Level 6
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
N1_KO

Discord Name & Tag: NIK0#6382

Previous bans:
2021 | Failrp, Metagame, AvoidRP ; Hebwig

This ban was rather complicated. This was my first ever ban on SRP and I didn't really understand at first why I got banned but over time and during my ban period I finally learned why I got banned. So what happened was me and 2 of my friends were running around powerplant when we witnessed a crime happen, We didn't think much of it so we decided to leave the area and we got a bit lazy to get to spawn, My friend noticed an officer run at him but warped spawn in the moment and that's when we all realized that the cops were chasing us. Ever since that Ban I quit GangRP and have moved on and stayed clear! Avoiding all possible issues with staff and just trying to get along with everyone.

Describe your activity on the server:

My activity on the server is fantastic I have an average 2-5 hours on SRP daily. Due to my TimeZone, I am not online that often since the server isn't really lively at that hour. But the majority of the time you will find me online at like 11-12 am! And from that point on I will be online longer till about 2-4 pm my time just when the server starts to populate! When I wake up I don't instantly hop onto SRP I still have my basic morning routine before getting onto SRP. When I am in the mornings I try RP as the current Basketball Captain and of course, I play Basketball! If there is a teacher online I would join the class cause I love to RP in different scenarios! For the last 2 years, I have enjoyed my time on this server and I am glad I found it! I have met some cool people and I have done it all when it comes to RP!

If I get accepted into KPD I wouldn't let the role just rot and waste of course! I would do anything in my power to learn and expand my knowledge on the KPD side since I've always been interested in how it works If I end up being accepted to the KPD I will devote my time as much as possible to the KPD and try to be online majority of the time If I am not online one day I would come back the next day and do more then I should just to show my dedication to the force! And one final thing if the KPD was to accept me I would be more active on the server and If I end up getting denied I will try again and again since this is something I will chase!

Which timezone are you in?
My timezone is BST (British Standard Time)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/my-italian-application.44794/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/my-counsellor-application.40157/ [Accepted]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-polish.37845/ [Accepted]

What is your motivation for applying?:
Well, I have many reasons for applying! Of course, my main reason would be that I have always been interested in law enforcement and Police work in general! After my GangRP period on SRP, I always wanted to know how cops go about their daily lives on SRP and how they just run things in general! Like when I used to GangRP KPD used to always just randomly turn up and us being the childish characters we used to call meta........ But now that I have moved on from that phase and expanded my RP knowledge into some new scenarios I always wanted to know how PoliceRP works! I think watching KPD wasn't really enough for me to understand how they run things and what RP goes into it I would like to join KPD to experience the scenarios and all of it firsthand and take part in it! I also won't deny this but the experience would definitely stand out from all others. And you may ask why well it's because you partake in defending the streets and citizens of Karakura and protecting them with all your power from the darkness of the streets!

I also have another reason or motivation for applying! I would like to experience teamwork on the force. I would like to see and understand and at one point experience group work as an officer and roaming around patrolling the streets with more experienced officers! This would benefit me drastically because I get to learn from people I've always wondered about. I think this could also be a crucial asset in the force as it provides communication and friendship outside of the workforce!

So to sum up everything nicely and to just make sure you guys understand my motivations for applying ill quickly say them in a less detailed manner.
My main reason is for the RP and experience, A general interest in law enforcement and the Police force in general, and of course for fun and teamwork!

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Over my 2 years on SRP I have a massive amount of knowledge when it comes to police work. Over the 2 years, I've played I won't deny it I always paid close attention to the KPD and how they operate in schoolrp. My knowledge when it comes to Police work not only icly but oocly is massive because one of my close relatives is actually a police officer in Poland! When Police officer is working they must always remain professional they must also look clean and prepared so they are ready to do their job! When an officer is on duty they are required to wear their uniform at all times and their hair must be neat and tidy.
If an officer had really long and unkept hair it can cause a major problem for them if they ever get into a chase with a criminal or someone avoiding them, For example, if they are running after someone the last thing they should see is their hair flopping in there face, They should have a clear view of where the criminal or the person running is going so they could catch them.
When an officer is on duty they must always remain professional, serious, and respectful to not only their higher-ups but citizens too. This is done and needed so that the people around get a good impression of the force and in the long run gives the force a better reputation. If an officer is caught being rude or nasty to any human and treating them unfairly they can get not only punished for it but also it would have a massive impact on how the force is viewed by the citizens. Another major thing is that when an officer is trying to figure out a situation they should receive both sides of the situation not only one to develop an answer and so they aren't biased toward another person.
And the final main thing is that an officer should always enforce the law in an unbiased way, This must always stay the same no matter the person who breaks the law whether it's a citizen a Co-Worker or a well-known criminal, an officer must always be unbiased and the law must be enforced on that person while they take action.

Officers have many tasks to do while on duty but for example when an officer is around they are either patrolling in a group of 2-3 people, working at the front desk, or looking at CCTV. If an officer receives an emergency call they must respond in a professional manner and need to be cautious when heading to the location and person in trouble cause Karakura is a very unpredictable place. A single mistake could lead to serious injury or even death depending on how severe the situation is. Now the reason the officers patrol in groups of 2-3 people this all depends on how much are online but that's the amount you normally see because they need to be backed up and teamwork is very important in these kinds of situations this means all officers should have great knowledge of teamwork and how to utilize it correctly. One single slip-up from any of the members of the group could lead to disaster! Most officers should also understand and utilize CCTV it can be a massive helping hand for a case they can't solve. An officer should always enforce the law no matter how small the crime is, let's say a person jaywalks an officer should stop and tell them to not jaywalk or it will result in a fine or stop them.
A typical officer would be equipped with certain items to help them enforce the law, for example, the most notable items would be a bade, Baton, Taser, Glock, and handcuffs there are way more items that an officer does have but those are the main. Another major thing is an officer should know when to use Riot gear, They should use it if they receive a call about a dangerous situation and should always be prepared in groups of people to go answer the call for help. Higher-up officers would have access to a police bike and a cruiser as well as pepper spray and a crowbar.

when you first join the KPD if you get accepted you are what's called a cadet which is a probational period within the force where you are tested on many things before being registered and called a real officer. There are many limitations of being a cadet and you can't do as much as a normal officer who past their exam when they got in. If you are to fail this exam you will be given a second chance depending on how badly you failed. As a cadet, you are forbidden to go off duty and you may not leave the station without a higher-up officer with you. If you are caught doing any of these it can result in serious punishment and possibly demotion from the force. Once you pass the exam you will be an official officer and from there on you will have a bit more freedom but also have way more expectations, You will be expected to patrol and respond to emergency phone calls. Promotions above the position will be based on your performance and how you have been doing in general. Each role will come with more responsibilities as you climb up the police ranking system.

Tools used by the KPD

Handcuffs
- A restraint device to secure an individual’s wrist, usually to make an arrest.
Breathalyzer - A device used to measure the amount of alcohol in an individual’s breath.
Pepper Spray - A tool that irritates the eyes, causing a burning sensation, and temporary blindness when sprayed.
Glock-17 - A pistol used by police officers globally. The weapon usually shoots lethal 9x19mm rounds with an eight-bullet magazine, but can also shoot rubber bullets to inflict non-lethal shots.
Baton - An aluminum baton used by officers to sedate criminals.
Police Radio - A communication device used by officers to communicate with emergency services. Consists of multiple channels for officers to communicate with each other in certain situations.
Police Badge - A leather wallet that contains the user’s ID card, along with a badge that shows the officer’s department, badge number, and rank.
X26-Taser - A ranged weapon that shoots two dart-like electrodes that stay connected to the main weapon by conductors. The shock caused by the electrodes causes the individual to be stunned. This allows an officer to approach the individual and arrest them if they are showing signs of resistance or even threat.
Riot Gear - A suit that provides protection to the officer. This should only be used during dangerous emergencies.
Crowbar - A steel bar with a curved, chisel-like end used for prying open doors.
Police Bike - A small motorbike that allows officers to get around faster which can help in an emergency.
Police Cruiser - A vehicle that allows a group of officers to get around faster and can provide protection inside the vehicle.

The Ranking System

Commissioner

The commissioner is the highest rank in the force and the one who is in charge of the entire police force. They ensure that everybody is not only fit for the job but also that they perform up to standard, Another thing they do is to ensure that the KPD is running smoothly and there are little to no issues within the force. The commissioner is the one who oversees the whole force and has higher-ups who he should be able to rely. The Commissioner should want what's best for the police force and the citizens of this town.

Captain
The Captain has a similar role to the commissioner but it's not the same. The Captain isn't the highest ranking officer. The Commissioner watched over the captain to make sure the captain is doing what he's meant to do. The Captain's role is to hand out orders and to oversee what the other officers are doing, They also watch how the officers are performing.

Lieutenant
The Lieutenant is the first rank that is seen as a higher-up role in the police force. They will help out cadets and educate them on how things work and how things operate. This means they help them through training. there'll be usually 3 lieutenants on the police force but this can change depending on how many officers are in the police force. They would usually be in charge of different divisions for example the patrolling division or the detective division.

Detective Superintendent
The Detective Superintendent will be the officer involved in major crimes committed in the city. These crimes could take weeks or days to solve. They would also supervise the ranks below to make sure everything is in order.

