ScaryBook
Notable+
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN: OGMint

DISCORD TAG: OG Mint#3481

PREVIOUS BANS: No bans nor warnings

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS: Yes

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: Shinkan

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER: I'm usually on between 4-5 hours a day. I spend most of the time online hanging out with friends and looking for players to interact with and trying to take part in the community.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION? I have been studying some of the culture of Japan, Shintoism being the religion I learned a lot about, and I'm ready to learn more about it and the culture around it.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I'm pretty confident that I have enough knowledge about this religion to take part in this role and hopefully I can prove it in role play and show my dedication to be promoted to a higher rank priest in the future. I hope to be able to make this small faction more known and talked about. I've been on this server for almost a year and only now found out about it. Hopefully this is where I will fit best to be in the community.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME: Neo Corvid

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?: 25

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?: After being in jail for a long time, I decided to change my ways and find a place where I can find peace in myself and give back to society for the crime I committed long ago. I'm a new person and I would like to be given the chance to prove it. Society might not accept me back, but I'm sure the Kami would give me a chance to cleanse myself and become pure again.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The monastery was built on the side of mountain Daichi in 762 far from civilization due to it being known as a spiritual area because it is close to the heavens because Yama-no-Kami, the mountain god, belonged there. Shinto became an important religion in the 18th century when it began to revive and became a popular place, until the nature around the area was destroyed and civilization grew, the people started to lose that part of their culture.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
character biography, 150 words minimum
My Name is Neo Corvid, I was born in the United states and was moved to Japan when my orphanage closed down. I've lived in this city for a long time and went to school. I made a few good friends from different cultures, they taught me to speak French and helped me with Japanese. I was struggling with the new language. After being in school for a while, I decided to take part in the community. I started by joining some clubs, well... attempted to. I was able to join the gardening club which was a good fit for me. I'm interested in nature, especially flowers, the reason why I collect extremely rare ones. A few months later I started to look for jobs, and it was a struggle due to being new to the city so not many people knew me. I wanted to take part in the society I had planned to live in. As time went by, I heard about a black market dealer. I started to look for the person and was able to get the number by asking some people in an area with high crime. I called the number and started to meet with the man in the sewers and began buying some illegal items. It was mainly for protection, but people around me started to get in big trouble with the KPD for simply having possession of these items, so I no longer wanted them. I began to offer the different weapons I had to different friends and sold them. I made a good amount of yen and began to buy more illegal items to resell. As more money was coming in and more people asked for more products, I began to become known between gangs. I became comfortable with my life and even got a fiancé. Things were going very well for me, until I got arrested for weapon trafficking and punished with one year of prison and a bail of 2,500.000 yen. The detective was polite to me, and simply told me to make good use of my time in prison. I haven't heard of my fiancé in so long and I regret my crime. I’ve been able to get out of prison since I got arrested, I have the yen to get bailed out, but I don't want to get out knowing that I won't be able to be part of the society because of this, but I want to give back to the community in a good way, and show that I have changed, and I believe that the monastery would be the only place where I would be accepted.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Hello, My name is Neo Corvid, and I would like to have the chance to be a priest in the monastery, I’ve been studying the culture and the religion during my time in prison, and I want to show the people that I have changed and be able to show my dedication to become pure again and forgiven for my past crime. I would not disappoint you.

Thank you
Neo Corvid

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the shrine?
When going through a tori, you must bow once and take the first step with your left foot
You then must cleanse yourself by washing your right hand, then left hand, and wash your mouth by getting the water with the wooden scooper, one scoop for each part you wash. Remember to rinse the handle before setting it back.

How are rituals to a Kami performed?
You toss a coin to a box (usually wooden), you bow twice, clap twice, and then you pray in silence. Once you're done, you give your farewell by bowing once.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
Shinto maidens perform sacred dances to entertain and please the shinto deities, this dance is called kagura. Maidens also conduct exorcisms, divinations and act oracles.
The priest also performs rituals and usually lives in the shrine grounds to maintain a satisfactory relationship with the kami by offerings, meditations and evocation. He’s not seen as a spiritual leader; nor there to preach or lecture, but will if asked to.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
Well the child must be between the age 3, 5 or 7 to rite the protection and fortune of the kami, they pray for prosperity and they receive gifts from their family members. This is tradition is usually done in autumn and it's called Shichigosan

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
Shintoism is considered a religion, although the people who practice it don't consider themselves religious. Shintoism is based on the belief of kami, which aren't really considered gods, but more like down to earth spirits, the shrines that are seen around are to show respect to different kamis. A kami can be any kind of natural spirit, for example Yama-no-kami which is the mountain kami this monastery is built for. Even some people may become a kami after their death.

What is the name of the Kami that resides at the Monastery? Yama-no-kami

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED

Thank you so much for applying but we have decided to deny your application for this time. Feel free to
reapply again at any time!​

Users who are viewing this thread