Notable
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

N1h1l1sm

What is your discord username?

D3_sp41r

Describe your activity on the server:

I'm online on and off on my main account- lately I've been focused on school in real life, but with break coming up I'll have more freetime and I only plan on taking classes two days a week next semester, so I'll have much more freetime! Overall, I've been playing SRP for around 5 years.

What is your timezone?:

Eastern Standard Timezone (EST) [GMT-5]
List your current and past applications:

Italian Language Application : ACCEPTED
French Language Application : ACCEPTED
Science Teacher Application : ACCEPTED

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:

I've been doing text-based roleplays since I was a little girl over 10 years ago, both turn-based and speed-based in terms of action. As such, I've learned to type fairly quickly while still getting my point across.

What is your motivation for applying?

Applying to EMS is something I've considered for a while now, especially after I started learning more about the human body and various conditions, mental and physical. Joining EMS will allow me to continue to explore and learn these things while also helping people within their own roleplay experiences.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?

It's not easy work, that's for sure. The hospital's almost always got something going on, and EMS have to be ready to handle anything that comes through their doors including some ghastly injuries. They're responsible for the safety and well-being of every patient in their care and have to understand and commit to that role even off the clock.
EMS's responsibilities include responding to medical emergencies in and out of the hospital building, caring for patients' needs, and ensuring that visitors pose no threat to those under their care.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?

Yes.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?

Yes.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Tatsuki Mishimi

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:

Male, He/Him

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Masters Degree in Biology
PhD in Medicine

Character’s Nationality:

Japanese

Character’s Marital Status:

Single, Widower

Character’s Religious Denomination:

Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:

Japanese [Common]
English [Lore]

Backstory (100+ Words)

Tatsuki Mishimi is a middle-aged man hailing from Kyoto, Japan originally. During his early life, Tatsuki was a 'gifted kid,' easily working ahead of the rest of his class. He'd often get into trouble, playing pranks on teachers he didn't like. During his high school career, Tatsuki was particularly rebellious... or as rebellious as a nerdy guy could be as he ditched class with friends after they completed their work, going for food at local places between lessons. He joined his school's Science Club as his favourite subject to learn about growing up had always been how the world works. Towards the end of high school, he found his favourite branch of science was that of medicine and decided he'd pursue a path to becoming a doctor in college. After graduating high school, Tatsuki quickly moved on to university in order to work on pursuing a double-major in Biology and Medicine at Kyoto University.

During his later university years, he met a woman at a bar who was upset that the bartender wouldn't give her a discount for her birthday. Thinking the girl was pretty, he went to the bar down the road and bought a drink, surprising the woman when she came in. After getting to know each other over time, they fell in love and married shortly before having a daughter together. Tatsuki worked in the Emergency department of his local hospital, working on tending to patients with various traumatic injuries, illnesses, or other emergencies... and sometimes non-emergencies. Sadly in his late 30s, his wife and daughter got into a car crash, resulting in the loss of his wife. He struggled for a while with the grief, regrettably withdrawing from his daughter and throwing himself even more into his work as if turning to aiding others was an escape from the pain of his own loss.

After an incident during his daughter's first years of high school, Tatsuki enrolled his daughter in therapy with one of his coworkers, where they determined that a change of pace would benefit the girl, resulting in her move to Karakura. Tatsuki was worried for his daughter to live on her own, but she argued that she'd be fine on her own. A few years later, Tatsuki's started to notice the effects of over-working himself and decided to transfer to Karakura in hopes of reconnecting with his daughter, and possibly finally allowing himself to heal.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Tatsuki specializes in emergency medicine primarily due to his decades spent working the ER in Kyoto, however he's also familiar with intensive care and family medicine and hopes to shift his focus to a calmer field of specialty as he ages.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?

Tatsuki pursued residencies in emergency medicine, intensive care medicine, and family care medicine during his time at Horikawa Hospital in Kyoto, Japan.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?

Yes. Tatsuki has worked as a triage nurse assessing patients as they come into the emergency room and determining order of urgency in terms of patient care and identified ways to help ensure the patient's swift treatment and recovery. Additionally, he completed residencies for intensive care and family medicine.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?

Tatsuki has graduated both high school and university, the latter of which he received a Masters degree in Biology and a PhD in Medicine.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Tatsuki's well into his forties and he certainly looks it, too. His once bouncy and light brown hair is beginning to really show greys and his skin is becoming less firm as well as starting to show wrinkles, particularly on his brow and around his tired-looking brown eyes. He usually carries a neutral expression, though he looks angry even when at ease. Tatsuki is average in terms of weight at around 195lbs and stands at around 5'10" tall. He has a few small scars and nicks on his arms and hands from various things over the years- more recent scarring resembling cat scratches.

How does your character act on and off duty?

Tatsuki almost always seems to be alert. He's aware of his surroundings, even if he chooses not to interact with them. He is quick to act at work, using what he's observed and linking it to things he's learnt from the past. Definitely one to lean more towards logic than emotion, Tatsuki can come off as standoffish or antisocial at times, but if he's asked for help he seems happy to comply. He's often repressed his own feelings, focusing more on survival and what's 'necessary' rather than 'those trivial matters,' and as a result may seem out of touch with others' feelings. He comes across as fairly blunt, not mincing words but not adding insult to injury... for the most part.

When he's comfortable around someone or sees an appropriate opportunity, Tatsuki may act a bit more playfully, teasing and joking about with others on very rare occurances. More often than not, though, he's within his own thoughts and spends his freetime reading or watching informational media.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?

He's definitely introverted nowadays and often prefers to work on his own, but he's capable of working with others.

What plans does your character have for the future?

Tatsuki's always been chasing goal after goal, but now that his body is starting to slow down, he's beginning to let himself go with the flow. In terms of goals, he hopes to reconnect with his daughter, find some friends and hobbies in Karakura, and work hard to impress and help his coworkers.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?

Reserved but not incapable of being charming, Tatsuki is a hard-working middle-aged man who others may struggle to get along with at first. He thinks he's a bad person, but he's always willing to go out of his way when others, especially those he cares about, ask for help- even if it means throwing his back out with hard labour in the process.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- When applying for a faction, having detail is one of the best ways to show your interest to the higher-up team. We recommend that you spend more time adding detail to your application if you wish to apply again!

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread