mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Nathan’s Teacher Application (SWITCH)

Jesso

Level 9
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: megauwu

How old are you?: 16

Do you have any previous bans?: Yes, but bans are at most 2 years old and I don't do anything rule breaking now, might start a water gun battle but it’s all fun in games!

What Country are you from?: US

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): jessu#6666

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes I do understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I will try to be active as possible.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Of course.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
My activity starts right after school, the moment I enter home I get on the server as much as I can, whenever I get bored and either just want to see what's going on, I'll eventually check the forms to see any sort of updates, I genuinely check discord the most as I have been using discord since 2017.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
[Denied]
- Not a real role. https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/katanas-the******-application.19238/
[Accepted] - Language Application. https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/kotori-katanas-language-application-d.18954/
[No Replies Yet] - Shop Application. https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/the-fridge.18949/
[Denied] - School Mentor Application (DENIED) - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/bambis-mentor-application-deny-please.19326/
[Accepted] - TEACHER Application. - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/bambis-teacher-application.19395/
[Accepted] - Event Team Application. - Discord
[Denied] - Staff Application. - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/megauwus-staff-application.19928/
[Accepted] - Weapon Application. - https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/megauwus-weapon-application.19552/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Alright, I already had been a teacher. I am head-department of the DT Department. But today, I am here to show why I am motivated to become a Catering teacher. I took cooking classes, I almost burned my own house classes. I make jokes that are easily fun and able to get along with the students. I took cooking classes and learned multiple ways of way I should become a catering teacher. I believe that with my culinary skills being taught and learned from various chefs I believe that I can take on the role. I can help guide and learn from the students on how to cook that could be used in IRL situations. Having to teach them how to turn on the vent, oil, and carefully not get burned by the oils. Having it to be cooking by the book. I absolutely loved and fan-ed about having hands on situations and projects. Of course, being part of Graphics I never at all had to give a test or quiz because it felt like it wasn’t needed. I loved it when the students could interact with the teachers on a free-hand way. Just like my Business teacher, I always loved her teaching style though it would take days to get through a chapter, but everyone felt like home. I wanted to get that through by going through a Catering/Culinary aspect of it. I liked how easily the projects were hands on, or the fact of how my English teacher was so serious about door decorating or any of the events that would happen. School spirit, that’s what we need and I would love to bring that out to the table. I want the students to learn more and see what other things that other opportunities could lead them to become.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Yes, I have gained tons of experience roleplaying on the server and different platforms.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
Yes, I have read the Faculty handbook. I will be sure to not let another water-gun war happen..

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are important to show what is the teacher doing and if they're doing their job correctly. It shows if they can fulfill the requirements and what they are required to do. It helps if they are qualified enough for their job, or maybe could gain a promotion.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
It is to schedule a meeting with the principal or vice principal to get approval before anything else. During the meeting, I'll explain is what is happening, why it's happening, what it could benefit, how long the trip it would be, and where it's going to take place, there could be extra things such as how many are attending and who are helping out, and what is being brought on the trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
- Eating is ALRIGHT! Never let anyone tell you that you can’t eat, if you missed a lunchtime meal to breakfast, eating in class is alright as long you clean up your mess afterwards.
- Organization, you must keep your work space clean and away, remember to tie up your hair and wear gloves when cooking. We do not want to get others sick or infected to some sort of disease. Organization is fairly important in case you happened to misplace something or lost it. It helps prevent spills as such.
- Cell phone use is absolutely forbidden, unless given permission (granted) to, but it's unnecessary due to the fact it’s a cooking class. Cell phones could be used for projects, recording, taking photos of (photography) but students must ask before doing anything. Using cell phones without permission will have their cell phone confiscated until the end of the period, if the student refuses to hand over the phone they will be sent to the vice principals or principal's office with a referral. Students using cellphones during tests or quizzes will be confiscated and sent to the vice/principal’s office with a referral.
- Any sort of form of harassing or bullying students will be reported to the administrators nonetheless, they will be handled with the deserved punishment. Attacking students will lead to a referral and a suspension. Horse play is not allowed as it could also mess up any sort of equipment. If a student decides to pick on a classmate they will be moved away from the student and be placed in front of my desk, in front of the classroom. If this continues they will be sent to detention, and proceeding will lead them to have a referral and sent to the vice principal.
- Any sort of weapons being held on the student is not allowed, having the chance to harm the student or teacher is not allowed, if weapons are on the student the student will be reported to higher authorities.
- If students are given class time to work on class work, they must finish the time given, any sort of copied homework will be reported to the principal with a referral. Copying things such as classwork or homework is not allowed and it is academic dishonesty, and it shows that the student isn't showing their best work, I believe with even just a bit of effort, the student could gain a good grade in the class.
- Communicating with other students is completely fine, making new friends or group up projects. It is not okay when someone is talking, for example the teacher or a classmate. It is extremely rude and disrespectful if the student decides to interrupt the student or teacher from talking. Whenever the teacher is teaching a lesson or a student has an answer or question to ask, everyone in the classroom must be quiet. Students are always welcomed to walk around the classroom when it is independent or group time, but never when someone is teaching or asking questions. Students can get up to get a tissue, or to walk to the trash can, passing notes in class is forbidden.
- When designing a piece of art, anything related to NSFW or things such as drugs, alcohol, or anything that is prohibited on school grounds are now allowed. Drawing any of the following will be given a warning before given to the vice principal and a referral. If it is needed to said project, the student MUST clarify why it is needed before doing anything.

Summarize your previous RP experience (both in general and on SchoolRP):
My experiences on RP has been pretty fun, from ROBLOX roleplay (Anime High School), discord roleplay, and even all sorts of Minecraft roleplay has been fun. Different sorts of genres to explore and try out, I never really had difficulty doing so. I met new people and got along with others easily, of course meeting new friends could give off social anxiety, but getting new people is a whole ride of fun. I had my ups and downs being a role player, but I still enjoyed every aspect of it. Of course there’s many types of people with different types of humor and personalities to go around with, from the rowdy to the fraternity people, to even some edgy or emotional people. Everyone creates their own little humans in a different world, it’s like living a second life, a restart. I have been teaching for quite some time too, because of it, it lead me to experience more of what the server could totally offer. Being an NQT to a HD and getting in trouble for a foolish thing, although, I loved every bit of it. I mean, who wouldn’t like to become a teacher? Someone who basically helps guide the students to what they can fully become in the end of their life? Career? Someone who shapes them as a person? Gosh Jolly, I would love to be a fun teacher that every student could possibly love and get along with. I learned new fascinating ways that my teacher has brought to the table, such as a joke of the day and quote of the day. I find those really relaxing and can help the students be open minded to what they are expected, creativity!

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head Department. - Can freely teach and should be notified if a teacher in their subject should teach. The head department selects who and how it should be taught in their own manner.

- QTLS: Qualified teacher with Learning Skills. - Who understands the subject such as HD and has taught before, having knowledge of how a lesson plan should go.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher. - They are new to the teaching career, they must consult the head department when they are teaching and how they are teaching. They will be watched by the Head Department during the lessons.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in game and out of games are important as it helps develop skills that could possibly be used in the future, or now. Teachers help the student’s mind as they mature into adults learning new things trying to get a grasp of the outside world. Teachers would work in their own teaching style, of course the teaching style they might give off might not be keen to others but students could always ask teachers. Teachers should be a bit laid back enough where the student is comfortable with the teacher, if the student is uneasy with the teacher, it would be harder to learn the subject. Teachers in their freetime would grade papers or live their 2nd life being a parent. Teachers work extremely hard having to take away their spare time doing things, assigning lesson plans and projects for the class. In game payment is 250k while out-of-game teachers are paid 57.2k on average.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to the SRP server as it’s a school based but it could also help out for extra curriculums or electives. Normally when students sign up for a class, they’re liking the class and would take their time to possibly teach what they learned or experienced from. Teachers are used to guide students and help them succeed to be a better person mentally, physically, and possibly emotionally. Teachers are used to help the students grow as a person and mature to help the people around themselves and their own being.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Lesson planning system goes by the must have, should have, and could have system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes his unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Personality.

Nathan is a calm man, he does not like to keep a quiet voice, having to be yelling and being very extroverted with his personality, having to go through a happy life, his friends were unable to say the same, he can also keep a silent and calm voice when talking about serious topics. He can and will be able to understand the feelings of some sort, he’s a very lenient person with an open voice. He will not sit back if something needs to be done. He’s quite the procrastinator but he’s fairly creative. He loves talking to his co-workers and students and is very open. He is a respectable person and loves to respect the people around him. He might have a bit of a rude-ness interaction but he swears it’s just the type of bond he has with his peers. He will usually take everything as a joke unless it’s a serious mandatory environment. He usually is quite protective of the people close to him as he’d be seen approachable. A bit shy and clumsy around females, though he’s still his broad self around everyone.

Quirks?

He’s very talkative and very easy going. Unlike Bambi, he doesn’t like to keep quiet, he’s a loud person but very nice. He is fairly hesitant sometimes but has very quick reactions though when he does so, he doesn’t exactly think- still might be hesitant a bit. He doesn’t know what he seems to be going with his conversation but is determined to do something about it. Usually loving to see the beach looking at the stars and does lots of self-reflection on himself and his peers. Some say he should be a the******, just like Bambi..

What does he look like?

A tall man, a light skinned male with messy wavy hair with a deep accent of australian in him. He’d have moisturized hands with a affiliative smile. He always seem to look approachable and he would be seen in casual wear- Of course teachers should be in formal wear but he’s fairly relaxed. He doesn’t seem to normally be seen with females, but he’s very open with a smile on him. He would chuckle at his own silly jokes as he would normally try to lighten up the mood. As an athletic student, he would be fairly muscular around the arms with a solid 6 pack to fit with his height of 6’3.

Outlook on students.

He’s open and loud to his students, but he likes to respect his students like in the sort of form or manner of how they’d respect him. He will try to not put his students out on the crowd looking like a fool but he likes to give them tips and tricks, he’s very hands on and believes that grades to students should and will not matter. He believes that students will and would learn better if the grades would be taken out, he tries to make class fun for his students as they are the future. He believes that a bit of work could get the job well done.

Teachers

He will try his best to not start some sort of fight between him and his peers. He is going to try his best to simply get something done with his co-workers. He is very assertive with a lean personality. He tries to get along with the people around him and he’s very open with his answers and replies.

Future Plans

Nathan doesn’t have many plans with his life, being quite satisfied with his deeds and objectives, he just seems to be doing whatever with what he can. Perhaps finding a love life of his own could be the best bet he could do. But for now, he’s a free man with free wills.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
He’d yell at them them to drop the act and behave properly, self respect does not come with a rowdy personality, perhaps being nicer before they earn a seat in the timeout chair. If they proceed to continue he will report to the Vice Principal with a referral.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
He’d have his hand ready, before he’d turn on the stove. He’d splash olive oil onto the pan with a high temperature he’d shake the pan around a bit having a large fire happening, though it would NOT burning anything near because of hazards. He would try to catch the classes’ attention with this.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
He’d be chilling on the tables with a bunch of paperwork that needs to be done- Sipping a nice cup of hot chocolate or tea. Though it would be filing papers that needed to be done such as food orders or magazines. He seems to be a bit of a procrastinator.. might be rushing paperwork done.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
He’d turn on the elmo as she began the lesson, on the screen would show a powerpoint containing different types of foods, what wonder there is,
/me He walk around the room looking at everyone’s baked/cooked goods, making sure everyone is safe and not harming themselves by perhaps holding the knife wrong or using techniques that she could use to help guide them.
/me He walk up to the front of the class, as everyone was gathering to their seats and settled down, he carefully looked around the room before slamming his hand against the board to stop any sort of talking or communication across the classroom before speaking any sort of word. This would grab everyone’s attention.
/me He go over to the students desk before raising her arm, her finger would do the “come here” pose, she would be referring to the phone that the student is using without permission.
/me He carefully scan the classroom before proceeding to the next step in the lesson. She’d be looking for students who would have their hand raised for any sort of questions or comments that might be answered in the powerpoint.

Backstory
Nathan has lived and raised in a healthy family, but what was a surprise to the family was that he had a twin brother! Though the family didn’t want something to happen to them like this, they put Clayton Nguyen up for adoption and 2 months later, Clayton was out of Nathan’s life. The family believed that having a twin- Or having two people born at once was bad luck and a hassle. Believing, Nathan was the better choice and investment to the family. Nathan was always a happy boy. Living with two healthy family having an amazing bond to them. Nathan attempted to support on himself as the adults became busier. He believed if he could function on his own he could pretty much have a better life for him. He didn’t enjoy school as much, loved doodling and reading in his free time. His parents were pretty successful business investors as they then had decided to attempt to make him cook, cook for himself. They forced his young life at age 10 into cooking classes, restaurants, asking him multiple questions regarding about the looks and flavor of what it seemed like. Giving him home-made tests on how to cook an egg in multiple ways, types of eggs, and how things should be prepared. Learning about cross-contamination and other things related to as. Nathan didn’t exactly fancy it at first but being surrounded and inspired he tried to pursue his dream job. He wanted to be a professional chef but he loved spending time and making friends. His highschool career took a turn upon him. Scholarships, just scholarships were everywhere. He was a joyful hard working person with an energetic personality. Enjoyed multiple sports such as volleyball and tennis. He was active in clubs and events that always happened in school, but had a bad tendency of putting his work into procrastination. He was able to get into a 4 year university with full scholarships throughout competing for competitions, awards and what not. During his 2nd year of university he was able to get into fraternity, though in his 3rd year of college he was able to travel to Canada competing in Master Chef. During his 4th year in college, he was able to finally talk to someone, perhaps someone who entered his life, someone who inspired him to be better. Someone who was a bit younger than them but they amazed him, made him fall in love with everything that life had to offer, He had loved everything that his best friend opened his life to, Bambi Tysuki, a person who inspired him to be the best he could be.. He finished his 4th year and college and decided to take a step back in his life. Realizing his hard paid off for nothing in his own beliefs. Believed he didn’t do enough to enjoy what he could have enjoyed at a young life. He spent a year's worth of traveling before getting back on his feet.
Remember the twin brother that was mentioned in the introduction? Well, on his travels to Venice, he met someone who seemed oddly similar to him. Someone who was exactly like him. Someone who looks and smiles just like him- A twin? Wh- His life goes into a flashback, wondering why he didn’t feel satisfied, it was because there was someone else who was also basically living the same exciting life as him, but on the other side. Both Clayton and Nathan hanged out, going places together surprisingly. Clayton and Nathan didn’t want to be apart, not anymore, no more, they decided to take a quick trip back to Australia to confront their parents about everything why. Many tears were shown and hurt feelings but they healed over play-dates and dinner dates. They bonded like family, an actual family. They would spend mostly, most of the time as brothers, seeing how different their lives actually were but their bond seemed unbreakable.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Nathan Nguyen.
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Chef.
Given Name(s): “Nate” “Nathan”
Preferred Name: Chef Nathan.

Religious Denomination: None.
Marital Status: Unmarried.
Nationality: Asian
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2 years.
Working Experience (# of years): 5 years.

Academic Degree: Bachelors
Year of Graduation:
Major(s): Marking, Culinary
Minors: Art, Family and Consumer Sciences.

Native Languages: German / Japanese
Other Languages: None.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, CELTA
Preferred Teaching Subject: Catering
Extra: Will resign if seemed unfit for the job.
Additional notes about your application (if any):
- I will try to not have messy lessons and keep lessons more formatted, and less depressed teachers!!! No more craziness, I'll keep this class in more of a culinary class though if that's fine!! Catering is a bit hard.. but I'll try my best though mostly focusing it on the culinary side.
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- Wonderful application as per usual, I trust you with this new position.
- Your rank will be switched at the end of the month. DM me on Discord for these changes.

Users who are viewing this thread