dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
IGN:
Glazebury / jeemay

DATE:
13/11/2020

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

I'd like to suggest the addition of a new School Employee Job; the Lifeguard!

The Lifeguard is currently a job/position that is only available to the Owner himself and it isn't an actual job you can apply for / get money from. It's just a role the owner holds. I think that this should become an actual job for players to be able to roleplay as. The Lifeguard would be like your average School Employee; log his hours and get his money paid

screenshot.140.png

A Lifeguard's job would be to monitor the school swimming pool and occasionally attend the Swim Team training because it makes sense for a lifeguard to be at Swim training because a new swimmer wouldn't be a professional swimmer right away. He/She may also attend P.E Classes that include the swimming sport in order to make sure everyone is practicing the sport safely and no one is in danger. The Lifeguard would sit at the lifeguard chair that already exists at the pool and would look over the pool. The Lifeguard would also make sure that the pool rules apply for all the students and that no one is breaking any rules. As for the attire of the lifeguard, I'll leave this for the School Employee faction leader.

Thank you for reading my suggestion and I hope you agree too!

Leave me a comment if you think I should add anything else. :)

Last edited:

funerals_

Level 21
I think it should stay as a student-based role. Rarely anyone uses the pool to begin with, let alone try to drown or anything like that. Realistically, young adults and students find Lifeguard jobs for a side-job from school, so having a grown adult as one doesn't seem very realistic. Honestly, the job itself would be boring - you'd just be sitting on the lifeguard tower during the entire school day, hoping someone might nearly drown.

However, I like the idea of introducing new roles into the School Employee faction - but I don't think a Lifeguard role is very suitable.

qbigail

Level 77

I think essentially, this role is useless. Like @funerals_ said, rarely anyone uses the pool. This means that the role would just become inactive and be scrapped.
Referencing to your point on the Swim-Team, if they are on the Swim-Team, they are obviously strong swimmers. This means that if they drowned- they obviously can’t swim that well and don’t deserve to compete in any swim-competitions. . .​
Thanks for reading!

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich

I think essentially, this role is useless. Like @funerals_ said, rarely anyone uses the pool. This means that the role would just become inactive and be scrapped.

Referencing to your point on the Swim-Team, if they are on the Swim-Team, they are obviously strong swimmers. This means that if they drowned- they obviously can’t swim that well and don’t deserve to compete in any swim-competitions. . .
Thanks for reading!

Mainly when you start swimming for the first time, you still don't know much about swimming, hence why there is always a trainer with you. I'm pretty sure if all the people trying out for Swim would know how to swim, they'd all be accepted.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+

The role itself is still a student role, however there is currently no way to obtain it. In addition to this point, bare in mind Karakura has no indoor pools, so the role will be rendered useless when it comes to Winter and early Spring; I'm also all for suggestions and possible additions, but I don't see a purpose for this to be an Employee role.

Perhaps in the future the lifeguard role will once again be available by application or something, but most schools don't usually have their own lifeguards, most are hired. As for your point on Swim Team training, teachers are allowed to choose a certain sport to 'Coach' as seen on this roster: [CLICK HERE], however what they (and the captain) do with that role is entirely up to them.
I agree with the points listed by; @funerals_ & @HawkinsGirl25, the role should stay a student role and possibly become obtainable via application or scrapped.

Last edited:

eto

Level 15
-1. As my time as Swim-Captain, I did lifeguard training as a six-week course in order for the Swim-Team to be able to understand doing the role themselves. The role would be pointless.

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
i think that you have the right idea with this role, but personally, i think that it wouldn't be needed as the pool is not used much by students.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
I'll just agree with everyone else. I agree with you, but if we are going to do majority rule, then well...

The role quite literally serves no purpose. It's cool but isn't used. It's like a flex to have a rock-solid 6 pack, and big broad shoulders, though the one downside is they don't actually have muscle. They just make it look like your strong.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Bare in mind Karakura has no indoor pools, so the role will be rendered useless when it comes to Winter and early Spring; I'm also all for suggestions and possible additions, but I don't see a purpose for this to be an Employee role.

Perhaps in the future the lifeguard role will once again be available by application or something, but most schools don't usually have their own lifeguards, most are hired. As for your point on Swim Team training, teachers are allowed to choose a certain sport to 'Coach' as seen on this roster: [CLICK HERE], however what they (and the captain) do with that role is entirely up to them.​

Users who are viewing this thread