Chief Detective Inspector
The Chief Detective Inspector will be the officer who will look into bigger crimes like murder and any sort of Black Market dealings They will also look at the ranks below them to make sure they are performing to their required standards.

Detective Inspector
The Detective Inspector would carry out investigations and will collect evidence against a criminal or person in questioning. They would do this to guarantee an arrest of an individual. They would commonly help out with gathering proof for Arrests, Taking reports, and various other tasks.

Sergeant
Sergeants are tasked with supervising the ranks below them, but they're not much different from them. They're the middle ground of the ranks, and the ranks below them can look up to sergeants for guidance and help.

Detective Constable
the detective constable will be tasked with handling investigations. They'll have a higher understanding of how to gather evidence and witnesses to complete their tasks. Their tasks will usually consist of investigating smaller crimes such as theft, burglaries, and assault.

Corporal
Corporals will spend their time leading small tasks such as patrolling, responding to emergency calls, and making arrests. They'll cooperate with their higher-ups and will give orders to the ranks below them.

Patrol Officer
The Patrol officer is a position for a cadet who passed their test. They will be allowed to leave the station but they are still a low-ranking officer and therefore they would handle smaller tasks. The people who are a part of this rank are newly graduated officers they will most likely be seen patrolling the streets which would explain the title they are given and will be allowed to handle such things as arrests if they need to. They will be able to do things that they would do as a cadet like doing things at the front desk and looking at CCTV.

Cadet
The Cadet role is the lowest ranking role in the police force but despite this, they still do have the ability to take initiative and do their job when needed. They are not allowed to leave the station alone and must be accompanied by a higher-up officer so during their time as a cadet they should be at the front desk and looking at CCTV and doing various duties at the station while undergoing training.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The Police are important in SchoolRP as they are in real life. The City needs a police force to make sure that crime levels stay low and so that the government officials or the police officers can enforce the law. Of course in Karakura crime is way more common than in the real world so the police do whatever they can to prevent it from spreading to an innocent person and without officers there is nothing stopping people from going out to mug/kill or harm someone for no reason. The Police provide balance within the server and help people in need they are a key part of the server in my opinion. They are the only faction on the server that keeps crime in check. Without them, Karakura would be a massive crime-based town infested with people trying to abuse their power in gangs, etc.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I completely acknowledge this and understand that I am subject to being demoted if I cause any sort of problems icly or oocly.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I fully acknowledge and understand that upon applying for the KPD faction I’m agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I fully acknowledge and understand that I will be punished if I do not attend training whilst I am online, as it’ll be my responsibility to attend.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Shion H. Kasikage

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Male [He/Him]

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Masters' degree in Criminology, and Criminal Justice!

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

French/Italian

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Shion Kasikage Is a French - Italian male with rather tanned skin and a pretty muscular build. He would have dark brown hair that would look rather fluffy yet polished. He had dark brown eyes with a piercing look. Shion would be a rather tall individual standing at around 6.2 and weighing around 197 pounds. If this wasn't enough yet it would be clear that he takes care of his body as his skin would be silky clean and he would always look fresh. Shion would usually have an unbothered expression this is because nothing really bothered or annoyed him he's a calm and collected person you could say. But he still had a sense of humor he would laugh and smile often! He has a funny personality and often would crack jokes and try his best to get along with everyone. Shions personality also includes a leader-type trait he would in tense situations be able to command and do what's right in these situations. Shion would have a sleeve tattoo on his right arm but would cover it for work reasons as in Japan it was seen as a bad thing to have. His posture was healthy when he was standing he was never slouching.
Below is a picture of Shion.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Shion Kasikage Is a French - Italian male with rather tanned skin and a pretty muscular build. He would have dark brown hair that would look rather fluffy yet polished. He had dark brown eyes with a piercing look. Shion would be a rather tall individual standing at around 6.2 and weighing around 197 pounds. If this wasn't enough yet it would be clear that he takes care of his body as his skin would be silky clean and he would always look fresh. Shion would usually have an unbothered expression this is because nothing really bothered or annoyed him he's a calm and collected person you could say. But he still had a sense of humor he would laugh and smile often! He has a funny personality and often would crack jokes and try his best to get along with everyone. Shions personality also includes a leader-type trait when he is in tense situations he is able to command and do what's right in these situations. Shion would have a sleeve tattoo on his right arm but would cover it for work reasons as in Japan it was seen as a bad thing to have. His posture was healthy when he was standing he was never slouching.
Below is a picture of Shion.
screenshot-1658963485213.png

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
While in a professional setting Shion would display an utmost professional and Civil standard he would constantly be calm and collected and his face would be rather hard to figure out a blank expression almost making it hard to read what he is thinking and what he could be planning. In the event of a situation, Shion would show utmost calmness while he gathered both sides of the story before laying down his opinion, He would think a lot and listen a lot in these situations trying to get a perfect idea of what could've happened in his head. He would try to ask any witnesses to gather more intel. He would also question any Co-Workers with him to gather some sort of intel from what they could have possibly seen or been told by other civilians.
In a Casual setting, you would meet Shion to be a generally nice guy and a very outgoing type of individual. He would often crack up some jokes and just try to put a smile on others' faces. He would rarely get ticked off by anything so he would still be extremely calm even outside of work. Some would say he is a really mature person and honestly he gets along with most people! His sense of Fashion is pretty whack but that's all him he's a pretty casual individual!

