mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted My science (Chemistry) teacher application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
IGN: InhaleMyDuck
Previous bans: 1: because of arguing with the owner.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes i do understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on nearly everyday, I mostly talk to the staff on teamspeak, and i do interact with the players on the server and i have made a lot of friends while joining the server.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?:
Yes i do have teamspeak.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes i also have access to a microphone.

List your current and past applications:
I do not have any past applications.

What is your motivation for applying?: I noticed there are not many teachers on, so i would like to be one and do a lot of classes as i mostly love to interact with players and being a teacher will allow me to interact with them a lot more. I also like the idea of doing classes and i think it will be fun to do.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?:
Yes i have read through the thread.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
In my school we have a room called the saferoom which is for children who struggle or can not work well, I am a helper in that room and i have been so for 3 years.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee, Newly qualified teacher, Qualified teacher learning and skills, Head of department.

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?:
Yes i do understand the megathread for teachers.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?:
I feel like teachers that are not active for a long time should be told and given a very strict warning and should be active more.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general: A teachers job is to educate pupils/Students to learn more about life and about the future world (getting a job or running a company). Also to give them a understanding of life and how to succeed in life. Teacher from where i come from get around £22,467 - £33,160 but in other country's such as japan as the location of the school is in japan is 250,000 yen. Teachers are the main thing a school needs, a students job is to receive information that the teachers gives, a students learning is measured through tests and assessments. A Teachers primary goal is to give knowledge to the consumer (student). If a lot of work is done that day they might have to stay behind to mark work or take the work home to do it there. If there is a test they will do a group up with other teachers and mark the test. They will also stay behind and do after school for student(s) and help them catch up.
And i think the most thing that some students do not understand is that teachers are people too so they do normal things like go shopping or watch a movie, go out on the night having fun, anything like a normal human would.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
It is "SchoolRp" which is school roleplay and like every school it needs teachers, also it gives it a lively feel to show the school is alive and adds more to the roleplay experience.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee:
A Trainee is the newest rank you can get as a teacher. A trainee cannot start a class up, they must sit there and watch another teachers lesson (must ask though) and learn what the teacher does and gain tips and things to teach in the future.

Newly Qualified Teacher:
NQT is a promotion from trainee, so now you can start lessons but you must make sure things are okay and a go with the HD, you must also check for lesson plans, you do not have to follow them but you must teach key elements in your lessons.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills:
This is seen as the normal stage as a teacher, so you can now start a lesson whenever, BUT must let other teachers know.

Head of Department:
This is the rank where you run the department (English, Science) so it is your job to make lessons that other teachers in your department can follow and make sure they teach the key elements. You can not become HD if their already is one, but you can get Co-HD.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
It uses MoSCo which means (Must have, Should have, Could have).
CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? :
He is in his late 30's, He wears a sailor hat, glasses, and a bow tie, he wears shorts and
sandals.
What makes him unique and different?: He has a very big moustache and does not wear normal clothes like other people do. He also was once a sailor for the British navy, and has been in camps and has learnt discipline so he is very strict but can also have a laugh (basically you be nice to him he will be nice to you). He once was doing a perimeter check with his crew and was getting attacked from land, he was the only survivor, and now suffers from PTSD when ever someone says "Mayday" it could trigger his PTSD, and he cannot watch the titanic without crying and also having a panic attack.

What is his outlook on Students?: He has always wanted to be a teacher and has loved teaching kids, so he went on his way to get a degree to be a teacher. He sees students as normal kids BUT he hates ones that are dramatic and he hates kids that mess around, If a kid is being mis-behaved he will be very strict and get very mad and will show no mercy.

What about the other teachers?:
He sees the other teachers fine, he dislikes kasss though because she would not let him teach a "Safety in boats" performance, but he dislikes performance because he sees it as a useless subject.

What is his personality like?:
Strict, Well going, Well to get along with, Goofy sometimes, Can be a cool teacher to hang with, Dislikes movies so he watches anime, Likes to give advise and be seen as a role model.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I'd walk up to the students intimidatingly and announce to them that if they did not start to behave,
disciplinary measures would be taken.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I'd attempt to get their attention by slamming some sort of heavy object onto my desk and wait for them to calm down. The ones remaining to talk would be given necessary punishment.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?:
I would probably just eat my food while talking to other teachers, i would also make plans for my next lesson.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.:

/me demonstrates what would happen when benedict's and starch are mixed together.

/me passes out gloves to each student whilst explaining in a moderate tone what to do, "You will put on your gloves and simply.. wait.

/me get's out a tray of testing tubes and beaker and stirring rod

/me checks various emails from the school district

/me lights stick on fire to ignite the Bunsen burner

BACKSTORY

Arkhangelsky Donute was born in Birmingham, England in 1980. His small family was always in debt and lived in a tiny, cigarette scented apartment. Though, he did not know that a terrible childhood awaited him with an abusive father and lots of alcohol. By the time Hangel was 12 years old, he had grown to develop depression. He found out that his mother passed away as soon as he was born and that his father abused her while she was pregnant. Hangel spent most of his nights locked away in his room with his eyes tear-filled. He never wished the position he was in even onto his worst enemy. He wanted to help others get through their horrid times.
At 19 years of age, Hangel chose to fight for his country in the British Navy with the hopes of making the United Kingdom into a better place.
A year after joining, Hangel had a horrific accident with a soilder
which had caused him to develop PTSD. He concealed himself from all humanity; isolated from life and depressed, he would spend each of his nights sitting on his torn down couch watching documentaries, attempting to inspire himself to do something productive with his life. He would sometimes find girls online who lived near him, but they would end up stealing his money and divorcing him..this happened 3 times.
He was in this condition for about 3 years, until one day… he found the good in the world. Hangel learned that working with teenagers would be his best bet and looked for a subject that he’d enjoy teaching……SCIENCE! That was it! It all made sense to him now. He didn’t know where he got the idea of teaching science but sure enough, it came to him. Hangel soon after went to college to pursue his career.
After years of studying and hard work, Hangel finally got a degree in chemistry and moved to Japan, due to peer pressure from his friend and supporter, Dewi Burshmah.
Hangel was never going back…

IN CHARACTER

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Arkhangelsky Donute
Title: Mr
Given Name(s): Hangel, Donut
Preferred Name: Hangle

Religious Denomination: atheist
Marital Status: Divorced (3 Times)

Nationality:
UK
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience: 3 years of training
Working Experience: 33 years of work

Academic Degree:
Chemistry

Year Of Graduation:
Major: Chemistry, Physics
Minor: Biology

Native Languages:
English
Other lauguages: Welsh

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate:
None
Preferred Teaching Subject: Science(Chemistry)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread