mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

New speed/swim attribute grind

Lazeas

Level 47
IGN: Lazeas
DATE: 3/3/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: The amount of speed you get when running should be heavily buffed. If this does not get buffed, then the track field should be at least 3x MINIMUM EXP along with adding some other items that boost exp because a whole week of running for max speed is crazy... even acro takes less time to max out than speed now. In my opinion, 50 hours of grinding/running on the minimum exp gain should be the default, not 160+ hours. along with 2x boost on track, not 1.25x
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I timed it and it takes OVER 1 whole minute for 0.01%. That's 10 minutes for 0.1%, 1 hour and 40 minutes for 1%, 16 hours and 40 minutes for 10%, 166 hours and 40 minutes for 100%... that's like a whole week of play time of just running to reach max..? Also note most people spend a lot of time just standing still so they can roleplay and type. I don't really see the point in making the grind this bad, it's a roleplay server. This restricts a lot of players who haven't reached max from having an roleplays that involve chases, CrimeRP/KPD or anything involving the sport plugins/TeamRP.

Edit: just checked with swim and hollly it's just as slow, if not slower to level than speed... buff swim too pls

Last edited:

rieums

Level 42
rieums
rieums
Omega
+1
I just think this would be a lot easier for players to get their speed up, and may encourage more players to play. For example, if a player comes on the server and it takes them hours to get to the level of attributes like everyone else, they will most likely be less inclined to continue to play.

philbertman42

Level 135
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
50 hours of grinding/running on the minimum exp gain should be the default
No. 100% no, there is no justification for having to spend 50 hours to max out even everything combined, let alone just one thing. If the point of the server was to grind, sure, but this is a roleplay server where this type of activity should be kept to a minimum however possible.

Other than that note, I agree. I'm personally against attributes as a whole since they take away from the main focus of the server, but if they're going to be here I would at least like it to not mimic Final Fantasy II's horrendous stat leveling system (which follows the same logic as SRP, do specific thing more = higher stat, and it's pretty much unanimously regarded as the worst FF because of this). Regardless of how it works, it really shouldn't be as difficult as it's supposedly gotten.

RexLobo

Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
+1 I have 5 accounts.. i had to grind them all out to 100 speed. it was miserable. PLEASE

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
+1
For the past week I’ve been running on the school’s track for a minimum of an hour a day, give or take. I’ve hardly gone up 3%. Please lord let me run fast this is hell on earth
On top of that the fact that attributes commonly bug and reset to back before you grinded makes the whole thing a massive headache

Lazeas

Level 47
No. 100% no, there is no justification for having to spend 50 hours to max out even everything combined, let alone just one thing. If the point of the server was to grind, sure, but this is a roleplay server where this type of activity should be kept to a minimum however possible.

Other than that note, I agree. I'm personally against attributes as a whole since they take away from the main focus of the server, but if they're going to be here I would at least like it to not mimic Final Fantasy II's horrendous stat leveling system (which follows the same logic as SRP, do specific thing more = higher stat, and it's pretty much unanimously regarded as the worst FF because of this). Regardless of how it works, it really shouldn't be as difficult as it's supposedly gotten.
50 hours to max speed was how it was before. They won't remove the attribute system and probably won't reduce the grind further than that. It's drastically better than how it is right now (166 hours to max)

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’m iffy about it. I don’t have 100% speed on all my accounts but I feel like it’s not meant to be sat there grinding it for hours at a time. It’s a roleplay server so I feel as if it should be achieved by going out and running to different places rather than grinding speed while watching Netflix or smth

draculary

Level 39
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
+1 as someone who had to dreadfully run around the kpd track for hours and days, it was so hard

Lazeas

Level 47
I’m iffy about it. I don’t have 100% speed on all my accounts but I feel like it’s not meant to be sat there grinding it for hours at a time. It’s a roleplay server so I feel as if it should be achieved by going out and running to different places rather than grinding speed while watching Netflix or smth
I get it but a majority of people won't spend their time running around, it took my other account 10 hours of play time to get 1%. That would mean if I just ROLEPLAY and don't grind speed, it would take me 1660 hours of playtime or 10 weeks of playtime to reach speed 100... Note this is PLAYTIME. so if i drop 20 hours a week on srp i'd get max speed in 83 weeks... No. That would put you in a huge disadvantage in a lot of rp situations like plugin sports or crimerp, therefore stricting the player's experience

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
BIG +1

If you cant spend hours a day grinding speed it literally takes months just to get to 50 speed.

florestia

Level 43
Community Team
Lore Team
florestia
florestia
Omega+
+1!!!

Coming from someone on the track team, this is making it hell to grind speed, especially when there are quotas we have to hit, I have 100% on my mains and 50% on all my alts however I certainly do not see myself taking that much time into grinding them all to 100% when it takes this long

Users who are viewing this thread