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Shion would work fantastic with his co-workers to get the tasks that are appointed to them done efficiently. While he's with his Co-workers he would keep a professional standard and manner while working with them as he always does. He would acknowledge that without teamwork and co-workers the KPD wouldn't have an easy time so he would have no problems working with others to solve certain situations. In a team, Shion works efficiently and does what's asked of him, Before he does anything he would think instead of rushing into a situation, Once he has his mind set on what's the best plan of action he would pitch the Idea to the rest of the team to get there intel and opinions and if they all agree he would try to complete the idea he had with the team. He would back his co-workers in any sort of situation willing to put his life on the line for them and the badge in general. He will eventually set up friendships and bonds within the force to establish better communication with his co-workers! Shion has plenty of experience in being on teams as he was a former player for the volleyball team and a former Basketball captain!

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I personally do see myself as a leader and here is why. I grew up a very simple and smart child my mother said, But I was also bold and charismatic which are two traits of a leader growing up I had people look up to me for example siblings I have and they tend to take an example from me. My mother is Hispanic I grew up in a very disciplined household which means whatever she said goes. All of this molded me into a bright and upstanding individual with a massive knowledge of how to take charge when no one else can. Now, of course, there are more experienced people on the force so I won't always take charge and that's fine cause I get to learn from the more experienced officers and how they see things. All I want to do is get things done correctly and efficiently and maybe this could save others time and stress! I am a former basketball Captain and I did not do bad at all I led my boys into a tournament final and they never had a single issue with me. I made a team full of soldiers and I hope I can share my knowledge with the Police force if it's needed.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Shion H. Kasikage was born and raised in Normandy France. He was born in the year 1993 As the youngest of his siblings. He comes from a stable and decent middle-class family who took good care of him and his siblings. This all changed once Shion Turned 18. He and his family would move to Japan Karakura to be exact and they struggled for a while. When they got settled he would look for a job and ended up working at La Casa as a Casino employee. With all the money he earned, he was able to help provide for his family and earn a living out of it, He eventually saved up enough to move out of his family home and into his own apartment where he would crash after work to relax! Shion wouldn't be new to crime since Normandy is full of criminals and a common thing to see was police and criminals on the streets, Shion didn't like all of this and since he moved from Normandy he wanted to do anything in his power to help people. Shion would study hard for his degree in Criminology and ended up getting a master's in it! With all of this, he ended up moving away back to France most notably to Paris, and applied to join the Police there. He was a cadet for a short while in Paris before being transferred to another station in Bordeaux.
During his time in both forces, he climbed up the ladder and all of this was just so he could understand how the police worked abroad before attempting to apply back to Japan in Karakura where his family is located. As the years would go by he would be sent to Japan and to his surprise Karakura as they needed a new officer. This was Shion's goal and now he had a chance to prove himself in the city he loved and had people he loved. He said his final goodbyes to his fellow officers in France as he would go on a new journey in Karakura.

more to be found out Icly

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you can't legally own a pocket knife in Karakura. If you're to have a pocket knife on you, you will get arrested for possession of minor illegal weaponry which will also result in a 150k bail.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Paracetamol | 5 max amount.
Birth Control | 5 max amount
Lactulose | 5 max amount
Cough Syrup | 2 max amount
Eyepatch | 2 max amount

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
If I see a fellow officer abusing an inmate I would initially try and step in. If that fails I would flick on my body cam so I could record what happens and potentially get the officer into some serious trouble for abusing his power.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I see a co-worker being assaulted whether it's on or off Duty I would immediately try and step in no matter the danger. If this fails I would call for backup so that more officers could assist me in the situation.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Well, I would, of course, make sure to record everything they do and say with my body cam and once I have gathered enough evidence against them I would arrest them on the spot. Now if they are with the said Gang members or criminals I would call for backup so I could get some sort of assistance in arresting the co-worker.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
If a criminal was to bribe me I would deny it quickly and fine them for bribing an officer. Even though it's tempting I wouldn't accept it.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application for the following reasons

- Your reputation on the server isn't the greatest. Feel free to re-apply once you
have gained a better image in the server's community​

Users who are viewing this thread