mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied MyDeadGrandpa | PRIEST APPLICATION.

────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):
MyDeadGrandpa

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
nerio._.

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
Est

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?
Yes I do have a microphone and although I am not as comfortable in using it, if it is necessary for me to use it I will. I can also join a VC when needed.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I’d say I am pretty active on the server. I am online on the server for at least 4+ hours a day. but sometimes i wont be able to get one because of work

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
None and I'm fully prepared and willing to learn more about the religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I don’t like comparing myself over other applicants and think we all have our own reasons for applying and our dedication we are willing to put towards something like this. I would say I am a pretty dedicated person when it comes to learning things like these. I also am willing to ask questions

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, I do acknowledge and fully accept I would have to attend mandatory training sessions to be taught more about Shintoism and the procedures necessary to succeed. And I am full of the capability and excitement to possibly be doing so for this faction.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:
Tekkyou Ito

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss): Mr

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS: Unmarried

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY: Part French and Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER: 0306732166

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My motivation to work at the monastery continues to grow daily. I do enjoy spending countless hours learning about Shintoism and being able to show my peace and gratitude towards the monastery. I had a strong interest in Shintoism that started when I was very young, Although not knowing much about it and even now I know I could still learn some things. Being able to work at the monastery will allow me to grow.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
From the times I have visited Karakura, I took the time to learn more about the grounds. I then found out The first Monastery was burnt to a crisp in 1176. The second Monastery built nearly right after, like the first. had also resorted into burning down. Which took place in the Azuchi-Momoyama time stamp aka 1228. Now, with the one we resign with today. The third Monastery, tucked away behind Karakura's tall mountains. Constructed in 1617, and still standing to this day."

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Lead,

I have always had an interest in not just Shintoism, but in many different religions and mythologies. I have always found them fascinating. but the main thing that made me fall so in love with Shintoism is the Yokai. When I was younger I would always read books on mythologies and Yokai they all just really peaked my interest so ever since I found out that I can become a priest and see the Yokai and help them.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Tekkyou Ito was born in France His mother being French and His Father Japanese. As through operation he found to be deaf. Growing up was a struggle where he spent only 2 years in a elementary school. His parents decided to homeschool him teaching LSF. He then came back to going into school during Middle school his 7th year which was yet still struggling for him. His family decided to move to Japan where his cousin was located It was a weird start for him. Being in a whole new location was a uncomfortable situation. But it was slightly comforting knowing he had someone to have near not judging him for his disability. As time was passing on He got more adjusted to his area while learning JSL with his free time. So he would be able to communicate with the people around him. One day, While he was almost getting adjusted with JSL through his determination his father came up to him. He gestured to come follow him. He complied following his father coming up to a mountain where the father expressed him tales on tales of Yokai. Growing Tekkyou fascination towards them. As it then became ongoing occurrences of Him asking for more tales to learn more. going out to a library to get books and all doing as much as he could to well educate himself amongst the knowledge his father brought to him. Surely it wasn't a big deal. But a big toll onto the father not knowing that this would become a intriguing subject to his son. Though he was happy knowing his son is more expressive than how he used to be so he supported his actions whole heartedly. An Immense amount of time has passed he learned so much just from his first year of moving. Though this was he shift in life making a big turn around for him making a brighter turn. As he got to the ending of his final book discover all the stories he's uncovered was all based to a religion. He stoic though never thought of becoming anyone in the religion. He spoke to his father about it but as the father spoke to him shined a light in his upcoming. Making him slightly comforted and confident to his upbringing to make a up standing in the religion. He figured to make the chance and go forth.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Maidens and priests, both important to the shine, share some tasks together, such as taking
care of the shrine. There are still some tasks not shared between the roles.
What maidens and priests do highly varies depending on which of the many shrines you're visiting, as
each shrine has its own set of rules and ways.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Once you come upon the purification trough, you start the purification process by lifting up the ladle in your right hand, scooping water while pouring it onto your left hand. Once done with that, you switch the ladle to your left hand and repeat the process of scooping water and pouring it onto your right hand.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Offerings to a Kami can take place in various forms. Envelopes, boxes of sake, bags of rice, yen, etc. When preparing your offering you can affix a noshi paper onto the item (unless its food that isn't in a box), writing what kind of item you are offering on top and your name on the bottom. Generally, cash is the offering in private ceremony's, and if you enter the worship hall for prayer only, or to attend a service as a member, representative an offering of cash is also a custom.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
Once offering a visiting party tea rotate the bowl clockwise so the “front” of the bowl is not facing you anymore. Take a sip and compliment the host on the tea. After taking a few sips, wipe the rim of the bowl. Make sure the front of the bowl is facing the host when you return it, and then bow to express your gratitude and you should have something modest on but no jewelry and no perfume/over overwhelming scents.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi:
Tamagushi is an ancient offering to Kami-sama, it is usually a sakaki tree branch, or at times when there is no sakaki available, an evergreen branch such as cedar, and shide on top attached to the leaves and it is used to shows respect to the deities and allows the wishes of the believers to be transmitted

Ofuda: An ofuda is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. It's commonly found in both shinto shrines and Buddhist temples. It's considered to be imbued with the power of the deities or Buddhist figures revered therein and also protection against calamity or misfortune, safety within the home, or finding love.

Kagura Suzu: Kagura suzu are a set of twelve bells used in the kagura dance that Shrine maidens perform. The set consists of three tiers of bells suspended by coiled brass wires from a central handle: two bells on the top tier, four bells on the middle tier, and six bells on the bottom tier.

Last edited:

RandomlyAccepted

Level 42
Shrine Lead
Builder
RandomlyAccepted
RandomlyAccepted
Omega+
Denied

Thank you for taking the time to apply but unfortunately we have chosen to deny your application as others stood out more.

You are free to apply again in the future!

If you have any questions please DM me on discord via randomlyaccepted.​

Users who are viewing this thread