mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Neutral_Tones's Teaching Application: Performing Arts

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Neutral_Tones

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): neutral.tonez.ofcl

Do you have a microphone?: Yes

What is your time zone?: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: I am active whenever I can get on, however due to work, college, and household activities, I may go AFK a few times.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server: Website doesn’t show them but I have one for Latin and one for JSL. And one I did for someone else.

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): Grade 12 on both characters.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Performing Arts/Drama

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: My aspiration to become a teacher is driven by a profound desire to entertain and educate, specifically focusing on the transformative influence of the performing arts in shaping extraordinary dramas, movies, and shows within our tangible reality. I am genuinely excited about the prospect of delving into the intricacies and nuances of this creative realm, with the ultimate goal of instilling a deep appreciation for the artistry and craftsmanship involved.
In the realm of teaching, I envision crafting an engaging and immersive learning experience. My aim is not only to guide students through the technical aspects of the performing arts but also to cultivate a profound understanding of their cultural and societal significance. I am committed to fostering an environment that encourages curiosity, fostering a genuine love for storytelling, and emphasising the transformative power inherent in the performing arts.
My hands-on experiences in various capacities have exposed me to the transformative nature of drama, film, and shows. I am enthusiastic about channeling this firsthand passion into my teaching role, whether it involves ****yzing iconic performances, tracing the historical evolution of the performing arts, or exploring the collaborative processes behind the scenes. My intention is to provide students with a comprehensive and enriching educational journey that extends beyond the conventional boundaries.
Fundamentally, my motivation as a teacher is centred on instilling not just a profound appreciation for the performing arts but also nurturing the intellectual and creative growth of my students. I am devoted to establishing an atmosphere where the enchantment of storytelling and the brilliance of the performing arts are not merely subjects of study but serve as enduring sources of inspiration for a lifelong love and understanding of the arts.
It is also an opportunity to take up a job I could not take in the real world.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?: Yes, I'm completely on board with this. I recognise that there's a learning curve. While the financial aspect is not the primary driver for my application, I understand and accept the fairness in compensation. My main focus is on gaining valuable experience, and I believe this role can provide the necessary support as I navigate my current stage of inexperience.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?: In terms of the technical aspects, I may need guidance on specific commands and tools like the radio or intercom. However, when it comes to teaching classes and assessing assignments, I am confident and experienced. I have taken on teaching roles in different contexts, including real-world situations, though not specifically on a Minecraft server.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: The SLT (Senior Leadership Team) is responsible for overseeing class logs, which play a crucial role in monitoring the number of classes conducted by teachers. These logs contain details such as the duration of classes, student attendance numbers, and the star ratings provided by students. They serve as a valuable tool for the SLT to calculate teachers' monthly pay and to keep tabs on overall student and teacher attendance. While there is more to discover about teacher class logs, this is the information available at present, and I look forward to learning more given the opportunity.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: Respect your students as how you’d expect them to respect you, prevent disruptions in the class which may hinder the education of others, ensure the following of instructions, ensure students are prepared for the lesson, no tolerance for bullying or harassment under any circumstances.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: In terms of the server, I have not had the most roleplay experience. I am great at staying in character when I concentrate on it. DetailRP is something I can do well, however it does take time as I struggle with putting my words down into text. I have extensive knowledge on literary types and how many writers portray their characters. Outside of the server, I used to always play make-believe as a child, taking up roles and playing with them, being someone else entirely, even if only for a short time, or a long time. However, whilst I have not done this for some time, I have started writing books, creating and bringing characters to life, I’m amateur at best at the moment but they are still ways I can hone my skills in character playing and character creation in the world.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
Meaning: Head of Department
Description: The Heads of Departments hold the top positions within the faction, boasting extensive knowledge and experience accumulated over their extended tenure in the organization. With each Head overseeing a specific department aligned with their respective subjects, they serve as exemplary figures for other ranks. Responsible for a myriad of tasks, the Heads of Departments not only manage their departments but also provide guidance and support to less experienced teachers. This assistance may range from clarifying the usage of specific commands to offering general training, showcasing their pivotal role in mentoring and shaping the faction's educational landscape.
- QT
Meaning: Qualified Teacher
Description: This is used for someone who has reached the requirements needed to become a teacher. This lets them be actually recognised as a teacher (not that the others aren’t). This usually includes a recognised and approved teaching education programme, gaining the relevant certificates or license, and/or meeting other professional standards.

- NQT
Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
Description: This is used for a person who has recently achieved the necessary requirements to become recognised as a teacher. Newly qualified teachers are typically in their first year of teaching and are often offered assistance by qualified teachers as support during their first classes.

- UT
Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
Description: This is used for someone who does not have the requirements to be recognised as a teacher. Some unqualified teachers with specialty in certain subjects and/or skills are still permitted to teach without formal qualification, but this varies based on who is in charge.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
In SRP, teachers apply and those who are accepted provide facilitation of learning, the obligation to create engaging activities, and provide the necessary skills to allow students to thrive in the subject at hand. They are role models to the students, important in influencing and teaching how students should act in the real world and ensure the best in behaviour. Teachers are vital in maintaining a productive classroom environment. Most, if not all, teachers are also required to assess their students’ progress in their classes, whether that be examinations, or other sources of assessment. A teacher is also support in social and emotional situations, helping students navigate challenges and build resilience in the hearts of students to help them become the best they can in life. They also bring encouragement and motivation to students to raise self esteem and bring out their best self.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The School runs on MoScOw, which is an abbreviation teaching format for "Must Have, Should Have, Could Have, Won't Have".

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Yui is a young, muscular male with a slight feminine look. He bares what may be known as a ‘sleeper build’ where the massive definition of his body is only shown when flexing, complementing his modesty. He has a slim figure to go with this, standing 6’4”. His hair is a strawberry blonde, which has an odd shine that causes it to look bright pink, his eyes are a mix between purple and magenta, contrasting his light skin. He takes good care of said skin, using many products to keep it spotless.
For accessories, Yui may wear some silver glasses, a hat, or have a lolly pop. He often holds a cane decoratively, and bares it show-manly, swinging and spinning it to entertain not just be part of a situation.
Yui likes to wear modest clothes, very few colours in his clothes, and he may have a few designs on it, for example, he has a pair of baggy jeans with skulls decorating parts.
Based on how he acts, he is typically closed off, preferring not to reveal much about himself, and despite this can show a warm, caring, friendly demeanour. Equally, he can rapidly turn cold and uncaring, as if he’d just watched you bully his family. And aside from all of this, he is generally a good person with good intentions. He is a family man who cares deeply for those he is related to or associated with, such as partners or friends. Yui makes attempts at being social but struggles seriously, not knowing what to say or what may be too much, and thus has developed a preference to listen rather than speak in social situations.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Yui cares for those he is associated with, seeing them as friends even when they do not see him as such. He would risk himself for them, and is willing to step in if he feels they are in danger, but does not barge in, instead first asking what the situation is, and making attempts to read the situation.

What are their plans for the future?
Yui wants to be a teacher as his long term employment. It has been a dream he’s been looking towards for a while. He attends any class he can and studies each subject and the actions of teachers to the fullest to get a firm understanding of what is expected or what to do. He loves working with people and hopes to maintain teaching and one day teach other aspiring teachers.
He also wants to find true joy in life, find a partner to spend his time with, enjoy their company, maybe start a family, but who knows?

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

If I encounter a group of delinquents in the hallway engaging in cursing and swearing, my approach would involve addressing the situation calmly and assertively. I would first assess the immediate context and potential risks to ensure the safety of everyone in the vicinity. I would approach the delinquents and politely but firmly request that they refrain from using offensive language and disruptive behaviour.
If the situation escalates or if the individuals continue their inappropriate behaviour, I would consider involving appropriate authorities, such as SLT or external authorities such as KPD if necessary, to ensure a swift and/or effective resolution.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Should I find that my class were not listening, I would implement various different types of teaching approaches, or even punishment.
For one, I may try something more interactive, something that allows students to be part of the lesson rather than to sit and listen.
I may decide to implement real-world instances. Teach things that may be necessary for students to progress in the real world and teach tips to help them on their journeys; generally I’d add something that may be more relevant and relatable to the students.
Maybe a game such as one-word story, or something creative that lets students write what their imaginations bring to them.
I may use a patient approach, stop with anything joyous and turn colder, standing and waiting for the attention of students, to reel it all back to the lesson.
If the situation were a whole class argument, I would intervene, assess the situation and find the source of the tension, dealing out the correct punishment should it be necessary. Perhaps this may be removal from class, detention slips, or SLT call-out if it calls for it.
Often I may just re-establish classroom expectations.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Yui is reserved, he may sit aside and listen rather than talk, or should a dear friend enter, or be there, he may wait for them to be done with what they are doing before greeting and maybe having a chat with them before the next period.
He prefers to not be a bother or burden to anyone around him, and acts accordingly, staying out of situations unless he needs to.

Provide at least 4 ~detailed~ /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
smiled before his peers, swinging his cane in large, quick circles in a showman-like manner. He begun pacing back and forth as he waited for everybody to be settled and ready.
/me put his cane to the floor, his smile remaining as he welcomed his class, &f”Hello! How are we all doing today?” (back to normal chat colour)he’s jump from side to side and then rested his weight upon his cane. Finally, he cleared his throat before addressing the class a little more seriously. [insert class for the period plan here.]
/me entered a closet backstage, you may hear drawers and doors opening and closing in a hurry as he appeared to be searching for something important. It almost sounded like he’s lost something, and the drawers were being flung out and entirely emptied in an attempt to look for it. This was all before he BURST back onto stage, smiling with utter glee as he explained what he was going to do next.
/me blanked out for a moment, seeming completely out of it, in a trance almost before he noticed a detail in his field of view which brought him back. Smiling again, he turned and skipped to the attraction, addressing it accordingly.

Backstory
Yui's journey into the world of drama teaching was shaped by the contrasting elements of his personality and the experiences of his upbringing. Born into a Catholic family in Oyama, Shizuoka, Japan, Yui's early life was far from extraordinary. Living near the Fuji Speedway, the constant noise and the challenges his family faced led them to seek a more comfortable life in Tokyo.

In the bustling metropolis, Yui found himself drawn to the world of education. As he navigated through his basic education, he discovered a passion for teaching, a calling that would later become the driving force behind his desire to share the art of drama with others. The vibrant city life and exposure to diverse cultures ignited a spark within him, pushing him to pursue his dreams in the performing arts.

Despite his generally closed-off demeanor, Yui's warmth and caring nature shone through, especially when it came to his family. His deep love and commitment to those he held dear were the pillars of his character. Yui's experiences in Tokyo not only cultivated his passion for teaching but also exposed him to the vast world of movies and TV shows.

Movies and plays became an integral part of Yui's life, offering him a means of escape and a source of inspiration. He immersed himself in the rich tapestry of cinematic and theatrical experiences, watching a multitude of films and plays from various genres, directors, and actors. This diverse exposure fueled his love for drama, providing him with a broad perspective on the art form.

Yui's journey took a pivotal turn when he moved to Karakura, where he too joined the Onodera family, becoming deeply close with them, feeling as if they were a true family to him, rather than adopted.. Karakura was in this new environment that he realised the profound impact drama had on his life, shaping his identity and influencing his aspirations. As he sought to find his place in this community, Yui grappled with social interactions, often feeling uncertain about what to say or how to connect with others. Despite these challenges, he developed a preference for listening over speaking, allowing him to observe and absorb the world around him.

The amalgamation of Yui's passion for drama, his love for teaching, and his genuine caring nature laid the foundation for his dream of becoming a drama teacher. With a heart dedicated to his family and a soul fuelled by the transformative power of storytelling, Yui set out on a path to inspire and guide future generations through the world of performing arts.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

“My name is Yui Onodera.”
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
“My title is Mister.”
Given Name(s):
“I have no given names.”
Preferred Name:
“Please, just call me Yui.”

Age (Minimum is 25):
“I am 26 years old.”
Religious Denomination:
“I was raised catholic but personally I am more Agnostic.”
Marital Status:
“I am unmarried.”

Nationality:
“I am Japanese and Korean.”
Current Location:
“I reside in Karakura, Japan”

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

“I have 1 year of experience teaching in a British primary school.”

Academic Degree:
“I graduated from the University of West London with a master’s degree in Acting and the Performing Arts.”
Year of Graduation:
“I graduated in the year 2023, at 25 years old.”
Major(s):
“I majored in Acting and the Performing Arts and Education.”
Minors:
“Latin and World History.”

Native Languages:
“I speak Japanese natively.”
Other Languages:
“I am fluent in Latin to read and understand older scripts for past drama and have a decent understanding in Japanese Sign Language.”

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
“I have none of the above.”

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
This took me about a few months to make, I’m sorry if I did not include as much to your standard as I could have, as I mentioned earlier, putting words down is not my strong suit.
Do you have any questions?:
N/A

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to others

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread