IGN of Club Leader:
Tourning

RPName of Club Leader:
Iroha Shimohigashinosono

Discord Tag:
Tourning#3910

Permanent Discord invite to the club discord:

Our Discord!

Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?
I believe I should be a club leader over other applicants for a variety of reasons, but these are just some of the points that I believe are the most crucial as to why.
To start, and what I believe to be the most important aspect, is that our club will be using the provided club room far, far more than your average club. While your average club may use their club room for their possibly weekly meetings, which tend to happen far less often in some of the cases I’ve seen, we instead intend to utilize the club room as often as possible during school time, especially if two or more members happen to be online. We’ll be spending this extra time in the club room to socialize amongst ourselves and with passers-by, rest, and yes, nap. We believe this consistent use of the club room may also inspire others to either join clubs, or have their clubs do something similar, which would greatly increase the activity of the school’s club faction.
What I see as the second most important aspect as to why I should be club leader, and this ties more into the socialization aspect of the club that was mentioned previously, is that our club is going to be very roleplay-based relative to most other clubs that I’ve had experience with over time. I know that may come with some confusion, given our club’s clearly expressed title and purpose, but, I promise it’ll work out. One of the special features our club plans to enact is an entirely IC application system, where any given student can see the club leader inside the club room, or otherwise on school grounds, and a mostly impromptu IC interview will soon commence. I believe handling applications with this method will serve to find potential members that will suit what we desire most in an applicant, that being roleplay ability. To further this point, each of the current members have existing IC relationships with one another, ranging from acquaintances to significant others, which we believe will end up going a long way for the future activity of this club. One thing to note about the IC relationships point is that no matter how tight-knit our current members are, we will try our absolute hardest to make any new members feel as welcomed and included as possible.

CLUB INFORMATION

What is the official title of the Club:
Nap Club

Your current members RPName & IGN:
Eva Adamec - RandomlyAccepted
Yatsugatake Sora - psychoment
Mikan Masuo - appyslice
Mint Koji - CandyAngel017
Zakary M. Kita - Olzweig

The club supervisor's RPName & IGN:
Namiko Kusanagi - RandomlyDenied

What is your motivation for creating this club:
The motive, or rather, motives behind the Nap Club is a short list of some thankfully pretty simple reasons!
Firstly, we, at Nap Club, want to provide a space that will allow for like-minded individuals to gather and share their thoughts in a comfortable setting. It provides a safe space for those who don’t fit a certain mold and want to have a sense of community without having the restriction of any one specific subject or specialty. Sports team members and regular students alike are able to socialize with each other in and out of school hours.
Next, and I apologize if this sounds too critical in advance, I’ve noticed the club portion of the school, from an outsider’s perspective, often seems entirely devoid of activity, with upwards of 10 empty club rooms occupying the school’s 2nd floor halls at any given time, barring occasional meetings that may not even be weekly in some cases. I also think it’s important to mention that it feels like nothing the clubs do really have a major impact on the rest of the school outside occasional events and activities, and I think this club could provide a breakthrough from that mold, given our approach to roleplay. To expand on that last point, I specifically think that our club could provide a space for some school’s student body to go to ICly, and add another place for that said student body to go to beyond the routine, and often mundane cycle of going between the pitch, courtyard, front gate over and over again if it happens to be the case that there aren’t any classes in session.
Lastly, and while this point is a lot more personal to me specifically, the club leader, I was a part of the last Nap Club circa. March-May 2021, and it was genuinely some of the most fun I’ve had on the server to date. I believe reviving this club’s concept could serve to provide such an experience to hundreds of the active new players that have joined this server since then.

What activities and events will your club do?:
(Work out at least one club members only event & two school-wide club event)

MEMBER ONLY EVENTSPUBLIC EVENTS.. FOR ALL TO SEE!
★★ULTIMATE SUPER☆☆NEO ULTRA NAP CLUB❤❤NAP COMPETITION DELUXE ! !

As a club about… well, napping, we tend to be pretty chill; however, this doesn’t mean we can’t be passionate about the “hobby” we hold so near and dear to our hearts. I present to you, the world famous “★★ULTIMATE SUPER☆☆NEO ULTRA NAP CLUB❤❤NAP COMPETITION DELUXE ! !” (Patent Pending.) In this event, we take napping to the absolute extreme, by taking a short period of 2 hours to get yourself as tired as possible, before we see who among the members is the ULTIMATE NAPPER, judged on the grounds of who falls asleep for the longest time. The winner gets… bragging rights, and probably something else. Not sure what.
Stargazing - Reprisal!

Taking inspiration from the Nap Club of yesteryear, the school roof stargazing event was certainly the highlight of this club’s last iteration. In this event, our club will be staffing a sort of festival atop the school roof, or any other wide open space on school grounds that has a clear view of the skies above. This event will last an entire IC night, with multiple booths to provide event-goers with something to do other than roleplay amongst themselves, and because the event is an entire IC night, it can also double as a sleepover! We’d urge those attending to bring sleeping bags and pajamas for the event for the full experience to be enjoyed to its fullest.

Call us copycats, but our club only aims to give this experience to the new generation of students that attend KHS/KCC.

Some of the aforementioned booths would include, but are not limited to;
-Fortune Telling/Horoscopes
-Food Vendors (1-2 booths.)
-A desk with club application information. (Actual applications may occur depending if we have space in the club or not.)
-An area with an RP telescope, which event-goers could look through to observe the oh-so beautiful Karakuran night sky.
Intra-club Sleepovers! (Recurring event/activity)

In intra-club sleepovers, the school’s clubs will be able to unite with Nap Club in an opportunity for the club’s members, and possibly even some regular students, if they happen to be around, to become acquainted with each other, possibly exchanging the special events hosted in each respective one.
School Camping Trip!

