naomi#7204

PREVIOUS BANS:
None.

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
Yes.

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
Miko.

DISCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
My activity tends to rise up and down depending on school work, my mood, and overall just what days I have work. I'd say I'm pretty active. If I were to rate it, it'd be like a 7/10.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGON?
I do not have much knowledge, though based off an IC interaction, I was able to learn about Kami's, the origins on the religion and monastery, and a few other things. Though currently my knowledge on Shintoism isn't the greatest, I'm fully prepared and invested in learning.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
My dedication and interest. I have taken a strong interest in learning about the Shinto religion and I believe that I'll be extremely active on this character. Growing closer with the fellow shrine staff and overall creating fun roleplay experiences for myself is something I look forwards to.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Yasuko Akihito

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I'm applying to work at the Monastery because Shintoism is, and has always been, an important part of me, my life, and my family. Working here is something I have always wished to do, and now that I have found myself in the perfect position to do so, I am.

TELL ME WHAT HISTOY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONSATERY:
It was built in the mid-to-late 700's, believed to be a place where many god's visited. They belonged to one god though, and this was the Yama-no-Kami, the god of the mountain. Later in time, the monastery was set on fire by one of the priests. In 2004, the head priest believed that the current Karakura citizens indulged their lifestyles of impurity and impunity, forgetting their culture. The monastery then, was considered no longer a place for gods to visit, or a home for the Yama-no-Kami. The only thing not burnt was the original Yama-no-Kami shrine, being closest to the kami. The god grew irritated by their loneliness, and angry, thus wreaking havoc upon Karakura.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
Yasuko Akihito, a 55 years old woman. She is the mother to 4 children, one of them being the Monastery Lead.
Growing up, Yasuko was taught and practiced the Shinto religion, continuing to teach it to her offspring. Shintoism is a very large part of her and my family, and without it, she does not believe they all would be at the great place in life they are at today.

Growing up in Karakura was much simpler. More people believed and practiced the Shinto faith and not as much violence occured. It was more peaceful. Of course, Yasuko's parents were extremely strict, but despite this, she still knew they deeply cared about her and her wellbeing. They gave her the best life she could growing up.

Once an adult, she never really got the chance to become a Shrine Maiden herself as her life was busily packed with work, care, and responsibilities. Thus why she has waited so long. Despite this, she has still given many opportunities for her children.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
'Dear Mistune,

I have reached a point in my life where I believe I am ready to step forwards, with you. I am ready to become a Maiden, dedicating my faith to the Monastery.

As you know, Shintoism is an important part of my life - an important part of me. . .

You have never disappointed me, so I vow to not disappoint you, here.

Faithfully, your mother.'

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

You bow to the torii before entering, and cleanse your hands with the wooden ladle, as well as your mouth.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
Approaching the offering box, you would ring the bell over the shrine. You would then proceed to clap twice, and then drop your head in prayer. Once done, you'd then pay an offering to the Kami, bowing once more upon doing so. The ritual is then complete.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
Maidens normally perform/assist sacred cleansing rituals, and as well the traditional and sacred Kagura dance.
Priests usually are very social and interact with the public, leading cleansing rituals and usually live in the shrines.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
Upon welcoming the parents, I'd inform the child's guardian on how the ritual is done. For boys, it is done 31 days after their birth, and for girls, 33. The name of this ritual is called the "miyamairi".

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
Preferably over some tea, I would go over the rules and laws of the Shinto religion. I would thoroughly explain the origins of the Monastery and the mountain. On so, I'd then teach about the different kamis, including the most important one to Karakura, the Yama-no-Kami. Furthermore, I'd explain the rankings in the Monastery and how they could join if ever interested, and how I and my fellow workers would always be more than happy to educate.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?
I believe my character would worship Ebisu. This Kami is one of the seven God's of fortune.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
ACCEPTED

Welcome to the Monastery! If you haven't already, go ahead and join the discord.

- Once in the discord, ping the monastery lead for your roles in the #help channel
- Next time you are online, you can ask in /help for the Maiden role (make sure to include your age) ; if no staff are able to assist fill out a form here for staff to get back to you

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Users who are viewing this thread