly.
“Okay, Alejandro, I don’t care what your name is, you should count yourself lucky we didn’t die on that death trap!” She raised her finger up to him. “You tell your boss he’ll be hearing from my lawyers!” She threatened. Tatiana pulled her away.
“Sorry about her, mister, we’re leaving now.”
“You know girls, that was pretty fun; let’s do it again sometime!” Darling suggested.
“Oh shut up, D” Tiffany and Tatiana said in unison as together, the three girls headed toward the beach.

The Girl and The Pool

Once upon a time, there was a girl who wished to be perfect, and a mother that loved her.
“You know, looks are not everything, my daughter.” The mother said to her daughter.
“Oh, mother,” the daughter said, “you are simply jealous of my beauty.”
“No.” The mother said. “I pity your vanity.”
“Vanity?” The daughter asked. “In what ways am I vain?”
“You care too much for your looks, beauty that you will not always keep, as you grow old, your beauty too, like a caterpillar into a butterfly, will undergo a metamorphosis and you shall change outwardly. You grasp to finities.” The mother said.
“Oh, mother,” the daughter said, “you have grown old, and tired, and you resent me for my youth.”
“I do not, my daughter, I only wish for you to heed my advice.” The mother said.
“I do not need your advice,” said the daughter, “in fact, I do not need you. I will prove to you that my beauty is divine, and that not everything has to grow old!” And with that, the daughter fled from her mother’s home.
The daughter spent months traveling around Japan, but as time crept on, so did wrinkles start to appear over the daughter’s sagging skin. Was her mother right? Is beauty truly finite? The daughter wouldn’t allow it. So she set off for a cure. As she traveled, she began to hear rumors of elusive waters, a pool of rejuvenation, they called it. If she were to retain her looks for all of eternity, she needed to bathe in those sacred waters. Her voyage led her away from the mainland and to an unnamed island part of an archipelago just off the Southern coast of Japan.
It was an untamed wilderness, with a vast mountain range that towered above the foggy waters that surrounded it. The girl told her guide to leave her there, and that she would not return until she was beautiful. Armed with little in terms of supplies or rations, the girl set off into the jungle. She encountered all sorts of heavenly sights. Flora and fauna fit for Eden, with vibrancies she never could have imagined. They were beautiful, and she would soon join them. As she ventured deeper into the island, so too was the beauty of the creatures amplified; she was getting closer.
Her travels eventually led her to the base of one of the island’s highest peaks. The trek was treacherous and she sacrificed sleep, nutrition, and sanity along the way. She had finally made it near the peak of the great mountain when she stumbled across it, a pool of water nestled between two peaks that reflected the heavens above. It was still, and clear, and had not a living creature inside. This is it. This had to be it. The pool of rejuvenation that the girl had sought for so long. She couldn’t resist, she disrobed, then she stepped in. Nearly instantly, her body took on an ethereal glow, and her flesh tightened, her hair became lush and silky, and the girl was beautiful again. She brought a looking glass with her, and each day she opened it to see she was even more exquisite than the last. However, as time went on, she learned of the pool’s true nature.
If she dared leave the waters, even for several minutes, her body would fail her. Her knees were weak, and she was malnourished, her skin would sag and take on an ugly tint of pale. So in the water she remained, dependent, beautiful, and a source of nutrition for the waters that leeched off of her.
Months had passed since her arrival to the island, and her mother grew worried. The girl's mother followed her daughter’s footsteps. Accompanied by a search party, she invaded the island and had it colonized. The animals were hunted down, slain, and sold. The lush forests were cut down for their wood, and before long, the party reached peaks of the mountains and that’s where they found her. Shriveled up, no more than a husk, the once-beautiful girl lay dead, as an ugly corpse. She had only managed a few feet away from the pool, before presumably collapsing. Now, she lay there, unmoving, with her arm extended toward her looking glass.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
ACCEPTED
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. DM gncme#4317 on Discord to get your roles set up!
As they'd say, welcome to Lore's Court.​

Users who are viewing this thread