With this event, the students of Karakura will have to take a hike out to the Ochiba forest for a school camping trip! In it, students and club members, who’ll once again be staffing the event, will arrange to occupy a couple of the smaller cabins and a surrounding area to host its activities and tenants alike.

The brunt of the activity relates to, pretty obviously, camping, and the activities that come with that, whether it be setting up sleeping bags, making smores, sitting around a campfire, and telling spooky stories while you're at it! This event, if possible, might also encourage other clubs to take on more ambitious, map-wide events that could really bring some more attention to this part of the school faction.

(If going to another portion of the map is not allowed, I could see this event easily being recreated in an area like the baseball field, the track & field area, or even on the school roof.)
Tarot Readings.

Club members will gather in the comfort of their club room and host a tarot reading night, where they will take turns to read each other’s fortune. Prior to this event (and depending on availability), one or more club members will take a trip to the city’s shrine and learn the basics of tarot reading from a member of shrine staff.
Ouija

Who said ouija was only for halloween? In this spooky event club members will, once again, gather in the club room and use an ouija board for one, hopefully being able to catch a spirit! Club members can write about their experience.. Or bond together with their likely new trauma.

How could your club benefit the School?:
We, at Nap Club, believe that our club could greatly benefit the school in a wide array of ways, ranging from getting more people involved in the school environment, to causing the attitude of the student body to overall increase! We’ll cover these aforementioned two and more below.
As stated previously, we believe our club could get the school’s often rowdy and apathetic student body to involve themselves far more in the school’s general environment of clubs, sports teams, and overall just attending the school with increased alertness and vigor on a day-to-day basis. On top of this, we also believe that after getting the student body more involved, we can get the student body, or at least, the group of which that know about our club, to start greatly increasing their overall attitude when it comes to school as well, given what our club can do for those in need of its purposes.
A good majority of the existing clubs at the school require a good deal of hard work and time-consuming activities, and while this is by no means a bad thing, some students will find that a more laid-back club better suits their taste. Students will be able to understand themselves and others to a greater extent after participating in the club’s activities. Having regular one-on-one and group discussions about thoughts and consulting each other about dreams will allow a personal connection like no other. In Nap Club, students will be given countless opportunities to engage in other mystical events, such as palm reading or tarot cards. Trips to the nearby shrine will educate members of the club about interpreting dreams and properly reading one’s fortune while being encapsulated in a calm and nurturing environment.
Overall, Nap Club brings the opportunity to students who may not be able to identify with a certain category of interest. Some students don’t fit into the mold of sporty, musical, or academic interests, and we want to provide a space that allows the entire student body to be included and feel a sense of belonging to. Our activities center around human nature and connection, a place for people of every kind to establish bonds with one another and socialize without restrictions (to a reasonable extent, obviously…)

How would your club use the club room the club will be assigned?
As mentioned previously, we’ll be using our club room for a wide variety of purposes as opposed to the often relatively limited use that some other clubs tend to exhibit towards their provided club room.
Our absolute highest priority when it comes to using our club room is for the purpose of providing rest to students, whether they be club members or passers-by, as well as doubling as a place for socialization for that same demographic. We plan to add a plethora of couches, futons, and other similar pieces of furniture to provide this rest to those in need during the often strenuous, and otherwise stressful school day and any seating will also be provided by cushions. Overall, our club room aims to be an especially comfortable oasis in the midst of the often harsh social climate that is KHS/KCC.
Of course, this doesn’t mean we’ll be neglecting the club room for meetings or activities, either. We plan to regularly use the club room to host meetings as often as we deem necessary, and even if there is no real purpose for a meeting on any given week, we hope to host an activity in its place that’ll hopefully serve to help with member bonding both ICly and OOCly. When we do have meetings, they will primarily serve to discuss the state of the club, as well as planning upcoming events if one happens to be coming up soon. When it comes to activities; however, they’ll be a lot more varied in their contents. The primary thing would of course be sleepovers, and each of which would contain several, smaller activities within it, sparking hopefully even more RP for the club.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?:
As we’re a relatively relaxed club by nature, we won’t have too many strenuous requirements OOCly or ICly, if any at all; however, this does not mean we’re completely devoid of requirements at all. The following are the ones we have devised so far.
First and foremost, it is absolutely crucial to us that any potential member maintains a low* amount of detentions, and keeps themselves entirely free of suspensions during and before their time in the club. This should hopefully come as an obvious requirement, but this is primarily for the IC comfort and safety of our club members, as well as our club’s reputation, (once again, ICly.) If a member happens to break this rule whilst in the club, they will be swiftly removed from our club, and blacklisted from further applying in the future, barring special circumstances that aren’t quite concrete.
Secondly, we also expect our members to maintain an overall positive attitude whilst in the application process as well as their time within the club. If any given member is observed to be seriously instigating frequent conflict or violence within the club, they will be removed at the club leader’s discretion as soon as possible. Once again, a fairly simple requirement to grasp in such a context, but this is primarily to further the IC comfort and safety of our club members, as well as our club’s IC reputation.
To conclude, and this is the only real OOC requirement, is that you are expected to know how to roleplay relatively well in an IC setting. I, and our current members will be sure to help with this if any given person is struggling, but you’re expected to roleplay adequately when initially applying.

* = Low implies less than 5 detentions on any given character.

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, I have decided to accept your application:

- I am glad to welcome Nap Club back onto the rosters and welcome you as a club leader for the first time.

What do I do next?
- Ping @customable or [Vice Dean] Tasselled in the academics discord to receive your roles
- Once you have done these, I will send you a short list of assignments that must be completed to get your club on the roster and ready​

If you have any questions, please contact @customable on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread